Kids.
孩子们啊
Tiny, fragile, needy.
小小的 脆弱的 需要关爱
But they are still capable of amazing things.
但他们仍可大有作为
Alexander the Great was a military leader at age 20.
亚历山大大帝20岁时就是军队领袖了
At 16, Greta Thunberg inspired millions to fight climate change.
16岁的Greta Thunberg激励百万人对抗气候变化
She even sailed across the ocean to prove her point.
为了证明她的观点 她甚至划船横跨大海
Louis Braille was 15 when he invented his reading system.
Louis Braille自创阅读体系时才15岁
15. And blind!
15岁啊 而且他还看不见
Jack and Diane are Johnsons,
Jack和Diane是Johnson家的人
so I can't wait to see how they're going to shake up the world.
所以我等不及要看他们怎么颠覆世界
Will you guys take us to the artisanal ice cream place on Ventura?
你们能带我们去文图拉的手工冰激凌店吗
They read your aura and give you your flavor based on the color of your soul.
他们研究你的气质 根据你灵魂的颜色做出相应的口味
Oh, that's cute. Okay, guys, we have to go through these bills.
太可爱了 好了 孩子们 我们得算帐单呢
You know what? But here.
你们懂吗 但是 给
Here, take that 20.
拿着这20美元
Here. Go on your own.
这里 你们自己去
Uh, pass.
呃 不行
I thought you wanted ice cream?
我以为你们想吃冰激凌
Not bad enough to go by ourselves.
没想到我们得自己去的地步
Come on, Diane. Let's just get some fruit.
Diane 算了 我们去吃水果
Thanks a lot.
多谢
Alexander the Great conquered the world.
亚历山大大帝征服了世界
These two won't even conquer the block.
他们俩甚至不会去征服一个街区
Hey, hey, hey. Hang on.
嘿 嘿 嘿 等等
Just because someone won't give you a ride, you're not gonna go?
就因为没人开车带你们去 你们就不去了吗
You said it's on Ventura. W... Just walk.
你们说了就在文图拉了 走去呗
Uh, that strip mall's not fully gentrified yet.
那条商业街还没完全改造好
W...
什
It's anchored by a liquor store.
招牌商店是家烟酒行
That liquor store has a Michelin star.
那家烟酒行可是米其林一星呢
You'll be fine.
你们不会有事的
I don't know.
说不准
Anything could happen. Yes.
什么事都可能发生 就是
Anything could happen,
什么事都可能发生
and if you go with me, you know exactly what's gonna happen.
如果你们和我一起去 你们很清楚路上会发生什么的
We're gonna listen to Jodeci's first album.
听Jodeci第一张专辑
Huh? I'm gonna say, "What's taking so long?"
我会说 "为什么花了这么长时间"
And then I'm gonna get mad
然后我就会生气
because they have a tip jar at a self-serve ice cream place.
因为他们在自助冰激凌摊放了个小费罐
Listen, if you want to have fun, you should go.
听着 你们想找点乐子 就去吧
By yourselves.
自己去
We're in range for dinner.
我们马上要吃晚饭了
We'll just call it. Peace.
就不去吃冰激凌了 完事了
What the hell just happened?
刚才他妈发生了啥
Where is their sense of adventure?
冒险精神哪里去了
Seriously.
说真的
When I was around their age, me and Sha...
我像他们那么大时 我和Sha
we went to the recycle factory.
我们去回收工厂
Ooh, recycle factory.
哦 回收工厂
Okay, that's not the point of the story, Bow.
Bow 这不是故事重点
Oh. All right? We were crossing the street,
哦 好吗 我们正要过街
and as I stepped off the curb,
当我离开路边时
I noticed my foot was on something.
我发现踩到什么东西了
I look down,
我向下看了一眼
and it was tickets to the Clippers' first game in Los Angeles. No.
是快船队在洛杉矶的第一场比赛 不会吧
Floor seats.
前排座位
That sounds like a dream sequence
听起来就像<街区男孩>里
that was cut out of "Boyz n the Hood."
截选的梦幻情节
Yeah, it took us two buses to get to the LA Sports Arena.
是啊 我们坐了两辆公交车才到洛杉矶体育竞技场呢
We sat next to Donald Sterling.
我们坐在Donald Sterling旁边
Ew. He did not like that.
呕 他不喜欢那样
No. But the Clippers... they won that night.
不喜欢 但那晚快船队 他们赢了
And in that moment, I became a Clipper fan.
在那一刻 我成了快船队的粉丝
None of that would have been possible, Bow,
Bow 如果我没出去的话
if I was not out there.
这些都不可能发生
Is this why you're so upset that Jack is a Lakers fan?
这就是你气Jack是湖人队粉丝的原因吗
Now, that is a betrayal, Bow. Uhhuh.
那简直是背叛 Bow 啊哈
It makes no sense to just root for whatever team LeBron is on.
詹姆斯在哪个队就支持哪个队 简直没道理
I wish that our kids had more of a sense of adventure, too,
我也希望我们的孩子能更有冒险精神一点
but you can't force it.
但你不能强迫啊
But it needs to happen now, Bow,
Bow 但他们现在就得有
because if it doesn't, they're gonna miss out on the fun of
如果没有的话 他们就要错过
finding shortcuts through people's yards or...
找到别人家院子小路的乐趣
or exploring abandoned buildings. What?
或者探索废弃楼房♥的乐趣了 什么
Or playing touch football on the onramp to the 105 freeway. You're...
或者在105高速路的入口匝道上玩触身式橄榄球 你真是
Those are all crimes.
这些可是犯罪
You didn't grow up in Compton, Bow.
Bow 你不是在康普顿长大的
As much as I tried to let it go,
尽管我努力释怀
I couldn't shake the feeling
我还是忍♥不住在想
that Jack and Diane were missing out on something
Jack和Diane错过了一些
that was critical to my childhood.
我童年时重要的东西
Gentlemen, Stevens and Lido is now a church,
先生们 Stevens and Lido如今是个教堂了
and if anyone asks,
如果有人问
you are all men of the cloth and I don't pay any taxes.
你们都是牧师了 我不用交任何税
Worked for Kanye.
Kanye用过这招
Whoa, uh, Deacon Johnson, hello?
哇哦 Johnson执事 还好吗
Yeah, I would have thought you'd be more into this.
我本以为你会更喜欢这个
Oh, sorry. I was...
对不起 我只是
I was just thinking about Jack and Diane
我刚才在想Jack和Diane
refusing to go outside into the neighborhood
光天化日之下
in the middle of the day.
拒绝去社区里
Is Sherman Oaks no longer a safe White neighborhood,
是谢尔曼橡树街不再是安全的白人社区了
or have more, uh... "Apartment people" moved in there?
还是有更多"住公♥寓♥的人"搬进来了
Nah, it's perfectly safe.
没有 安全得很
Kids just aren't built the same anymore.
孩子们只是和以前不一样了
It's the milk.
是牛奶的锅
We had that good '80s steroids milk.
我们过去都喝八十年代的优质类固醇奶
Kind that made you wanna
那种让你在吃完麦片时
fight your mama when you ran out of cereal.
想和你妈打一架的
It wasn't the same for Zoey and Junior.
Zoey和Junior不这样啊
You know, but Jack and Diane
但Jack和Diane
have grown up with all these gadgets and apps at their fingertips.
一路玩电子产品和应用程序长大
They basically never have to leave the house.
他们基本上从来不用离开家
Smart phones make dumb kids.
智能手♥机♥让孩子变傻
Boy, there is nothing like a good adventure.
世上没有比探险更好玩的了
When I was a young lad, I once got lost in the woods for days.
我小时候曾经在小树林里迷路了好几天
Had to go house-to-house, surviving on nothing
一家一家地走 仅靠我的智慧
but my wits and the kindness of strangers.
和陌生人的善意活下来
Kind of like, uh, trick-or-treating, but to live.
有点像 万圣节讨糖果那样 但是为了活下来
God, that must have been so scary.
天哪 肯定很吓人
Oh, it was.
哦 吓死人了
Turns out, I never left my family's property
结果 我从来没有离开家族财产范围
and everyone I met worked for us, but eventually,
而且我遇见的每个人都是我家的员工 但最终
I ran into my driver, Tomathy,
我碰上了我的司机 Tomathy
and he popped me in the back of the limo
他把我放在加长轿车的后座
and took me back to the big house. So...
带我回到了那栋大房♥子
That's nothing.
这没什么
When I was growing up as a kid in Missouri,
当我还是个孩子 长在密苏里时
me and my best friend, we built a raft,
我和我最好的朋友 造了艘木筏
and we went all the way down the Mississippi River,
顺着密西西比河流
having all kinds of adventures.
经历了各种各样的探险
That's just what happened in "Huckleberry Finn," Charlie.
Charlie 那不是发生在<哈克贝利·芬历险记>里的吗
This is ridiculous, Dre.
Dre 这太荒谬了
Your entitled children are abusing your kindness.
你家的小皇帝在践踏你的善良
Oh, I-it's a dangerous world, man,
哦 我 这是个危险的世界
and Jack and Diane are not free-range kids.
Jack和Diane不是自♥由♥放养的儿童
Okay, now I see what's happening, Dre.
Dre 好了 我明白发生什么了
This is all your fault.
都是你的错
You have domesticated your children.
你像对待动物一样驯化了你的孩子
Oh, my God.
哦 天哪
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表