剧集 | 林肯律师(2022) | 导航列表
被告律师什么都无法实现 他唯一的目的就是把水搅浑
There is nothing counsel can achieve here. His only goal is to muddy the waters.
抱歉 法官大人 但是如果法庭
Apologies, Your Honor, but if the court would indulge me
能给我五分钟时间
for just five minutes,
我可以证明这位证人可以提供
I can demonstrate that this witness has testimony to offer,
与本案高度相关的证词
which is highly relevant to the matter at hand.
传唤你的证人吧 哈勒先生 不过我会给你计时的
Call your witness, Mr. Haller. But I'm watching the clock.
重点在于威胁到格兰特的名声
This whole thing depends on putting Grant's reputation on the line.
需要让他感觉整个城市都在看着
He needs to feel like the whole city is watching.
格兰特先生 您是承包商 对吗
Uh, Mr. Grant, you're a contractor. Is that correct?
是的
Yes.
任何开车经过洛杉矶的人 都见过您的名字
Anyone driving through Los Angeles has seen your name
它印在无数的建筑起重机和拖车上
on countless construction cranes and trailers.
您很成功
You're quite successful.
还行吧
I do okay.
最近的商业地♥产♥繁荣 对您的生意很有助益吧
The recent commercial real estate boom has been very good for your business?
法官大人… -快点吧 哈勒先生
Your Honor… -Move it along, Mr. Haller.
要让他真正紧张 我们就得揪住他最大的项目
To really make him sweat, we need to go after his biggest project.
听说你们有可能 为2028年洛杉矶奥♥运♥会
Is it true that you're in the running to potentially build the Athletes' Village
建造奥♥运♥村 这是真的吗
for the Los Angeles Olympic Games in 2028?
现在这样说还为时尚早
Well, I don't like to get ahead of myself,
但是没错 我们进入最后一轮竞标了
but yes, we've made it to the final round of bidding.
祝您好运
Good luck to you.
但是您不打算跟本案受害者
But that's not a project you were partnering
米切尔邦迪兰特合作此项目 是吧
with the victim in this case, Mitchell Bondurant?
是啊 没错
No, it is not.
但您和邦迪兰特先生 有长♥期♥的业务关系 是吧
But you did have a long-standing business relationship with Mr. Bondurant?
多年来 他和我的公♥司♥合作过许多项目
He has engaged my firm on a number of projects over the years.
事实上 您为邦迪兰特先生 建造过十几处房♥产
In fact, you built over a dozen properties for Mr. Bondurant.
商业地♥产♥ 住♥宅♥…
Commercial, residential--
反对 很多人都跟 米切尔邦迪兰特合作过
Objection! Many people worked with Mitchell Bondurant.
我不知道这跟本案有什么关系
I don't know what this has to do with the case.
如果可以给我一点时间 法官大人 我可以证明相关性
If you give me a moment, Your Honor, I can demonstrate the relevance.
格兰特先生 这是米切尔邦迪兰特
Now, Mr. Grant, this is an email
在今年1月10日发给您的邮件
that Mitchell Bondurant sent to you on January 10th of this year.
您能读一下高亮部分吗
Would you mind reading the highlighted portion?
“如果我们无法就条款达成一致
"If we cannot come to an agreement on terms,
我将别无选择 只能通过适当的法律渠道
I will have no choice but to pursue this matter
来处理此事
through the appropriate legal channels."
包括向我们的贷款机构报告
"This includes reporting it to our lenders,
根据联邦法律 作为受托人 有义务报告…
which, as fiduciaries, are required under federal law to rep--
任何可疑事件”
to report any suspicious activity."
您能向法庭解释一下
Would you explain to the court
邦迪兰特先生提到的 是什么可疑活动吗
what suspicious activity Mr. Bondurant was alluding to?
只要你让他念出邮件
Once you get him to read the email,
法官就会让他作证 否决他的动议
the judge will make him testify, and she'll deny the motion.
希望如此 但也有可能 格兰特会拒绝回答问题 而不愿冒险
Hopefully, but it's possible Grant will plead the fifth rather than risk it.
如果他那样做呢 -那我们完蛋了
And what if he does? -Then we're screwed.
这家伙就是我们的稻草人
This guy's our straw man.
没有他 我们就会输 我们没有其他人去转移火力了
Without him, we'll lose. We've got no one else to blame this on.
在庭审开始前 我们不能失去他 我需要让他面对陪审团
We can't lose him before the trial starts. I need to get him in front of a jury.
需要再重复一遍问题吗 格兰特先生
Would you like me to repeat the question, Mr. Grant?
法官大人 我想请求休庭 以便与我的当事人协商
Your Honor, I'd like to request a recess so that I may confer with my client.
简短点 齐默先生
Make it brief, Mr. Zimmer.
你要押宝在 亚历克斯格兰特不会拒绝回答上
You're gambling this entire case on Alex Grant not taking the Fifth?
你疯了吗
Are you insane?
闭嘴吧
Stop it! Just stop.
这就像把全部赌注押在一手烂牌上
It's like going all in with a pair of twos.
劳娜 有时候烂牌也能赢
Sometimes, Lorna, a pair of twos wins.
有时候 一手烂牌谁都赢不了
Sometimes, a pair of twos loses to, like, a hundred other hands.
这家伙想做奥♥运♥会的工程 劳娜
This guy wants that Olympics job, Lorna.
在审前听证会上 拒绝进行回答会引发无数疑问的
Pleading the Fifth in a pretrial hearing will raise a thousand questions.
他在隐藏什么
What is he hiding?
他到底有什么罪行
What could be so incriminating
才会拒绝在一场 他自称无关的庭审中作证呢
that he would refuse to testify at a trial that he says has nothing to do with him?
所以我们需要媒体在场 我是说 那是原因之一
That's why we need all the press. I mean, that's one reason.
另一个原因呢
And the other reason?
隔墙有耳
The walls have ears.
有时候 我觉得
Sometimes, I think…
你是脑袋有病
…you are sick in the head.
齐默先生 你和委托人充分沟通了吗
Mr. Zimmer, have you and your client conferred sufficiently enough?
是的
Yes.
法官大人 格兰特先生决定
Your Honor, against the advice of counsel,
不顾律师建议 撤回他的动议
Mr. Grant has decided to withdraw his motion.
虽然他与邦迪兰特先生之死毫无关系
Now, while he had nothing to do with Mr. Bondurant's death,
他现在已经意识到 在庭审中
he is now aware that that will be made abundantly clear
哈勒先生向他提问时 他会自证清白
when Mr. Haller asks him questions at trial.
抱歉浪费法庭的时间了
We apologize for wasting the court's time.
我一定会把这话 转告给我们保龄球队的其他队员的
I'll be sure to relay that to the other members of my bowling team.
很好 闭庭
Very well. We're adjourned.
我困惑了 这样对我们有好处吗
I'm confused. Is that good for us?
非常有
Very.
哈勒先生 弗里曼小姐 请去我的办公室一趟
Mr. Haller, Miss Freemann… My chambers.
恭喜你 哈勒先生 你追到车了
Congratulations, Mr. Haller. You caught the car.
法官大人 您是什么意思
Uh, excuse me, Your Honor?
你知道的 狗狗追车 终于追到了
You know, the dog who actually catches the car he's been chasing?
现在他要怎么做呢
What is he gonna do with it?
谢谢你帮忙解释 弗里曼小姐
Court appreciates your help, Miss Freemann.
我是想说 哈勒先生 虽然一封电子邮件
My point, Mr. Haller, is that while one email may have been enough
可能足以促使格兰特先生作证
to goad Mr. Grant into testifying,
但不足以证明他与此案有关
it is not enough to prove he is relevant to this case.
在弗里曼小姐继续抢话以前
And before Miss Freemann sucks any more air out of the room,
我只想说 我倾向于同意
let me just say that I will be inclined
她对证人出庭作证的反对意见
to agree with her objections to this witness at trial
除非你能更彻底地 把这些线索联♥系♥起来
unless you connect the dots more thoroughly.
“更彻底”
"More thoroughly"?
找到其他证据 证明亚历克斯格兰特牵扯本案
Find something else to suggest Alex Grant's involvement.
只要你还想 在庭审中以此辩护 明白了吗
That is, if you want to use this defense at trial. Understood?
是的 法官大人 会有值得陪审团聆听的故事的
Yes, Your Honor. There's a story the jury deserves to hear.
我向您保证 -希望足够有说服力吧
You have my word. -Let's hope it's a compelling one.
如果没有其他事了…
Now, if there's nothing else…
谢谢 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
法官大人
Your Honor.
嘿 怎么样
Hey. -How'd it go?
我们小胜一局
We won the battle.
如果我想不出别的办法 我们可能会输掉整场大战
If I can't come up with something else, we might lose the war.
是的 也许这会有帮助
Yeah? Well, maybe this will help.
你说得对 亨利达尔 和亚历克斯格兰特之间确实有联♥系♥
You were right. There is a connection between Henry Dahl and Alex Grant.
你发现什么了
What did you find?
你知道格兰特的那些空壳公♥司♥吧
You know Grant has all those shell companies?
其中一家内部持股公♥司♥ 名叫“泛媒体” 主要投资娱乐项目
One of them is an S Corp named PanMedia. Mainly invested in entertainment projects.
这个人就是 这家公♥司♥的总裁 他叫大卫韦伯
And this guy is the president of that company. David Webber.
大卫韦伯是谁
Who's David Webber?
他是亨利达尔 上一♥期♥播客的执行制片人
He's the executive producer of Henry Dahl's last podcast.
一♥期♥叫“贫民窟罗曼史”的播客
Something called "Skid Row-mance?"
贫民…天啊 干得好 西斯科
Skid-- Jesus. Great work, Cisco.
所以现在该怎么做
So, now what?
充分利用这条线索 来吧
Now we use it. Come on.
嘿 伊基
Hey, Izzy?
这是瑞伊给我的现金
Here's the cash Ray gave me.
我按你说的 戴橡胶手套了 但我还是不明白为什么
I wore rubber gloves like you said. Still don't get why though.
如果我没猜错 这些现金上满是亨利达尔的指纹
If I'm right, Henry Dahl's fingerprints are all over this cash,
这就证明 是他付钱给瑞伊去偷合同的
which proves he paid Ray to steal that contract.
西斯科能比对指纹吗
Can Cisco run the prints?
我觉得不至于到那一步 另外跟你说 这笔钱还是你的
I don't think it'll come to that. So you know, this money is still yours.
我不想要
I don't want it.
我可不会把钱还给亨利
I'm not giving it back to Henry.
你没做错任何事 伊基
You did nothing wrong, Izzy.
你不应该为别人的错误买♥♥单
You shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistake.
(闹钟)
你有水吗
You got water?
嘿 是有关于案子的消息吗
剧集 | 林肯律师(2022) | 导航列表