剧集 | 发现女巫(2018) | 导航列表
I found and read every one of them.
我找到并读完了所有手抄本
Apart from 782.
除了第782卷
You've been searching for the book since 1859.
你从1859年起就在寻找这本书
How old are you? I'm older than I look.
你多大年纪了 我比看起来要老
300 years?
有300岁吗
500 years?
500岁
Did you know Machiavelli?
你认识马基雅维利吗
Survive the fall of Carthage?
你经历了迦太基的陷落吗
Which fall of Carthage?
迦太基的哪次陷落
I'd like to show you my laboratory.
我想带你参观我的实验室
The work we've been doing recently links into creature origin.
我们最近的研究和生物起源有关
I won't harm you. You have my word.
我不会伤害你的 我向你保证
All right.
好吧
Put this on.
穿上这个
You're cold. How do you know that?
你很冷 你怎么知道的
Adrenalin causes a rise in metabolic heat production.
肾上腺素引起代谢性产热上升
Your adrenalin has dropped and so has your heart rate.
你的肾上腺素下降了 同时心跳变慢
You can hear my heart?
你能听见我的心跳吗
Yes.
是的
All the time.
一直都能
We're among hundreds of laboratories using genetics
我们是上百个使用基因研究物种起源的
to study species origin,
实验室中的一个
but in our lab
但在我们这里
humans aren't the only species we're studying.
人类不是我们研究的唯一物种
You're studying vampire genetics?
你们在研究吸血鬼基因吗
Witches and daemons, too.
还有巫师和魔族的
We take physical specimens from burial sites mostly
我们大多时候是从墓地提取生理标本
and extract DNA from the samples.
并从其中提取DNA
Hey, Matthew!
你好 马修
He's been helping me while you've been away.
你不在的时候他一直在帮我
Diana, this is my colleague and lab manager,
戴安娜 这是我的同事兼实验室负责人
Dr Miriam Shepherd.
米丽亚姆·谢尔博特博士
Miriam, this is Dr Diana Bishop.
米丽亚姆 这是戴安娜·毕晓普博士
It's a pleasure to meet you.
很高兴认识你
And I'm Dr Marcus Whitmore.
我是马库斯·怀特莫尔医生
Different type of doctor.
另一种博士[有医生之意]
AB negative.
AB阴性血
Don't suppose I could take some of you blood, could I?
我可以取一些你的血吗
It's tough getting a sample from a living witch.
从一个活女巫那里取样很困难
No... thank you.
不了 谢谢你
If your friend isn't here to give blood,
如果你的朋友不是来这献血的
what is she here for exactly?
那她是来干什么的
I wanted to show Diana that the work we're doing here proves
我想展示给戴安娜 我们的研究证明
beyond all doubt...
毫无疑问
that creatures are dying out.
这些生物都在衰亡
Vampires are failing to sire.
吸血鬼无法初拥
Daemons are increasingly prone to madness.
魔族的精神状态越来越不稳定
And witches?
那巫师们呢
Are losing their powers.
正在失去他们的魔力
Come and see.
过来看
Please, sit down.
请坐下
Allow me. Thank you.
请允许我 谢谢
Now, this graph shows the mitochondrial DNA
这张图显示了一个叫做本梵古达的女巫的
of a witch named Benvenguda.
线粒体的DNA
She lived in Brittany in the 7th century
她生活在七世纪的英国
and she was very, very powerful.
魔力非常强大
A marvel really,
是个真正的传奇
in an age that produced...many marvels.
那是个充满传奇色彩的年代
Now, compare that to the graph belonging to Beatrice Good,
你把这张图和碧翠丝·古德的对比看
Benvenguda's last known direct descendant.
她是本梵古达已知的最后一个直系后裔
Now, as you can see, Beatrice's DNA shows far fewer markers
你可以看到 碧翠丝的基因中已经非常少见
common amongst witches, indicating that...
女巫中常见的基因标记 说明...
her ancestors, as the centuries passed,
随着历史的推移 她的祖先们
relied less and less upon witchcraft to survive.
越来越少依仗巫术
Now... is this pattern of...
是不是这种
denying power,
否认魔力的行为模式
is the reason why witches will eventually become...
将会导致巫师最终的...
extinct?
灭绝
Who do you think she might talk to? Well, I don't know.
你觉得她会去找谁 我不知道
Apart from me, Diana doesn't have any friends in Oxford.
戴安娜在牛津除了我以外没什么朋友
Oh, forgive me.
抱歉
I don't believe you've been introduced. This is Miss Järvinen.
忘了向你介绍 这是雅维楠女士
She's our new representative on the Congregation.
她是我们委员会的新代表
Congratulations.
恭喜
Well?
怎样
I tried to look inside her.
我试着读她的心
She interests me.
她让我很感兴趣
You think 782's going to help you with your research, don't you?
你是觉得《阿什莫尔第782卷》会有助于你的研究
It could explain our origins, yes.
是的 它能解释我们的起源之谜
But we aren't going to go extinct tomorrow.
但我们在短时间内是不会灭绝的
There are still plenty of creatures in the world.
世界上还存在着许多生物
I have a different sense of time to you.
我的时间概念和你不同
When humans talk about climate change
人类在谈论气候变化的时候
that's exactly the argument they use.
通常会这么说
"Oh, the polar ice caps will take so many years to melt.
"极地的冰盖得等上好多年才融化
Who cares?"
我才不在乎"
I remember when the Thames iced over every winter.
我还记得泰晤士河每年冬天都会结冰的时候
I used to skate on it.
我会去河上滑冰
You're right though.
你说的也有道理
It's not going to happen immediately, tomorrow,
灭绝的确不是迫在眉睫的事
but it's already begun.
但苗头已经出现了
One day, there'll be just one species.
终有一天世界上将只剩下一个种族
Humans.
人类
And at first, they won't notice the difference
一开始 他们也不会察觉到任何异样
because they've never noticed us, but, gradually...
因为他们从没注意到我们 但慢慢地
eventually, they'll come to see that...
他们终将意识到
all the magic has seeped out of the world.
世上所有的魔法都消失了
And they'll look around them
他们环顾四周
and everyone will be the same.
会发现所有人都是一个样了
You think whatever power I have I should use?
在你看来 我应该施展自己拥有的魔力
I think at the very least
我认为至少
you should try not to be frightened of it.
你不应该畏惧自己的能力
Although, as far as I can tell,
尽管我也明白
there are only two emotions that keep the world turning.
只有两种情感维持着世界的运转
One is...desire.
其一 是欲望
And the other is fear.
其二则是恐惧
Magic is desire made real.
魔法是成真的欲望
That's what my aunt says.
我的姨妈常这么说
The book's a palimpsest.
那本书是复写本
Old words hidden under new.
旧的文字藏在新的下面
It was heavy.
它很重
It smelt. It smelt odd.
有股气味 闻起来很怪
Three pages were cut out.
有三页纸被裁走了
The only page I saw
我唯一看见的那页上
showed a baby floating in an upside-down vessel.
画着一个漂浮在倒覆容器里的婴儿
It was probably the alchemical child,
也许是个炼金术婴儿
although I've never seen it represented like that before.
不过我从没见过它被以这样的方式描绘
Thank you.
谢谢你
I thought you knew about vampires.
我以为你是了解吸血鬼的
That's why you invited me to dinner.
这也是你邀请我共进晚餐的原因
I need to get a book, Ashmole 782.
我要找一本书 《阿什莫尔第782卷》
Are you going to give the book to the vampire?
你要把书交到那个吸血鬼的手上吗
Where are we going, anyway?
我们这是去哪儿
My house.
我家
Did you cast a spell to call up Ashmole 782?
你是通过施咒将《阿什莫尔第782卷》召唤出来的吗
What are you doing hanging around with a vampire?
你为什么和一个吸血鬼走的这么近
He could feed off you, take your memories.
他可能会吸你的血 夺走你的记忆
Think everything you saw when you opened up that book!
想想你打开那本书之后都发生了什么
Matthew de Claremont's harassing a witch.
马修·德·克莱尔蒙特缠上了一个女巫
Did your source tell you who this witch is?
你的线人有没有告诉你她是谁
剧集 | 发现女巫(2018) | 导航列表