剧集 | 发现女巫(2018) | 导航列表
Once the world was full of wonders,
世上曾有万种神奇
but it belongs to humans now.
如今这一切却被人类独占
We creatures have all but disappeared -
我们这些生物只能销声匿迹
daemons, vampires and witches...
魔族 吸血鬼 巫师
hiding in plain sight,
隐于街头巷尾
fearful of discovery,
唯恐被人发觉
ill at ease, even with each other.
甚至互相提防
But, as my father used to say,
但是 正如我父亲曾说过
in every ending...
每个结束
there is a new beginning.
都是一个新纪♥元♥的开始
Hi, Fred. Good morning.
你好 弗雷德 早上好
Good morning.
早上好
No, stop!
停下
Please, join me in welcoming back to Oxford...
让我们欢迎今年重回牛津的
this year's visiting research fellow.
访问学者
As many of you know,
在座各位都知道
she took her DPhil in the history of science here.
她在我校取得了科学史博士学位
And after publishing two prize-winning books,
在出版了两本获奖书籍后
she was awarded tenure at Yale,
她被耶鲁大学授予终生教职
one of the youngest ever to have been awarded that distinction.
是获得此荣誉的最年轻学者之一
We are delighted to have her back amongst us -
我们很高兴她能回到这里
Dr Diana Bishop.
欢迎戴安娜·毕晓普博士
Thank you. Thank you so much.
谢谢大家 非常感谢
Alchemy.
炼金术
In the 17th century,
在十七世纪
alchemy was at the very heart of the study of nature
炼金术是自然研究的中心
and a precursor to modern chemistry and death.
也是现代化学研究和死亡研究的先驱
All parts of the natural world, be they animate or inanimate,
自然界的所有物质 无论有无生命
were believed to experience these stages.
都被认为会经历这几个阶段
Although these images were often interpreted as allegory,
尽管这些图片常被解读成寓言
they actually represent the chemical processes...
实际上它们却代表了化学过程
With access to the Bodleian Library's collection
因为有幸得以阅读博德利图书馆收藏的
of unique manuscripts owned by Elias Ashmole,
伊莱亚斯·阿什莫尔珍贵的手抄本
the 17th-century antiquarian, astrologer and alchemist,
他是十七世纪的古文物研究者 占星家和炼金术士
I will continue to explore
我会继续探索
the role that alchemy had in 17th-century thought
炼金术在十七世纪思想中的地位
and how it influenced great scientists
以及它是如何影响了伟大的科学家们
such as Isaac Newton and Robert Boyle.
如艾萨克·牛顿和罗伯特·波义耳等
Thank you.
谢谢大家
Very stimulating. Thank you.
非常振奋人心 谢谢
There's an opening coming up soon in the faculty.
系里将会有个职位空缺
I'm drawing up a shortlist of candidates.
我正在拟写候选人名单
Would it interest you?
你有兴趣参选吗
Er, yes. We'll need to evaluate all your work.
当然 我们要对你所有的作品进行评估
The talk that you just gave today --
至于你今天所作的演讲...
I assume it's ready to be published?
我想你已经做好发表的准备了吧
It is, it is. It's almost finished.
是的 是的 马上就要完成了
Well, I'd need it by late October. Absolutely.
最晚十月下旬给我 没问题
I look forward to reading it. Thank you.
期待阅读你的作品 谢谢
Diana, that was brilliant.
戴安娜 刚刚的演讲太棒了
Gillian Chamberlain at a lecture for alchemy?
吉莉恩·张伯伦来听炼金术讲座
What a lovely surprise.
真是惊喜
It's been, what, four years since I've seen you?
我们有四年没见了吧
Almost six, actually. Can't believe it.
其实快六年了 难以置信
When did you arrive? Over a week ago.
你什么时候到的 有一周了
I've been practically living in the library.
我几乎是住在图书馆了
I haven't even unpacked.
行李都还没开
It is so good to see you.
见到你真是太好了
It's like...
就像是...
No, it's like coming home, nothing's changed.
就像是回家一样 一切都是老样子
Tell me about it.
可不是吗
I'm not regular faculty, that's all.
我不属于正式的教职工
Still no vacancies for a classical historian.
他们还是不招古典历史学家
I'm sorry.
我很遗憾
If there is anything I can do. It'll happen.
我能帮你什么吗 顺其自然吧
Otherwise, Oxford's still great.
除此之外 牛津还是很有趣的
The coven's pretty active.
巫师团也很活跃
We're meeting tonight for the equinox.
我们今晚要为秋分举♥行♥集♥会♥
You'll know loads of us if you wanted to come.
你能认识不少人 你来吗
I'm still not comfortable around magic.
我对魔法还是有些不自在
Not after what happened to my parents.
尤其是在我父母那件事之后
I still find it...
我还是觉得...
I just find it difficult.
很难接受
Do you not use your powers at all?
你是完全不用你的魔力吗
I am a walking disaster on that front.
我在那方面完全是个灾难
My powers are so unpredictable.
我的魔力太不稳定了
This morning, it happened by accident in public.
今天早上 就在众目睽睽之下意外地发生了
I mean, no one saw, but they could have.
虽然没人看到 但很有可能被发现
You should speak to Sylvia about that.
你应该和西尔维娅谈谈这件事
She's the head of coven now.
她现在是巫师团的首领
She might be able to help you.
也许她能帮到你
It's okay. I'm used to it.
没关系 我已经习惯了
I hear your lecture impressed a few people yesterday.
听说你昨天的讲座反响不错
So, now you've got to get that paper finished, right?
现在要开始完成那篇论文了吧
What do you need?
你需要什么
Ashmole 37, 92,
阿什莫尔第37卷 第92卷
183 and 782. 782.
第183卷和第782卷 第782卷
No problem. Be with you shortly.
没问题 稍等
Thanks.
谢谢
How's it going?
怎么样呀
Oh, just the usual, you know.
还是老样子
There you go, the Ashmole manuscripts.
给 阿什莫尔的手抄本
Thank you.
谢谢
Right, so, I'm out by the call desk.
我就在外面的借阅台
Maybe we could have a coffee later? Yeah, great.
晚些一起喝杯咖啡吧 好啊
Awesome. See you. Okay, bye.
太好了 再见 好 拜
Christ! Someone needs to fix the lights.
老天 得来个人修修这些灯了
Is it happening to you? Yes.
你是不是也感觉到了 是的
Our blood...
我们的血...
it's reacting to something.
正在回应某些东西
Sorry, sorry.
对不起 很抱歉
Dr Bishop?
毕晓普博士
I'm such an idiot, I...
我真是个白♥痴♥ 我...
Just need to check the fuses again.
得再检查一下保险丝
Dad.
爸爸
Dad?
爸爸
Dad? Diana!
爸爸 戴安娜
What happened in there?
刚刚在里面是怎么回事
Did you feel it? I don't think the humans did.
你感觉到了吗 我觉得人类没有感觉
That Ashmole manuscript,
那本阿什莫尔手抄本
there was something weird about it.
有些异样
Did you see anything unusual?
你有发现什么异常吗
Diana, are you all right?
戴安娜 你还好吗
Diana?
戴安娜
Where are you going?
你要去哪
So I presume I'm seeing you tonight.
我就当你今晚会来了
No. Come on.
不去 来嘛
No. James, look, I've found a new place.
不去 詹姆斯 我找到了个新去处
I've just been on a 12-hour shift. I'm going home to crash.
十二小时的轮班刚结束 我只想回家瘫倒
Last week was a mistake and I admit last week was a mistake.
上周是我错了 我承认
That's what you said last week.
你上周也是这么说的
Tuesday's better than the weekend.
周二去比周末去好
You can get a booth, it stays open till 3:00 am...
有卡座 凌晨三点才打烊
3:00 am, midweek? Are you off your rocker?
工作日的凌晨三点 你疯了吗
And I'm pretty sure the DJ plays almost exclusively '90s R&B.
我敢肯定DJ专放九十年代的节奏布鲁斯
See, when I'm not on shift, I'm in bed by 12.
不上班的时候我十二点之前就睡了
How come you never look tired?
你怎么从来不累呢
I'm not a lightweight like you.
我才不像你这么弱
Have a good sleep.
祝你好梦
Fiveaside next week! If you're awake.
下周踢五人足球 如果你还醒着
剧集 | 发现女巫(2018) | 导航列表