剧集 | 英伦魔法师(2015) | 导航列表
这可十分体面
and that is very respectable.
我是吉尔伯...
I am Gilbert...
我是吉尔伯特·诺瑞尔 陛下
I am Gilbert Norrell, Your Majesty,
来自约克郡 何妨庄园
of Hurtfew Abbey, Yorkshire -
我是英国魔法的复兴者
the restorer of English magic
亦是本时代最伟大的魔法师
and the greatest magician of the age.
我是乔纳森·斯特兰奇 来为陛下服务
And... And I'm Your Majesty's servant, Jonathan Strange,
我来自什罗普郡的艾什费尔
of Ashfair in Shropshire.
是最近战争中军队的常任法师
Magician-in-Ordinary to the army during the late war.
陛下的儿女们希望
It is the hope of Your Majesty's children
我们的魔法能缓解您的
that our magic may afford you some relief from your...
疾病
... illness.
谢谢 我今早好像特别笨拙
Thank you. I seem to be very clumsy this morning.
是 夫人
Yes, ma'am.
你知道一位格蕾小姐吗
Do you know a lady called Miss Grey?
不知道 夫人
No, ma'am.
斯特兰奇从没跟你提过格蕾小姐吗
Mr Strange has never mentioned a Miss Grey to you?
没有 夫人
No, ma'am.
你曾经跟大卫一起出去过
You've been walking out with Davey,
对吗 就是诺瑞尔先生的仆人
have you not? Mr Norrell's man?
我 我不是想打探什么
I... I do not mean to pry.
他很有魅力
He is very dashing.
他的约克口音很重 他哪怕是
He has such a thick Yorkshire voice, you can picture him
在荒原漫步也能是最浪漫的场景
going about the moors in a most romantic fashion.
他提到过枪击事件吗
Has he mentioned the shooting?
只说过是个法国间谍干的
Only that it was a French spy.
人们知道到底是谁吗
Do people know who it really was?
大卫没说过 他知道这是秘密
Davey has not put it about. He knew it was a secret.
是德罗莱特先生 我很抱歉这么说
It is that Mr Drawlight who, begging your pardon,
是他没能保守秘密
cannot keep a still tongue.
她会被送去某处
She is to be put away somewhere.
他们不知道是哪
They do not know where.
谢谢 玛丽
Thank you, Mary.
我很抱歉这么说 斯特兰奇先生
I hate to say it, Mr Strange,
但这和我预计的一样
but it was exactly as I had imagined.
对于我们施展的种种魔法
There are still so many misconceptions
世人还存有相当的误解
about the kinds of magic that we do.
前几天我还听卡斯尔雷子爵说
Only the other day, I heard Lord Castlereagh remark
你在威灵顿的坚持下
that you had, at Wellington's insistence,
在西班牙施展了黑魔法
employed black magic in Spain.
但不碍事 我当场纠正了他
Why, I corrected him of course.
我说我们只施展"当下的现代魔法"
I told him that we only do "Modern magic for the modern age".
斯特兰奇先生
Mr Strange?
我在北境的雕像和书的印刷画上见过他
I've seen statues of him in the North and engravings in books.
但从未在油画上见过他
I never saw a painting before.
谁
Hm?
乌鸦王
The Raven King.
那位一头银发的先生
That gentleman there with the silvery hair -
看着应该是其仙仆之一
that would seem to be one of his fairy servants.
没错
Yes.
而且上面还有独角兽和狮身人面兽
Yes, and there is a unicorn and a manticore
以及其他同样荒谬之极的生物
and other similarly ridiculous creatures.
这画上的人 就是在过去三百年间
This is a picture of everything that has disgraced
玷辱和摧残了英国魔法的罪魁祸首
and crippled English magic for the last 300 years.
你试着用了哪些魔法
What magic did you attempt?
所有诺瑞尔崇尚的魔法
All of Norrell's old favourites.
都不管用
They did not work.
我想他也不希望它们真能管用
I do not consider that he much wanted them to work.
昨天下午我去了维斯特比夫人家一趟
I was at Lady Westby's house yesterday afternoon.
我在那儿遇到了一个似乎坚信
I met a young lady there who seems to be under the impression
你在教她魔法的年轻姑娘
that you're teaching her.
打扮时髦 不算漂亮 但很富有
Stylish girl. Not handsome, but... very rich.
-是吗 -而且显然对魔法非常痴迷
- Really? - And apparently wild for magic.
她姓格蕾
Miss Grey.
她有一间挂满你画像的房♥间
She has a room decorated with your pictures.
她跟我说她付了四百几尼给你 只为...
She told me that she's paid you 400 guineas to be your...
只为做你的学徒
To be your pupil.
我可能会不记得年轻姑娘
.. I think I might forget a young lady,
但整整四百几尼我是绝对忘不了的
but I do not think I could forget 400 guineas.
那她为什么会那么说
Then why has she said it?
为了让我嫉妒吗
To make me jealous? I...
我又该怎么答复她
What am I to say to her?
告诉她我没收到那四百几尼
Tell her I did not receive the 400 guineas.
贝儿 你知道我是不收学徒的
Bell, you know I do not take pupils.
要知道 诺瑞尔可是会气得跳脚的
Norrell would have a blue fit, for one thing.
我真搞不懂 不懂为什么人们必须...
I do not understand. I do not understand why people must...
本来大家各司其职过得好好的 结果一转眼
One does one's best, and then, all of a sudden,
你就成了...
you're in the middle of a...
你知道是谁冲诺瑞尔开的枪吗
Do you know who shot Norrell?
-恩 -那好 咱们以后就不用互相隐瞒了
- Yes. - Well, then, let us not pretend about it any more.
我希望你别为波尔夫人的事感到不自在
I hope you do not make yourself uneasy about Lady Pole.
千万不要责怪自己
Please do not give yourself any blame.
我觉得我好笨啊 乔纳森
I feel I was stupid, Jonathan.
我都无法确信
I'm not even entirely sure
自己是不是真的觉得她疯了
that I considered that she was in fact mad.
你们要回国王那边吗
Will you go back to the King?
诺瑞尔不去了
Norrell will not.
或许我该回去
Perhaps I might go back.
或许我能想到诺瑞尔想不到的方法
Perhaps I might find a path where Norrell cannot.
千万不要因为你觉得
Please do not do it because you think
你能帮到我朋友就去做这事
you might be able to find a way to help my friend.
有这份心意就好 但别真的去做
Very kind of you, but please do not do it.
我不想再说这事了 乔纳森
I'm finished with it, Jonathan.
这事太折磨人了
It's too painful to think about.
当然了 斯特兰奇先生
Of course, Mr Strange,
我这本书自然会引入很多
my book naturally gravitates
诺瑞尔先生的成就
towards Mr Norrell's many achievements.
第二章记载了约克郡所发生的奇迹事件
Chapter two concerns the wonderful events at York,
那些会说话的雕像...
the talking statues...
这的确是个好机会 能让人们忘记
It is a good opportunity to dispel forever
我会用魔法洗衣服这种谣言
the rumour that I use magic to do laundry.
这本书写得真好 亨利
It is a very fine book, Henry.
大人 我已经沉醉于这本书了
Lord, I've enjoyed reading it.
请原谅我 先生们 我还有个约会
Forgive me, gentlemen, I have an... appointment.
当然 还记载了布雷斯特的雨船
Then, of course, the rain ships at Brest,
还有海上灯塔线
the sea-beacons...
-灯塔线完成了吗 -反正书里会写完成了
- Oh, are they finished? - For the purposes of the book.
还有十五章
There are then 15 chapters
会描述古代魔法的种种不堪
dealing with the pernicious nature of the magic of the past.
剩下的两章则用来详述我们的期许和建议
The remaining two detail our hopes and suggestions
关于现代魔法将可能有哪些建树
for what modern magic might achieve.
对了 莫里先生还多给了我几天时间
Oh, erm, Mr Murray has given me a few more days
去构思最后一章
to come up with a final chapter
关于诺瑞尔先生最伟大且最为闻名的挑战
on Mr Norrell's greatest and most prestigious challenge -
与国王的会面
his attendance on the King.
真可惜没能成功
Shame it did not work.
也许我们能加以利用
We may turn that to our advantage.
诺瑞尔先生早就预见了魔法无法治愈疯癫
Mr Norrell has long held the view that magic cannot cure madness.
你会在这一段提到波尔夫人吗
Will you mention Lady Pole in this context?
-不会 -我们认为有必要把你去温莎的事
- No. - We think it important to present your trip to Windsor
描写成富有英雄色彩和爱国主义的
as a heroic and patriotic
想要去施展不可能完成之魔法的勇敢尝试
attempt to do magic that simply cannot be done.
我们当初并非想着去施展所有魔法的
Well, we did not attempt absolutely everything.
我们是想施展一切可能有用的咒语
We attempted every functioning spell that might be applicable.
或许还有些咒语
Well, perhaps there might be spells which...
一直以来声名狼藉
have fallen into disrepute,
或是被误报了
or have been misreported...
我不太懂你的意思
I do not understand what you mean.
我想斯特兰奇先生要说的是
I think what Mr Strange is trying to say is that,
考虑到过去三百年间产生的
considering the myths and superstitions which have grown up
剧集 | 英伦魔法师(2015) | 导航列表