That I've somehow forgotten what matters.
觉得我好像忘了什么才是重要的
For the love of God, I taught you what matters,
看在上帝份上 我教你什么才是重要的
you arrogant, pretentious, self-righteous, little jackass.
你这妄自尊大 自命不凡 自以为是的小混♥蛋♥
Are you hammering in the perfect spots for emphasis?
你是不是故意敲在关键词上来突出重点
I was trying to, yeah.
是的 我试着这么做
Well, it was just terrific. Thank you for that.
好的 很棒 谢谢你
And you, get the hell out of my office.
还有你 快滚出我的办公室
Yes, sir.
收到
As I left, I couldn't tell
在我离开的时候 我无法辨别
if that pounding was the Janitor's hammering
刚才的重击声是门卫敲墙发出的
or just the sound in my head of Dr. Cox finally being boxed in.
还是我脑海里Cox医生被禁锢的声音
Sometimes, all you can hope for is
有时你只能期望得到
a chance to breathe every now and then.
能够放松一下的机会
This is the Chief of Medicine.
我是医学主任
Well, that's fine. We will get together
行 那周四我们见个面
and discuss the NICU issue on Thursday then.
讨论神经外科加强监护病房♥的相关事宜
All righty.
好的
Are you finally finished with the project?
你终于完成你的伟大工程了吧
Yep. All done.
是的 搞定了
Uh-oh.
啊噢
Oh, boy!
噢天呐
I got the nail in there, but it's loose.
我将钉子钉那儿了 不过太松了
You know what? I'm gonna go get some putty.
我得去搞些油灰
If you just hold this right here, I'll be done in a second.
如果你将它扶在这儿 那么我很快就能搞定
For the love of God.
看在上帝份上
Just hold it level and tight.
水平固定住它
Bear the weight. Here.
小心重 好
Hold it right there. I'll be back in one minute.
保持在这个地方 我很快回来
You're doing great.
你做得很棒
So, that's what a Chief of Medicine does.
看来这就是医学主任的工作啊
Now what's with the lab coat, Bob?
Bob 你干嘛穿着白大褂
The old gal down in pharmacy doesn't know that I've retired,
药房♥那位熟♥女♥不知道我已经退休了
so she still hooks me up with free morning-after pills.
所以她还在给我免费的事后避孕药
Sir, I was just looking over the... Oh, dear God in heaven!
主任 我刚刚翻阅 噢 我的老天爷
Still got it.
我的威力不减嘛
How's the pulse, Ted?
Ted 脉搏还正常吧
Nothing.
没事
Why don't you go somewhere and lie down?
要不你去找个地方躺下
Nah. I don't need to go dressing on...
不 我不需要去穿上
So, the Janitor still doing the picture thing, huh?
看来门卫还在搞这玩意儿
I beg your pardon?
你再说一遍
Well, every time he would ask me for a real office, I'd say "No."
每次他问我要一间真正的办公室 我都会说不
So, now if anyone gets a nice new office,
所以 现在每当有人搬进新办公室的时候
he gets very angry and he uses that picture to drive them insane.
他就会变得很生气 用那幅画来逼疯别人
Now what the hell does a janitor need an office for anyway?
你说门卫到底需要办公室来干嘛
So you wanna discuss the urinal cake issue on Thursday, huh?
所以你想在周四谈谈如何在公共厕所搭讪的问题对吧
Let me check my calendar.
让我看下日程表先
All right, Steve. I'll...
好吧 Steve 我会
Huh?
啊
What did they do?
他们做了些什么
Oh. Hey. Good one. A little racist.
噢 嘿 不错 这个小种族主义者
Yeah, you...
是的 你
You know what? Just give my love to Darlene, okay?
替我向Darlene打个招呼 好吗
Real... Syphilis, huh?
真的吗 梅毒 啊
Well, that's...
好吧 真是
I'm not a doctor, Steve. But...
我不是医生 Steve 但
That seems unusual, even for syphilis.
你的症状对梅毒来说都太过凶残了
I can't believe they're just kicking him out.
真不敢相信他们要赶走他
Yeah.
没错
What happened to all that pull you have with Dr. Cox?
你不是说跟Cox医生交情很好吗
Look, he said his hands are tied on this one.
听着 他说他也束手无策
Poppycock. What?
胡诌 什么
That's old man for "Bullcrap."
那是老人家表达"胡扯"的说法
You're an odd duck, aren't you?
你是个怪胎 对吧
That's what they tell me, but I don't see it.
别人都这么说我 但我不觉得
So I asked Dr. Cox about
我已经请求Cox医生
hiring some extra nurses and he said "No."
多请几个护士 但他说不行
Did you really ask him
你真的问他了吗
or did you just compliment him on his new office?
还是只赞赏了他的新办公室
You know what? Frick them. Frick them? I'm one of them.
草他们 草他们干嘛 我也是他们其中之一
Yeah, but they're acting like a bunch of frickheads.
没错 但他们表现得像一群臭婊♥子♥
Sorry about all the F bombs.
抱歉骂了一堆脏话
I don't blame them for being frustrated at working here,
我不怪他们在这里工作受气
because a lot of the times, I feel the same way.
因为很多时候 我也感同身受
God, you are so clueless.
天啊 你还不懂我意思
You're not mad at me, you're just frustrated about something else
你没在生我气 你只是对他们感到郁闷
and you're taking it out on me.
然后发泄在我身上
I mean, it's like last night, when my favorite shoes
就像昨晚 当我最爱的那双鞋
made my toes bleed,
害得我脚趾头流血
and so I called you a frizzy-haired mega-bitch.
我就叫你卷毛大婊♥子♥那样
That's why we had to make the rule
所以我们才必须说好
that we can't just dump on each other
不能仅仅因为我们不爽其他员工
just 'cause we're pissy about other stuff.
就把气生在彼此身上
We need to cancel that rule.
我们要取消这条规定
Yeah, I agree. It was stupid. I hated it.
同意 确实很傻 我很讨厌它
Yeah, but, Elliot,
是的 但 Elliot
all nurses want is to be treated with the same respect
护士们希望自己能够跟你们医生一样
that you doctors get treated with every single day.
每天都能得到别人的尊重
I do that. You do with me.
我很尊重他们 你只尊重我
But what about all the other nurses? Like Barbara this morning.
但其他护士呢 像今早Barbara那样
Were you as respectful as you could have been?
你有像你能做到的那样去尊重她吗
And, ma'am, you should feel confident
还有 女士 对于注射克林霉素
in the decision to give you Clindamycin,
你可以完全放心
because it was made by someone who went to medical school
因为这个决定是由某位上过医学院的人作出的
and not someone who turned to nursing
而非某位当歌♥星失败后
after a failed career as a recording artist.
转行做护士的人给出的
And don't you dare try to kick-box me.
你最好不要想着踢我
Maybe not totally respectful.
或许没有那么的尊重人
When he gets a startle like the one I gave him earlier,
当他像刚刚那样被我吓到时
he usually sleeps about 18 hours.
一般会睡上个18小时
Have people been taking care of him since I left?
自从我离开后有人照顾他吗
We've all been pitching in,
我们都有出力
spending time with him, taking him on walks.
和他一起消磨时间 陪他散步
Who's a good boy?
小家伙表现真好
So, why are you so afraid to get all up in Dr. Cox's grill?
所以 你为什么那么害怕惹怒Cox医生
We both know
我们俩都清楚
he can occasionally be somewhat of a vengeful person.
他有时候报复心很强
This is demeaning. I know,
这太羞辱人了 我知道
but that's where I want the picture for the rest of the day.
但我今天就想那幅画在那个位置
Listen, if he wanted to
听着 如果他想
find a place to hide your patient, he could.
找到地方安置你的病人 他会设法做到的
He's just stressed and out of his elements,
他只是压力山大 不知所措
and, hell, he's scared.
还有 他很害怕
And even if he hasn't realized it,
尽管他还没有意识到这点
this job is changing him already,
这份工作已经在改变他了
because it comes with
因为随之而来的
a whole host of overwhelming responsibilities,
是一大堆令人喘不过气的责任
including keeping this hospital afloat.
包括维持这家医院的正常运转
I'd help him if he'd let me, but you know he won't.
只要他愿意 我可以帮他 但你知道他不可能愿意
When I was Chief, if Dr. Cox came to me
在我当主任的时候 一旦Cox医生来找我
and complained about something I would automatically say "No."
抱怨事情 我都会自动说"不"
And if he never complained again,
如果他没再跑来抱怨
I'd know it wasn't that important.
我就会知道事情没那么重要
But if he came back and fought for it over and over,
但如果他不断跑来我这儿 不屈不挠
I knew it was something that I'd have to take a look at.
我就知道这件事该引起我重视了
Now he's me,
现在他身处我的位置
and he's got this damn voice in his head
他脑海里有个该死的声音
telling him to say "No" all the time.
不断地提醒他说"不"
And he desperately needs someone on the other side
因此他迫切需要有个人站在另一边
to tell him what he should do,
提醒他做该做的事
剧集 | 实习医生风云(2001) | 导航列表