剧集 | 林肯律师(2022) | 导航列表
The foundation is in the email.
可以给陪审团读一下高亮的部分吗
Could you read the highlighted portion for the jury, please?
“如果我们无法就条款达成一致
"If we cannot come to an agreement on terms,
我将别无选择 只能通过适当的法律渠道
I will have no choice but to pursue this matter
来处理此事
through the appropriate legal channels."
包括向我们的贷款机构报告 根据联邦法律 作为受托人
"This includes reporting it to our lenders, which, as fiduciaries,
有义务报告任何可疑事件”
are required under federal law to report any suspicious activity."
好吧 米切尔邦迪兰特打算 向联邦调查局告发亚历克斯格兰特
Okay, so Mitchell Bondurant was gonna rat Alex Grant out to the feds
他本来要告发他的可疑行为 结果…
for suspicious activity unless he--
反对 纯属推测
Objection. Speculation.
反对有效
Sustained.
我换一种表达
I'll rephrase.
鉴于这封邮件的内容 警探
Given the contents of this email, Detective,
你们为什么没有 把亚历克斯格兰特列为嫌疑人
why didn't you consider Alex Grant as a suspect?
我们考虑过所有人 但这是商业纠纷
We considered everyone, but this is a business dispute.
没有证据显示格兰特先生有过错
There's no evidence Mr. Grant was involved in any wrongdoing.
所以如果有不法行为的证据 就可能改变这种情况
So, if there was evidence of wrongdoing, that might change the situation?
奥布莱恩警探 你了解联邦调查局的传唤通知书吗
Detective O'Brien, do you know what an FBI target letter is?
反对 法官大人 可否近前讨论
Objection, Your Honor. Sidebar.
来吧
Here we go.
即使这是合法证据 我对此表示怀疑
Even if this is legitimate, which I doubt,
庭审都进行到这时候了 也不应该采纳了
this shouldn't be admissible this late in the game.
让我解释一下延误的原因
Let me explain the delay.
有人给我留了一份这封信的副本
Someone left me a copy of the letter.
匿名报料人 -不是吧
An anonymous source. -Seriously?
我必须进行确认 就像弗里曼小姐 推迟公布手套证据那样
I had to confirm it like Miss Freemann delayed notice of the gloves
因为她必须检测和确认
because she had to test and verify them.
他说得有道理 弗里曼小姐
He's got a point, Miss Freemann.
那我请求给我一天时间 来亲自确认真伪
Then I'd ask to give me until tomorrow to confirm the authenticity myself.
赶在午餐结束之前吧 我们今天必须完成证人问询
I'll give you till the end of lunch, but we're finishing this witness today.
谢谢 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
我们可以沿着这面墙装镜子 将把杆装在那里
We can do the mirrors along this wall, put the barres there.
完美
It's perfect.
我等不及了
I can't wait.
我们说好的 这是前两个月的房♥租 我什么时候可以搬进来
First two months' like we agreed. When can I move in?
租金有变化了
There's been an adjustment to the rent.
什么变化
What kind of adjustment?
房♥租涨到每月1.5万元了 所以我需要一张3万的支票
The rent's gone up to 15,000 a month. So I would need a check for 30,000--
等等
Whoa, whoa. Hold on.
瑞伊重新谈到1万了 卡洛斯 已经说好了的
Ray renegotiated 10,000, Carlos. 10,000. That was the deal.
那是几个月前的事了 这附近的租金已经飙升了
That was months ago. Rents have shot up in this neighborhood.
跟你们交易只是选择之一
And your deal was only an option.
我给她足够的时间去筹钱了
I gave her plenty of time to come up with the money,
但我必须根据市场情况做出调整
but I have to adjust to market conditions.
真不敢相信 -再给你们一周时间
I can't believe this. -The option's good for another week.
如果你们能拿出剩下的钱 这里就还租给你们
It's still yours if you can come up with the rest of the money.
就算我能拿出来 我也承受不起每月1.5万的房♥租
Even if I could, I don't think I can cover 15K a month.
1万已经是极限了
Ten is as high as I can go.
那我只能重新挂牌了 对不起
Then I'll have to put the space back on the market. I'm sorry.
怎么说
Well?
联邦调查局确认那封信了
The Bureau confirmed the letter.
看吧
There you go.
但我基于关联性的 反对理由依然成立 法官大人
But my objection on the grounds of relevance still stands, Your Honor.
关联性 单凭这封信
Relevance? Based on the letter alone,
我们可以推断 联邦大陪审团 正在调查一起建筑诈骗案
we can assume there's a federal grand jury looking into construction fraud.
也许亚历克斯格兰特 被传唤出庭作证了
And maybe Alex Grant has been called to testify.
这是真的吗 弗里曼小姐
Is that true, Miss Freemann?
我的理解是 大陪审团确实正在调查
My understanding is there is a grand jury investigation.
但据我所知 亚历克斯格兰特还没有被要求作证
But to my knowledge, Alex Grant has not been called to testify.
是的 暂时还没有
Yeah, well, not yet.
好吧
Fine.
哈勒先生 你已经把线索联♥系♥起来了 但是我警告你
You've connected the dots, Mr. Haller, but I am warning you.
别把这场庭审变成马戏团
Do not turn this trial into a circus.
只要你越界 从事实变成猜测
The minute you cross the line from fact to conjecture,
我就会打断你
I will cut you off.
希望你知道自己在做什么
Hope you know what you're doing.
谢谢 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
“致格兰特先生 本信旨在通知你
"Dear Mr. Grant, this letter is to inform you
你是联邦调查局
that you are a target of an FBI investigation
调查南加州建筑诈骗案的目标
into construction fraud in Southern California."
请注意 收到这封信后
"Receipt of this letter puts you on notice
不要销毁任何与你的业务有关的文件
to not destroy any documents related to your business."
我们会尽全力与你会面讨论此事
"We'll make every effort to meet with you to discuss this matter."
菲利克斯瓦斯奎兹特工签署”
"Signed Felix Vasquez, Special Agent."
信上的日期是什么时候
What's the date on the letter?
1月18日
January 18th.
米切尔邦迪兰特发给 亚历克斯格兰特的邮件是什么时候
And what's the date on the email Mitchell Bondurant sent to Alex Grant?
1月10日
January 10th.
米切尔邦迪兰特威胁 要向联邦调查局告发亚历克斯格兰特
So Mitchell Bondurant threatens to expose Alex Grant to the feds.
八天后 亚历克斯格兰特 收到了联邦调查局的通知书
Eight days later, Alex Grant gets a letter from the FBI
说他是调查目标
saying he's the target of an investigation?
怎么说
Well?
一周后 邦迪兰特被残忍♥杀害了
And a week after that, Bondurant is brutally murdered.
反对 这里真的有提问吗
Objection. Is there an actual question here?
反对有效
Sustained.
鉴于这样令人担忧的事实
Given this alarming fact,
你认为没有将亚历克斯格兰特 列为嫌疑人是合理的吗
do you think your failure to consider Alex Grant as a suspect was reasonable?
就像我之前说的 我们考虑过所有人
As I said before, we considered everyone.
显然没有考虑很久 你们在同一天逮捕了丽莎特拉梅尔
Not for very long, apparently. You arrested Lisa Trammell the same day.
证据都指向她 动机也很明确
That's who the evidence pointed to. The motive was clear.
“动机” 难道这些文件没有显示出
"Motive"? Don't these documents show
亚历克斯格兰特也有杀害 米切尔邦迪兰特的明确动机吗
that Alex Grant had a crystal clear motive to kill Mitchell Bondurant?
反对 争辩言词
Objection. Argumentative.
我想也可以这么解读 是的
I guess that's one way to interpret it. Yeah.
反对无效
Overruled.
你们的视野太狭窄了 是吧
You had tunnel vision.
你们找到容易对付的嫌疑人
You found an easy suspect,
就不再把注意力放在其他可能性上了
and you weren't gonna let anything distract you from that path.
不是的 我不知道传唤通知书的存在
No, no! I did not know about the target letter.
如果我知道 我…
And if I had, I--
如果你知道会怎么样 你会做出不同的选择吗
If you had, what? Would you have done things differently?
我依旧坚持我们的调查结果
I stand by our investigation and where it led.
我们抓到凶手了 -是吗
We got the right person. -Did you?
我问完了 法官大人
No further questions, Your Honor.
(圣塔莫尼卡高速公路)
典型的洛杉矶风格 是吧
That's LA for you, huh?
没人看到你住在哪里 只看到你开什么车
Nobody sees where you live. They just see what you drive.
总要装门面 是吧
I gotta keep up appearances, right?
我本来想搬家的 但我还不能用播客赚钱 对吧
I was hoping to move, but I can't cash in on my podcast yet, can I?
为什么不问问你的投资人 他为亚历克斯格兰特效力
Why don't you ask your investor who works for Alex Grant?
他叫什么名字 大卫韦伯
What's his name? David Webber?
听着 我知道你不相信我
Look, I know that you don't believe me,
但我发誓我不知道 他们要把这件事栽赃给丽莎
but I swear, I had no idea they were trying to put this on Lisa.
否则我绝对不会那样做
I never would've done that.
你知道什么并不重要 重要的是你是怎么做的
Doesn't matter what you knew. What matters is what you do.
你想让我告诉他什么
What do you want me to tell him?
你告诉他 亚历克斯格兰特没什么好担心的
That Alex Grant has nothing to worry about.
我们不是想把矛头指向他
We're not trying to point a finger at him.
那些人不傻 你觉得他们没有派人监视你吗
These guys aren't stupid. You think they don't have people watching you?
肯定有的 但他们会相信自己的线人
I'm sure they do, but they'll trust their inside man,
所以告诉他 我们没有 针对亚历克斯格兰特的确凿证据
so tell him we don't have anything concrete on Alex Grant.
只是障眼法
It's just smoke and mirrors.
告诉他 我们只想证明 米切尔邦迪兰特就是一个混♥蛋♥
Tell him all we're trying to do is show that Mitchell Bondurant was an asshole.
很多人都想让他死
That a lot of people wanted him dead.
所以亚历克斯格兰特被传唤出庭 那也没什么好担心的
So Alex Grant has nothing to worry about if he takes the stand.
你觉得他会相信吗 -是的 我指望着呢
And you think he's gonna buy that? -Yeah, I'm counting on that.
好吧 我会去说的
All right. I'll do it.
亨利 记住
Henry, just remember,
如果你想有机会拿回你的钱
if you want any chance to recoup your money
从播客中获得收益 那就照我说的做
and get anything out of that podcast, do exactly as I say.
别搞砸了
Don't fuck this up.
剧集 | 林肯律师(2022) | 导航列表