剧集 | 英伦魔法师(2015) | 导航列表
听着
Listen.
这就是你一直努力的目标
This is what you have worked for.
这是你难得的机会
This is your great opportunity.
如果这里一切顺利
If all goes as it should here,
当人们想起魔法师时
when folk think of a magician...
他们就会想起我
They will think of myself.
勇气 先生 魅力
Courage, sir. Charm.
他是战争大臣
He is the Secretary of State for War.
记住你提出的是份多么好的礼物
Remember what a gift it is that you offer,
我肯定他会成为你的朋友
then I am sure he will be your friend.
阁下就是贵党的耻辱
'You, sir, are an embarrassment to your party'
也是整个议院的耻辱
and to this whole house.
法国的兵力已大大超越了我们
Our forces are hopelessly outnumbered by the French.
我们是留在萨拉曼卡被屠♥杀♥
We stay in Salamanca and be massacred,
还是带领我们的军队
or lead our troops
翻山越岭 让他们留在雪地中
over the mountains and leave them to the snow.
这是最后的耻辱
This is a final disgrace.
一个有罪无能政♥府♥的最后举动
The final act of a criminally incompetent government.
真是可耻 可耻啊
Shame upon you. Shame!
注意秩序 沃特·波尔爵士
Order. Sir Walter Pole.
这位令人尊敬的绅士
The honourable gentleman is well known
以他完美的即兴演讲著称
for his excellent impromptu speeches,
他没有白白浪费
and it is good to know that the time
为此所做的准备 我感到欣慰
he spends preparing them is not wasted.
我宁愿他能说少点
I would have been happy to hear a deal less of it.
但正如拿破仑说过
But as Napoleon himself has said,
当你的敌人犯错时
you should never interrupt your enemy
你决不能打断他
when he is making a mistake.
我们不会从萨拉曼卡撤退
'There will be no retreat from Salamanca.
但我是个守信用的人 是英国的守护者
But I am a man of my word and a custodian of English blood.
我们不会撤退
There will be no retreat!
那就会有大屠♥杀♥
There will be a massacre.
说得好 沃特爵士 说得好
Well done, Sir Walter. Well done.
沃特爵士
Sir Walter!
沃特爵士
Sir Walter!
沃特爵士
Sir Walt...
有什么能为您效劳的 先生
What assistance may I be to you, sir?
我约了沃特爵士谈...
I have an appointment with Sir Walter to talk about...
魔法的事
..Magic.
您是魔法师吗 诺瑞思先生
Ah, you are the magician. Mr Norris?
诺瑞尔
Norrell.
沃特爵士恭请您去他家
Sir Walter begs humbly that he may receive you
跟他见面
at his private residence.
很高兴见到您 先生
I'm very glad to meet you, sir.
伦敦城都在谈论您
It seems London talks of little else
非凡的诺瑞尔先生
but the extraordinary Mr Norrell.
请坐 诺瑞尔先生是位魔法师 夫人
Please. Mr Norrell is a magician, ma'am.
一位在他的家乡享有盛名的魔法师
A person of great reputation in his native county of Yorkshire.
你的精灵仆人在哪呢 先生
And where are your fairy servants, sir?
只有你自己能看到他们吗
Are they visible only to yourself
还是其他人也能看到
or may others see them?
精灵只是传说中的生物 夫人
Fairies are mythological creatures, madam.
传说中的
Mythological?
我是说他们并不
I meant to say that they do no...
他们并不像故事里说的那样存在
They...they did not exist in the way the stories have them.
他们是个邪恶的族群
They're a poisonous race,
总是反悔自己提出的帮助
their help is always regretted,
通常会付出极大的代价
it is always a heavy price.
你一点都不像我预想中的那样
You are not at all what I expected,
是吗 斯蒂芬
eh, Stephen?
我没有想像过诺瑞尔的样子 爵士
I had not formed a picture of Mr Norrell, sir.
我听说你是个实务派的魔法师
I had heard you were a practical magician.
希望没有冒犯到你
I hope you are not offended.
得知你不是那种魔法师我很欣慰
It's a great relief to see that you are nothing of the sort.
我想你应该是个理论派的魔法师
You are a theoretical magician, I imagine.
他们说你有事要问我
They say you have something to ask me?
我
I...
就是
W... That is to say,
抱歉我确实是个实务派的
I beg your pardon but I am in fact a practical,
魔法师
erm, magician.
但我恳切地希望 我没有因此
But I very earnestly hope that I will not by this admission
失去你对我的好印象
lose your good opinion.
不 决不会
No, by no means.
你误会了
The...the misapprehension under which you labour...
我是说 人们认为所有的实务派魔法师
by which I mean of course the belief that all practical magicians
都是江湖骗子 是由于过去三百年
are charlatans, arises from the appalling idleness
英国魔法师令人吃惊的懒散
of English magicians in the last 300 years.
我小试身手表演了一点现代魔法
I have performed one small feat of modern magic,
约克民众认为
which the people of York were kind enough to say
非常惊奇
that they found astounding.
沃特爵士 我来是想对我们现在的困境
I am come, Sir Walter, to offer you my help
提供帮助
in our present difficulties.
-你是说战争吗 -是的
- You mean the war? - Yes.
我亲爱的先生 魔法跟战争有什么关系
My dear sir, what has magic to do with the war?
我应该听说了你在约克所施的魔法
I believe I have heard what you did in York
我相信主妇们一定非常感激
and I am sure the housewives were very grateful.
但我看不出魔法可以怎么帮助打仗
But I can scarcely see how such magic may be applied to the war.
士兵的衣服确实很脏
True enough, soldiers get very dirty.
爵士 我让约克大教堂
Sir, I made half-a-hundred stone figures
半百个石像开口说了话
talk in York Minster.
跟家庭主妇没有任何关系
It was nothing to do with housewives.
我未婚妻 温特唐小姐
My fiancee, Miss Wintertowne.
很荣幸 小姐
Oh, er, enchante, miss.
我自己很喜欢魔法
Very fond of magic myself.
有一位很棒的街头魔法师 温奇勒
There's a wonderful street magician - Vinculus.
他的谎言和厄运
He's all lies and doom.
不 街头魔法师可是最糟糕的
well, no, street magicians are the very worst.
所有魔法师都是流浪汉
All magicians are vagabonds.
我的宝贝爱玛还有十天
My dear Emma is to be married to Sir Walter
就要跟沃特爵士在圣乔治成婚了
at St George's in ten days' time.
恭...恭喜恭喜
M...many congratulations.
我自己也常生病
I am often ill myself.
我发现用热柠檬和肉豆蔻...
I find some warm lemon and nutmeg...
诺瑞尔先生 我不明白你想怎么帮我们
Mr Norrell, I'm not sure what help you hope to offer us.
但很抱歉 恐怕不行
I am sorry to say it will not do.
魔法可不是体面的事 先生
Magic is not respectable, sir.
政♥府♥可不能跟这种事扯上关系
The government cannot meddle in such things.
说实话 要是我之前就知道
Frankly, had I better understood
你要提的是这事
what you were proposing to offer,
我根本就不会同意见你的
I would not have agreed to meet you.
-怎么样 -非常好
- How'd it go? - Very well.
还算好吧
Tolerably well.
到底有多糟
As bad as that, eh?
你给他演示了什么魔法吗
Did you do any magic for him?
这不是回家的路 汉诺威广场在那边
This is not the way to the house. Hanover Square is that way.
我们去古德斯丹夫人那儿 有个晚会
We are going to Lady Godesdone's house. It's a soiree.
去派对 我想回家看书
A party? I wish to go home and read a book.
有权势的绅士们花在派对上的时间
Powerful gentlemen spend more time at parties
可比他们花在政事上的时间多
than they do in Parliament.
你只想舒适地靠在炉火边可办不成事 先生
You cannot do this from the comfort of your own fireside, sir.
我们已经不在约克郡了
We're not in Yorkshire any more.
抱歉 借过
Pardon me. Excuse me.
我听说约克郡的主妇们晚上会把家里的脏衣物
I heard all the ladies of Yorkshire may put out their dirty linen
放进篮子里 到早上就奇迹般的干净了
in baskets at night, and in the morning it is magically clean.
他可跟犹太人一样富有
He is as rich as a very Jew.
一位有钱的叔叔去世了
A wealthy uncle died,
给他留了个大宅 何妨庄园
leaving him a large estate, Hurtfew Abbey.
在约克郡
It's in Yorkshire.
这年头有个富有的叔叔可不容易
Wealthy uncles are in short supply these days.
我今早还跟他在一起
I was with him, only this morning,
剧集 | 英伦魔法师(2015) | 导航列表