剧集 | 芝加哥律政(2017) | 导航列表
All right, folks, it's just a misunderstanding.
-我很快就会回来 -明白你的权利了吗
- I'll be back shortly. - Do you understand these rights I just read to you?
你笑的样子像是中了两枪的狐狸
You're grinning like a twice-shot fox.
那是什么意思
What's that supposed to mean?
我只知道我爸说了这句话后
All I know is my old man said it just before
就冲我的笑脸上来了一耳光
he smacked the smile off my face.
-彼得 -怎么了
- Peter. - What is it?
贝克特的律师提交了将那刀移除出证物的动议
Beckett's attorney filed a motion to exclude the knife.
看啊 耳光来了
And thus, the smack.
我在拉德克利夫与梅因路口的
I found the knife in a dumpster
一个垃圾箱里找到的这把刀
on Radcliffe and Main,
距离旅馆约800米
about a quarter mile from the motel.
找到它时我已身陷
I-- I ended up in waist-high trash
齐腰高的垃圾中
before I found it.
这是公诉方第5号♥证物
I'll show you what has been marked as people's 5.
-认得吗 -当然
- Do you recognize it? - Sure.
是那把刀的登记单
That's the inventory sheet for the knife.
上面写你什么时间发现的刀
What time does it say you found the knife?
早上8点05
8:05 A.M.
上面写你什么时候上交的刀
What time does it say you logged it in?
-9点21 -再看这个
- 9:21. - I'll offer this:
这是莱蒙特的官方记录
it's an official record from the city of Lemont.
准确说来是环卫局的记录
Department of Sanitation, to be precise.
这是琼西警官自称找到刀那天的记录
It's for the day Officer Jonesy found the knife in question.
要反对吗 斯通先生
Any objections, Mr. Stone?
鉴于本次听证会的目的 没有
Uh, none for the purpose of this hearing.
环卫局会追踪他们的垃圾车
The department tracks its trucks.
他们清楚每时每刻
It knows exactly where every truck is
每辆卡车所在位置
at every minute of the day.
请看四号♥车那一栏
Please look at the column for truck number four.
它几点到的拉德克利夫与梅因大街交界处
When was it on the corner of Radcliffe and Main?
早上7点17
7:17 A.M.
7点17分 那是你爬进垃圾桶
Picked up at 7:17. That's almost 45 minutes
在齐腰高的垃圾堆中仔细搜寻
before you combed through that waist-high trash
并最终找到那把刀的45分钟之前
where you found the knife in that very dumpster.
那么 是谁在说谎呢 琼西警官
Now, who's lying, Officer Jonesy?
你 还是环卫局的电脑
You or the computer at the Department of Sanitation?
我查了六个垃圾桶
I looked through six dumpsters.
回答问题 警官
Answer the question, Officer.
我
Me.
你究竟是几点找到的刀
Now what time did you really find the knife?
约凌晨2点
About two in the morning.
凌晨2点 9点21分才上交
2:00 A.M. Until 9:21 A.M.
过了将近七个半小时
That's almost 7 1/2 hours.
很长一段时间 足以破坏该证物
Plenty of time to corrupt the evidence.
-反对 -反对有效
- Objection. - Sustained.
你有意签了一份虚假的
Are you aware that by knowingly signing
登记单 可知道这不仅是
a false inventory sheet, you are both
篡改证物 还是妨碍司法公正
tampering with evidence and obstructing justice?
你有律师吗 琼西警官
Do you have a lawyer, Officer Jonesy?
-反对 -撤回
- Objection. - Withdrawn.
没有问题了
I have nothing more.
在这段时间里
During the time in question,
刀在哪儿
where was the knife?
我车里 后备箱里
In my car. In the trunk of my car.
-是否在证物袋里 -是的
- Was it in an evidence bag? - Yes.
那辆车在你的车♥库♥里吗
Was the car in your garage?
它停在我前妻门前的街上
It was parked on the street in front of my ex-wife's place.
我睡在沙发上 那天本来
I slept there on the couch. It was supposed to be
该我陪孩子的 因为这个案子我没办法
my night with my kid, but I--because I was working,
我就是想在他上学前见他一面
and I just wanted to see him before he went to school.
但我真的是在那个垃圾桶发现的凶器
But I did find the knife in that dumpster.
我没有问题了
No further questions.
鉴于证人承认做伪证
In light of the witness's admitted perjury
而且无法证明有效证据链
and failure to prove a valid chain of evidence,
我提请将刀从证物中移除
I move the knife to be excluded from evidence.
批准辩方动议
Defense motion is granted.
这把刀不得在庭审时作为证物
The knife is inadmissible at trial.
下个案子 谢谢
The next case, please.
你的伙计跟我说你在这儿
Your shop told me you were here.
随便吧 我的客人还早
What the hell? My guest won't be here for a few.
要喝点什么
What can I get you?
不必了
No, I'm good.
所以呢 我们要像老朋友一样谈谈天吗
So, what? Are we supposed to talk like we're old pals?
有何不可呢 大家都是成年人了
Why not? We're both grown ups.
希望没有伤到你的感情
Hope there are no hard feelings.
跟你说 斯通 也许你现在不这么想
You know what, Stone? You may not see it this way now,
因为你现在情绪很激动
because you're fresh off the fire,
但这是小人物的胜利
but this is a win for the little guy.
看看他们怎么叫这个案子的
I mean, just look at what they call the case:
约翰·P·贝克特公诉案
The People of the State of Illinois Versus Beckett, John P.
结局已定 不是吗
I mean, the deck is kinda stacked, isn't it?
一千三百万人对一个人
That's almost 13 million people against one butcher.
一个杀了两个人的人
Who killed two of them.
不是说旧事不提吗
Whatever happened to bygones?
在我这儿没有这一说 这是我的毛病
They don't exist for me. It's my special problem.
这病得治
Well, I recommend Tums for the agita.
说是病 还不如说是肉中刺
It's more like a thorn in my paw.
走得越远 扎得越深 也就越痛
The further I walk, the deeper it goes, the more it hurts.
想知道我怎么想的吗
You wanna know what I think?
我想这就是你的问题
I think this is it for you.
每天想尽办法抓坏人
Trying to put the bad guys away day after day.
可是某天早晨 当你醒来
The thing is, one morning, you're gonna wake up,
刮胡子 刷牙 之后看向镜子
shave, brush your teeth, look at yourself in the mirror
会发现真正在笼子里的是你自己
and realize you're the one in the cage.
但现在我在这里
But here I am.
谢谢
Thanks.
两件谋杀我一件也无法证明
Two murders and I can't prove either one.
有没有可能不是他干的
Is there any chance he didn't do it?
没有
No.
你知道什么没有意义
What you know won't pay for this cup of coffee.
重要的是庭上你能证明什么
It's what you can prove in court that counts.
没有凶器 我只能证明
And without the knife, all I can prove
他们一起喝了酒
is they had drinks together.
为什么
Why?
-什么 -贝克特为什么杀科迪
- What? - Why did Beckett kill Cody?
严格的说 动机不是谋杀的要素之一
You know, technically, motive isn't an element of murder.
但一个好故事是需要它的
Well, it's part of a good narrative.
你有没有想过贝克特在纵火案中赢了你
Did you ever think that Beckett beat you on the arson case
是因为他的故事更好
because he just told a better story?
-保险诈骗的故事吗 -不
- An insurance scam? - No.
是一个兢兢业业的商人被债务侵蚀的故事
A hard-working business man being swallowed by debt.
这能在陪审团那儿引起共鸣 彼得
Juries can relate to that, Peter.
共鸣到忽视谋杀的事实吗
So they ignore a murder?
陪审团喜欢好故事
Juries love a good story.
给他们一个
Tell 'em one.
科迪的电子邮件里
There's nothing in Cody's email
甚至没有证据能表明他认识贝克特
that suggests he even knew Beckett.
我们知道他们认识
We know they knew each other.
那就是他们在试图掩饰
Well, they sure tried to hide it.
找出他们掩饰的原因
Find out why.
还有点这里没有的东西
There is something that's not here.
据酒店经理说 科迪是网上订的房♥间
According to the motel manager, Cody booked the room online.
但是 他没有接到确认邮件
Thing is, he never received a confirmation email.
总有人接到了 找到它
Someone must have. Find it.
他是在大家旅馆上订的
He booked through Hotels-R-U,
用的是别人的邮箱地址
under someone else's email address.
JRudkus@UGTmail.Com
JRudkus@UGTmail.Com.
-虚假信♥用♥卡♥吗 -不是
- Fake credit card? - Nope.
科迪的信♥用♥卡♥ 支付信息也正确
Cody's credit card, correct billing information.
要是能找到IP地址...
剧集 | 芝加哥律政(2017) | 导航列表