I don't even say anything when you call meetings powwows.
当你把家庭会议称为"议事会"时 我什么都没说
But electric smokers?
但是电烤炉
They're the future of barbecue.
它们是烧烤的未来
You know what? I'll show you.
你知道吗 我会证明给你看
Let's have a good old-fashioned cook off.
让我们来个老式烧烤比赛吧
Fine.
好的
Loser puts his hand on a hot grill.
输了的把手放在热烤架上
I was thinking more like a trophy with, like, a little pig on it.
我想的是得到一个上面有小猪的奖杯
Bet.
成交
Okay, ladies remind me what you're getting.
好了 女士们 提醒我一下你们想做什么发型
I'm getting the usual with a little bam on it.
我和往常一样 上面再给我来一下
Oh, I-I want the braids with, like, the jewelry in it.
我想要带珠子的辫子
And... And Diane is gonna get... Oh, Mom, got this.
还有Diane想要 哦 妈妈 我来
Oh, okay. Same old, same old.
哦 好的 老样子 老样子
Just getting my relaxer touched up.
就用直发膏补一下发根
What a relaxer is...
什么是直发膏
it is a creamy chemical substance which takes kinky, curly hair, and straightens it.
它是一种能拉直卷曲的头发的乳脂状的化学物质
I got my first relaxer when I was 7.
我7岁的时候第一次用直发膏
I begged, begged for straight hair.
我乞求 乞求有一头直发
Getting a relaxer can be very painful.
用直发膏可能是非常痛苦的
And you'd sit there while it burned in little, bitty parts,
你坐在那 有的地方有点灼烧感
and then she'd say, "Hold on. Ba... Just... J-J... Don't be tender-headed."
然后她就会说 "坚持住 不要那么娇气"
Oh, Diane, I'm gonna make you look great.
哦 Diane 我会让你变美的
Okay,boo?
好吗 亲爱的
Okay, so, are we up soon?
好的 所以 快到我们了吗
Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're next.
哦 是的 是的 是的 你们是下一个
Oh, good. Okay.
哦 好 好的
Um, let me just rinse out Carol and put her under the dryer
呃 我先给Carol冲洗干净 给她罩上烘发机
and then I need to dust up Lisa a little bit,
然后我要给Lisa修修发尾
and then I need to get Carol from under the dryer,
再然后我要给Carol拿开烘发机
and then I got to have a three-piece.
然后我还要接一个三层式假发
You know what I'm saying.
你懂我在说什么
And then after that, y'all next.
再之后就轮到你们了
Tha... Thanks, Yaya.
谢 谢谢啊 Yaya
See? We are next.
听见了吗 下一个就是我们了
Diane?
Diane
Yaya's finally ready for you.
Yaya终于可以帮你做头发了
Boy, you were really knocked out there.
你刚才睡得是真熟啊
Yeah.
是啊
Ms. Yaya.
Yaya阿姨
It's kind of tingling.
我感觉头皮有点刺痛
You are so tender-headed.
你的头还太嫩
Okay, it smells like something's burning.
啊 现在闻起来像有什么烧着了
I think my hair's on fire.
我觉得我头发着火了
You are crazy, Diane.
别闹了 Diane
There's still hair. I still have hair.
头发还在 我还有头发
Not if I have anything to do with it.
有我在你就不会有头发
What's wrong?
怎么了
I'm never putting that stuff in my hair again.
我再也不会把那玩意儿顶脑袋上了
I am done with relaxers.
我受够直发膏了
Okay.
好吧
Are you having a hair freakout?
你是不是美发恐惧症发作了
Here we go again.
又来了
Y'all ladies really need to start having your hair epiphanies at home.
你们这些人真的应该在家里想清楚了 再来
I... I just can't do it. Okay.
我 我就是没法让她下手 好吧
I-I had this dream, right?
我 我做了个梦 你知道吗
And my hair was on fire and it was falling out,
梦里我头发着火了 一撮撮地掉
and the relaxer was trying to kill me.
然后那个直发膏想杀了我
What?
什么
I think the dream was a sign that I need to move beyond relaxers.
我觉得那个梦是个预兆 告诉我应该别再和直发剂死磕
Yeah. That sounds fine.
对 我觉得挺好的
Sounds like you're ready for some sort of big change.
看来你已经准备好换个造型了
Maybe we should go home, have a conversation about it.
也许我们应该回家 好好聊聊这件事
We can pull out some hair magazines,
我们可以抽出几本美发杂♥志♥看看
Google some stuff,
谷歌♥了解一下
maybe make a Pinterest board,
或者上拼趣网找找灵感
get your sister on the phone, ta...
给你姐打个电♥话♥ 聊
Or we can just consult with the professionals here.
或者我们可以直接和这里的专业美发师咨♥询♥一下
Yeah, we could do that.
也行啊 我们也可以咨♥询♥咨♥询♥
We could definitely have that very intimate conversation
我们完全可以和这些人掏心窝子聊聊
with a whole bunch of people who did not give birth to you.
就是这堆人一个也不是你妈
All right, Diane.
好了 Diane
What are you thinking?
你有什么想法
Okay, well, just spit-balling here.
嗯 我随口说一个啊
A press and curl.
拉直后烫卷如何
Okay. I can have the same look,
好啊 看起来不会有太大变化
and my routine is relatively unchanged.
而且我每天整理头发的流程可以大致不变
But you know what that means, right?
但是你知道那意味着什么 对吧
Ugh. Yeah.
呃 对
Right.
还真是
It's Diane Johnson's Celebrity Hot Tub Party!
下面是Diane Johnson的名人热浴池派对
And now, here is the one and only Diane Johnson!
现在 让我们有请独一无二的Diane Johnson出场
One, two, three, four!
一 二 三 四
Hey!
嘿
**Hot tub, gonna make me sweat*
*热浴池 使我全身出汗
**I say, hot tub*
*我说 热浴池
**Rub-a-dub in the, in the hot tub*
*左搓搓 右揉揉 浴池里我们交朋友
Can I ask y'all something?
我能问你们个事儿吗
Yeah!
当然
Can I get in the hot tub? No!
我能进热浴池吗 不行
Can I get in the sauna? No!
我可以蒸桑拿吗 当然不行
Can I go swimming?
我可以去游泳吗
Try a swim cap.
带上泳帽才能去
Well, well, well.
唉 唉 唉
Well, all right, sounds like you are ready for something new.
好吧 看来你准备好尝试不同风格了
A new choice.
一个新选择
What about...
你觉得
You want to go natural?
走自然风格怎么样
In thinking about my own hair journey,
我回顾了我的美发历程
it's been such a long process.
一路尝试过很多造型
It started... Well, the year was 1985.
是从 那一年是1985年 从那一年开始
You know Yaya has other clients, right?
你知道Yaya还有别的顾客 对吧
Yes, I was... Oh, finally. Somebody had to say it.
是 我那时 哦 可算完了 总有人得说出口
Okay. Okay.
好吧 行吧
Um, just give me the real here, all right?
呃 要跟我说实话啊
Um, if I decided to go natural...
呃 如果我想做自然风格的头发
...how would this go?
是什么流程呢
Well, you would start with the big chop.
首先呢 我们会给你一个大削
The big chop?
大削是啥
Oh, did somebody say "The big chop"?
欸 是不是有人提起大削呢
Oh, my chair is open.
我这儿没人
I can get you natural in less than 10 minutes.
我十分钟之内就能给你做个自然风格的
What is she talking about?
她说啥呢
Basically, the big chop means that we cut off all the relaxed hair,
基本上 大削就是我们把所有的柔顺过的头发剪掉
and what's left is a really cute short haircut.
剩下的就是 特别可爱的短发造型了
It's the only way to go.
只能用理发推剃头
I have to shave my head right now?
我现在必须剃头吗
No, Diane, you do not have to shave your head right now.
不 Diane 你不用现在立马剃头
You can transition at your own pace.
你想换发型的时候再换
You can let your hair grow out,
你可以等你的头发长出来
and then, when you are ready,
然后呢 等你准备好了的时候
then we can cut off the relaxed ends.
我们就可以剪掉柔顺过的头发
Yeah, but don't wait too long.
对 但是别等太长时间
Right, Angie?
对吧 Angie
I just want to grow it out a little bit more.
我就想等它再长那么一点点
Okay, girl.
行啊 姐妹
Oh, you see that, son?
哦 你看见了吗 儿子
The low flame is doing its job.
小火慢烤多靠谱
Ah, fantastic, Dad.
啊 挺不错的 爸爸
W-With all the smoke,
这 这么些烟
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表