莱尔德的妈妈来了
I don't ever want to feel
Like I did that day
Take me to the place I love
Take me all the way
I don't ever want to feel
Like I did that day
Take me to the place I lo...
伙计们 拜托
Fellas, please.
佩妮 别这样
Penny, come on.
我们刚润好嗓子
We were just finding our sound.
确实
You found it.
听起来就像被割草机碾过的猫叫
It's the sound of a cat being run over by a lawn mower.
我真的很忙
I'm really very busy.
有没有办法延期
Is there any way that we can put this off
好让我有时间准备
until I have more time to prepare?
当然
Of course.
但你知道我害怕
But, uh, you understand my trepidation.
怎么回事
What's that about?
没头绪
Not a clue.
不能推迟到春季吗
Can't we just postpone it till the spring?
或者明年夏天
Maybe next summer?
这个很容易推断
This should be fairly easy to deduce.
他用左耳听电话
He's holding the phone to his left ear.
耳朵受同侧脑半球控制 他在用理性
Ears do not cross hemispheres, so he's using the analytical
而不是感性的大脑半球 表明
rather than the emotional side of the brain, suggesting that
他与来电方无私人感情
he has no personal relationship with the caller.
不 我没发现有这么久了
No, I didn't realize it had been so long.
当然 我看也没别的选择了 只好硬着头皮上了
Sure, I guess there's no other choice but to just go ahead and do it.
他提到的是他以前做过的事
He's referring to an activity he has done before.
令人不爽 还得反复做
It's unpleasant and needs to be repeated.
这就说明是某种
This suggests some sort of
侵入性医学检查 很可能是结肠镜检查
invasive medical test, like perhaps a colonoscopy.
没别的选择吗
Aren't there any other options?
空间不大
There's not a lot of room.
会很不舒服的
It's gonna be uncomfortable.
没错 没错
Yes, yes.
绝对是结肠镜检查
I'm definitely going with colonoscopy.
好的 拜
Okay, bye.
我母亲要来了
My mother's coming to visit.
怎么样 你说对了
How about that, you were right.
《生活大爆炸》
第二季 第15集
电梯故障了
It's out of order.
知道 我看到提示了
Yes, I can read the sign.
我在思考其含义
I'm just pondering the implications.
含义就是电梯坏了
I think it implies that the elevator doesn't work.
再说一次 我看到提示了
Again, I can read the sign.
但提示和带子上都积了一层灰
But the sign and the tape are coated with a layer of dust,
表明电梯不能用
which indicates that the elevator has been nonfunctional
有好长时间了
for a significant amount of time.
这就说明要么这楼的 24到36户人家 我假设的
Which suggests either a remarkable passivity among the, I assume,
基于邮箱的个数
24 to 36 residents of this building,
和典型的城市人口密度得出的
based on the number of mailboxes
都特别懒散
and given typical urban population density
要么都同时产生功能性错觉
or a shared delusion of functionality.
你一定是莱纳德的母亲
You must be Leonard's mother.
我不确定我一定是 但没错
Oh, I don't know if I must be, but yes.
我是佩妮 他的邻居
Uh, I'm Penny. I'm his neighbor.
贝芙莉·霍夫斯塔德博士
Oh, Dr. Beverly Hofstadter.
很高兴认识你
Oh, nice to meet you.
你喜欢握手 有趣
Oh, you're a hand shaker. Interesting.
跟我来吧
Uh, why don't you come with me.
-我带你去他公寓 -好的
I'll walk you to the apartment. Oh, all right.
路上可以寒暄寒暄吗
Would you like to exchange pleasantries on the way?
当然 我想可以
Yeah, sure, I guess.
好的 你先说
All right, you start.
好的
Okay.
我总是很好奇
You know, I've always been curious.
莱纳德小时候什么样子
What was Leonard like when he was little?
我猜你是说年幼时
Oh, I think you mean young.
他一直很小[个子矮小]
He's always been little.
好的
Right, okay.
他年幼时什么样子
What was he like when he was young?
你得说得更具体些
You'll have to be more specific.
好的 大约5 6岁时
Um, okay, like, five or six.
5岁
Five.
在那个年纪 他正陷于
Oh, well, at that age, he was well enmeshed
被弗洛伊德称之为
in what Freud would call the phallic stage
性心理发展的阴♥茎期
of psychosexual development.
当然是过气的理论 但这孩子的确
An outmoded theory, of course, but the boy did spend
醒着的大部分时间都紧紧地抓着"小弟弟"
most of his waking hours with a tight grasp on his penis.
莱纳德提过你以前是精神病医生
Yeah, Leonard mentioned you were a psychiatrist.
是我的学位之一
Well, that is one of my degrees.
我的主修是神经系统学
My primary field is neuroscience.
我是个演员
Well, I'm an actress.
为什么
Why?
什么为什么
What do you mean why?
有研究表明很多从事
Well, there are studies that suggest that many who go into
演艺事业的人都受外界认同的煎熬
the performing arts suffer from an external locus of identity.
我不知道那是什么意思
Yeah, I don't know what that means.
就是说只有别人看重你时 你才看重自己
Well, it means you value yourself only as others value you,
一般是童年情感需要得不到满足的结果
which is often the result of unmet childhood emotional needs.
我有个很棒的童年
Oh, well, I had a wonderful childhood.
和我说说
Tell me about it.
我知道我爸爸想要个男孩
I know my dad wanted a boy.
我就拼命让自己变成运动能手
I-I just, I tried being good at sports,
但我讨厌脏兮兮的
but I hated getting dirty!
之后 我猜 你进入青春期
And then, I'm assuming, you entered adolescence.
在我戴上少女乳罩前 他一直称我为强击手
He called me Slugger until I got my first training bra.
之后就不再和我一起打球
And then he just stopped playing catch with me.
我也不再是强击手了
I wasn't Slugger anymore.
你母亲来了
Your mother's here!
如果你想和那女孩性♥交
If you want to have intercourse with that girl,
查一下她父亲用哪种古龙水就行
find out what kind of cologne her fathore.
妈妈 很高兴见到您
Good to see you, Mother.
妈妈 您的茶沏好了
Here's your tea, Mother.
-乌龙茶 -是的
- Oolong? - Yes.
-散装的 不是茶包 -是的
- Loose, not bagged? - Yes.
-泡了三分钟 -是的
- Steeped three minutes? - Yes.
-百分之二的牛奶 -是的
- Two-percent milk? - Yes.
-分别加热 -是的
- Warmed separately? - Yes.
-一勺糖 -是的
- One teaspoon sugar? - Yes.
-粗糖 -是的
- Raw sugar? - Yes.
已经凉了
It's cold.
我重头再来
I'll start again.
我也觉得他有问题
I have the same problem with him.
我的理论是他不够专注
My theory is that his lack of focus
因为性♥欲过剩
stems from an over-developed sex drive.
我真不知道他是从哪遗传的
Oh, I don't know where he would've gotten that.
在我和他父亲圆满的婚姻之余
Aside from a pro forma consummation of our marriage,
我们只为了生育下一代 而进行性行为
his father and I only had intercourse for the purposes of reproduction.
这种安排太有效率了
That seems a fairly efficient arrangement.
我们也这么认为
Yes, we think so.
我们都因此发表了论文
We've both done papers on it.
我的论文是从神经系统科学的角度写的
Mine from the neuroscientific point of view
他父亲是从人类学的角度
and his from an anthropological.
当然 只有我的论文值得一读
Mine, of course, was the onlyne worth reading.
必然的
Of course.
我很有兴趣拜读您的性生活
I would very much like to read about your sex life.
我放在网上了 你也可以
Well, it's all online or you can order it
从普林斯顿大学出版社订购
from the Princeton University Press.
母亲 请喝茶
Here's your tea, Mother.
你们在聊什么呢
So, what are you guys talking about?
你父母性行为的频率
The frequency with which your parents had intercourse.
一流