剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表
万一当时出了任何差错
Couple things go different,
要是离石头再近一点...
we drift a little bit further into those rocks...
我们早就死翘翘了
we're a smoking hole
我就成太空总署史上的大罪人了
and I got my name on the biggest disaster in NASA history.
那你为何坚持着陆呢
Then why'd you go for it?
怎么说呢 我们都会试飞
I don't know. You're in flight test...
总会有那么几次
and, every once in a while,
你的大脑中有个声音 让你"弹出" 结束任务
you get to that point where part of your brain is saying, "Eject."
但脑中还有另外一个声音 让你"继续下去"
But another part of your brain is saying, "Go for it."
而你则需要做出抉择
And you just have to make the call...
但愿没选错
and hope you're not wrong.
来了啊
There he is.
爱德 这位是查尔斯·桑德曼议员
Ed, I want you to meet Congressman Charles Sandman.
他是调查登月被抢先的听证委员会成员 他很喜欢你
He's on the committee looking at this whole mess, and he's a big fan of yours.
我很快就要回华盛顿了
You know, before I headed back to Washington,
但我告诉汤姆 我一定得见见差点登月成功的英雄
I told Tom here I had to meet the man who almost won the moon for us.
我当时在电视上观看了阿波罗10号♥的飞行过程 指挥官
I watched Apollo 10 on TV, Commander.
你们当时差点就成功了 现在肯定很后悔吧
I mean, you boys, you came so damn close. Must have just about killed you.
悔得肠子都青了
Not exactly a secret these days, huh?
我希望你能去参加听证会
You know, I would love for you to come talk to the committee,
谈谈你的想法
hear what you have to say about all this.
恕我直言 先生 我已经说过太多混账话了
With all due respect, sir, I think my mouth has done enough damage.
听听
You see?
说实话居然会受罚...
The fact that you were punished for speaking the truth...
要是他们之前听你的 就不会被人抢先登月了
I mean, if they'd listened to you before, we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with.
现在已经开战了
We're at war here.
你肯定懂 毕竟你是海军
Well, you, you know what I'm saying, you're navy.
所有宇航员都是军人出身吧
All you astronauts, you're all military, aren't you?
算是吧 先生 但是...
Well, technically, yes, sir. But--
他们是借调来了宇航局
They're on loan to NASA.
军人身份还在 但不能在公共场合穿戴军服了
Still military, but they can't even wear their uniforms in public.
真是太不像话了
See? What a disgrace.
就是因为这些条条框框 我们抢先登月才会失败
That is exactly the kinda ticky-tack crap that's undermining our fight for the moon.
我知道你不乐意 爱德
I know you're not happy, Ed.
我跟总统谈过了 他也很不满
And I've spoken with the president. He's not happy either.
他想将太空总署大换血 但需要你的帮助
He wants to make some big changes at the agency, and he needs your help.
去华盛顿吧 把你对记者说的句原封不动讲给议员们听
Come on up to DC and tell my colleagues exactly what you told that reporter.
冯布朗太小心翼翼了 他害我们错失了登月先机
That von Braun is too cautious. That he cost us the moon.
不好吧
I don't know.
我和冯布朗确实有时意见相左 但我很敬佩他
Look, I don't always see eye to eye with von Braun. But I respect him.
-他建造了土星五号♥ -没错
- You know, he built the Saturn V. - Yeah, yeah, yeah.
沃纳确实功勋卓著 这点我不否认
No, Wernher is a great man. Don't get me wrong.
但他跟不上时代潮流 总醒悟得太晚
But men like him, they don't see the tide till they're drowning in it.
总统很清楚我们现在面临的威胁
The president is clear-eyed about the threat we're facing here.
他认为该对宇航员放权
He thinks astronauts should be running things.
你们知道如何打败对手 赢得比赛
Men who actually know what it feels like to be in a dogfight.
宇航员最清楚状况了
You astronauts, you're holding all the cards.
你们已经是太空计划的门面了
I mean, hell, you're already the face of the program.
何不将控制权也握在手中呢
Why not be the voice too?
总统对此事十分关注 爱德
The president's real keen on this, Ed.
他会记得帮助过他的朋友
And he remembers his friends.
你也许能借此重回飞行岗
Could be your ticket back up there.
你看如何
So, what do you say?
如果你按他们说的做 也许一切就能恢复原样了
Maybe if you do what they want, things will go back to the way they were before.
是啊
Yeah.
我就能回去飞阿波罗15号♥了
I'd be back on 15...
向月球进发了
headed for the Apennine Highlands.
对啊 不用再做无聊的文职
Yeah. No desk duty.
也不必去越南枪林弹雨了
No Vietnam.
你曾说过 需要有人推宇航局一把
You know, you said yourself that NASA could use a good kick in the rear.
没错
That's true.
但是冯布朗...
But von Braun, he--
他就会被...
he would be...
对啊
Yeah.
鲍德温指挥官 要是我没理解错
Now, Commander Baldwin, if I'm not mistaken...
阿波罗10号♥和11号♥的月球探测器
both Apollo 10 and Apollo 11 lunar modules,
所载燃料数量相仿吧
they had almost the same amount of fuel, correct?
没错 先生
Yes, sir.
下降阶段有将近1万8千磅燃料
A little shy of 18,000 pounds in the descent stage,
升空有五千磅
and 5,000 in the ascent.
那两者有何不同吗
Okay. Were there any other differences in the spacecraft?
有能够导致10号♥无法着陆的不同吗
Anything that would prevent you from landing.
"史努比"...
Well, Snoopy was--
等下 不好意思 "史努比"是什么
Wait. I'm sorry. Snoopy?
我们给月球探测器取名为"史努比"
Yes, sir. We named our LEM Snoopy.
控制器名叫"查理·布朗"
And the command module was Charlie Brown.
好吧
Okay.
我们的月球探测器比老鹰号♥沉
Our LEM was heavier than Eagle,
所以当时无法确定推力是否充足 能否重返月球轨道
so the concern was whether we'd have enough thrust to re-enter lunar orbit.
你也担心这个问题吗
You share in that concern?
当时的情况确实不符合宇航局的安全标准
Well, it wasn't within NASA's safety margins.
你曾是海军试飞员吧 指挥官 在帕克斯河服役
You were a naval test pilot, were you not, Commander? At Pax River.
没错 先生
I was, sir.
试飞员何时需要考虑安全性问题了
And when was playing it safe part of being a test pilot?
不需要 先生
Never, sir.
你之前极力主张驾驶阿波罗10号♥登月吧
You pushed and you pushed for Apollo 10 to land on the moon, didn't you?
是的 先生 研讨时 我极力主张着陆
Well, during planning, yes, sir. I pushed for us to land.
但被沃纳·冯布朗否决了
And you were overruled by Wernher von Braun.
最终是他决定让阿波罗10号♥为11号♥探路
Well, it was ultimately his decision to view Apollo 10 as a trial run for 11.
但若不是他
But were it not for him,
你本能成为登月第一人
you would've been the first man to set foot on the moon, right?
没这么简单 先生
It's not that simple, sir.
没... 你说什么
It's not-- I'm sorry?
确实是冯布朗在地面指挥 但是...
Well, it's true von Braun made the call on the ground, but...
我们当时绕月飞行时...
when we were up in lunar orbit...
我心知能安全降落在月表
I knew I could bring the LEM safely down to the surface.
我们离得很近了
I mean, we were so close.
史努比号♥ 这里是休斯顿 你们有一分钟的空闲
Snoopy, Houston. We put you one minute ahead of the timeline.
趁机欣赏一下风景吧 两位
Take a minute and enjoy the view, gentlemen.
收到 休斯顿 前排看景 视野上佳啊
Roger that, Houston. We got the best seat in the house.
我那时只需放下引擎架 开始下降...
All I had to do was hit Engine Arm, Descent...
用尽燃料 就可完成着陆
let the burn run all the way to completion.
可着陆不在任务计划范围内 指挥官
Except that wasn't your mission, Commander.
冯布朗明确表示不可以...
I mean, von Braun, you know, he made it very clear that that was not--
飞船发射后 我就是指挥官
After launch, it's my ship to command.
环形山上好多石头 你瞧
There's boulders in every one of those little-- little craters. You see that?
月脊上也是
On the ridge.
石头是黑色 但喷出物却是白色
Boulders are black, but whatever's ejected out of them is white.
白色 但周身环绕着黑色
White, but... still some black around them.
似乎有风在吹动
It almost looks windblown down there, right?
真神奇
What a place.
史努比号♥ 这里是休斯顿
Snoopy, Houston.
抱歉打断你们观景 但本次旅途结束了
Hate to rain on your parade, but that's as close as you get this trip.
该返回了
Time to head for the barn.
收到
Roger that.
返回
Heading for the barn.
我好想伸手抓一把月尘啊
I wanna just reach down there and scoop up a handful of moon dust.
抬起引擎架 升空
Engine Arm, Ascent.
终止下降
Abort Descent Stage.
三 二 一
Three, two, one...
怎么了
Skipper?
如果我当时要求着陆
And if I would've said we can land,
吉恩肯定会支持我
I knew Gene would've backed me.
就像他支持尼尔驾驶阿波罗11号♥着陆一样
Just like he backed Neil on 11.
虽然想法一闪而过
It was maybe a few seconds...
但我心知能够安全降落月球
but I knew I could've flown her right down to the deck.
终止降落
Abort Descent Stage.
三 二 一
Three, two, one...
我差点就成功了
And I almost did.
但我退缩了
But I pulled back.
剧集 | 为了全人类 | 导航列表