剧集 | 救援高手(2013) | 导航列表
Right. - But I need to test it,
不只是为了你的纪录片
not--not only for your documentary
或者你的电影 也是为了这个生意本身
or for your movie, but for the business itself.
在作出任何承诺之前
Before committing to anything,
Nettabi想让我和他手下一位司机Reuben进行一次试验
Nettabi wanted me to do a trial run with one of his drivers--Reuben.
除了Reuben的祖国亚美尼亚之外
Along with Reuben's home country of Armenia,
我还选择了三个更加主流的聊天话题
I picked three more mainstream conversation topics
以供乘客选择
for customers to choose from,
还从图书馆借了几本书
and took out some books from the library
供Reuben好好研读
so that Reuben could study up on them.
你要保证回去读啊
You promise you'll read these?
嗯 我保证 - 好的
I promise, yeah. - Okay.
因为这事很重要 - 我知道了
'Cause it's very important. - Okay.
你懂的 我想给你老板留个好印象
You know, I wanna look good for your boss.
好
Okay.
给了Reuben一周时间去学习后
After giving Reuben a week to study,
我们把触屏系统装在了他的车里
we had our touch screen system installed in his cab,
现在该去载几个客人试试了
and it was time to go pick up some customers.
到圣塔莫尼卡和威尔顿路口 谢谢
Santa Monica and Wilton, please.
没问题
No problem.
我们在试行一个新计划
So we're doing this thing
你可以选择本次旅程的聊天意向
where you can select your conversation preferences for the ride.
就是 选是或否
See, yes or no.
结果发现很多人都像我一样
Turns out a lot of people were like me.
没有人想和司机说话
No one wanted to talk to the driver.
喜欢这种沉默
Love that silence.
多好多安静啊
Just nice and quiet.
你在享受这样的平静吗
Are you enjoying the silence?
算是吧
Kind of.
但为了让Nettabi接受我的点子
But in order to really sell my idea to Nettabi,
我得证明这个对话功能是可行的
I needed to show the conversation feature working with a customer.
好的
Okay.
嗯 我就是很好奇加州有
Um, you know, I just wonder what California--
哪些种类是加州当地的
what was native to California,
就是像海豚什么的 或者
or, you know, like, dolphins, or--
哪些鲸鱼是本地独有的 - 对 就是这个意思
Which whales are native? - Yeah, that--that'd be right.
有哪些鲸鱼是加州本地特有的
Which whales are native to California?
加州嘛 - 对
California. - Yeah.
我不知道哎 对不起
I cannot ask. I'm sorry.
但这个书里面有提到啊
But that was covered in the-- in the books.
你读了吗 你读没读那些书
Did you read-- did you read the books?
没有 - 你没读吗
No. - You didn't read them?
好吧
Okay.
Reuben没做准备 这让我大吃一惊
I was stunned that Reuben hadn't prepared.
而如果他不能谈论有关鲸鱼的话题
And if he couldn't talk about whales,
Nettabi永远不会用我的计划的
Nettabi would never go for my idea.
所以我让他靠边停下
So I asked him to pull over
并请乘客去车外稍等片刻 以便我们说话
and had the customer wait outside so we could talk.
这是怎么了
What's going on?
你对鲸鱼一无所知吗
You don't know anything about whales?
Reuben一无所知
Reuben knew nothing.
作为最后一搏
And in a last-ditch effort,
我在手♥机♥上找了一些鲸鱼小知识让他背
I pulled up some whale facts on my phone for him to memorize.
一头抹香鲸可以屏住呼吸
A sperm whale can hold its breath
至少一个小时的时间
for at least one hour.
一个小时 能屏住 - 屏住呼吸 是抹香鲸
One hour, it can hold-- - Hold its breath, sperm whale.
好的 - 抹香鲸
Okay. - Sperm whale.
我给了Reuben大概15条与鲸鱼相关的知识
I gave Reuben about 15 whale facts,
现在该让乘客重新进来了
and then, it was time to bring the customer back in.
好了 都记住了吗 - 嗯
Okay, got it? - Yeah.
准备好了没 我要让她进来了
Okay, ready? I'm gonna bring her back in.
好了 - 行 别再搞砸了
Yeah. - Okay, don't--don't mess it up.
好的 - 那好
Okay. - Okay.
现在是决定性的时刻
It all came down to this.
我想法的命运掌握在Reuben手中
The fate of my concept was in Reuben's hands.
所以你 你刚才在问关于鲸鱼的东西是吧
So are you-- you were asking about whales?
对的 - 好啊
Yes. - Okay.
所以 呃
So, um...
这是一种很有意思的动物
It's a-- very interesting animals.
呃 举个例子
Uh, for example...
它可以在水下憋气一个小时
It can hold the breath underwater for one hour.
还有呢
What else?
而且 它们能活200年
Also, they can live 200 years.
继续说
Keep going.
所有鲸鱼都和家人一起生活 - 哇哦
All the whales sit around family. - Wow.
Reuben取得了巨大的进展
Reuben came through in a big way,
没过多久 他甚至开始编造种种事迹了
and in no time, he was even making up his own facts.
你有没有和鲨鱼搏斗过
Have you ever fought a shark?
有 - 真的吗
Yeah. - You have?
嗯 那是只大 大白鲨
Yeah, it was a great-- great white.
了不起 - 喔哦 你和大白鲨搏斗过吗
Wow. - Whoa, you fought a great white?
你怎么做到的
What did you do?
它的嘴就像这样
His mouth like this.
如果你这么过去的话 它就碰不到你 - 好吧
If you go this way, he cannot touch you... - Okay.
我尝试了一下 然后就打败了它
And I tried, and I beat it.
一只大白鲨过来咬你 结果你完爆了它
A great white shark came to bite you, and you kicked it?
没错 完爆
Yeah. I kicked it.
那你把它杀了吗 - 没有
And did you kill him? - No.
是啊 我杀了它 - 噢 哇哦
Yeah, I kill him. - Oh, wow.
很厉害啊 是吧
Pretty good, huh?
嗯 这 这的确很有趣
Yeah, it's-- it's really interesting.
你喜欢这个系统吗 以前见过这样的吗
Do you like this system? Have you ever seen it before?
没有
No.
你会告诉你的朋友们吗
Would you tell your friends about it?
呃 当然
Uh, sure.
Reuben大大超出了我对他的预期
Reuben far surpassed any expectations I had for him,
我已经等不及给Nettabi展示一下成果了
and I couldn't wait to show Nettabi the results.
如果你这么过去的话 它就碰不到你
'Cause this way, he cannot touch you...
哇 - 我尝试了一下 然后就打败了它
Wow. - And I tried, and I beat him.
这真不错
That's great.
你喜欢吗 - 乘客看上去很开心
You like it? - The customer looks happy,
司机也很舒服
and the driver was comfortable.
所以我挺喜欢的
So I like it.
我很高兴能帮到你
I'm so happy I could help you.
呃 我可以给你留个名片吗
Um, do you mind if I leave you my business card?
当然可以
Absolutely.
基本上 要照顾它的话
Basically, to care for it,
只要给它喂某种小麦
you just have to feed it kind of wheat--
那我每天都得看着你的名片了
Every day, I have to look at your card.
对 因为你要照顾它 - 哦 这也真是个好主意
You care for it, yeah. - Oh, that's a brilliant idea, too.
是的 因为你永远不会忘记把它送给你的人是谁
Yeah, because you never forget who gave it to you.
没错 你家祖传卖♥♥锦囊的吧
Yes, you are full-- full of good ideas.
谢谢夸奖 - 祝你今天愉快
Oh, great. - Have a good day.
你也是 见到你很高兴 - 我也很高兴 再见
You too. Good to meet you. - Nice meeting you. Bye, bye.
早些时候 我安排了一名员工去相亲
Earlier, I set up one of my employees on a blind date,
而我为他挑选的对象
and the girl I picked for him
是我在之前的假约会节目上遇见的Rachel
was someone that I met on my fake dating show-- Rachel.
没有其他人像我一样了
There's no one else like me.
作为和酷食热所签协议的一部分
As part of the agreement with Quiznos,
Solomon必须在约会时说出一些品牌营销潜台词
Solomon was gonna have to say some branding cues from the company during his date.
为此我给了他一副隐藏耳麦
So I gave him a hidden earpiece
并和酷食热的营销代表一起藏在里屋
and stationed myself in the back room with a Quiznos marketing rep
以便及时告诉他约会期间要说什么
so I could tell him what to say during his date.
我能看出来Solomon有些紧张
I could tell Solomon was nervous,
但是他穿上我祖父的西装真是太帅了
but he looked fantastic in my grandpa's suit.
真心希望他和Rachel能相处愉快
I just hoped that he could hit it off with Rachel.
嗨 我叫Solomon
Hi, my name is Solomon.
你好
Hi.
我叫Rachel
I'm Rachel.
你的眼睛好美
You have nice eyes.
哦 谢谢 你也是
剧集 | 救援高手(2013) | 导航列表