剧集 | 母亲父亲儿子 | 导航列表
一切都崩溃了 人们...人们失去了一切
Things fall apart, people... People lose everything.
你打算怎么做 把他们赶走吗
What are you going to do, evict them?
从未发生过这样的事
It's never happened.
不 但你能做到吗
No, but could you do it?
你能告诉一家人离开 让他们无家可归吗
Could you tell a family to leave, make them homeless?
我帮助的人知道如果他们让我失望的话
The people I help know exactly what I'd do
我会做什么
if they ever let me down.
看看我们的生产率
Look at our productivity rates
这个国家是欧洲最糟糕的国家之一
this country has some of the worst in Europe.
但我的公♥司♥却是最好的
My companies have some of the best.
你听起来更像是个恩人而不是老板
You know, you sound a lot more like a benefactor than a boss.
单单对人们说"这是你的钱
It's not enough to say to people, "Here's your money.
对不起没有地方住 对不起有房♥地♥产♥危机
"Sorry there's nowhere to live, sorry there's a housing crisis"
但那不是我的问题"是不够的
"but that's not my problem."
他们的问题是我的问题...
Their problems ARE my problems...
我不会坐在场边
.and I won't sit on the sidelines
希望有人能想出解决办法
and hope someone else comes up with a solution.
也许这就是我一开始要进入政界的原因
Maybe that's why I got into politics in the first place.
也许吧
Maybe.
人们经常问我我的投资理念是什么
People often ask me what my investment philosophy is.
我没有
I don't have one.
我有直觉
I have instincts.
我需要走近一个问题 我需要把它捡起来
I need to walk around a problem, I need to pick it up,
感受它
feel it.
我站得远远的话可什么都做不了 我不搞理论
I can't do things from far away, I don't do theory.
什么叫你不搞理论
What does that mean, you don't do theory?!
我无法通过看书本教条来解决问题
I can't solve problems by reading a book.
我不知道如何解决中东和平进程
I don't have any idea how to fix the Middle East peace process
我不住在那里
I don't live there.
我怎么知道 我了解英国 我了解我的家...
How would I know? I know Britain, I know my home...
我了解我的人
I know my people.
国家是相互联♥系♥的 人也是一样
Well, countries are connected, people are, too.
也许他们不想这样
Maybe they don't want to be.
房♥子很漂亮
The houses are lovely.
你们有人住在那里吗
Do any of you live there?
-没有 -没有
- No. - No.
你不喜欢吗
You don't like them?
我们是承包商
We're contractors.
你必须受雇于工厂才能得到一所房♥子
You have to be employed by the factory to get a house.
你必须是同事
You have to be a colleague.
还有谁是承包商
And who else is a contractor?
清洁工 保安
Uh, cleaners, security.
有什么问题吗
Is everything OK?
没有 一切都很好
Yeah, everything's fine.
我希望我的新闻...是正确的
I like my news...to be right.
准确的
As in, correct.
对谁来说是正确的
Right for who?
买♥♥它的人
The people who buy it.
那些通过阅读 消化
The people who make it possible, by watching it,
而将其变为可能的人
consuming it.
我为他们工作 我不是让他们为我工作
I work for them, I don't make them work for me.
一个一直站在你这边 永远是你朋友的...
A news channel that's always on your side...
新闻频道
always your friend.
一个永远不会说你蠢 批评你信仰的
News that's never going to call you stupid
或者让你觉得...
or criticise your faith, or...
自己很渺小的新闻频道
..make you feel small.
但是...
Except...
我们的规定不允许这样做
our regulations won't allow it.
尤其是在电视上
Not on TV.
我曾经解雇过
I parted ways...
我的一个编辑 他人很棒 但不得不让他走
..with an editor of mine once - terrific guy, had to let him go.
在他的监管下
Under his stewardship,
报纸有时会批判政♥府♥
sometimes the paper criticised the government,
有时候又会赞美政♥府♥ 于是我说
sometimes it praised the government, and I said,
"等一下 这太混乱了
"Wait, wait a minute, this is confusing.
"你到底站在哪一边"
"Which side are you on?"
他说 "真♥相♥那一边"
He says to me, "The side of truth."
"真♥相♥本来就是摇摆不定 无法预测的"
"And truth is uneven, unpredictable."
我就说 不 等一下
And I went, wait, no, no, no, wait a minute!
不 这不是真♥相♥
No, that is not THE truth.
这是真♥相♥的品牌
It's a brand of truth,
是精英们愿意购买♥♥的品牌
it's a brand elite intellectuals like to buy.
如果我们要卖♥♥给那些人
Now, if we were selling to those folks,
那没有问题 但我们并不是
we'd be perfectly fine, but we weren't.
我们是要卖♥♥给那些想要确定性 想要
We were selling to people who wanted certainty, who wanted...
一致性 想要知道敌人到底是谁的人
..wanted continuity, they wanted to know who their enemies were.
他们想要拿起报纸...
They want to pick up the paper...
就感到安心
and feel comfortable.
就好像是...
You know, like they were...
见到了一位特别好的老朋友
..with an extraordinary old friend.
然后他怎么说
What did he say?
他说听上去像是营销手段
He said it sounded like propaganda.
你觉得这听上去怎么样
What do you think it sounds like?
我觉得听上去不错
Sounds fine to me.
国家报道
贾翰脱离群众
此次大选是历代以来最重要的一次大选
This general election is the most important in a generation.
选择很明确
The choice is clear.
是希望 还是恐惧
Hope or fear?
反对党一直在散播恐惧的信息
The opposition party have been spreading a message of fear.
他们想要分♥裂♥ 而不是包容
They seek to divide rather than include.
选择希望
Choose hope.
信赖为了人人的英国
首相失去支持
报纸呼吁改变 贾翰·扎卡里参加竞选
他想激怒你
你很生气
不要即兴发挥
你们相信我
You trusted me...
把这个国家变得更好
..to make this a better country.
这个国家的确变得更好 更公平
And it is better, and fairer,
但这还不够
but it's not enough.
远远不够
It's nowhere near enough.
你们想要更多
You want more.
我想要为你们做到更多
I want more for you.
为你们所有人
For all of you.
为了投票给我 和不投票给我的人
The people who vote for me and the people who don't.
我们一起做到了很多
We have achieved so much together.
我还有很多想要完成的事
And I still have so much more work to do.
我不会为了有利的报道而让步
I will not trade favours for favourable coverage.
我不会不惜一切代价只为胜选
I will not win at any cost.
这个国家不是用来售卖♥♥的
This country is not for sale.
我们的民♥主♥不是用来售卖♥♥的
Our democracy is not for sale.
我会胜选 麦克斯
I'm going to win, Max.
到时候 我会把你的帝国撕成碎片
And when I do, I'm going to break your empire into little pieces.
-这不是因为我生气 -是吗 你听上去很生气
- Not because I'm angry... - No? You sound angry.
而是因为她很危险 你很清楚吧
..but because she's dangerous. And you know that, don't you?
你有没有考虑过你可能已经脱离群众了
Have you ever considered the fact that you might be out of touch?
我的头条如此有影响力 是因为那是真的
That my headlines only have power when they're true?
你已经不理解人♥民♥现在的孤男了
That you don't understand the pain of the people any more?
当你再因为自己的自尊受损而不停地
And while you continue to rip up your country's favourite newspaper
向全国最好的报纸开炮时 他们也在受苦
because your pride is hurt, their hurt is real.
我不知道她说要给你什么
I don't know what she's promised you.
-但当时落败后 -我不会输 不是我参选
- But when you lose... - I can't lose. I'm not running.
你会落败
..and you will lose,
你的影响力也会随之逝去
the myth of your influence will die.
你的长处一直是会选择有胜势的一方 麦克斯
Your greatest trick was always picking the winning side, Max,
让他们相信是你帮助他们获胜的
and making them believe that you won it for them.
没错 没错
You're right, you're right.
这是由我的读者决定的 我只选择胜利者
My readers decide. I only pick the winner.
这一次 不是你
And this time, it's not you.
你好
Hello.
我们以前参加过同一个派对
We were at some of the same parties once upon a time.
我记得
I remember.
剧集 | 母亲父亲儿子 | 导航列表