剧集 | 母亲父亲儿子 | 导航列表
until I told them that I couldn't.
我的一部分会死去
A part of me would die.
我的信仰 对 我的正直 我的理想
My faith, yes, my integrity, my idealism.
我非常羞愧
I was so ashamed.
我现在依然感到羞愧
I am still ashamed.
没有人知道 因为我在竞选的那两周里
No-one ever found out because in those two weeks of campaigning,
回避了信仰的问题
I ducked the question of my faith.
但事实上 我的确考虑了
But the truth is, I did consider it.
现在 如果有人发现我为了事业
Now, if anyone ever found out that I was prepared to drop my faith
为了让我更有吸引力 更容易当选
to try to further my career,
曾准备放弃我的信仰
make myself more appealing, more electable...
我就不会成为首相
..I would not be the Prime Minister.
有谁知道
Who knows?
你母亲 那个房♥间里的人
Your mother. The people in that room.
我也想让你知道
I wanted you to know, too.
斯科特
Scott?
斯科特
Scott?
你还好吗
Are you OK?
你知道 我总是相信
You know, I was always sure
我妈妈再也不想知道我的任何消息
that my mum wouldn't want to know me any more.
我失去了她
That I'd lost her.
但是我内心中总会希望
But some part of me hoped that maybe
总有一天 我们能弥补
one day, we'd make up.
能够取得原谅
That was my dream,
那是我的梦想
that I'd be forgiven.
现在我知道那永远不会发生了
Now I know that'll never happen.
她说了什么
What did she say?
她已经把我下葬在了她被迫出♥售♥的花♥园♥里
She buried me in the garden of the house she was forced to sell.
我很遗憾
I'm so sorry.
你知道吗 我觉得 在那之后...
You know, I thought, afterwards...
也许我会想要喝一杯
..maybe I'd want a drink.
但我没有
But I don't.
那很好
That's good.
我不会再...编一个谎言
I won't survive a...another lie.
不会再成为一个酒鬼
I won't survive another drink.
我只剩下爱...和忠诚
All I have left is love...and loyalty.
我可以把它们给你
I can offer you that.
这不是因为我是个好人 我只是...
It's not because I'm a good person, I just...
我再也承受不起做个坏人的代价
I can't afford to be a bad one again.
凯瑟琳 有没有人...
Kathryn, has...
曾为你...付出过
..has anyone ever been devoted...to you?
你知道 就像...你为他们付出一样
You know, the way...the way you're devoted to them?
没有
No.
你想要什么
What do you want?
你... 你最想要什么 凯瑟琳
What do you...? What do you really want, Kathryn?
我想拥有爱
I want love.
我想拥有善良
I want kindness.
帕姆
Pam?
我找不到奥尔拉
I can't find Orla.
我还没见过她
I haven't seen her.
审判开始了吗
Has the tribunal started?
什么审判
What tribunal?
调查 听证会
The investigation, the hearing.
那是个意外 死了一个人
There was an incident, a-a man died.
她一直说有新证据
She kept talking about new evidence.
你应该和她谈谈
You should talk to her.
谈什么
What's going on?
-你应该和她谈谈 -告诉我
- You should talk to her. - Tell me!
自从奥尔拉来到这里
I've heard Orla talking about investigations and tribunals
我就听她谈起过调查和审判
ever since she arrived here.
但我从没听说真的有什么审判
I've never heard of there actually being one.
我不明白
I don't understand.
她状况不好
She's not well.
那不是真的
It's not real.
不 你错了
No, you're wrong.
她之前进了我的病房♥ 她很害怕
She was in my room, she was scared.
那是真的 我见过
It was real, I saw it.
生存很难
Surviving is hard.
1980年 一个家庭花四年时间
In 1980, it took a family four years
才能存一笔房♥屋押金
to save for a deposit.
现在需要19年
It now takes 19 years.
加上租♥房♥♥ 花费的时间更长
While renting, they spend more,
依靠越来越少的生活资源
live with less,
忍♥受越来越糟的生活环境
put up with worse.
这些你们都知道 你们曾报道过它
You know all this, you've written about it.
但没有解决任何问题
And nothing gets done.
政客们没有履行他们最基本的职责
Politicians have failed in their most basic duties.
下面由我介绍我的第一位发言人
I'd like to introduce my first speaker.
一位致力于解决
A woman who has dedicated her life
社会住房♥问题的女性
to addressing the issue of social housing.
今天天空很漂亮
The sky is beautiful today.
我可以说 没有人会被遗忘
And may I say, no-one will be left behind.
我可以
It's ok.
我已经花了好几天时间
I've spent several days...
观察安吉拉·霍华德的竞选活动
..observing Angela Howard's campaign.
我可以这样说...
I can say this...
我很害怕
..I'm scared.
她就像所有者一样
She plans on running this country
计划运营这个国家
like she's the owner of it.
就像...
Like it's one of her...
就像这是她的企业之一
Like it's one of her businesses!
如果你和她站在一条战线
If you agree with her,
那她就是你最好的朋友
then she's your best friend!
-如果你反驳她... -走吧
- If you disagree... - Come on!
放开我
Get your hands off me!
好吧 我似乎...
Well...it would seem...
没有赢得她的选票
..I haven't yet won her vote.
但我不想扼杀分歧
But I don't want to stifle disagreement.
卡利是对的
Kali's right -
我将把这个国家当作企业一样经营
I am going to run this country as a business.
我将会让这个企业运行好转
And I'm going to turn this business around.
-你确定吗 -是的 确定
- Are you sure about this? - Yes, I'm sure.
如果你一时改变主意 我们就停
If you change your mind at any point, we stop it.
玛姬
Maggie.
很高兴再次见到你
Good to see you again.
我是尼克·卡普兰
I'm Nick Caplan.
我知道你的工作
I know your work.
他发起了这次调查
He started the investigation.
我记得
I remember.
谋杀案 私人调查员
The murder, the private investigator.
一起抢劫杀人
A robbery gone wrong.
我知道谁杀了他
I know who killed him.
他当时...勒索你的报导
He was, er...blackmailing your papers.
也许会有人说我们的环境没有得到改善
Some might say our circumstances have not improved.
为自己发言
Speak for yourself.
是的
Yes.
你变了
You've changed.
我想说...对不起
I want to say...I'm sorry.
我错了 你是对的
I was wrong and you were right.
我不能为其他人发声
I can't speak for the others.
也许读完这个报道之后 他们也会发声
Maybe when they read this, they will, too,
但我原谅你了
but I forgive you.
这对我意义重大
That means a lot.
我想回答的再也不是关于你的问题
The question I wanted answering was never about you.
是关于你女儿的
It was about your daughter.
她的真实想法是什么
What does she really think?
马克斯相信她 但我不相信
Max trusts her, but I wasn't sure.
现在我明白了
Now I know.
我女儿不知道我要做什么
My daughter had no idea what I was going to do.
没人在乎你的抗♥议♥ 没人会进行掩饰
Oh, no-one cares about your protest. No-one's going to cover it.
你什么都没有做到
剧集 | 母亲父亲儿子 | 导航列表