The Black middle class has been around forever.
黑人中产阶级遍布各地
We started moving on up way before George Jefferson did,
我们在George Jefferson之前就已经开始前进了
and as long as the Black middle class has been around,
只要黑人中产阶级存在
so have the private organizations they formed
就有他们建立的私人组织
to socialize, mobilize, and uplift the race.
来社交 动员 提升种族地位
There are sororities and fraternities
有姐妹会和兄弟会
like Alpha Kappa Alpha and Omega Psi Phi,
像"Alpha Kappa Alpha"和"Omega Psi Phi"
and clubs like the Links, the Boulé, and Jack and Jill.
也有"联结会" "名人会" "Jack和Jill"这样的俱乐部
To be a member of those groups, you had to be a somebody.
要成为这些组织的一员 你必须是个有头有脸的人物
But since I grew up a nobody in Compton,
但我从一个康普顿的无名小卒成长起来
these people never looked twice at me.
所以这些人从来没看过我第二眼
Which is why it was so surprising when this happened.
这就是为什么这件事发生的时候我如此吃惊
Oh. Somebody's lime dressing's gonna be robust tonight.
今晚有人做的青柠沙拉酱会很好吃
A man who appreciates a shallot.
喜欢吃火葱的男人
Is that for accentuating lamb or veal?
用来煮羊肉还是牛肉
Neither.
都不是
Making some, uh, tarragon fingerling potatoes.
做一些龙蒿小土豆
There's a place for brothers like us.
有一个适合我们这样的人的去处
"You're invited to join Premier Noir, Incorporated...
"邀请您加入黑色至尊俱乐部
where the Black elite meet"?
黑人精英们的聚会"
What? Hey.
什么 嘿
Oh, hell no.
哦 不是吧
Bow, we have a problem.
Bow 我们遇到个事
Dre, you can eat a couple grapes.
Dre 你可以吃串葡萄
You're not gonna get in trouble.
你不会碰到什么麻烦的
What is...
这是什么
You got invited to join Premier Noir?
你被邀请加入"黑色至尊"了吗
Yes.
是的
That's crazy!
这太棒了
Black social clubs have never been into me,
我从没加入过黑人社交俱乐部
and now that I'm a successful brother with a reusable tote,
现在我又成了拿着环保袋的成功人士
I'm Premier Noir material?
你看我像加入"黑色至尊"的那块料吗
Let's not make this about you, Dre.
我们先不谈你 Dre
This is an opportunity for our kids
这是我们孩子的一次机会
to be a part of a black community.
成为黑人社群的一员
I mean, come on, Dre, we don't go to church that much,
我的意思是 Dre 我们不经常去教堂
and we live in an all-White neighborhood...
并且住在一个几乎全是白人的街区
Yeah.
是啊
...and we never manage to get together
而且我们从来没搭上过
with that one Black family at the school.
学校里的另一个黑人家庭
Come on, Amukamuras.
来吧 Amukamuras
All right, let's hang, all right? We got to do this.
我们出去逛逛怎样 好吗 我们得聚一下
Come on!
来吧
Okay.
好啊
Bye. Bye.
再见 再见
She acts like she's the only doctor at school.
她表现得就好像她是学校里唯一的医生一样
I'm head of Neuro at Cedars.
我可是西达医院神经科的头儿
And can he talk any louder?
他还能叫得再大声点吗
You're from Compton. We get it.
知道了 你们来自康普顿
Look, I-I know it's weird for you,
听着 我知道这对你来说很奇怪
but you got to give Premier Noir a chance, Dre.
但你得给"黑色至尊"一次机会 Dre
You could be passing up the opportunity to be a part of
不然你可能会错失一次
a social network of people that are just like you.
加入同类交际圈的机会
Please, they're so superficial.
拜托 他们太肤浅了
We have nothing in common.
我们没有任何相同点
Dre, you are fresh off of a four-handed massage from a members-only spa.
Dre 你享受会员专属的四手按♥摩♥
Uh, come on.
别装了
I also had a seaweed body wrap.
我还做过海草包裹身体的护理
So, what's your point?
所以 你到底想说什么
You boujee, Dre.
你是个上等人 Dre
Yeah.
没错
Bow called me boujee.
Bow管我叫上等人
Because you are boujee.
因为你就是个上等人
No, I'm not. Sure you are.
不 我不是 你绝对是
You, your wife, kids... boujee.
你 你妻子 你的孩子 都是上等人
Boujee, boujee.
上等人 上等人
Boujee, boujee, boujee.
上等人 上等人 上等人
I'm sorry. Um... what is a "Boujee"?
抱歉 什么是"Boujee"
It's someone who starts to make a little money,
是一些挣了点小钱的人
and then they think they're better than regular Black folks.
觉得自己比普通的黑人兄弟强一等了
Well, which part of that is not you, though?
所以 其中的哪一点不符合你呢
None of it, man.
没有任何一点相同 兄弟
I think a baseball cap can still be formal wear.
我认为棒球帽也可以在正式场合穿
Yep.
没错
I have a thousand dollars in a shoe box above the refrigerator
我在厨房♥冰箱上的一个鞋盒里
in my kitchen.
放了一千美元
So, I'm not boujee.
所以 我不是上等人
If anything, I'm hood rich.
如果一定要说的话 我只是个朴素有钱人
Fascinating.
说得好
So... So, what is the difference between the two?
所以这两者的区别在哪
A-And if you could explain it to me
你能拿我尊敬的黑人
using a Black person whom I respect,
举例说明吗
like, uh, uh, Kobe Bryant?
比如 科比布莱恩特
Boujee.
上等人
Oh, Cardi B?
哦 那Cardi B
Hood rich.
朴素有钱人
Uh, Jay-Z and Beyoncé?
呃 Jay-Z和碧昂丝
W-Well, they started out hood rich,
嗯 他们一开始只是朴素有钱人
but then turned boujee when they wore matching suits at the Louvre.
但当他们在罗浮宫穿配套的正装的时候变成了上等人
Science question...
问一个科学的问题
um, can one be boujee,
有没有人可能一开始是上等人
but then become hood rich?
但是之后变成朴素有钱人
Ooh.
哦
You know, there's only one person we can think of.
你知道的 我们只能想到一个人
Yeah, yeah.
没错
Mariah Carey.
玛利亚 凯丽
But she gets a pass because
但是她通过是因为
she has a five-octave vocal range, so...
她的音域有五个八度
And those hips.
还有她的屁♥股♥
All of this trouble because Bow wants to join some stupid club!
这些麻烦都是因为Bow想加入那个愚蠢的俱乐部
We... We... We already have all the clubs we need!
我们 我们已经有了我们需要的俱乐部了
We're members of the Auto Club!
我们是汽车俱乐部的成员
AAA for life!
美国汽车协会就是生命
Yay, yay!
耶 耶
Damn it! Bow got me all worked up.
妈的 Bow搞得我很激动
You know what?
知道吗
I'm gonna take the rest of the day and buy me a chain.
我今天要休息了 去给自己买♥♥条链子
Um... it's 10:15 in the morning, Dre.
呃 现在是早上10点15分 Dre
He doesn't care.
他不在乎
He's hood rich.
他是朴素有钱人
Hey, Pops...
嘿 老爹
Boy, I told you,
孩子 我告诉过你了
I don't care what you look like as an old man.
我不想看你老了长什么样
No, no, no.
不不不
I just wanted to know when your wedding is
我只是想知道你的婚礼是什么时候
so I can figure out how hard I need
这决定了我有多长时间
to hit Tinder to find my plus-one.
在Tinder上找到参加婚礼的女伴
Well, Lynette hasn't gotten around to picking a date yet,
Lynette还没定好日子
but as soon as she does, I'll let you know.
她定下来之后我会尽快告诉你
Wait, I thought you guys were planning the wedding together?
等等 我以为你们一起策划婚礼
You don't understand, Junior.
你不懂 Junior
Women don't want men's input for wedding planning.
女人不希望男人插手策划婚礼
They're not good at it...
他们不擅长这个
you know, the way women aren't good at math.
你知道的 就像女人不擅长数学一样
You name me one lady math person.
给我举一个喜欢数学的女性的例子
And don't say "Hidden Figures."
不要说<隐藏♥人♥物>
That was science fiction.
那是科幻片
Uh, Pops, I thought you were excited to get married.
呃 老爹 我以为你对结婚这件事很兴奋
I am.
我确实很兴奋
I love Lynette.
我爱Lynette
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表