剧集 | 英伦魔法师(2015) | 导航列表
周日礼拜好 阿特金森先生
Enjoying your Sunday, Mr Atkinson?
我一切都按照你的意愿改变了
I... I've done everything you want in the way of...
我不怎么玩牌了
I hardly play cards.
我也不怎么喝酒了 每天就一瓶
I drink very, very little, scarcely more than a bottle a day.
而且
And, well...
我很愿意多来教堂
I've no objection to going to church more often.
你愿意的话一周两次也行
Twice a week if you'd like it better.
这种事还请你自己凭心决定
I leave such matters to your own conscience.
我不懂了
I do not know,
也许是你讨厌我去巴斯或者布赖顿
perhaps you don't like my going to Bath or Brighton or...
但真的 你不用担心那里的女士们
But really, the ladies there, you have nothing to fear from them.
她们当然很迷人 但是
They are without doubt very charming, but...
我根本没想过这点
That hadn't even occurred to me.
-阿♥拉♥贝拉 -乔纳森
- Arabella. - Jonathan.
我只是希望你能
I only wish that you would...
找到一件值得付出的事
find a way to occupy your time.
我最喜欢节日了 但无休止的节日
No-one loves a holiday better than I, but perpetual holidays...
-真能让你幸福吗 -你就能让我幸福
- Does it make you happy? - You make me happy.
男人需要有份事业 乔纳森
A man needs an occupation, Jonathan.
阿♥拉♥贝拉 你也知道我父亲
Arabella, you know perfectly well that my father...
-我要走了 -什么
- I'm going away. - What?
和亨利去他的新教区 帮他安顿下来
With Henry, to his new parish. Help him settle.
我本没打算现在的 但看来我得行动了
I'd not thought to do this now, but I see I must act.
乔纳森
Jonathan?
不要行动
Do not act.
要思考
Think.
我又不是不回来了
I'll not be gone forever.
在太残忍♥了 先生
It is cruel, sir,
像我这般年纪 却不被允许在世界上
for a fellow of my age to be kept from taking up
有个像样的工作
any useful position in the world.
难怪我变得这么没出息
It is no wonder that I go to seed in this manner
正如你极度反感的那样
of which you so desperately disapprove.
你想做什么像样的工作
Which useful position had you in mind?
任何事 只要交给我我一定干好
Any, sir. Give it to me and I shall fill it.
再这样你就会失去你的工作 先生
One more of those and you'll lose your position, sir.
至于你 让我看看 你有
As for you, let me see, you have...
神啊 真是
Good God, man!
看在上帝份上 父亲
For pity's sake, Father.
让他把窗户关上吧 他明显是生病了
Have him close the window, the man is clearly ill.
把所有窗户都打开
Open all the windows.
我不瞎 儿子
I'm not blind, my son.
这个牧师家的姑娘还希望你能成大事呢
This clergyman's girl wishes you to be a man of destiny.
她不知道你
She does not know that you,
像你母亲一样 软弱浮躁
like your mother, are weak and skittish
注定干不成大事
and doomed to fulfil no function more useful than
跟晾衣架一样无用
that of a clothes horse.
-伙计 -别管他
- My dear fellow! - Leave him!
站起来 先生
On your feet, sir.
站到窗户边上去
Stand beside the window.
而你 先生 你已经证明了自己的
And you, sir, you've proved yourself a failure
一无是处
in everything you've done.
只要我还活着
And you shall have no assistance
还掌管着这个家 就绝对不会
in finding any occupation whilst
帮助你去找任何工作
I am yet living and master in this house.
我本想请求你允许我娶你妹妹的
I had thought to ask your permission to marry your sister.
但我觉得现在恐怕是她不会同意
But I rather think it is her permission I'd struggle to get.
加点白兰地吧 亨利 口感会好很多
Have some brandy in that, Henry. It makes it taste much better.
这是周日 乔纳森 我还要赶车呢
It is Sunday, Jonathan. I have a carriage to catch.
阿♥拉♥贝拉很爱你 她只是
Arabella loves you. She merely...
-我试过了 -她只是希望你能有目标
- I have tried. - She just wishes you to have purpose.
我试过要买♥♥个铁工坊
I have tried to buy an ironworks,
但冶炼间的味道让我头疼
the smelting room gave me a headache.
我试过在莱姆里杰斯
I have tried to establish a business
做点挖掘化石的生意
to collect fossils at Lyme Regis.
-好啊 -但那太爱下雨
- Yes. - Much too rainy. Have you,
你去过莱姆里杰斯吗
have you been to Lyme Regis?
你父亲难道不能
Cannot your father...
我父亲就爱折磨我 就像他折磨仆人
My father delights in torturing me, as he tortures his servants.
像以前折磨我母亲一样
As he tortured my mother.
乔纳森 上帝会
Jonathan, God will...
会到柳暗花明时的 乔纳森
A way will become clear to you, Jonathan.
我最大的梦想 就是拥有你妹妹
All I've ever truly wished for is your sister.
事情总会以最意想不到的形式发生
It often happens in the most unexpected of ways.
再见 乔纳森
Goodbye, Jonathan.
别喝太多了
Do not drown yourself.
最后一杯
I will have one more.
-怎么了 -怕是两人起冲突了
- What? - I fear there's been a quarrel.
门给挡住打不开了
The door, it's quite jammed.
来帮个忙
Come on, together.
这可怜的家伙病了
The poor fellow is ill!
这屋冷得跟苏格兰人的烟囱似的
This room is as cold as a Scotsman's chimney!
父亲
Father!
父亲
Father?
她很遗憾自己在坎伯兰郡
She regrets her absence in Cumberland.
她很不愿见到我在这种时候孤孤单单
She does not like to think of me being alone
无人陪伴
and friendless at such a time.
现在我有个庄园要打理了
Well, I have an estate to run.
我不再是没有事业的人了
I'm not to be without an occupation now.
你觉得我应该等多久
What sort of an interval do you think is appropriate?
我该等多久再飞奔去她身边求婚 杰里米
For me to ride up there and ask for her hand, Jeremy.
去坎伯兰郡
To Cumberland!
你觉得我应该戴孝多久
What sort of period of mourning do you think is fit?
一个月 两周
A month? Two weeks?
还是三天
Three days?
诺瑞尔先生在伦敦有了房♥子可以小住
"And Mr Norrell, having taken a London house for the season..."
不是凭空有的 是我买♥♥的
I have not taken it, I have bought it.
210个几尼呢
210 guineas.
在伦敦有了房♥子可以小住
"..Having taken a London house for the season,
这令我们迫切想看到 如果有的话
"leaves us hungry to see which, if any,
继约克的奇迹后
new wonders he will perform
他还会表演什么魔法
"after the miracle of York."
奇迹
Miracle?
约克的奇迹
"The miracle of York."
我们能亲眼目睹他的魔法天才吗
"Are we to see the proof of his genius with our own eyes?
魔法真的回来了吗 还是诺瑞尔先生
"Has magic truly returned, or is Mr Norrell
只不过是富人版的
"simply a wealthier version of the familiar conjuror
搭个黄色脏布帘棚子卖♥♥艺人
"in his yellow-curtained tent?"
我从未
I have never...
我承受这样的质疑四十年了
I have contended with this for 40 years.
极度反感 不赞成
Stiggers and disapproval.
这就是我们来的原因 不是吗
Well, this is why we have come here, is it not?
我们要来改变这种观点
We have come to change that.
星报翻印了斯刚德斯的信
The Star has reprinted Mr Segundus's letter...
带了插画
with illustrations.
在伦敦生活为何如此昂贵
Why is London so expensive?
如此嘈杂
So noisy?
还有那难闻的味道
And the smell.
那画的是我吗
Is that supposed to be me?
留着胡子
With a beard?
还戴着一顶尖帽
And a pointy hat!
他们并无恶意 先生
They intend no disrespect, sir.
大部分人认为魔法师就该是这样
That is what most folk believe a magician to look like.
古老国的魔法
The magic of the old country.
乌鸦王的魔法
The magic of the Raven King,
三百年过去了
300 years gone...
化作了羽毛
and turned to feathers.
乌鸦王
The Raven King.
他们给实务派魔法师取了个那么骇人的名字
These men give the practice of magic such an appalling name.
先生 你应该
Well, if nothing else, sir,
改变他们脑种的那种看法
you should pull that picture out of their heads.
剧集 | 英伦魔法师(2015) | 导航列表