But my brother helped me to conquer those bad times in my life.
他和一所知名企业有合作
He was working with a very famous company.
他给了我第一个转机
He gave me the first break.
突然之间我就接管了那间餐厅
And I suddenly took over the cafeteria.
拉杰什·克瓦拉曼尼
嘠贡 合伙人
他哥哥才是推动嘠贡的人
His brother was actually the guy who was pushing Gaggan,
一直以来都是
you know, all the time.
在那个关键的时候 是他将
At that point of time, he actually changed
嘠贡的负面情绪转化为勇气
all his negativity into courage
激励他去追寻自己的梦想
to motivate him to pursue his dreams.
我用了三年时间 就拥有了150名员工
It took me three years to have about 150 employees
每天为5000人准备餐饮
and doing meals for about 5,000 people... A day.
我手下有个200人的团队 他们负责烹饪
I had this team of 200 people with me, so they would cook.
我只负责谈合同
All I was doing was negotiating contracts.
那就是我的工作
That was my job.
我从一个厨师变成了商人
I became from a... from a cook to a businessman.
我赚了很多钱 但我不再煮菜了
I was making a lot of money, but I was not cooking at all.
我以为自己已经和高级料理没关系了
I thought I had lost touch with good food.
然后 有人请我去做顾问
And then, I got a call to do consultancy.
那次顾问工作后 我成为了
Through the consultancy, I became a consultant
整个印度东北地区的顾问
to the whole northeast of India.
我到处去帮别人开餐厅
I would go and I would open people's restaurants.
有些人看中了我的天赋
Some people recognized my talents
要帮我在曼谷开一家餐厅
and then offered me a restaurant in Bangkok.
那个餐厅叫"红"
The restaurant's called Red.
我第一次去泰国时 非常兴奋
On my first trip to Thailand, I was so excited.
我在这里看到市场有卖♥♥新鲜的红莓和草莓
I came here, saw raspberries, strawberries fresh in the market.
还有卖♥♥鹅肝酱
Foie gras in the market!
鱼子酱
Caviar in the market!
我很惊讶 "印度最好的餐厅都没有这些"
It's like ,"Wow! These,we don't get in the best restaurants in India."
我就像个进了游乐园的孩子
I was a kid in the park.
梦想世界在我眼前展开
The world of dreams just opened up.
我当时就决定 "就是这里了"
And I thought, "This is it."
于是我永远地离开了印度
And I left India forever.
一年之内 餐厅就大获成功
Within a year, the restaurant here became very successful.
我注入了一切心血
And I gave all my sweat and everything for it.
"红"出名了
And Red became famous.
有一天 有位食评家来评论我的餐厅
One day, this food critic came to review my restaurant,
他跟我聊餐厅和料理的变化
and he was talking about restaurants and how food was changing.
他提到了"斗牛犬"餐厅
He talked about El Bulli.
全世界最好的餐厅斗牛犬 我说"什么"
World's best restaurant, El Bulli. I said, "What?"
以前印度就是我的全部 后来变成曼谷
My world was India, and then it became Bangkok.
我对世界一无所知 完全脱节
I didn't know about the world. I was totally disconnected.
他叫我 "上网去查斗牛犬餐厅"
He says, "Look for El Bulli. Google it."
我了解到 有个叫"橄榄"的菜是球形的
Okay, there's something called Olives that are spheric.
有使用液氮
There's liquid nitrogen.
还有些花 是能吃的
There's these flowers. These are edible.
这个也能吃 这个也可以
This? This is edible. This is edible.
我犹如打开了新世界的大门
I was out of space and time.
我在幻想食物
I was hallucinating food.
我说 "我也要把印度料理做成这样"
I said, "I want to do this with Indian food."
我要改变我的菜式
I wanted to change my cuisine.
我想要改变我生长的国度
I wanted to change the country where I come from.
然后我自问 "如果我不懂又怎么复♥制♥呢"
And I thought, "How do I replicate it if I don't understand it?"
于是我去买♥♥"斗牛犬"出的书
So I used to buy El Bulli books.
我在家里弄了一个小厨房♥ 用来练习
I had set up a small kitchen in my home, practicing things.
我在"红"做出第一道泡沫料理
First foam I made was in Red.
我给一位客人上了泡沫 他问 "这是什么"
I served somebody a foam and he thought, "What is this?
什么东西 为什么食物是这个样子
What's this? Why are the foods like this?
为什么弄得跟法国菜一样"
Why is the food like French food?"
大家都觉得我疯了
People thought I was mad.
他们很不喜欢
They hated it.
他们说"这不是印度菜 不要改变我们的食物"
They said, "This is not Indian food. Don't change our food."
我不能做高级料理 我受够了
I couldn't do fine food. I was fed up.
于是有一天 我借酒消愁
So one day, I got drunk.
那天早上我跟老板和行政总厨起了争执
I had a bad day with my boss that morning, and my executive chef.
我去了一个派对 喝得酩酊大醉
I went to a party. Drunk, drunk, drunk. Totally drunk.
然后我的朋友们都联合起来跟我说
And then my friends, they all ganged me up and said,
"你应该自己开餐厅
"You should have a restaurant.
比如我们会去詹尼开的詹尼餐厅
Like, we go to Gianni's. We go to Giovanni's.
我们会去安吉拉餐厅
We go to Angela's.
你也应该开一家叫嘠贡的餐厅"
You should have a restaurant called Gaggan."
于是当晚凌晨一点 我打给我的合伙人拉杰什
So at one o'clock at night, I called my partner, Rajesh.
我说 "我想开一家餐厅
I said, "I wanna do this restaurant.
希望你来当合伙人"
I want you to be the partner."
他说 "等你明早酒醒了
He said, "No, let's talk about this tomorrow morning
我们再谈
when you're sober.
你醉了"
You're drunk."
我告诉他 "我没醉 你就说好还是不好"
I told him, "No, I'm not. You say 'yes' or say 'no.'
马上回复
Now.
你现在就给我答复
Now you say 'yes' or you say 'no.'
别等到明天 不要再拖了"
Don't say tomorrow. Don't... don't drag it on."
他就说 "好好好 没问题"
He said, "Yes, yes, yes. Okay."
七天内 我们作出计划
Within seven days, we sat,
餐厅就在纸上成型了
the restaurant was already in the paper.
七天
Seven days.
同时 我有六个月空闲时间
In the meantime, I had six months of free time.
拉杰什问我 "你的梦想是什么"
Rajesh told me, "What is your dream?"
我这么回答他
I told him, exactly.
"我想去斗牛犬当学徒
"I would love to go and be an apprentice in El Bulli.
我想跟狮子学习如何狩猎"
I want to learn from the lion how to hunt."
嘠贡有一天打给我 问到
Gaggan rang me one day and he said,
"你认识费兰·阿德里亚吗"
"Hey, do you know Ferran Adrià?"
我说 "我不认识他 但我见过他"
I said, "I don't know him. I've met him."
当时斗牛犬已经是世界排名第一的餐厅
At this time, El Bulli was number one in the world.
嘠贡说 "我想去那里实习
Gaggan, he said, "I want to go do an internship there.
你能帮我引荐一下吗"
Do you think you could introduce me?"
光是在那里花钱吃一顿
It would take probably a year to get a table,
就要排队一年
just to pay money to eat the food.
但这样空降到店里想得到一份实习工作
But to sort of parachute in and expect to get an internship
几乎是不可能的事情
would be nearly impossible.
我不想由我来告诉他这个坏消息
I didn't want to be the bearer of bad news.
我没有向餐厅引荐他
Instead of going through the process of making an introduction
因为很可能会被直接拒绝
and probably having him turned down,
或是石沉大海 而是跟他说
or not hearing back, I just said,
"嘠贡 我觉得你先发一封邮件给对方
"Look, Gaggan, I think it might be better and more heartfelt
会比较真诚 比较妥当
if you just fire off an email,
向对方介绍一下你自己 和你想做的事
tell them who you are and what you want to do,
然后 看看会怎么样"
and, you never know, see what happens,"
我当时只是不想
just trying to wash my hands
当那个令他失望的坏人
of the responsibility for the disappointment.
他发了邮件
And, um, he did.
几天后 他打电♥话♥告诉我 "我得到了"
And a few days later, he called me up and he said, "I got it!"
我问 "得到什么" 他说 "实习工作"
I said, "Got what?" He said, "I got the internship!"
他把回邮念给我听 内容是
And he read it to me and it was like,
"亲爱的阿南德先生 我们期待你来西班牙
"Dear Mr. Anand, we look forward to welcoming you in Spain.
另外 带香料来"
P.S. Bring spices."
他去了 清楚自己的目标 并找到了答案
He went off, knew what he was looking for, found it...
我就是想要这个颜色
Yeah, this is the color I want.
学成归来时大大地收到了启发
...came back completely inspired,
决定自己开餐厅
and decided to open up his own place.
-钳子 -对
- Pincers? - Yes.
我要回曼谷时
When I was coming back to Bangkok,
很清楚自己想成为印度料理界的斗牛犬餐厅
I knew that I wanted to be the El Bulli of India.
我思考着 "要如何才能实现"
And I thought, "How do we do that?"
然后我在历史里找到了答案
And then I saw the answers were in the history.
是哪一道菜将斗牛犬捧上神坛
What was that one dish that changed El Bulli?
就是当他们独创出球化橄榄时
It was when they created the spherified olive.
我琢磨着 如果他们能征服一道
I thought that if they could conquer a dish,
很传统的西班牙菜 并使西班牙人都接受
which was very Spanish, and every Spanish would accept it,
那我也要征服传统的印度菜
剧集 | 主厨的餐桌(2015) | 导航列表