剧集 | 高度潜力(2024) | 导航列表
但当我告诉她伊莱恩对我儿子所做的事情时
And then she got just as upset as me
她也变得和我一样难过
when I told her what Elaine had done to my son.
我不记得她的名字了 她当时穿的是一件
I don't remember her name, but she was wearing a...
闪亮的花朵连衣裙
A sparkly floral dress.
没错
Yeah.
所以 萨姆想捅死她的老板
So Sam already wanted to stab her boss.
然后一位哭泣的母亲向她讲述了化学物质和康奈瑞的事
Then a crying mother tells her about the PFAs and the KanAIRy.
我觉得我们还需要再进行一轮审讯
I think we need another round of interrogation.
好 等一下 好吗
Okay, just hang on one second, okay?
从卡门的话中可以听出
From what Carmen said,
貌似埃里克和伊莱恩在
it sounds like there was a disagreement
封口费问题上存在了分歧
between Eric and Elaine when it came to these payouts.
他是这个项目背后的出钱人
He was the money behind the operation.
如果她强迫他参与欺诈活动
If she strong-armed him to participate in fraud,
也许他改变了主意
maybe he changed his mind.
是啊 或者他不想进监狱
Yeah, or he didn't want to go to jail.
我的意思是 这听起来像是一个动机
I mean, that sounds like a motive.
也许吧 但是 摩根 - 听着 我明白
Maybe, but, Morgan... - Listen, I get it.
萨姆仍是嫌疑人 我知道
Sam is still a suspect. I know.
无论如何 继续问她那些
And by all means, continue to ask her questions
她无法回答的问题
that she won't be able to answer
因为她还什么都不记得
'cause she still doesn't remember anything.
但我觉得我们二人可以想出
But I feel like you and I could probably think
更好的方式来利用我们的时间
of better ways to spend our time.
刚才有点失礼 抱歉了
That was rude. And I'm sorry.
去跟埃里克谈谈
Go talk to Eric.
查查他对那些赔付知道多少
Find out what he knew about those payouts
以及他和伊莱恩之间是否有矛盾
and whether or not he and Elaine were at odds.
要迈出下一步真的很困难
It's been hard to put one foot in front of the other,
但事实是 - 对不起
but the truth is... - Sorry.
我们刚刚好像听到你说了有关 事实 的事情
Did we just hear you say something about the "truth"?
不好意思 你们不能就这样随便进来
Excuse me. You can't just waltz in here.
嘿 我们已经闪亮登场了 嘿 埃里克
Oh, we already waltzed. Hey, Eric,
我们知道你和伊莱恩在花钱让人闭嘴
we know that you and Elaine were buying people's silence.
除了霍恩斯托克 其他人都出去
Everyone out except Hornstock.
这是我的律师 小心行事吧二位
My lawyer. Tread lightly.
这是威胁吗 - 这是警告
Is that a threat? - It's a warning.
他不是好惹的
He's not to be trifled with.
那咋了 我们也不是好惹的
Will you look at that? Neither are we.
继续说
Go ahead.
我们向卡门·吉梅内斯询问了她儿子尼克的情况
We spoke to Carmen Jimenez about her son, Nico,
我猜他们
and, uh, I'm guessing they were
只是众多收到赔款的家庭之一
just one of many families receiving payouts.
根据加州民法典第1550条的规定
Those were perfectly legal contracts
这些合同是完全合法的
under California Civil Code 1550,
而显然你不是律师 所以你并不知道这一点
which you wouldn't know because you're obviously not lawyers.
他说的对 我不是律师
He's right... I'm not a lawyer.
不过 我一家法律图书馆接了
But I did pick up a couple of cleaning shifts
几班清洁的工作 - 你想说什么
at a legal library. - Is there a point to all this?
我的观点是
The point is,
《证券法》第12条
Section 12 of the Securities Act
对在投资者招股说明书中
does not look kindly on companies
存在重大虚假陈述的
that have materially false statements
公♥司♥持否定态度
in their investor prospectuses.
通俗点说
Now, in layman's terms,
这意味着你筹集了一大笔资金
that means you raised a bunch of money,
但没有告诉投资者
but you didn't tell the investors
你的产品正在伤害人 因此你可能会坐牢
that your product was hurting people, so you could go to jail.
现在 对我来说
Now, to me,
这似乎是一个夫妻之间发生
that seems like a reason that a husband and a wife
争执的理由
would get into an altercation.
哦 你要闪了
Oh, you're gonna go?
你可以坐了
You can...
卡门为尼克报名参加了第一次测试
Carmen signed Nico up for the very first round of testing.
我们的样品效果惊人
Our prototype worked like magic.
但随后健康问题就出现了
And then the health issues cropped up.
伊莱恩答应会想办法解决这个问题 我也为
Elaine promised to find a fix, and I provided...
吉梅内斯一家和其他人提供了经济补偿
financial redress, for the Jimenez family and others.
经济补偿
"Financial redress."
这是一种委婉的说法 指的是封口费
That's a fancy way to say hush money.
美国食品药品监督管理局从未介入此事吗
And the FDA never got involved at all?
康奈瑞并不是医疗产品
The KanAIRy isn't a medical device.
这是顺势疗法 因此我们不需要获得美国食品药品监督管理局的批准
It's homeopathic, so we don't need FDA approval.
是啊 怎么可能会指导孩子们把产品放进
Right, because why would there be guidelines on a product
嘴里的使用指南呢
that children put in their mouths?
我们的最新样品已经接近完美了 但是
Our latest model was so close, but...
但你不能让负面报道毁了你的发布会
But you couldn't have bad press kill your launch.
我根本没觉得我们已经做好开♥发♥布会的准备
I didn't think we were ready for the launch at all.
这些受到伤害的家庭
These families that were harmed...
你向他们许下了承诺
You made them a promise.
伊莱恩就像一列脱轨的火车
Elaine was like a runaway train.
她觉得这个分销协议太好了 不能错过
She felt the distribution deal was too good to pass up.
所以我为了阻止她不择手段
So I went to extremes to stop her.
怎么个不择手段法
What kind of extremes?
不是你所想的那种
Not the kind that you're thinking of.
我每周都坐私人飞机飞往帕洛阿尔托
I was parallel tracking with some developers,
与一些开♥发♥人员并行工作
taking my jet up to Palo Alto every week,
试图找出解决方案
trying to come up with a solution.
我们还是无法确认伊恩莱死的那天
We still can't confirm that you were home at 10 p.m.
晚上10点你在家
the night that Elaine died.
我没有杀伊莱恩
I didn't kill Elaine.
我爱她
I loved her.
我只是不喜欢她现在的样子
I just didn't love what she'd become.
以下是康奈瑞背后的故事
So, here's the story behind the KanAIRy.
我自己没有孩子
I don't have kids of my own,
但我有一个侄女
but I do have a niece,
这反而更好 因为我可以好好宠她
which is even better because I can spoil her rotten.
几年前的一天 她来我家时
One day a couple years ago, she's at my house
突然开始恐慌发作
and she starts having a panic attack
无法呼吸
and can't breathe.
我是个发明家 我即兴发挥
So, I'm an inventor... I improvise.
我拿起一支卡祖笛 能相信吗
I grab a kazoo, if you can believe it,
还有一些精油 滴了几滴
some essential oils, and I put a few drops...
你个骗子
You're lying.
抱歉打断一下
Sorry to interrupt.
好像有人把你周围弄乱了
Looks like someone made a mess around you.
对 不知道谁干的
Yeah. Someone did.
介意我清理一下吗 - 现在吗
Mind if I take care of it? - Right now?
是啊 我得收拾一下然后离开这里了
Yeah. I need to wrap up and get out of here.
我晚上要去护士学校 我不想迟到
I go to nursing school at night, and I don't want to be late.
等等
Hang on.
你宁愿当护士而不是清洁工吗
You'd rather be a nurse than a janitor?
哦 不是 只是个备选方案
Oh, no, this is just a backup plan
以防清洁工的工作不顺利
in case the janitor thing doesn't work out.
我明白了 这才有道理
Mm. I see. That makes sense.
好吧 这次我会自己清理干净
Okay, well, I will clean up after myself this one time.
非常感谢 明天见
Appreciate that. See you tomorrow.
明天见
See you tomorrow.
我自己没有孩子
I don't have kids of my own,
但我有一个侄女
but I do have a niece,
这反而更好 因为我可以好好宠她
which is even better because I can spoil her rotten.
如果你有一个你深爱的侄女
If you had a niece you adored
她让你变得富有和出名
and she made you rich and famous,
你难道不会在某个地方留一张她的照片吗
wouldn't you have a picture of her somewhere?
我有一个我非常喜欢的侄子
Uh, well, I have a nephew I adore,
我有很多他的照片
and I have tons of photos of him.
他并没有让我变得富有和出名
He hasn't made me rich and famous or anything,
不过还有时间对吧 - 对
but there's still time. - Yeah, right?
我是说 我有一堆呢
I mean, I have a million of these.
孩子吗 - 照片
Kids? - Pictures.
剧集 | 高度潜力(2024) | 导航列表