剧集 | 欲望都市(1998) | 导航列表
Congratulations.
-在哪里公♥证♥的? -巴尼百货
-Where are you registered? -Barney's.
我只是在开玩笑
I was kidding.
你呢 凯莉 结婚了吗?
So Carrie, how about you? Are you married?
也不算是…我的意思是还没有
Oh, not really. I mean, no!
我们想的是同一件事吗?
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
-好极了 -什么事?
-Perfect! -What?
我们想要一个孩子
Well, Lou and I are interested in having a child.
我们已经找到人代产了 但还需要一颗健康的卵子
We already have a surrogate, but we need a top-notch egg.
你愿意捐赠吗?
What are your feelings about donating one?
这是我们的名片
Well, listen, here's our card.
考虑一下再联络我们
You think about it and give us a call.
若你愿意 我们会付钱
-We'll pay. -Yeah.
真高兴见到你
Great seeing you.
我刚遭受千禧年的第一个打击
I had just experienced single bashing for the new millennium.
朋友已经不把我当人看了
I was no longer even considered a person.
我成了卵子繁殖场
I was now an egg farm.
此时 在市中心
Meanwhile, in a park downtown,
另一名单身女子也将遭到羞辱
another single woman was about to be humiliated.
米兰达被迫参加公♥司♥的年度垒球比赛
Miranda was obliged to attend her firm's annual softball game.
律师事务所办的垒球比赛 和一般比赛没什么两样
A law firm softball game is like any other,
但若律师盗垒成功 便能获得升迁
except when a lawyer steals a base, he gets promoted.
米兰达 我还以为你不会来
Miranda. I was afraid you wouldn't come.
好了 走吧
All right, let's get it over with.
由于担心被公♥司♥同事视为异类
Panicked at the idea of spending another firm function labeled as a leper,
米兰达和刻意安排的对象约会
Miranda had agreed to be fixed up on a blind date.
米兰达 见过席德
Miranda, this is Syd.
席德 这位是米兰达
Syd, Miranda.
你们简直是天生一对
Look at you two. It's like the perfect match.
我要先走一步
Well, I'm gonna excuse myself.
-幸会 -幸会
-Nice to meet you. -You too.
我要去买♥♥杯汽水
I tell you what, I'm gonna get a soda.
你要喝吗?
-You want a soda? -Yeah.
我现在就去买♥♥
I'm gonna get us a soda. Okay.
杰夫
Jeff!
还不错 对吗? 我很会看人不是吗?
Pretty great, huh? Can I pick 'em or what?
没错 但我不是同性恋
Yeah, I'm not gay.
真的吗?
Seriously?
我已经八个月
I've been with the firm eight months,
没见过你交男朋友了
I haven't once seen you with a guy.
那只是巧合 杰夫 我是单身女郎
Circumstantial, Jeff. I'm single.
天啊 单身怎么会被视为同性恋?
Christ, when did being single translate into being gay?
难不成你要我过去…
Uh, do you want me to go over there and...
算了 我自己解决
No, I'll do it.
勇敢的米兰达大步走过去 告诉席德她不是同性恋
Brave Miranda marched right over and told Syd she wasn't.
她们相觑大笑并决定一起打球
They had a good laugh and decided to stay and play ball.
米兰达和席德最后一局演出双杀 成为场中的焦点
Miranda and Syd's last inning double play got the attention of everyone,
连公♥司♥的资深股东都…
even the firm's senior partner.
真精彩 女士们
That was quite a play, ladies.
全靠团队合作 查尔斯
It's all about teamwork, Charles.
-叫我契普 -契普
-Uh, Chip. -Chip.
我们夫妻十二号♥要办一个派对
Listen, my wife and I are having a little dinner party on the 12th,
只邀请了几对夫妻 是个普通的派对
just some couples, nothing fancy.
希望你们也能来
We'd love it if you both could make it.
乐意之至
We'd love to.
那天晚上 米兰达对我大吐苦水
Later that night, Miranda gave me the lowdown on her day.
你想这是因为 他们以为你们是一对吗?
So you think it's just because they think that you're in a couple?
我知道 两年以来
I know it. I've been with the firm for two years.
我们鲜少交谈
He's barely even spoken to me.
他却突然要我叫他“契普”
All of a sudden, it's "Chip."
一个名叫契普的律师 令人不由得喜欢他
A lawyer named Chip, gotta love that.
他们好不容易了解我以后 好像松了一口气
And he seemed so relieved to have finally figured me out.
你真会赴宴吗?
So you're actually gonna go through with the dinner?
没错
Yup.
在公♥司♥里我需要战友
I'm determined to make partner in this firm
就算得当同性恋也再所不惜
even if I have to be a lesbian partner.
米兰达离去后 我想了一想
After Miranda left, I had a thought.
或许冷战的起因不是恨
Maybe the cold war isn't about hate.
而是恐惧 对于未知的恐惧
Maybe it's about fear, fear of the unknown.
已婚者并不恨单身贵族
Married people don't hate singles.
只是想“弄清楚”我们的想法
They just want us "figured out."
该是停止猜忌 渗透敌方阵营的时侯了
I felt it was time to stop all this speculation and infiltrate the enemy camp.
于是我和我最喜爱的夫妻档 大卫和莉莎共进午餐
Lunch with my favorite couple, David and Lisa.
与其说婚姻生活 我比较倾向说共同生活
Well, I don't think of us as married so much as together.
我们结婚了吗?
-Wait, are we married? -Uh, yeah.
记得当时你披上白纱 我们还收到很多餐具吗?
Remember that day you wore the white dress and we got all the flatware?
记得
Oh, yeah.
或许我不该再和其他男人约会
I guess I should stop seeing other men.
你呢?喜欢单身生活吗?
Hey. What about you? You like being single?
我觉得还不错
Yeah. Most of the time, yeah.
有时侯则不然 比如...
And then there are the other times, you know, like um,
像家庭聚会时
like family functions when you're the only one that's not married
得和小孩坐一桌
and they sit you at the kid's table.
或看你们用同一支叉子吃东西 我…
Or, um, or when you two eat off the same fork, I just...
那真是太甜蜜了
Oh, man, that's so sweet.
别哭出来
Don't start crying.
他很多愁善感
He's such a pussy.
你将来打算结婚 对吗?
But you do want to get married someday, right?
不知道
I don't know.
我觉得自己可能不适合结婚
I'm beginning to think I may not be the marrying kind.
真的吗?
Really?
话才刚说完…
No sooner had the words
我自己已经开始怀疑了
come out of my mouth then I wondered if they were true.
你们好
Hey!
你好 西恩
-Hey, Sean! -Hey!
好一个惊喜
What a surprise.
-见过凯莉 -幸会
-This is our friend, Carrie. -Hi.
我们正要吃甜点
We're just about to have dessert.
-要不要一起享用? -好
-Do you want to join us? -Uh, sure, sure.
我真是太意外了
This is such a surprise.
另一个让我讨厌单身的场合…
Another time I hate being single
就是已婚的朋友 “意外”帮你介绍对象
is when married friends "surprise" fix you up.
喝了两杯浓咖啡 吃了一个提拉米苏后
Two espressos and a tiramisu later,
我得知西恩是三兄弟中最小的
I had learned that Sean was the youngest of three brothers,
他有自己的投资公♥司♥
had his own investment firm
而且即将迁入新购置的公♥寓♥
and was about to move into an apartment he had just purchased.
你知道这全是安排好的 对吗?
You know this was a fix-up, right?
其实你进门前我就闻出来了
Oh, please, I could smell it before you walked in the door.
我父母是相亲结婚的
My parents met on a fix-up,
下个月是他们结婚41周年纪念
and they will be married 41 years next month.
真是美满
Wow, that's great.
这时我才了解到 他很期待结婚
It was then I realized, I was having coffee with the marrying guy.
结婚是这个魅力十足
That elusive and rare Manhattan man
曼哈顿男子的最终目标
whose sights were set on marriage.
我可以再约你出来吗?
So, Carrie...can I see you again?
当然可以
Sure.
接下来一周半的时间 我和西恩一起看了场电影…
Over the next week and a half, I met Sean for a movie...
又看了另一部电影
I met him for another movie.
我在威廉斯索诺玛 帮他挑了一个高级起司磨碎器
And I helped him pick out a top of the line cheese grater at Williams-Sonoma.
十二号♥我要办乔迁派对
Oh, my buddies are giving me a big housewarming on the 12th.
邀请你参加 带朋友一起来
You should come, and bring your friends.
听起来好像很有意思
Sounds like fun.
谢谢你陪我共度美好时光
Thanks for a great day.
他就像DKNY服饰活生生的翻版
He was like the flesh and blood equivalent of a DKNY dress.
虽然明知和自己的风格不合
You know it's not your style, but it's right there,
但顺便试穿也无妨
so you try it on anyway.
十二号♥当天晚上…
It was the night of the 12th.
一对假的女同性恋到纽约东区
On the East Side, a pseudo lesbian couple
出席一名共和党员的晚宴
attended a right-wing Republican dinner party.
你们来了
Hey!
西区则有三个单身女郎
剧集 | 欲望都市(1998) | 导航列表