剧集 | 救援高手(2013) | 导航列表
我叫Nathan Fielder
My name is Nathan Fielder,
毕业于加拿大最顶尖的商学院之一
and I graduated from one of Canada's top business schools
并且成绩优异
with really good grades.
如今我运用我的学识
Now I'm using my knowledge
来帮助挣扎求生的小企业主
to help struggling small business owners
在这个竞争激烈的世界里获得成功
make it in this competitive world.
这
This...
就是救援高手
is Nathan for You.
Andy Farshidian是橘子郡安迪出租车公♥司♥的老总
Andy Farshidian is the president of Andy O.C. Taxi Company,
他把他所有的麻烦都归咎于一件事物
and he blames all his troubles on one thing.
流行的共享汽车项目 比如优步
Trendy ride-sharing programs, like uber,
最近一直在吸引人们的关注
have been grabbing headlines lately
并给像Andy这样的出租车公♥司♥带来了巨大冲击
and caused taxi companies like Andy's to take a big hit.
实话和你说吧
I want to be honest with you.
我要破产了 你懂我意思吧
I'm very broke. You know what I mean?
穷得叮当响
Very broke.
于是我去拜访了他
So I paid him a visit
并带去了一个保证能让他的公♥司♥重回公众视野的方法
with a guaranteed way to get his company back in the spotlight.
这些共享汽车项目"搞"得你很难受 是吗 - 是啊
The ride-share programs, you know, are screwing you, right? - Right.
你懂的 他们抢了出租车的很多生意
You know, they took lots of the customers from cab business.
你需要获得像他们那样的关注度
And you need to get the attention that they're getting.
为了达到这个目的 你要让孕妇免费搭车
And the way to do that is to give free rides to pregnant women.
这跟做好出租车生意有什么联♥系♥呢
How this connected to the, you know, success in the cab business?
每当一个宝宝在出租车里诞生
Every time a baby is born in a taxicab,
就会成为一个轰动的新闻故事
it becomes a huge news story.
所以如果Andy采取一种特殊的促销方案
So if Andy did a special promotion,
也就是让怀孕的妇女免费搭车
where he offered free rides to women who were pregnant,
生命奇迹在橘子郡出租车上发生就只是时间问题了
it would only be a matter of time until the miracle of life happened in an O.C. Taxicab.
计划是 让孕妇免费搭车来增加她们在车后座生产的几率
The plan--increase the odds of a backseat birth with free rides for the pregnant.
我从来没有 我从没想过这个方法
I never had the-- I never thought about this.
你就先照做 等到第一个婴儿出生
You just do it till you get one.
到时就会有媒体报道的
Then you'll get all this press.
是啊 那样就太棒了
Yeah, that would be great.
我 我得问一下 你的出租车干净吧
I-I should ask. Your cabs are clean, right?
是啊 当然
Yeah, sure.
Andy加入了计划
Andy was on board.
现在我得让孕妇们知道这项促销活动
Now I needed to get pregnant women aware of the promotion,
于是我来到一个开设产前课程的瑜伽工作室
so I approached a yoga studio that offers prenatal classes
并恳请他们把这个消息告诉学员们
and asked them to get the word out to their students.
如果你能宣传一下这个活动就太好了
And that would be great if you could push this.
为什么一定要妊娠末三个月
Why only in their third trimester?
呃 这主要是为了契合我们的营销需求
That more is--has to do with our marketing needs.
懂了
Got it.
没过几天 我们就开始接到了电♥话♥
And within a few days, we started getting calls.
于是我和Andy手下的一个司机Armen便出发了
So I headed out with one of Andy's drivers, Armen.
当我们在等候第一位顾客时
And while we waited for our first customer,
我对他有了一些了解
I got to know him a little bit.
你有什么秘密吗
So do you have any secrets?
呃
Emmmm.
有啊 我有秘密 但是
Yeah, I have secrets, but...
但我告诉你的话就不是秘密了
when I told you, that is a not secret.
嗯 有道理
Hmm. Fair enough.
不好的秘密吗
Bad secrets?
我想是吧
I think, yeah.
真的吗 - 我想是的
Yeah? - I think.
过了一会儿 就到了开始免费接送孕妇的时候
And moments later, it was time to start giving rides to pregnant women.
你怀孕多久了
So how far along are you?
我三十 三十七周了
I'm 30--37 weeks.
所以任何
So any--
随时都有可能 - 是啊
Anytime soon. - Anytime.
但当后座真的坐着一个怀孕九个月的妇女时
But with a woman who is nine months pregnant now in the backseat,
我开始思考这个办法所面临的现实问题
the reality of what I was doing began to set in.
我没采取任何安全保障措施
I hadn't taken any safety precautions at all.
如果真有孕妇在车上生产的话
And if a woman were to have a baby in here,
藏着诸多秘密的Armen适合去接生吗
would Armen, with all those secrets, be fit to deliver it?
这让我意识到可能有一个更好的方法
And that made me realize there might be a better way to do this.
我发现掀背式轿车和医院的产床结构很相似
It occurred to me that a hatchback taxi and a hospital birthing table have very similar qualities,
将两者结合也许就是我需要的解决方案
and a hybrid of the two could be the solution I needed.
再加上无菌环境
Throw in sterile conditions
和一个专业医护人员来接生宝宝
and a medical professional to deliver the baby,
那我就有了一个更可能上头条且绝对安全的分娩选择
and I'd have a completely safe birthing option that would be even more headline-worthy
因为之前从未有人这么做过
because it's never been done before.
于是我在Craiglist网站发了一条广♥告♥
So I put an ad on Craigslist
寻找还没有定下分娩计划的孕妇们
seeking pregnant women that hadn't yet decided their birth plans,
几天之后
And within a few days,
我收到了一个叫Shante的妇女的回复
I got a response from a woman named Shante
她已经怀孕七个月了
who was seven months pregnant.
我的构想是让一辆出租车
The way I see it is a cab
就在你家门口或离你家很近
that would be at your house or very close to your house.
嗯哼
Okay.
我会对它进行彻底的消毒清洁
I'd want everything to be completely sanitized
保证至少像在医院里那样安全
in a way that's just as safe, if not safer, than a hospital.
我 我不反对
I'm--I'm not opposed to it.
但是 呃 我可能还要
I mean, I-I think I would probably, uh,
还得再考虑考虑
need to think about it more
并和我男朋友商量一下
and discuss it with my--my boyfriend.
某种程度上说 你和你儿子会小有名气
I mean, in a way, you and your son would be famous.
是啊 哈哈 可以这么说
Yeah--well, yeah. Yeah.
令人惊讶的是 Shante被我说动了
Shante was surprisingly intrigued,
一想到我的计划没准能成我就感到很振奋
and I was stoked that this might actually happen.
于是我回去找Andy汇报事情进展
So I went back to Andy to bring him up to speed.
我找到了一位孕妇有可能
I actually found a woman who potentially
愿意在你的一辆出租车上分娩
might be willing to give birth in one of your taxicabs.
真的吗 - 是啊
Oh, really? - Yeah.
她要 她要多少钱
How much she ask-- she ask?
我们还没讨论关于价钱的事
We haven't talked about money or anything.
噢
Oh.
但只有保证绝对安全的情况下我才愿意做这件事
But I only want to do this if it can be done completely safely.
我会尽量保证安全的
I try to be safe.
你不会就是说说而已吧 - 不啊
You're not just saying that right now, right? - No.
如果是这样我现在就走人
'cause I'll walk out right now.
不 别走啊 - 对我来说安全第一
No, don't walk. I-- - For me, safety is number one.
我保证 我跟你保证
I assure you. I assure you.
好吧 因为我发现你眼睛盯着的是钱
Okay, 'cause I see dollar signs in your eyes.
我知道 但我一只眼里是钱 另一只里是安全
I know, but one-- one eye is dollar sign, one eye is safety.
所以只有一只眼里是钱 - 一只眼里是钱
So dollar in one eye. - Dollar in one eyes
另一只里是婴儿
and babies in the other eyes.
另一只里是一个婴儿
It just is a baby.
只是一个婴儿 没错
Just a baby sign, yeah.
这个婴儿长什么样
What does the baby look like?
一个幼小可爱的 在微笑的宝宝
Looks like a small, cute baby with a smile.
不错 行吧 - 好嘞
Good. All right. - Okay.
太感谢你了 - 没问题 兄弟
Thank you so much. - Sure, man.
安全第一 - 当然 安全第一
Safety first. - Of course, safety first,
宝宝第二 - 行吧
baby second. - Okay.
Andy同意之后 下一步是寻找出租车分娩的发生地
With Andy on board, the next step was finding a location for the taxi birth to take place.
于是我在Shante家附近租了一间仓库
So I rented a warehouse near Shante's house
并把一辆Andy的出租车安置在那作为分娩用车
and had one of Andy's taxis brought there to be the birthing vehicle.
接下来 为了保证分娩过程的安全
Next, to make sure the birth happened safely,
我雇了一个有能力接生的人
I hired someone who'd be able to deliver the baby.
你是个助产士吧 - 我是见习助产士
You're a midwife. - I'm a student midwife.
你是个见习助产士 - 没错
You're a student midwife. - Exactly.
好吧 那你不是很熟练
Okay. So you're not quite,
但你 你基本操作什么的都了解
But you-- you pretty much know the same stuff.
嗯哼
Mm-hmm.
她还向我保证在出租车里接生完全没有问题
And she assured me that doing it in a taxi would be no problem.
我们习惯了妈妈们在任何地方分娩
We're used to moms giving birth wherever.
但我不愿意冒险去相信一个见习助产士的话
But just trusting the word of a student midwife was a risk I wasn't willing to take.
所以在给Shante展示之前
So before showing this to Shante,
我找来了一个注册产科医师 Manzer S. Kuraishi医生
I had a licensed obstetrician, Dr. Manzer S. Kuraishi, come in
剧集 | 救援高手(2013) | 导航列表