剧集 | 英伦魔法师(2015) | 导航列表
他是个魔法师
He's a magician.
不会 他可是一身香喷喷的
No, he smells too nice.
当时民众普遍认为魔法师都是一身臭气的流浪汉
早上好
Morning.
英伦魔法师
第一季第一集
您的书 先生
Your book, sir.
十分感谢
I'm obliged to you.
多年以前 在约克之城
Some years ago, there was, in the city of York,
有个魔法师协会
a society of magicians.
他们于每月第三个周三集♥会♥
They met up on the third Wednesday of every month
阅读彼此关于英国魔法史的
and read each other long, dull papers upon
又臭又长的文章
the history of English magic.
他们是绅士魔法师
'They were gentlemen magicians,
也就是说 他们从未用魔法伤过人
which is to say they had never harmed anyone by magic.
也没为任何人做过一点好事
Nor ever done anyone the slightest good.
事实上 真♥相♥是
In fact, to own the truth,
这些魔法师
not one of these magicians
从未有人使用过最简单的咒语
had ever cast the smallest spell.
或是用魔法使一片叶子摇曳于树
Nor, by magic, caused one leaf to tremble upon a tree,
使一粒微尘转变轨道
made one mote of dust alter its course
或改变任何人的一根发丝
or changed a single hair upon anyone's head.
虽有这小小不足
With this one minor reservation,
但他们仍被看做是
they enjoyed a reputation
约克魔法师协会
约克郡最聪明最有魔法的绅士们
as some of the wisest and most magical gentlemen in Yorkshire.
先生
Mr...
斯刚德斯先生
Mr Segundus!
好的
Yes.
不好意思
Excuse me. Er...
对我来说 能来约克
It has been no small inducement,
实在是不小的诱惑
in my coming to York,
这里有众位优秀 出色的协会
that your excellent and, er, distinguished society exists here.
更不用说那丰富的魔法书典藏
Er, not to mention your extensive library of magical books.
-没错 -我研究魔法很多年了
- That's right. - Er, I have studied magic, gentlemen,
先生们
for many years.
乌鸦王的历史
The histories of the Raven King,
古老的伟大魔法
the great magicians of long ago.
我读了最新的出版物
I've read the new publications
甚至亲自发表过一些
and even made my small contribution to their number.
抱歉
Excuse me.
然而 然而我最近开始思考
But I...but I have recently begun to wonder
为何我阅读到的伟大魔法
why the great feats of magic that I read about
仅存于书页之中
remain in the pages of my books...
而不会被展现于街道或是
and are not seen on the street or...
战场
on the battlefield.
我开始思考为何现代魔法师们无法使用
I have begun to wonder why modern magicians are unable to work
他们研究的魔法
the magic that they write about.
简言之 先生们 我想知道
In short, gentlemen, I wish to know...
为何英国再无人使用魔法
...why is magic no longer done in England.
真是个长问题啊 这位...
It is a long question, Mr...
斯刚德斯先生
Segundus.
魔法师研究魔法
Magicians study magic,
魔法的历史 我们并不去实践它
the history of magic. We do not perform it.
你总不能指望天文学家去创造星星吧
You don't expect an astronomer to create stars, eh?
或是要植物学家去发明新的花种
Or a botanist to invent new flowers, eh?
这是个很幼稚的问题
It is a child's question,
我明白 但从没有其他人
I appreciate, but no-one else...
经典魔法 先生
Classical magic, sir,
并不适用于这个协会的先生们
is not a thing for the gentlemen of this society.
或其他
Nor any...
任何人
gentleman.
我希望
I do hope
你没有尝试去使用咒语 先生
that you have not been trying to cast spells, sir.
你肯定地告诉我今天会有书到的
You told me certainly that there would be books coming in.
你还收了我一个几尼
You took a guinea from me.
祝您顺利 先生
Good day to you, sir.
斯刚德斯先生
Mr Segundus, I say.
我是亨尼福特 我昨晚也在协会
Honeyfoot. I was there at the society last night.
能跟您说句话吗
May I?
大家都不同意我的观点
I have made myself disagreeable.
不 先生 我觉得您说到了点子上
No, sir. I think you hit upon it quite correct.
为何无人再使用魔法
Why is magic no longer done?
我在哪都找不到答案
I cannot find it answered anywhere.
你能相信这里没有魔法书卖♥♥吗
Can you believe there are no books of magic to be had?
这里可是约克
In York!
-魔法研究书很稀少 -魔法书
- Books about magic are rare enough. - Books of magic.
亲爱的朋友 它们可比红宝石还珍贵
Oh, my dear fellow, they're more precious than rubies.
就连协会都只有一两本
Even the society only has a few pages.
我在其他地方都试过了
I have tried everywhere else.
协会是我最后的机会 先生
The society is my last throw of the dice. Sir!
我们都太陈腐 我们需要新的观点
We're growing stale, we need fresh opinions.
我 我很抱歉
Oh, I'm...I'm afraid
那些书已经被卖♥♥掉了 先生
that those books have been sold, sir.
我已经预定了
I reserved them!
没错 很抱歉 先生
Yes, I am sorry for it, sir.
没关系
Oh, it is no matter.
你有没有关于云
Do you have anything upon the nature of clouds,
雨 大气自然的书
rain, atmospheres?
有的 先生 这个我有
Yes, sir. Yes, I do, as a matter of fact.
有意思 我自己也对云最为着迷
Oh, that's interesting. I'm most fascinated by clouds myself.
帮我看着
Keep an eye open.
斯刚德斯先生
Mr Segundus.
至少我能找到那个老抢我书的恶魔是谁
At least I can find the devil who keeps swiping my books.
找到了
There.
诺瑞尔
Norrell.
何妨庄园
Hurtfew Abbey.
现在不是魔法的时代了
It is not an age for magic.
那您为何还坚持呢 先生
Why then do you persist, sir?
这是什么
What is it?
这么脏
Tremendously dirty.
从伦敦一个街头魔术师那儿得到的
From a street magician in London.
一条能令所有被分开的物品聚合的咒语
"A spell to join together articles which have been parted."
-有用吗 -不
- Does it work? - No.
他是个流浪汉
He was a vagabond, you see.
搭黄色脏布帘卖♥♥艺的那种
Yellow curtain sort of fellow.
说服我给了他大一笔钱买♥♥下那玩意
Persuaded me to part with a rather large sum of money for that.
然后他又叫回我
And then he called me back,
说他愿意免费告诉我一个秘密
said he'd tell me a secret for nothing.
他说将来会有两位魔法师
Told me that one day magic would be restored to England
让魔法在英国重振雄风
by two magicians.
古老预言都是胡说
Old prophecies are nonsense.
我知道
I know.
但这把我领上了我现在的道路
But it set me upon my present path.
我们就是两位魔术师
We are two magicians.
约翰·斯刚德斯和亨尼福特先生
John Segundus and Mr Honeyfoot.
听着不错
Sounds well.
我本希望他骗我说我是其中一个
One would expect him to pretend that I was one of the two,
但最后他告诉我
but in the end he told me,
很令人伤心 但我不是
rather plainly, that I was not.
诺瑞尔先生
Mr Norrell?
请进
Come in.
看清路 先生们 这条路
Watch your step, gentlemen. The way is...
曲折复杂
convoluted.
来自约克魔法师协会的
It's Mr Honeyfoot
亨尼福特先生和斯刚德斯先生来访
and Mr Segundus of the York Society of Magicians.
我读了你关于马丁·佩尔的
I read your account of
仙仆生涯的解说 先生
the careers of Martin Pale's fairy servants, sir.
真是了不起的著作
It's a creditable piece of work.
不过
Well...
应该有个法罗索特大♥师♥ 对吗
there was Master Fallowthought, was there not?
你漏掉了他
You left him out.
剧集 | 英伦魔法师(2015) | 导航列表