剧集 | 母亲父亲儿子 | 导航列表
Right before this fucking election.
可以吗
Uh-hmm...?
告诉我 你们两个会重新开始吗
Tell me, can you two make it work?
如果不能和他在一起
If I can't make it work with him,
我再也不会和别人在一起
I can't make it work with anyone.
你觉得卡登选择你是因为你被伤害过
You think Caden chose you because you're broken.
但他选择你是因为你很漂亮
But he chose you because you're beautiful.
-祝你好运 -谢谢
- Good luck. - Thank you.
来杯茶吗
Would you like some tea?
你为什么要这么做
Why are you doing this?
因为我想花点时间陪你们
Because I wanted to spend some time with you.
接下来的几天
And I probably won't see you very much
我可能不会有太多时间见到你们
for the next couple of days.
"民♥意♥调查竞争不分伯仲
"Neck and neck in the polls,
安吉拉从繁忙的竞选中脱身
Angela takes time out of her busy campaign
为家人下厨"
to cook for her family."
给你
There you go.
这可能是一顿糟糕的午餐
This may be a bad lunch.
但不是一顿冷嘲热讽的午餐
But it's not a cynical one.
把你盘子递过来
Pass your plate...
在学校发生什么事了
What's happening at school?
没什么事
Nothing.
好吧 至少我知道
Well, at least I know
你长大不会成为一名政♥治♥家
you won't grow up to be a politician.
没什么事 妈妈
It's nothing, Mum.
他们说你什么了
What are they saying about you?
不是关于我的
Not about me.
是关于你的
About you.
好吧 我坚持要你告诉我
Well, I insist you tell me.
他们说你是法♥西♥斯♥主义者
They call you a fascist.
你有听到过我对别人说任何残忍♥的话吗
Have you ever heard me say anything cruel about anyone?
有关他们的种族 或是宗教
About their race? Or their religion?
或是他们爱的人
Or who they love?
-没有 -我有伤害过别人吗
- No. - Have I ever hurt another person?
没有
No.
但是我是那个能让这一切平息的人
But I am someone who gets stuff done.
政♥治♥上不同的声音太多了
There's so much talking in politics.
你想要建一个跑道 要花20年
You want to build a runway, it takes 20 years.
每个艰难决策都要磋商十次
Every difficult decision takes ten consultations.
聪明人都害怕做选择
All these clever people afraid of making choices,
我是那种人吗
is that me?
不是 因为我搞定了所有事情
No, cos I get stuff done
不会再接受次等意见
and I won't accept second-rate.
对于我的企业 我的家人
Not for my business, not for my family,
我的国家都是如此
and not for the country.
现在 我有问题要问你
Now, here's my question for you...
我是让你自己处理这些校园欺凌呢
..Either I can let you handle these bullies on your own.
还是我亲自去学校
Or I can come into school
和老师们进行一次非常严厉的谈话
and have a very stern word with your teachers.
我向你保证 没人会再敢那样对你讲话
And I promise you, no-one will ever talk to you like that again.
我想让你亲自去
I want you to go in.
因为你想有个人来平息所有的事情吗
Cos you want someone who gets stuff done?
每个人都想
Everyone does.
有些事一直困扰着我
Something's been bothering me.
或许你可以帮帮我
Maybe you can help me with it?
我尽力
I'll try.
为什么反种族主义示♥威♥者用石头砸你的车
Why would anti-racist demonstrators stone your car?
我不是说他们不能如此暴♥力♥
I'm not saying they couldn't be violent.
他们当然可以
Of course they could.
劈了轮胎或是扔鸡蛋
Slash your tyres and throw eggs.
焚烧雕像
Burn effigies.
但是他们为什么利用这种
But why would they appropriate a punishment
与中东相关的惩戒手段
associated with the Middle East...
来表明他们的立场
..To make their point...?
-但其实这不能... -不怎么样
- When it doesn't... - Doesn't what?
表明他们的立场
..Make their point.
表明你的立场
Makes your point.
这个国家的文化和法律正在被侵略
That this country's culture and laws are being invaded.
你得去问问他们
You'd have to ask them.
我在问你
I'm asking you.
或许那是他们唯一的选择
Maybe it was their only option.
如果你获胜 你会有机会
If you win, you will have a choice -
你可以完成所有你承诺过的事情
you can do everything that you promised.
然后扰乱一堆人
And upset a whole bunch of people.
或者你可以妥协
Or you can compromise.
尽力迎合所有人
Try to bring in everyone.
你错了 别无选择
You're wrong. There is no choice.
如果我获胜 我会完成所有承诺过的事
If I win, I'll do everything I promised them.
每一件事情
Every single thing.
所以 你已经和他谈过了
So, you spoke to him, then?
是的
Yeah.
他说了什么
And what did he say?
妈妈 他说了什么
Mum, what did he say?!
他给了我一个工作职位
He offered me a job.
什么职位
What job?
我的职位吗
My job?
爸爸要给你我的职位吗
Dad offered you my job?
为了让我们保持沉默吗
In return for our silence?
我回绝了
I said no.
你回绝了吗
You said no?
说了三次
Three times.
那第四次呢
And on the fourth time?
卡登 无论多少遍我都不会答应的
Caden, I'll say no, five, six, seven, 100 times...
如果你希望我这么做的话
..If you want me to.
这并不困难
It's not difficult.
但这还是很困难的
Except it is difficult...
当你想答应的时候
When you want to say yes.
你为什么想这么做
Why do you want it?
我就是不明白这个
That's what I don't get.
妈 你为什么想这么做
Mum, why do you want it?
我的一生都碌碌无为
My whole life, I did nothing
在我应该有所成就的时候
when I should've done something.
你养大了我 两次
You brought me up, twice.
你做过两次母亲
You've been a mother twice.
终于 我可以偿还你了
Finally, I can give you something.
你可以接下这份工作 接下吧
You can take the job. Take it.
但你改变不了它 而它会改变你
But you can't change it. It changes you.
尼克来了
Nick's here.
卡登在哪
Where's Caden?
只有我一个人
It's just me.
我不明白
I don't understand.
凯瑟琳 我们需要卡登
Kathryn. We need Caden.
不行
It's not happening.
这算什么意思
What is this?
《国家报道》
妈妈还好吗
Mum's OK?
她已经回来了 重新开始竞选
She's already back out there. Campaigning again.
你需要一些时间吗
Do you need some time?
从你还在宾夕法尼亚的第一间新闻室时就需要了
From your first ever newsroom at the Pennsylvania Local.
这倒是真的
That's right.
每次选举前夜 你都会用传统的方式
On the eve of every election, you design the front page
亲自设计报纸头版
the old-fashioned way.
是啊 五年前 是卡登和我一起设计的
Yeah, well, five years ago, Caden did this with me.
今年 我想邀请你
This year...I'm asking you.
我一直在梦想着有一天你能邀请我
I dreamed one day that you would ask me.
我能够站在那
That I would stand there.
麦克斯 对不起 我做不到
I'm sorry, Max, I can't do it.
我想你是该休息一段时间了
I think maybe you do need to take some time off.
我以为自己是在为你工作 但不是这样
I thought I was working for you. But I wasn't.
那你在为谁工作
Who were you working for?
一个理念
An idea.
剧集 | 母亲父亲儿子 | 导航列表