Kids, never underestimate the power of destiny.
孩子们 永远不要低估命运的力量
Because when you least expect it, the littlest thing
因为在你最意想不到的时候 即使最微不足道的小事
can cause a ripple effect that changes your life.
也会引起连锁反应 改变你的人生
Take for instance my trip to Chicago.
以我去芝加哥那次为例
That security guard was a little bit handsy.
那保安有点咸猪手
That's funny. She barely touched me.
真有意思 她基本没碰我
Uh, Gate 23. Come on.
23号♥登机口 快走
If we miss this flight, I will never forgive myself.
如果我们错过这趟航♥班♥ 我永远都不会原谅自己
Why was this flight so important?
为什么这趟航♥班♥如此重要
Let's back up a few months to the fall of 2006.
这要追溯到几个月前 在2006年的秋天
I had just sold my first building design and become
我刚卖♥♥出了我的第一份建筑设计图
the youngest project manager in my firm's history.
并成为了我们公♥司♥史上最年轻的项目经理
Suddenly I was being headhunted.
一时间我开始被猎头注意了
One firm was even considering
有一家公♥司♥甚至考虑让我
me to run their entire New York office.
去管理他们整个纽约分部
They were flying me in for a final interview
他们要我飞到他们芝加哥的总部
at their corporate headquarters in Chicago.
去参加最后的面试
It was the opportunity of a lifetime.
这是个千载难逢的机会
It was my destiny.
也是我的命运关键点
There was just one problem.
只有一个问题
Hi, wait, two more.
你好 等一下 还有两个人
Sorry, you're too late, I already shut the doors.
抱歉 太迟了 我已经关闭登机口了
Well, I'm sure if we pull real hard we can open them.
我相信只要用力拉 门肯定还是能开的
Hmm, I wish it worked like that,
我也希望是这样
but see, once I close those doors, that's it.
但 是这样 一旦这个门关上 就没有办法了
Nobody else is allowed down that jet-way.
再没有人可以走上登机通道
Except for that guy.
除了这个人
Please, if-if I miss this flight,
拜托 如果我错过了这班机
I'll miss the chance to interview for my dream job.
我会失去我梦寐以求的工作面试机会的
I'm sorry, sir.
抱歉 先生
His dream job! Didn't you ever have a dream job?
这是他梦寐以求的工作啊 你没有梦寐以求的工作吗
Something from when you were a little girl,
你就没有那种 从你还是小女孩时起
that was all you wanted to do?
做梦都想做的事情吗
I mean, for God's sakes, I'm sure you didn't go to bed at night
我是说 看在上帝的份上 我相信你不可能每晚躺在床上
dreaming about being a...
就梦想着当一名...
I mean, uh...
我是说 呃
This is a cool job.
这个工作很棒
Please, I have to be on this flight.
求你了 我必须赶上这班飞机
I'll see what I can do.
我看看我能做什么
But it doesn't look good.
不过看起来情况不妙
Thanks.
谢谢
Your uniforms are pretty.
你的制♥服♥真漂亮
Okay.
好的
They haven't armed the doors yet,so you still have a chance.
他们还没关门 所以你们还有机会
It's up to the captain now, and they're calling us back.
结果取决于机长 有消息他们会回电
Great, please let us know soon as you hear anything.
好 有消息请尽快通知我们
Sure, and for the future, we recommend you arrive
好 以后我们建议你
at the airport an hour and a half before your flight,
提前一个半小时到达机场
not, you know, one minute after.
而不是 晚一分钟才到
Normally, I'm incredibly responsible.
一般我都非常守时
I just had to go to court this morning and get sentenced.
我今天早上只是去法♥院♥接受判决了
Not that I'm a criminal or anything.
我不是犯了什么罪
Yeah, he just jumped a subway turnstile.
他只是跳过了地铁的验票口
You seem to have a lot of problems with the rules of travel.
看来你总爱跟出行规则过不去啊
Hello?
喂
Oh, that is great news.
哦 那太好了
It's my mom--she found her missing earring.
我妈打来的 她找到了她弄丢的耳环
Have a seat. I'll call you when I hear something.
坐吧 有消息我会叫你们的
Where was it?
你从哪找到的
That thing better have call waiting.
希望这电♥话♥有呼叫等待
Could you just call the firm and explain what happened?
你就不能打个电♥话♥给公♥司♥说明一下情况吗
It's down to three people
只剩三个竞争者了
and I know they need to make their decision today.
而且我知道今天他们就得做决定
I sort of feel my not showing up might put me at a disadvantage.
我感觉如果不出席可能会处于下风
I'm so stupid.
我蠢到家了
Why did I have to jump that turnstile?
我♥干♥嘛要去跳那个验票口
Hey, don't be so hard on yourself.
别责怪自己了
And isn't this whole thing really Barney's fault?
而且这事不应该是巴尼的错吗
She had a point.
她有理由这么说
It was kind of Barney's fault.
这可以说是巴尼的错
Let's back up a few months.
让我们回到几个月前
Oh, Marshall, how's the broken toe?
马修 你的脚趾怎么样了
Oh, man, it kills.
苍天啊 疼死我了
You want some aspirin, baby?
想要点阿司匹林吗 亲爱的
You know I don't believe in pain killers.
你知道我不相信止疼剂的
Wow, your first broken bone.
你第一次骨折呢
Kind of kills your whole "Unbreakable" Theory.
打破了你的"不受伤"理论
Marshall used to think he was indestructible.
马修一直认为他是不会受伤的
Well, it added up. I've never broken anything.
真的 我从没骨折过
I've never been sick, and when I need to,
我从没生过病 如果需要
I can summon incredible strength.
我就可以召唤出神奇的力量
Ted, tell her the story of the really heavy door.
泰德 告诉她那扇很重的门的故事
There was a really heavy door.
有一扇很重的门
He opened it.
被他打开了
On one pull.
一次成功
Well, you must be really bummed,
你一定很郁闷
you're not gonna be able to run tomorrow.
明天不能去跑步了
Yeah. It sucks,
是啊 太扫兴了
all that work I put in
我这么努力地
training for the marathon was a total waste.
为这次马拉松比赛训练 都白费了
Training for a marathon.
马拉松训练
What?
怎么了
You don't need to train for a marathon. You just run it.
有什么好训练的 直接跑不就好了
You're kidding, right?
你开什么玩笑呢
Not at all. I could run a marathon anytime I wanted to.
没开玩笑 马拉松我随时都能跑
So like tomorrow, you think you could wake up, roll out of bed,
难道明天你一觉醒来 从床上爬起来
and just run the New York City Marathon?
就可以直接去跑纽约马拉松赛吗
Absolutely.
没问题
Barney, we're talking about 42 kilometers.
巴尼 要跑42公里呢
Thanks, Canada. I'll take it from here.
谢谢 加拿大佬 还是让我来解释吧
Barney, it's like 26 miles.
巴尼 大概要跑26英里呢
Here's how you run a marathon.
跑马拉松的方法如下
Step one, you start running.
第一步 跑起来
There is no step two.
没有第二步了
Okay, you know what? Prove it.
好吧 那就证明给我们看
Take my number and run in my place.
拿着我的号♥替我去跑
I will bet you 50 bucks you don't even finish the race.
我赌50块你跑不完全程
50 bucks?
才50块
Gee, Grandpa, if I win,
爷爷 如果我赢了
maybe I can buy myself an ice-cream cone.
我就有钱去买♥♥个冰淇淋了
Make it $10,000.
赌一万吧
You have a gambling problem. You'll bet me 50.
你这个赌徒 只赌50
Fine, then no bet.
那就不赌算了
Okay, $50.
50就50
The next morning, as the marathon began,
第二天早上 马拉松一开始
we were focused on Marshall's computer.
我们就关注着马修的电脑
Each runner gets a tracking chip so you can follow them online,
每个参与者都有一个定位芯片 可以在网上追踪他们
see when they pass certain checkpoints.
看他们什么时候跑过检查站
Barney's got mine in his shoe.
我的芯片在巴尼的鞋里
Ooh, he's starting!
哦 他开跑了
This ought to be good.
一定会很有意思
Wow.
哇哦
He's already passing the second checkpoint.
他已经跑过第二个检查站了
This tracking thing is amazing.
这种跟踪芯片太棒了
When we get married, you're getting one of these.
我们结婚以后也给你弄一个
Wow. Look at his time. It's pretty impressive.
哇哦 看他用的时间 跑得很快啊
He's gotta be cheating, okay.
他肯定作弊了好吗
He knew we'd check.
他知道我们在看
Yeah, he'll do anything to win a bet.
是啊 他为了赢得赌局会不择手段的
Remember that time he bet me
记不记得那次他和我赌
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表