剧集 | 拉米 | 导航列表
How do you like your work?
我听说你在那里工作很长时间了
I heard you've been there for a long time.
抱歉我来晚了
Sorry I'm late.
妈 你邀请了纳西姆舅舅
Mom, you invited Uncle Naseem?
-是啊 -这他妈是搞什么
- Yeah. ‐ What the fuck is this?
法鲁克 你得把门锁上
Farouk, you have to lock the door.
这附近的移♥民♥太多了
There are so many immigrants in this neighborhood now.
愿你平安
As-salamu alaykum.
愿你平安
Uh, wa alaykumu s-salam.
你们也会这么说 是吧
You guys say that, yes?
是的
Yes.
还是说你更喜欢这样 不是吗
Do you prefer this? No?
不好意思 这位先生是哪位
I'm sorry, who is this gentleman?
抱歉
Uh, sorry.
这是我舅舅纳西姆
This is my Uncle Naseem
我不知道他要来
and I didn't know that he was coming.
我没邀请他
I‐‐I did not invite him.
他是我哥哥
He's my brother.
我要了解未来亲家的一切信息
I need all the information on who is joining this family.
幸会
Pleasure to meet you.
拉米兄弟经常提起你
Brother Ramy speaks of you often.
真♥主♥的旨意
Mashallah.
厉害
Impressive.
他还会说阿♥拉♥伯语
He speaks Arabic too.
纳西姆
Naseem.
你是在哪所监狱里皈依的
What prison did you convert in?
对不起 谢赫 我...
I'm sorry, Sheikh. I‐‐
我们都要对抗针对自己的刻板印象
We all battle our own stereotypes.
比如
For example,
黑人穆♥斯♥林♥群体常常
Muslims in the black community so often are
在宣扬伊♥斯♥兰♥教真正的教义时碰壁
frustrated trying to share the true teachings of Islam
因为有太多阿♥拉♥伯兄弟姐妹
when so many of our Arab brothers and sisters
在我们身边开酒水专卖♥♥店
open up liquor stores in our neighborhoods.
这种可耻的虚伪 让我们很难解释
The shameful hypocrisy is, um, difficult to explain away.
而且搞恐袭的也不是我们
We're also not the ones bombing stuff.
赞纳卜
Zainab.
从没这么想过
I never thought of it that way.
你好 我是赞纳卜
Hi. I'm Zainab, by the way.
愿你平安
Salams.
"愿你平安"
Salams.
不错 嘻哈风
Very cool. Very hip‐hop.
也许我们应该
Maybe we should go back
回到婚礼的话题
to the wedding talk
讨论一下开销
and discuss expenses.
妈 我觉得如果我们要办
Mom, I think, like, if we do move forward,
也是办个小型婚礼
we'll just do a small katb kitab.
我会尽量承担开销
I'll pay for as much of it as I can.
我也会承担一部分
Oh, and, um, I'm also gonna pay for some as well.
拉米 赞纳卜 你们想的很周到
Ramy, Zainab, that is very thoughtful,
但如果我们决定要...
but if we decide to take that step‐‐
行 法鲁克和我来出钱
Fine. Farouk and I will pay for this.
全包了
The whole thing.
妈 没人要你付全部费用
Mom, no one's asking you to pay for the whole thing.
只要你开心 要我做什么都行
I will do anything for you to be happy.
别这样 别这样好吗
Please stop. Stop what you're doing.
我出一半
I'll pay for half.
够了 纳西姆
我得实话实说
I have to be honest,
这比拉米娶个韩国人回家强多了
it's much better than Ramy bringing home a Korean.
我喜欢这兄弟 也喜欢他女儿
I like this brother. I like his daughter.
我真的很喜欢你们这些人创作的音乐
I really like the music your people make, you know?
我出一半
I will pitch in for half
法鲁克出另一半
and Farouk will cover the other half.
或者我们聊聊就好
Maybe we could just talk.
我知道你欠我很多钱 法鲁克
I know you owe me a lot of money, Farouk.
没关系 旧债新债加一起
It's okay. You just add this to the tab.
够了
Enough.
在这个家里 你们总是说个没完
You're all just talk, talk in this house.
但最后全得我来做
And I'm the one who has to do.
你们都有要求
You each want something
但实现要求是我的责任
and I'm responsible to make this thing happen.
比如楼上有条狗
Like there's a dog up there.
得有人去遛狗
Someone needs to walk her
免得它再糟蹋这房♥子
before she ruins the house even more.
谁去 是我
Who's the someone? It's me.
对了 那是你的狗
And by the way, that's your dog.
法鲁克
Farouk.
我觉得婚礼让他很兴奋
I think he's excited about the wedding.
爸
Dad.
怎么回事
What‐‐what's going on?
我失业了 拉米
I lost my job, Ramy.
八周前
你怎么什么都没说
妈知道吗
儿子 你不知道自己在做什么
别担心我 我在问你的事
我怎么可能不担心
担心是我的职责
我必须为你 你妈妈 你妹妹担心
担心是你的职责
对
做父亲的必须考虑到一切
When you're a father, you have to think of everything.
我知道我给了你很大压力 让你成熟起来 负起责任来
但我还是很高兴能看到你
看到你享受生活
随心所欲 不用承担责任
你对我的生活方式很满意
当然了
当我看着你和你妈妈还有你妹妹
When I look at you and your mom and your sister,
我想让你们享受现在的生活
I want you to enjoy living in the now.
我不能生活在现在
I cannot live in the now.
我必须生活在未来
I have to live in the future.
我必须看看未来会发生什么 做好计划
I have to see what's coming and plan,
保护你们
protect.
等你结婚了 你就必须活在未来了
我年轻的时候
梦想成为足球运动员
我从没告诉过你这个
但那是我毕生的梦想
我为足球痴狂 满脑子都是足球
我当然知道那是不现实的
我知道早晚我得停止踢球
我得开始生活
你不必停止踢球
你可以和我们一起活在现在
我们可以一起度过人生
如果你活在未来 我们就办不到了
你见过她不戴头巾的样子吗
什么
你见过赞纳卜不戴头巾的样子吗
没有 还没见过
我告诉你 你得活在未来才行
谢赫 你
Sheikh, you‐‐
你真的不必麻烦的
you really don't have to do that.
你招待了我们
You hosted.
如果是来我家 你肯定也会如此
If you were at my home, I'm sure you'd do the same.
我想为之前的行为道歉
I wanted to apologize for my actions in there.
你和你女儿不该被这样对待
You and your daughter deserve much better than this.
请原谅我
Please forgive me.
我能明显看出 你非常关心我们的孩子
It's clear to me that you care deeply about our children.
真要说的话 你的行为
If anything, your actions...
表明你是个严肃认真 体贴周到的人
show that you're a serious and thoughtful man.
我欣赏这一点
I admire that.
而且我必须承认
And I must admit,
不是谁都能应付得了你家这样的大舅子
not everyone can handle a brother‐in‐law like yours.
可不是吗
Oh, yeah.
我儿子
You know, my son,
从他出生的那天起
since the day he was born,
我生命中的每一刻都致力于
every moment in my life has been dedicated
确保他能成功
to making sure that he succeeds.
就这样把他交给赞纳卜和现实世界
Handing him over just like that to Zainab and the real world...
对我来说很难
Is very hard for me.
感觉好像
It feels like
结果将不再掌握在我手中了
the outcome will no longer be in my hands.
我们必须牢记 结果从来都不掌握在我们手中
We must remember the outcome is never in our hands.
谈到结婚这个话题时
When the subject of marriage was broached,
我承认我有些抗拒
I admit I had some resistance.
但我看到了你儿子的改变
But I've seen a change in your son.
剧集 | 拉米 | 导航列表