the way people were talking to each other,
那种优雅
the elegance of it...
所呈现的细节
the detail of it.
我爱那种感觉
And... I loved it.
然后我就跟妈妈说 "我想成为主厨"
And I told my mom, "I wanna be a chef."
然后她说 "好的 小多
And she's like, "yes, yes, Dom.
你当然可以成为主厨"
Of course you wanna be a chef."
加利福尼亚州 杨特维尔
我们这里大多数都是无花果 不过
We've got mostly figs, uh, but also,
-我也给你找了点好东西 -太好了
- I've got some curiosities for you. - Awesome.
我先把这棵的根拔下来 就在这
Let me pop a root off like... right here.
对我来说 它的味道闻起来很古怪
Now, for me, it's a curious smell.
皮特·雅各布森
雅各布森果园园主
尝起来更奇怪
It's an even weirder taste.
-它叫什么名字 -这是当归
- What is the name of this? - This is angelica.
-当归 -是的
- Angelica! - Yeah.
欧洲有很多 但是这里不太多
We find this in Europe a lot but not here.
是的 没错 他们把它做成糖
Oh, yeah, no, actually, that's right, they candy it.
这个你已经闻过很多次了 不过
This, you've already smelled lots of times, but--
-巧克力薄荷 -巧克力薄荷
- The chocolate mint? - The chocolate mint.
我喜欢巧克力薄荷
Oh, I love the chocolate mint.
是的 我知道这是
Yeah, I know it's, uh...
她十分重视选用什么样的原料
每次说起那句有名的俗语
"厨师就是摇滚巨星"时
她总是说"不 食材生产者才是摇滚巨星"
这些小东西也很有意思
These little guys are also interesting.
它们的口感很不错
They've got a nice texture to them.
根据调味料的不同 它...
Um, you know, and depending on the dressing, I mean, that's--
我在想...
You know, I'm thinking about...
我们有一道用牡蛎做的菜
We have a dish right now with oyster.
我想也许可以把它加到牡蛎里
I'm thinking maybe with... add it to oyster.
加进牡蛎汁里
Some oyster juice.
-你可以吗 -我没事
- Are you okay? - Yeah, I'm good.
我要找一颗有甜胶质的给你
I'm gonna find one that's got that sort of sweet gumminess for you.
你不觉得自己像个爬树的小孩子吗
Don't you feel like a kid going up the tree?
我经常爬这些树
Oh, I get to climb these trees a lot, actually.
其实这个不算太好
This one's not a perfect one, actually.
它在往外渗奶汁
It's bleeding milk.
如果它渗出了奶汁 那就是还没熟
So if it bleeds milk, they're not ripe.
-我帮你 -渗出奶汁 这个...
- Let me let you try - Bleeding milk? This is...
如果无花果还没熟 它就会渗出奶汁
Every fig will bleed milk if it's not ripe.
大多数人从来没尝过成熟的无花果
Most people have never really tasted a ripe fig.
好了 现在你能看见这些
So... see now you've started to see those kind of--
大自然的喜悦唤起童年的记忆
有些东西当你尝过之后
You can eat something
你会永远记住那个味道
and you can remember that forever.
我记得当时尝一个西红柿
I remember tasting a tomato.
可能是在我三四岁的时候
Probably I was around three or four years of age.
我去花♥园♥里
I went to the garden,
拿了一个放进嘴里 我记得那种感觉...
and I put it in my mouth and I remember it was...
很软 而且鲜嫩多汁
it was soft, it was, like, juicy,
但是不知道什么原因
but there was something about it
我停不下来一直吃
that I just couldn't stop eating it.
西红柿早就没了...
The tomato is gone...
但是那个瞬间是永恒的
but that moment is forever.
那个经历是永恒存在的
The experience is forever.
我想多米尼克从她在布列塔尼的记忆
I think Dominique derives inspiration from a combination
从她的童年时光中撷取了很多灵感
of memories of Brittany and childhood,
也包括现在 她在加利福尼亚的记忆
and the present moment, here in California.
而这产生了一种双重效应
And it creates this kind of double vision.
加利福尼亚州 半月湾
你好 你好
Hello, hello!
-你好 -你好 主厨
- Hi. - Hey, Chef.
苍白之马
-你好 -你怎么样
- Hey there. - How are you?
今天有什么收获 斑点虾
What we get today? Some spot prawn?
今天打上来很多斑点虾
It's spot prawn day.
-好漂亮 -你觉得够新鲜吗
- Oh, wow! Beautiful. - This fresh enough for you?
你得让它们说会话
You want to talk to them a little bit,
我觉得它们真的
and I think they're just, uh,
真的很漂亮
just beautiful.
在我的家乡布列塔尼
You know, in Brittany, where I come from,
我们经常捕海蜇虾
we used to go get langoustine
你们知道吗 那种大的海蜇虾
and, you know, those big langoustine?
后来当我第一次看见斑点虾的时候...
And when I saw the spot prawn the first time...
我们法国是没有的
We don't have that in France.
我不知道你知不知道
I don't know if you know that.
我总是觉得人们
Often, I feel that people
做虾的火候都太大了
overcook the shrimp in general, you know,
那样就失去了虾原本的味道
and they just kind of lose what the shrimp is about.
看这里面的肉质 真的很棒
Look at the... the meat inside. It's pretty amazing.
颜色也很美
The color is beautiful.
甜甜的
It's sweet.
-还有点咸 -是的
- A little bit salty. - Yeah.
-肉质鲜美 很好吃 -非常甜
- It's very meaty also. Delicious. - Super sweet.
她会用很多海鲜
那来自于她布列塔尼记忆中的一部分
但是我认为她的家不是法国
或者美国
而是旧金山
我在90年代来到旧金山
I came in San Francisco in the '90s
当时就感觉到 "这就是我的家了"
and I felt something. It's like, "this is home."
这里有水
The water was here.
我记得第一次来这里的海边
I remember the first time I went on the coast,
我还以为自己漫步在布列塔尼的海滩上
I thought I was driving the coast of Brittany.
在我很小的时候 我就想要环游世界
I think, at a very young age, I wanted to travel the world.
因为我的父亲让哥哥和我
Because my dad really opened our eyes,
认识了这个世界 开阔了眼界
to my brother and I, about the world.
世界上还有太多东西
It's like, there's other things than
是你没有见过的
just what you have around you.
我想很多人来这里都是为了寻找答案
I think a lot of people came here to find answers at the time.
这里有很多艺术家
You know, a lot of artists were here.
这里会让你
It was a place where
放心大胆地做自己
people felt safe to be who they wanted to be.
我想这就是我追求的东西
And I think I wanted that.
我想做真正的自己
I wanna be who I wanna be.
我不希望有人对我指指点点...
I don't want someone to look at me and judge me for...
说我的想法奇怪 说我这样说我那样
because I'm thinking this way, because I'm this way.
在这里你可以做你自己
You can be yourself here.
谢谢
Thank you.
我想为一个能带领我的人工作
I wanted to work for someone that will take me under his wing,
直到我读到这个人 杰里迈亚·托尔
and I read about this gentleman, Jeremiah Tower.
厨师界的先锋们
他开了一家以
And he opened this restaurant that works
当季时鲜作为食材的餐厅
with things that are available at the moment.
他又高又帅 非常优雅
Handsome man, tall, very elegant.
我觉得他很像法国人
Almost, I will say, perhaps French.
如果他听见我这么说
If he hear me say that,
他会像这样"是的 是的"
he will be like, "oui, oui, oui."
谁不想为这样的人工作呢
Who doesn't wanna work for someone like that?
所以我就去了那里找工作
And so, I went there, and I did ask for a job.
然后我就得到了一份工作
And I got the job.
她留在了有这样一位超级大厨
She landed at Stars restaurant
杰里迈亚·托尔的星级餐厅
where there was this sort of superstar chef, Jeremiah Tower.
但是美国对她来说是完全陌生的
She was brand new to the United States
而且她没去过烹饪学校
and she did not go to cooking school
在此之前也从没做过厨师的工作
and she'd never had a cooking job before.
但她毅然决然地投入了进去 我非常钦佩
But she plunged in and I really admire
她敢于尝试困难的强烈决心
that willingness to try something hard.
杰里迈亚·托尔 幕后的明星
他奇迹般地发现 厨师已经成为80年代中最闪耀的职业
他管理厨房♥的方式
The way that he run his kitchen
是由助理厨师向我们提供菜单
is the sous-chef gave us the menu.
他说 "多米尼克 今天你要做五道菜
He said, "Well, Dominique, today you have five dishes.
一道汤 一盘沙拉 两份煎炸的食物
You know, a soup, a salad, two fried things,
这里是原材料
and this is the ingredient.
你必须要做出来
You have to make it.
没有菜谱 有600人预约"
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表