剧集 | 女王的棋局(2020) | 导航列表
I was waiting for you to come back.
我是为了你修牙的
You're the reason I got my teeth fixed.
科塔诺夫斯基不也一直下盲棋吗
Didn't Koltanowski use to play blindfolded all the time?
他没疯
And he wasn't crazy.
对 他确实没疯 那个
No, no, no, he's-he's not. It was, um...
发疯的人是墨菲 还有斯坦尼茨
It was Morphy who went crazy, and Steinitz.
墨菲总觉得别人要偷他的鞋子
Morphy thought people were trying to steal his shoes.
或许他觉得鞋子是象
Well, maybe he thought shoes were bishops.
对 或许吧
Yeah, maybe.
贝丝
Beth?
我们下棋吧
Let's play chess.
好
Okay.
两包契斯特菲尔德香烟 谢谢
Two packs of Chesterfields, please.
《象棋天下》
还有这个
This, too.
你确定不直接偷走吗
Sure you wouldn't rather just steal it?
你会去吗
You gonna be there?
那个锦标赛
That tournament?
会
Yes.
祝你好运
Good luck.
留着吧
Keep it.
为第一次买♥♥单
For the first time.
这看起来不对 你的马情况不妙
Whoa, that doesn't look right. Your knight is hanging.
你没看出来 这步比看上去的厉害很多
You're missing it. It's a much stronger move than it looks.
看好了
Okay, watch.
马吃子
The knight takes,
兵走上
and the pawn moves up.
如果不走 那象就被困住了
If he didn't move it up, the bishop would be locked in.
等对方这么做时
When he does...
另一个兵就保不住了
...the other pawn falls.
-那这边的象呢 -天呐 哈利
- What about the other bishop here? - For Christ's sakes, Harry.
一旦走兵 马换象 就直接将军了
It's check once the pawn moves, and the knight trades.
你看不出来吗
Can't you see that?
不 不行 我没法这么快看出来
No, I can't. I can't find it that fast.
真希望你可以
Well, wish you could.
你对我要求太高了
You're too sharp for me.
《象棋天下》
早餐就快好了
Breakfast is almost ready.
我已经教会了你我知道的一切
I have taught you everything I know.
说实话 并不多
Which, admittedly, is not a lot.
我得开始学习了
I've got to start studying.
我该成为一个电气工程师 而不流浪棋手
I'm supposed to be an electrical engineer, not a chess bum.
你要去哪
Where are you gonna go?
我要搬去那个公♥寓♥
I'm moving to that apartment.
离大学近
It's closer to the university.
-我要给你 -你错了
- I'm gonna leave you-- - You're wrong, you know.
你教会了我很多
You've taught me a lot.
我很开心你打给了我
I'm really glad you called.
我也很开心能在这陪你
I'm glad I could be here with you, you know?
在你母亲去世后
After you lost your mom.
不仅如此
It's more than that.
你真的帮了我
You've really helped me.
我想你也帮了我
I guess you've helped me, too.
你帮我认识到一件事
You've helped me realize something.
什么
What?
我并不爱象棋
That I don't love chess.
不 没关系
No, it's okay.
我只是没有以前那么喜爱了
I just don't love it as much as I once did.
我不痴迷于象棋 仿佛需要为此赢得一切
I'm not obsessed with it the way one has to be to win it all.
就像你那样
The way you are.
我要给你
I'm gonna leave you...
这个
this.
你们有很多共同点
You have a lot in common.
《保罗·墨菲和象棋的黄金时代》
威廉·埃沃特·纳皮尔著
真的吗
Really?
墨菲是个律师什么的吧 在新奥尔良
Morphy was a lawyer or something, in New Orleans.
你看看他的棋局
You look at his games,
他的步法
the way he played.
他愿意牺牲马和象
He sacrificed knights and bishops
好像他有一打 而不只是两个
like he had a dozen instead of two,
然后他会迅速进攻对方的王
and then he'd move in on the king so fast,
让对手直接石化
his opponents would just freeze up.
真遗憾墨菲和卡帕布兰卡
It's too bad Morphy and Capablanca
没有生活在同一个时代
hadn't been alive at the same time.
他们可以对弈
They could've played each other.
是啊 很遗憾墨菲
Yeah, it's too bad Morphy
变成了喃喃自语的偏执狂 最后去世了
fell into a muttering paranoia and died.
他在巴黎比赛的前一天会整宿不睡
He would stay up all night, in Paris, before his games,
喝着咖啡 和陌生人交谈
drinking in cafes, and talking with strangers.
然后第二天像鲨鱼一般下棋
And then he'd play the next day like a shark.
彬彬有礼 衣冠楚楚 用那如女士般的
Well-mannered, well-dressed, moving the pieces
纤细的手指移♥动♥棋子
with these small, ladylike hands.
打败一个又一个的欧洲特级大♥师♥
Crushing one European master after another.
你知道人们怎么称呼他吗
You know what they called him?
"象棋届的骄傲与悲伤"
"The pride and the sorrow of chess."
然后他22岁就退役了
And then he retired at 22.
-你觉得我会那样吗 -我觉得那就是你
- And you think that's gonna be me? - I think that is you.
我想或许
I think maybe...
一直以来都是你
it's always been you.
小心 贝丝
Be careful, Beth.
俄亥俄州美国锦标赛
美国锦标赛
全美象棋锦标赛 俄亥俄州 1967年
好啊 贝丝
Why, hello, Beth.
好啊 本尼
Why, hello, Benny.
我看到了你和博尔戈夫的棋局
I read about your game with Borgov.
肯定感觉糟透了
That must have felt terrible.
-我感觉像个傻子 -我能感同身受
- I felt like a fool. - I know that feeling.
无助
Helpless.
再下也毫无意义 你只是
It all goes, and you just...
在推小木头
push wood.
你的第一个对手是谁
Who have you got up first?
曼弗雷迪
Manfredi.
应该用不了多久
That shouldn't take too long.
整个国家等级分最高的选手们
Highest-rated players in the whole fucking country,
却在这个二流的大学里下棋
and yet here we are at some second-rate university,
用着便宜的塑料棋盘和便宜的塑料棋子
playing on cheap plastic boards with cheap plastic pieces.
如果这是高尔夫或网球锦标赛
If this were a golf or tennis tournament,
我们肯定会被记者簇拥 而不是
we'd be surrounded by reporters, as opposed to...
无论这些是什么货色
...whoever these people are.
你该看看苏联下象棋的地方
You should see the places they play in the Soviet Union.
我正有此意
I'm planning on it.
你得先打败我
You have to get past me first.
我也正有此意
I'm planning on that, too.
本尼·瓦茨 伊丽莎白·哈蒙
第一天
第二天
第三天
瓦茨
哈蒙
多数选手 他们缺乏对自己判断的勇气
Now, most players, they lack the courage in their convictions.
关键在于不能踌躇不决
The key is to not be tentative.
下棋时你必须拥有绝对的自信
You have to play with absolute confidence.
从第一步我就能看出
I can tell, on the first move,
对方是否有那个信心和勇气
whether someone's got that or they don't,
仅从他们第一步棋的步法就能看出
just from how they move that first piece.
对那些想追随你脚步的年轻象棋选手
What advice would you give to any young chess players
你有什么建议吗
who wanna follow in your footsteps?
我会让他们读我的书
I'd tell them to read my book.
显然
Obviously.
对 把里面的棋局都下一边
Yeah, play through all the games.
我还希望他们保持身材
You know, I'd tell them to get in shape.
多数人 他们想到象棋选手
Most people, they think about chess players,
就想到你这样的人
they think about people who look like you.
哈蒙
Harmon!
等等
Wait up.
剧集 | 女王的棋局(2020) | 导航列表