Jack is doomed.
Jack玩完了
Ah, hey, Dad.
嘿 爸爸
Hey! There's my boy genius!
嘿 瞧瞧我的天才儿子
Ha. Look. Isn't it cool?
瞧 很酷吧
It's a real medal, not like the fake ones
这可是货真价实的奖牌 不像那些
Pops wears to get on airplanes early.
老爹用来提前登机的冒牌货
Ah. You know what, son?
知道吗 儿子
I'm proud of you, man. That's great.
我为你自豪 伙计 太棒了
You know, I wasn't sure about robotics,
其实我原来对学机器人技术不太有信心
but now I'm really feeling it.
但现在我真的觉得感觉来了
Who knows what this could lead to?
谁知道最后会发生什么呢
I could become an engineer.
说不定我能成为一名工程师呢
Yeah. Oh, I could end up working for NASA.
是啊 哦 我还可能去国家航♥空♥航♥天♥局工作
Uh-huh.
有可能
I could end up being on the design team
也有可能加入那些
that comes up with the next space shuttle.
发明下一代航♥天♥飞机的设计团队
Well, I don't know about the space shuttle, son.
呃 我不太拿得准航♥天♥飞机 儿子
What?
什么意思
Hey, you did great out there,
嘿 你在场上表现得很棒
and I'm proud of you, you know,
我很为你骄傲 你知道的
but only the best of the best get to work on stuff like that.
但只有那些最最顶尖的人才能去设计那些东西
So I can't be the best of the best?
所以你是说我不可能成为顶尖人才吗
I'm just saying maybe we should manage your expectations.
我只是说也许我们应该控制一下你的期望值
You're telling me to manage expectations?
你是在告诉我应该控制自己的期望值吗
You got a 2019 Clippers championship tattoo
你才是那个在赛季开始之前就纹了个
before the season started.
2019快船总冠军文身的人
Wow. I didn't expect you to become one of the haters, Dad.
哇 我没想到你会变成一个黑子 爸爸
What? You know I'm allergic.
什么 你知道我最讨厌那些人
I had let my son down by telling him the truth.
我因为告诉了我儿子实话而让他失望了
Which is why I always say, "Lying saves lives."
所以我才总说 "说谎保平安"
Hey. Where's Jack?
嘿 Jack呢
I don't know. He's, uh, you know,
不知道 他 呃
probably getting an ice cream... Oh.
可能去买♥♥冰淇淋了吧 哦
...or hanging out with his friends
或者去和朋友玩了
or crying in a corner
或者正躲在哪个角落里哭
because his father doesn't believe in him.
因为他的爸爸不相信他
What did you do?
你干了什么
Jack said he wanted to build rockets,
Jack说他想造火箭
and I might have said that he couldn't do it.
然后我可能说了些 他做不到之类的话
Dre. What?
Dre 怎么了
The brave men and women of the space program
太空项目里那些勇敢的男男女♥女♥
put themselves in enough danger.
已经够危险了
What was I supposed to do, huh?
我能怎么办 嗯
He's acting like robotics is his future.
他表现得好像机器人技术就是他的未来
Maybe it is.
也许就是呢
Bow. Yeah?
Bow 怎么了
Look around you. Huh? What?
看看你周围 啊 怎么了
All right. Jack is in way over his head,
这么和你说吧 Jack玩不转这东西
and we can't help him catch up,
而且我们也帮不上他
because we are in way over our heads, too, Bow.
因为我们也玩不转这东西 Bow
NNo... You know what?
不 不 这样吧
Name me two jobs at NASA.
说出两个国家航♥空♥航♥天♥局里的职业
Uh, okay. Uh, astronaut and... Mmhmm.
行啊 呃 航♥天♥员 还有 还有呢
...hidden figure.
<隐藏♥人♥物>
See? And you're the science parent. Okay.
明白了吗 你还是我们俩中更懂科学的那个 好吧
How is this gonna be his thing?
这怎么可能适合他呢
Dre, maybe his thing is just enjoying himself
Dre 也许享受这个过程就是适合他的路
and... and discovering a new interest.
同时找到新的兴趣
But is that enough?
但这就够了吗
I want to do more, but I don't want to see him fail again.
我想多做些什么 但我不想看他再一次失败
Maybe there isn't more for you to do, Dre.
也许你本来就做不了什么 Dre
Maybe it's just about cheering him on
也许你只需要鼓励鼓励他
when he has a great day like today.
在他兴致满满的时候 比如今天
Yeah.
好吧
He did do good today, didn't he?
他今天确实表现不错 不是吗
Yes, he did. Yeah, well, slow your roll.
是 好吧 也别太夸张
He didn't kill it. Dre. Come on.
毕竟他也不是大获全胜 Dre 够了
I mean, the robot arm, it... Sorry.
那条机器手臂 它 抱歉
Oh. But I couldn't help overhearing.
哦 我无意间听见你们的谈话
Okay. You know,
好吧 你知道吗
when I first got into inventing,
我刚开始搞发明的时候
my parents didn't get it either.
我的父母也理解不了
Mm-hmm.
是吗
But they supported it, and that meant the world to me.
但他们支持我 这对我来说意义重大
Okay, you know, buddy, I don't mean to c-cut you off,
好吧 伙计 我不是故意要打断你
but, uh, I don't really talk to weirdos
但是我一般不和那些
at, uh, robotic competitions, you know?
机器人竞赛里的怪胎讲话 知道吗
It's just how I was raised. Oh, no.
我家里就是这么教我的 哦 没事
I get that a lot.
这话我听习惯了
Yeah, I bet you do. Okay, Dre.
嗯 我想也是 够了 Dre
What? You just called Dean Kamen a weirdo.
怎么了? 你刚刚叫Dean Kamen怪胎
Look. Yeah, that man right there.
看 没错 墙上的那个人
Correction...
纠正一下
you let me call Dean Kamen a weirdo.
是你放任我叫Dean Kamen怪胎的
This one is on you. Hey, hey, Dean!
这该怪你 嘿 Dean
Hey, is Pluto still a planet, or is it just a star now?!
冥王星现在还是行星吗 还是只是个恒星
Hey.
嘿
That's a good spot for that.
这个位置不错
I put it with my basketball trophy
我把它和我的篮球奖杯放一起了
and the hot-dog-eating contest.
还有吃热狗大赛的奖杯
Ah, it really tells "The Story of Jack."
啊 从这里面真能读出"Jack的故事"了
Oh, let me read this story of Jack.
哦 让我来看看这个Jack的故事
Hey, son.
嘿 儿子
I just want to say I'm sorry for what I said before.
我只想说 我对之前说的话感到抱歉
You were right.
你是对的
I was hatin' for a minute.
我确实当了一小会黑子
But the truth is...
但事实是
I just want to let you know I'm proud of you.
我只想让你知道 我为你骄傲
You know, this whole robot thing
你知道吗 机器人这东西
is new to me and kind of scary.
对我来说是完全陌生的 而且有点吓人
Of course it's scary to you.
你当然会觉得吓人
You were born before the light bulb. Hmm?
你出生的时候灯泡还没发明出来呢 什么
Robotics was scary for me, too, in the beginning,
刚开始我也觉得机器人技术吓人
but then I saw that you learn more from your failures
但之后我发现 你在失败时学到的东西
than you do from your successes.
比成功时更多
All right. Yeah!
好吧 确实
A-And that's not all.
这还不是全部呢
It made me realize that I can apply that to everything.
这让我意识到 这道理适用于所有事物
School, TikToks, cooking.
学校 抖音 烹饪
Today I made a ham and peanut butter sandwich.
今天我做了一个火腿花生酱三明治
That was a hard fail. Mm.
完全失败了 嗯
But... But, hey, tomorrow I can try ham and jelly.
但是 嘿 明天我可以试试做个火腿果冻的
Who knows?
谁知道呢
Yeah, son. Who knows?
没错 儿子 谁知道呢
I think robotics is your thing.
我觉得你很适合学机器人技术
Yeah, I'm... I'm happy that you're learning from this
我很高兴能看到你从中学习
and that you're so into it.
也很欣慰你这么热爱它
I'm proud of you, Mr. Roboto.
我为你自豪 机器人先生
Thanks, Dad.
谢了 老爸
Hey, let's get serious for a second.
嘿 问你个严肃的问题
Whose job do you think will be replaced by a robot first?
你觉得谁的工作会最先被机器人替代
Mine or your mother's?
我的 还是你妈妈的
Probably Mom's.
妈妈的吧
Yes!
太棒了
Because yours won't exist in five years.
因为你的工作不超过5年就会消失
Uh...
呃
But I don't have any savings, son.
但我可没有积蓄啊 儿子
...and that's how my grandmother found herself in maritime jail
这就是我奶奶和一个叫Sheila的泄密者一起
with a snitch named Sheila,
进海事监狱的故事
and, as you can tell from my earlier stories...
而且 你们能从我之前讲的故事里看出
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表