Kids, as you know,
孩子们 正如你们所知
Christmas is a time you spend with your family.
圣诞节是跟家人团聚的日子
So in December of 2006, I had three options.
在2006年的12月 我有三个选择
Spend it with my mom and her new boyfriend Clint,
跟我妈妈和她新男友克林特一起过
节日愉快 爱你的克林特和维吉尼亚
u3000
spend it with my dad and his new girlfriend micro-brewing,
跟我的爸爸和他的新"女友"微型小酒厂一起过
"啤酒"节快乐 来自莫斯比•啤酒厂
u3000
or head down to Staten Island to spend it
或者去斯塔顿岛
with my super religious cousin Stacy in her family
跟我那极其虔诚的表亲史黛西一家一起过
哦 来吧 让我们崇拜他
u3000
So I opted for none of the above
以上三个选项我都没选
and decided to spend Christmas 2006 in Manhattan...
而是打算在曼哈顿欢度圣诞节
celebrating with my other family.
和我的另一群家人一起
Okay, I have one last paper due at 5:00 p.m. Today,
好了 我在今天下午五点钟还要交最后一篇论文
so until then, I will be at the law library at school,
在那之前 我会泡在学校的法律系图书馆里
but I'm not to be disturbed for any reason.
我不想被任何事打扰
Dude, open your eyes.
哥们 睁开眼吧
You're gonna to hurt yourself.
你这样会伤着的
No, no.
不
Christmas Eve winter wonderland is my reward
平安夜的冬日仙境
for finishing my paper.
是我完成论文的奖励
Oh.
噢
Baby, do I smell your Sinfully Cinnamon Cookies?
宝贝 我是不是闻到你做的好吃到罪恶的肉桂饼干了
Yes.
对
Damn me and my heightened other senses.
我和我敏锐度提高的其他感官真该死
Must be strong.
一定要挺住啊
Okay, I'll be back here at 5:00.
好了 我5点之前回来
Save me at least 20 cookies
给我留至少20块饼干
and do not clean the bowl.
还有不准把碗洗了
Was that a reindeer?
是驯鹿吗
I don't want to know!
我根本不想知道
Hey, look.
看哪
Our old answering machine. Oh, yeah.
咱以前用的答录机 噢 是的
After you left, we, uh, we unplugged it
你走之后 我们就把它拆了
because it reminded Marshall
因为它会使马修回想起
of how you used to, you know, leave messages.
你之前 是怎样留言的
But hey,
不过呢
you guys are back together.
现在你们重归于好了
I say we're plugging it back in.
我说咱把它重新装上吧
It's good to have you back.
你回来真是太好了
Thanks.
谢谢
Oh, hey, look, there's still some messages on here.
嘿 你快看这上面还有留言呢
Hey Ted, it's Dad calling to check in.
喂 泰德 是爸爸啊
I'm going fishing this weekend with my friend Clint,
这周末我要和老朋友克林特钓鱼去
so if I don't hear from you beforehand,
如果我在这之前没收到你回音的话
I'll talk to you next week.
那我们只能下周再聊了
Yes, same Clint.
是 就是那个克林特
Hey, Marshall.
嘿 马修
Are you lying on the couch right now moping about Lily?
你现在还躺沙发上为了莉莉无精打采吗
You are, aren't you?
就是这样 对吧
OhWell, stop it.
好了 别这样了
She's not worth it.
她不值得你这样做
You gotta get over that Grinch.
你得忘了那个扫把星
But I didn't say "Grinch."
其实我说的不止"扫把星"这么简单
I said a bad word.
我说了脏话
A very, very bad word.
很难听很难听的脏话
Oh, fudge.
噢 胡说八道
But I didn't say fudge.
其实我说的不是"胡说八道"
I'm... a what?
我是... 什么
I...
我...
That was Barney, that was Barney.
那是巴尼 那是巴尼
That was you, Ted. That was Marshall.
就是你 泰德 那是马修
Marshall left a message for Marshall?
马修给马修留言吗
You know, it may have been me, but it was so long ago.
这可能是我说的 但是都已经过了这么久了
Man, that machine, it really garbles your voice.
天 这个机器 它真的能把你说的话都歪曲了
You know, it almost made it sound like I said...
它听起来好像我真说了...
Why would you call me that?
你为什么那么说我
It was a fair question.
这个问题问得好
Marshall's breakup with Lily had sent him
马修和莉莉的分手令马修
into a deep depression
异常失落
and nothing could get him out of it.
无论什么都无法使他释怀
Until one day...
直到有一天
She was perfect.
她真的很完美
I lost the perfect woman.
我失去了一个完美的女人
I should have knocked her up when I had the chance.
之前有机会的时候真该把她肚子搞大
Okay.
好了
That's it.
够了
You're never going to get over her
在你把她从神坛上拉下来之前
until you stop putting her on a pedestal.
你是不会忘了她的
So no more ice cream until you tell me
你不说出一个莉莉的缺点
one thing that's wrong with Lily.
就没有冰淇淋吃
There's only one of her?
全世界只有一个莉莉 太少了
Okay.
好了
She called off your wedding and dumped you
她取消了你们的婚礼还甩了你
to be a painter in San Francisco.
就为了去旧金山当画家
What do you call that?
你怎么评价
Fiercely independent? Uhuh.
非常的独♥立♥ 不对
Brave?
勇敢呢
I guess it was a little selfish.
我觉得这算有点自私吧
There you go.
这就对了
And in almost no time,
转瞬之间
that spark turned into a roaring fire.
星星之火已然燎原
Yeah. No, you're right. Lily would laugh at anything.
是 你是对的 莉莉笑点很低
She'd give it up for a bad pun.
很烂的双关也能让她发笑
I'm telling you, she's a laugh slut.
我告诉你 她就是个嗜笑荡♥妇♥
Remember that time we heard her laughing
还记得那次我们听见她大笑
and we thought she was watching Weekend At Bernie's,
我们还以为她在看《老板去度假》
but it turned out she was watching Weekend At Bernie's 2?
结果她在看《老板去度假2》
And her art?
还有她的艺术
"I'm Lily, I'm an artist."
"我是莉莉 我是艺术家"
She doesn't even own a beret.
她连个贝雷帽都没有
Yeah, and if she's such a great "Artist,"
对 如果她是这么好的所谓"艺术家"
why does she suck at Pictionary?
那为什么她玩你画我猜玩的这么烂
Who draws a ninja star like a Star of David?
是谁把忍♥者飞镖画成大卫之星的
Come on, come on. Right, right?
就是说啊 是吧 是吧
Another round!
再来一轮
Yes!
好极了
I was trying to help him.
我当时是在帮他
I'm his best friend.
我是他最好的哥们
That's the best friend's job.
这是最好的哥们的职责
The best friend's job is to call me that word?
好哥们的职责就是叫我那个吗
Yeah.
是的
Oh, Ted.
噢 泰德
Oh, Teddy boy.
噢 可怜的泰迪熊
Why is this such a big deal?
这有什么大不了的
It's just a word.
它只是一个词而已
We use lots of words, every day.
我们每天都说无数的词
It shouldn't be any different than any other word.
这个词与别的词有什么差别
Then why don't you say it now?
那你为什么不现在说呢
Grinch.
扫把星
You timed that didn't you?
你算好时间的 是吧
Perfectly.
分秒不差
Well, at least you apologized.
好吧 至少你道歉了
You apologized, didn't you?
你道歉了 是吧
Oh, yeah.
噢 那当然
"I'm sorry" Were the first words out of my mouth.
我开口就说了"对不起"
I'm sorry, but I am not apologizing.
对不起 但我不会向你道歉的
Look... I was just trying to put the guy back together.
我只是想帮他走出失恋的阴影
You smashed him to pieces.
你把他的心都撕碎了
Are you seriously not going to apologize for leaving that...?
你真的不打算为你的留言而道歉吗
剧集 | 老爸老妈的浪漫史(2005) | 导航列表