剧集 | 女王的棋局(2020) | 导航列表
15%吧
Let's make it 15%.
那样就是49元54分
Which would be 49 dollars and 54 cents.
之前梅休因的人就说你数学很好
They told me at Methuen you were marvelous at math.
"女学生在匹兹堡击败特级大♥师♥"
"Schoolgirl beats Grandmaster in Pittsburgh."
"观赛者惊叹于她新奇独到的战术"
"Onlookers were amazed at her youthful fine points of strategy."
"她展现出比同龄人多一倍的信心"
"She shows the assurance of a player twice her age."
这是国家认可了 亲爱的
That's national recognition, dear.
恐怕她又复发了
I'm afraid she's had a bit of a relapse.
医生想让她在卧床休息几天
The doctor wants to keep her in bed for a few more days.
我想她周一肯定会好多了
I'm sure she'll be better by Monday.
我见过孩子所患最严重的感冒了
One of the worst colds I've ever seen in a child.
可怜的小家伙
The poor dear.
我们要迟到了
We're gonna be late.
对
Yeah.
多多喝水
Lots of liquids.
-谢谢 -不客气
- Thank you. - You're Welcome.
过节时休斯顿有个锦标赛
There's a tournament in Huston over the holidays,
从26号♥开始
starting on the 26th.
我知道在圣诞节出门很容易
I understand it's very easy to travel on Christmas Day
因为大多数人都在家吃杏子布丁什么的
since most people are home eating plum pudding or whatever.
我也看到那个比赛了
I saw that one, too.
我想我们可以飞过去
I believe we could fly to Huston,
晒着太阳过个惬意的冬天
have a very pleasant winter vacation in the sun.
做点女孩的事
Do girly things.
我听说酒店有个很不错的水疗按♥摩♥
I hear they have a very lovely beauty spa at the hotel.
好的 母亲
Yes, Mother.
她高烧发到38.3度
She has a fever of 101.
肯定是流感
Must be the flu.
她要节日以后才能回来了
She won't be back until after the holidays.
美国国民航♥空♥
人们说你是神童
They're calling you a wunderkind.
我最好开始做个剪贴本了
I might have to start keeping a scrapbook.
你吃的如何
How's your meal?
这可能是我最快乐的一个圣诞节了
This might be the best Christmas I've ever had.
很好喝
It's good.
是马丁尼吗
Is that a martini?
吉布森鸡尾酒
Gibson.
我觉得洋葱比橄榄更小资
I find the onion slightly more refined than the olive.
苏联象棋锦标赛
瓦西里·博尔戈夫蝉联获胜
我或许该学学怎么说俄语
I should probably learn how to speak Russian.
费尔菲尔德教这个吗
Do they teach that at Fairfield?
我得去大专上夜校
I'd have to take a night class at the junior college.
那些孩子都会比你大
The kids would all be older than you.
而且所谓孩子 就是男孩
And by kids, I mean boys.
他们说你是货真价实的天才棋手
They say you're the real thing.
就这样 亲爱的 拿稳了让我们看到
That's it, honey, hold it up so we can see it.
你能告诉读者这种生活是怎样的吗
So, can you tell the readers of life how it feels?
一堆男人中只有你一个女孩
I mean, to be a girl among all those men?
我不介意
I don't mind it.
很吓人吗
Isn't it intimidating?
我还是女孩的时候 大人不让我争强好胜
I mean, when I was a girl, I wasn't allowed to be competitive.
我就玩玩娃娃
I played with dolls.
-象棋并不总是争强好胜 -对 但你是为了赢
- Chess isn't always competitive. - No, but you play to win.
对 不过象棋也可以
Yes, but chess can also be...
怎么
What?
很美
Beautiful.
你是个孤儿 贝丝
You're an orphan, Beth.
对 我知道
Yes, I know that.
不是 你当然知道
No, yes, of course you do.
我是想问你是怎么学会下棋的
I was wondering how you learned to play chess.
夏贝先生教我的
Mr. Shaibel taught me.
他以前是梅休因孤儿院的管♥理♥员♥
He was the janitor at Methuen.
一个管♥理♥员♥教你下象棋吗 真的假的
A janitor taught you how to play? Really?
在我8岁的时候
When I was eight.
我猜
I imagine...
这在你阴郁沉闷的生活中
it must have been such a distraction from life
肯定让你快乐了不少
in such a depressing place.
你肯定很寂寞
You must have been very lonely.
我不介意一个人
I'm fine being alone.
你是否把王想成父亲
Do you imagine that you saw the king as a father,
把后想成母亲呢
and the queen as a mother?
一个进攻 另一个保护
I mean, one to attack, one to protect?
它们只是棋子
They're just pieces.
反正最开始吸引我的是棋盘
And anyway it was the board I noticed first.
棋盘
The board?
对
Yes.
那是个由6♥4♥个方格组成的世界
It's an entire world of just 6♥4♥ squares.
我感觉
I feel...
在里面很安全
safe in it.
我能控制它 我能主宰它
I can control it, I can dominate it.
而且可预料
And it's predictable.
如果我受伤了 那也只能怪自己
So, if I get hurt, I only have myself to blame.
真有意思
How interesting.
告诉我 伊丽莎白
Tell me, Elizabeth.
你听说过幻想性错觉吗
Have you ever heard of something called apophenia?
没有 那是什么
No, what's that?
是找到别人看不到的模式或意义
It's the finding of pattern or meaning where other people don't.
有时 还有这种症状的人会有
Sometimes, people with this condition get feelings
陶醉或狂喜的情绪
of revelation or ecstasies.
有时 他们会寻找根本不存在的模式或意义
Sometimes, people find patterns or meaning where there aren't any.
这跟我有什么关系
What does that have to do with me?
创造力和精神分♥裂♥经常同时出现
Creativity and psychosis often go hand in hand.
或换句话说 天才在左疯子在右
Or, for that matter, genius and madness.
你觉得我疯了吗
You think I'm crazy?
-不 当然不是 我只是想问 -我觉得差不多了
- No, of course not. I was just asking-- - I think that's enough.
贝丝还有作业
Beth has homework to finish.
她毕竟还是个上学的孩子
She is, after all, still a young woman in school.
-就像她的同龄人一样 -当然
- Just like all the other kids her age. - Yes, of course.
-很荣幸见到你 -谢谢
- It was an honor to meet you. - Thanks.
知道吗
You know...
你该学学桥牌
you might try bridge.
-我听说很多象棋手喜欢玩 -我送你出去
- I hear a lot of chess players enjoy it. - I'll show you out.
象棋女王贝丝·哈蒙
"对一些人而言 象棋是消遣"
"With some people, chess is a pastime."
"而其他人 是强迫症 甚至是上瘾"
"With others, it is a compulsion, even an addiction."
"然而时不常的 会出现这样一个人
"And every now and then, a person comes along
于他而言象棋是天命"
for whom it is a birthright."
时不常的 会有个小男孩
Now and then, a small boy appears
用他的天赋和早慧
and dazzles us with his precocity,
在世上最难的游戏上惊诧众人"
at what may be the world's most difficult game."
"但如果这个男孩其实是女孩呢"
"But what if that boy were a girl?"
"一位年轻 寡笑的女孩 有着棕色瞳仁
"A young, unsmiling girl, with brown eyes,
姜红头发 身穿深蓝裙装"
red hair, and a dark blue dress?"
我们有象棋社了
We started a chess club.
"在这个男人主宰的世界
"Into the male-dominated world
全国顶级象棋锦标赛中
of the nation's top chess tournaments,
闯入一位带着明亮坚毅眼神的少女
strolls a teenage girl with bright, intense eyes,
她来自肯塔基州莱克星顿的费尔菲尔德高中"
from Fairfield High School in Lexington, Kentucky."
"她少言寡语 彬彬有礼
"She is quiet, well-mannered,
在棋场大开杀戒"
and out for blood."
"贝丝·哈蒙"
"Beth Harmon... "
写我的呢
Where was I?
突然全是希腊文了
It's all Greek, all of a sudden.
没事 我听够了
It's okay, I've heard enough.
不知道为什么我的身体这么执意要摧毁我的脑子
I don't know why my body is so intent on sabotaging my brain,
明明我的脑子完全能自我摧毁
when my brain is perfectly capable of sabotaging itself.
大多是关于我是个女孩
It's mostly about my being a girl.
你的确是
Well, you are one.
但这点不该这么重要
It shouldn't be that important.
我说的话 他们一半都没写
They didn't print half the things I said.
他们没说夏贝先生
They didn't tell about Mr. Shaibel,
剧集 | 女王的棋局(2020) | 导航列表