老实说
Let's be honest.
你不会为了填饱肚子而吃饼干
You're not going for a cookie for sustenance.
你吃饼干是为了放纵自己的欲望
You're going for a cookie for the beauty of indulgence,
为了放松精神 还有
for the spirit of just letting free and being like,
"我知道饼干会破坏
"I know maybe this cookie isn't the thing
我一天的节食计划
that's gonna round out my diet for the day,
但是可以给我带来快乐...
but it's what's gonna bring me joy...
而且提醒我人生苦短
and remind me that life's too short
无需担心今天吃了多少饼干
to worry about how many cookies I ate today."
于是 我开始问自己这个问题
And so I started asking myself this question,
"有什么是
"What is it that you can do
你余生每一天都能做的"
every single day for the rest of your life?"
我的回答是
And I was like,
"做饼干"
"Make cookies."
克里斯蒂娜·托西拥有大自然的力量
Christina Tosi is this force of nature.
戴上头带 她就像个超级英雄
She puts on her headband and she's like a superhero.
克里斯蒂娜掀起这场疯狂的潮流文化现象
Christina created this insane pop culture phenomenon.
牛奶吧是烘焙王国
Milk Bar is a bakery empire.
改变了人们日常吃甜点的方式
It changed the way people eat desserts on a daily basis.
我的意思是 世界上哪有玉米片口味的饼干
I mean, where in the world did a cornflake cookie exist?
世界上哪有松露球
Where in the world did a truffle ball or--
那是什么 你能吃完吗
What is that? And can you finish it?
或者 脆皮派 拜托
Or crack pie? I mean, come on.
那是妈妈会做的东西
It was something your mom might make,
但是由巨星级糕点师来做
but made by someone that was, like, a superstar pastry chef.
她了解思乡情怀
She's someone that understands nostalgia
同时 也想消灭乡愁
and someone that wants to destroy nostalgia simultaneously.
她曾为世界顶尖主厨工作
She's worked for some of the best chefs in the world,
但内心也下里巴人
but she's also so very lowbrow at heart.
她爱吃垃圾食品
She's very much a junk food junkie.
于是她把自己喜欢的食物放进甜点
And so she just put the food that she loves into her desserts.
我记得有一次 我买♥♥了一盒Take5[好时旗下品牌]巧克力棒
I remember one day buying her a box of Take5 candy bars.
我挑衅她 "你一周能吃多少"
Like, and I challenged her, "How many can you eat in a week?"
她吃了一整盒
She ate the whole damn box.
有时 她拿着生曲奇饼进来
Sometimes, she would just come in with raw cookie dough.
我说 "有谁会为了吃零食而做生曲奇饼呢"
I was like, "Who makes raw cookie dough just to snack on?"
然后我们会开玩笑说 "你会得糖尿病的"
And then we'd joke, like, "You're gonna get diabetes."
你不能吃太多甜食还感觉良好
This is not food that you can eat a lot and feel good ever.
但是 克里斯蒂娜做的烘焙
But there's something about
刺♥激♥我的味蕾
Christina's baking that just overrides my off switch.
我吃个不停
I can't stop eating it.
克里斯蒂娜是独一无二的美国主厨
Christina is a uniquely American chef.
她不去法国 也不会跑去日本
She's not trying to be French. She's not running off to Japan.
她留在美国
She is America.
美国很美味
And America's delicious.
我每次都吃焦糖苹果
I mean, caramel and apple every time.
-谢谢 -那是什么 妈妈
- Thank you. - Yes! What is that? Mama.
那是满满的培根
That's a very generous serving of bacon.
我小时候很挑食
I was a very picky eater, growing up as a kid.
我喜欢芝士通心粉
I liked the standards like mac and cheese,
热狗 麦片 一天到晚都吃这些
hot dogs, cereal, all times of the day and night.
我要一根油炸士力架
May I have a deep-fried Snickers bar,
油炸奥利奥 油炸蛋糕
deep-fried Oreos, deep-fried Twinkies?
不准说不健康
No judgment.
等等 还有油炸巧克力片曲奇饼
Wait, also deep-fried chocolate chip cookie dough.
我超爱吃甜食
And I had a crazy sweet tooth.
我最喜欢像冰淇淋 曲奇饼
Like ice cream, cookie dough,
所有那些上面撒了糖拿去烤的甜点
anything out of the oven, baked, with sugar on top was mine.
赞
Dude!
我吃典型的美式甜点
I ate these very, very American desserts
像苹果派 软冰淇淋
like apple pie and soft-serve ice cream.
比如冰雪皇后[软冰淇淋品牌]
Like Dairy Queen.
无论生活中发生了什么
It was the thing that, no matter what was going on in life,
要是开车经过那 就会停下买♥♥来吃
if you drove by it, you were gonna stop and get it.
看看 那份是我们的
Oh, look at that. That's gonna be ours.
甜品给人们带来愉悦和幸福
It just brings joy and happiness to people.
让生命中那个时刻
And it makes that moment in life,
那个小小的瞬间变得更甜蜜
that tiny, little snapshot in life a little sweeter.
你可以拿住吗 查莉
You'll be able to handle all that, Charlie?
-真棒 -看起来好丰盛
-Oh, yeah. -It looks pretty epic!
-谢谢 -不客气
-Thank you. -You're welcome.
世界就像一扇牡蛎
I think the world is more often your oyster
若你用孩童般的感情走向它
when you approach it with more of a childlike sensibility.
等等 你想赢什么
Wait, what are you gonna win?
世界是个充满好奇的地方 一个更美的地方
The world is a more curious place. It's a more beautiful place.
-轻一点 -像这样
- Soft. - Like this.
对 就这样
There, yeah! Like that!
生活不会总是充满阳光和彩虹 但...
It's not always sunshine and rainbows, but...
在生命中的每一天 都应该有一刻
within any given day in life, there should always be a moment
你肩上的压力
where the weight of the world
变得轻一点
is just a little bit lighter on your shoulders.
好吃吗
Good?
你知道吗 这菜谱是我爸爸最喜欢的 对吧
You know, this recipe was such a favorite of my dad's, right?
因为你曾祖父 也就是我爷爷 有一片苹果园
Because your great-grandpa, my grandpa, had an apple orchard.
还是在经济大萧条的时候
This was during the Depression.
坏苹果 他们称为"落地果"
The bad ones, they call them "Drops,"
掉到地上的时候 摔烂了
when they fall on the ground, and they're bruised,
那些就卖♥♥不出去了 对吧
and you really can't sell those, right?
于是 我奶奶把那些苹果收起来
So, instead, my grandma would take the apples and bring 'em in
做苹果酱或者苹果布丁
and either make applesauce or apple dumplings.
奶奶以前甚至会留着苹果皮
Grandma used to even save the peels
用来做苹果酱
and make applesauce with them.
她要确保一点东西都不浪费 懂吗
She was gonna make sure nothing went to waste, you know?
你懂的
You know it.
我妈妈的妈妈 我跟她开玩笑说
My mom's mom, my joke with her
我可以站在她旁边 用完全一样的配方
was that I could make the same exact recipe standing next to her,
但是不知道怎么回事 她做的总是比较好吃
and somehow hers always tasted better.
但我想 这就是...
But I think that's the beauty of...
把养育 爱 和关心都倾注于食物的味道
what nurturing and love and care through food tastes like,
无论是心理或是感情方面
whether it's mental or emotional,
亦或是真正味蕾上的味觉
or truly scientific in your taste buds.
她做的总是比较好吃
They always tasted better when she made them.
我的奶奶 姨妈 妈妈都做烘焙
My grandmas, my aunts, my mom, they all baked.
她们每天都烘焙 不是什么稀奇事
Baked every day, never anything fancy.
做烘焙总是能有新鲜出炉的东西
Baking to always have a fresh-baked good,
或者用来送人
or baking to give someone,
或者出去时带上
or to bring when you go out,
这就是生活本来的样子
that was just the way it was in life.
我猜 在某些方面 你会说
I guess, in some respects, you would say
她一生都在做这件事 从孩提时代♥开♥始
she's been doing it all of her life. From a child.
她不是那种想要小马驹或类似东西的小孩
She wasn't one to want a pony or anything of that nature.
她想要儿童烤箱玩具 我说
She wanted an Easy-Bake Oven, and I said:
"我们不用花钱买♥♥儿童烤箱玩具
"We are not spending money on an Easy-Bake Oven.
我们厨房♥里有一台真的烤箱
We have a real oven in the kitchen.
来吧 我们去厨房♥ 孩子"
Come on. We're going to the kitchen, kiddo."
-好的 甜心 -我爱你
-Okay, sweet pea. - I love you.
爬上来 好的
Come right up there. Okay.
就是日常 在家 我们家人的常态
It's just what happens in life and in home life in my family.
这些女人们有着惊人的能量和影响力
And these women that have this incredible power and influence,
我一直觉得她们简直是世界上最酷的女人了
I just thought they were the coolest women in the world.
嗯 就这样
Oh, you got it.
我们也不是就是为了自己吃这些东西
We're not just eating all these things ourselves.
我们烤好了 也是想拿出去送给别人吃
We're baking so we can go out and give them to someone.
我很爱烘焙 因为能让我想起奶奶和外婆
I love baking 'cause it reminds me of my grandmas.
让我感觉像回到小时候 想要偷吃个曲奇饼
It makes me feel like I'm a kid trying to sneak cookie dough
就趁她们不注意的时候
when they're not looking,
这样让我觉得我跟她们在一起 我也是她们中的一员
and it makes me feel like I'm with them and that I'm one of them.
啊 真好 好像都能闻到空气中的肉桂味 对吧
Wow, nice. Oh, you can just smell cinnamon in the air, can't you?
- 我刚才吃了一个 超好吃 -好吃吧
-Mmm, I had one before. They're great! - Aren't those great?
我觉得我们得再加点糖
I think we should add a little more sugar.
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表