We got our own signature shoe.
有自己的签名鞋
I don't know what you talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
Yeah. I guess you wouldn't.
我猜你不知道
Look, if you want my advice,
听着 如果你想要我的建议的话
there's nothing you can do to make him grow.
想让他长高 你什么也做不了
Unless you want to rename him LaVar.
除非你给他重新起名叫LaVar
Then he could be 10 feet tall, could do nothing but ball.
这样他能长到三米高 打球很厉害
Bye-bye.
拜拜
LaVar?
LaVar
This was not helpful at all.
一点用都没有
Whatever.
随你的便
Hey, Dre.
嘿 Dre
Were you talking about Jack to your... to your cousin there?
你刚才在和你的堂兄讨论Jack吗
He's not my cousin.
他不是我堂兄
And how did you know we were talking about Jack?
你怎么知道我们在说Jack的事的
Well, we heard your cousin say you can't make him grow,
好吧 我们听到你堂兄说你不能让他长个
so that sort of gave it away.
那个泄露了你们的谈话内容
Don't listen to them, Dre.
Dre 别听他们说的话
Jack's pretty tall for 6.
Jack的身高对于六岁的孩子来说足够高了
He's 13.
他都十三岁了
All right. Black don't crack, do it?
好吧 黑人不显老 对吧
I know Jack is short for his age, all right?
我知道Jack在同龄人中算矮的了
But that's no big deal, okay?
但这不是什么大问题 好吗
You know, a growth spurt is coming.
他就要拔个了
Ehhhh.
额
Yeah. Uhh.
是的 是的
What? Nothing, nothing.
怎么了 没啥 没啥
It's... It's just... how tall do you want Jack to be?
只是 只是 你想让Jack长多高
You know, 6', 6'1".
一米八 一米八五
6'1". That's funny.
一米八五 太搞笑了
That'll never happen, and it's a damn shame
不可能的 而且这特别可惜
because tall people get all the breaks.
因为高个子有很多机会
Picked first for basketball, last for Vietnam.
高个子被选上打篮球 矮个子去越南
Think about it, Dre.
Dre 好好想想
A tall man in a suit
一个穿西装的高个子
looks like he should be going to a board meeting,
会看上去像参加董事会的
but a short man in a suit,
但一个穿西装的矮个子
oh, he looks like he should be
看上去就好像应该
sitting on another man's lap with a hand up his ass.
坐在另一个人♥大♥腿上被打屁♥股♥
What? He's got a point, Dre.
你说什么 Dre 他说的有道理
You know, the only reason my cousin agreed to go to prom with me
你知道 我堂姐妹愿意和我一起去参加舞会的唯一原因是
is because I was taller than my other cousin.
我比其他堂兄弟高
What? What?
什么 什么
I'm from a small town, guys.
我周围的人都挺矮的
It can't be that small.
不可能那么矮吧
Look, Dre, your son won't just be behind socially.
Dre 你的儿子在社会上也会落人一步的
How many short presidents and CEOs have there been?
有几个总统和首席执行官是矮个子吗
Even this job demands height.
即使这份工作也有身高要求
I am so glad to meet you. I just... Oh, wow!
我很高兴遇见你 我刚才 哦
The position has been filled, actually,
事实上 这个职位已经有人了
I'm so sorry, by, um... by that guy.
我很抱歉 就是 就是那个人
Come on in, Stretch. You're hired.
进来吧 大高个儿 你被雇用了
So sorry. Have you seen "Ant-Man"?
太遗憾了 你看过<蚁人>吗
It's so good.
太好看了
Not hiring short people is one of the few discriminations
不招矮人这种光明正大还不违法的歧视
that I am still legally allowed,
已经所剩无几了
so it's pretty precious to me.
所以我很珍惜这种权利
Hey, Dre, that's not the worst of it.
嘿 Dre 这还不是最糟的
Really?
真的吗
Short men are the only people who respect me.
尊敬我的只有个子矮的人
Oh, my God. Jack is screwed.
天啊 Jack完蛋了
And to think, this whole time, you were worried
说起来 之前的时候 你还一直担心
how the world would treat your son because he's Black,
你的儿子会受到种族歧视
but it turns out being short is gonna destroy him.
原来 最终摧毁他的会是他的身高问题
Hilarious.
太搞笑了
I had to do something to help Jack.
我得帮帮Jack
Luckily, a little research
幸运的是 经过一番搜索
led me to a solution for all of his problems.
我找到了拯救他的灵丹妙药
Son, um, can I talk to you for a second?
儿子 我能跟你聊聊吗
Not now, Dad.
现在不行 爸爸
I'm gonna try and eat this whole can in three bites.
我要试试能不能三口吃光一整罐
The trick to pulling it off is to not care about anything.
从失败中走出来的秘诀就是什么都不在乎
Son, what if I told you
儿子 如果我告诉你
I found something that can get you back on the basketball team?
我找到了一种能让你重回篮球队的东西呢
All right, look, it's a drug.
那个东西呢 是一种药
It's called human growth hormone.
叫人类生长激素
FDA-approved. It works, all right?
通过了食品药品管理局认证 是有用的 懂吗
It can make you tall.
它能让你长高
Wait, what? Yes!
等等 什么 你没听错
I'm gonna make our dreams come true!
我要让我们的梦想成真
Oh, thanks, Dad!
谢谢你 爸爸
Hey.
嘿
Oh, my God. I'm so glad to see that you're feeling better.
太好了 看到你心情变好了妈妈真开心
I am, 'cause I'm gonna be tall!
是啊 因为我要变高了
Dad's gonna give me drugs.
爸爸说要给我吃药
No. No, no, no, no, no, no, no.
不 不 不 不
No, no. No, no, no.
不 不 不 不
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yes.
是的 是的 是的 是的
I am so much better at this than you.
教育儿子我可比你在行
Okay.
好吧
No, I... No.
不行 我还
Dre, get back in here. Can never do nothing!
Dre 回来 我做什么都是错的
Dre, you've had some really bad ideas,
Dre 你之前也老出一些馊主意
but giving Jack the human growth hormone?
但是你认真的吗 给Jack吃人类生长激素
That's up there with you wanting to open a pizza shop
简直跟上次你说想开一家只卖♥♥饼皮的披萨店
that only serves the crust.
一样异想天开
Hey, Curly's Crusty Cave could still be a reality.
说什么呢 Curly的饼皮之家离开店只有一步之遥
We just need the permits.
就只差许可证了
Fuck this city.
这操蛋的城市
How could you talk to Jack without consulting me?
你跟Jack说之前怎么不问问我呢
Bow, you're a doctor.
Bow 你是医生
How are you gonna be upset with me
我这是在用医学解决问题啊
for trying to fix something with medical science?
你怎么能因为这个跟我生气呢
'Cause you don't know anything about medical science.
因为你对医学一无所知
You act as if I haven't researched this.
你说得好像我没做好调查一样
"How to make small boys big?"
"怎么让矮个子男孩长高"
Jack is a normal, healthy boy.
Jack很正常 很健康
And I'm not giving him drugs
我不会让他吃药
just 'cause he didn't make the basketball team.
只因为他没被选上篮球队
Okay, it's not just about basketball, Bow.
这不只是篮球的问题 Bow
It's about his whole life.
这会影响他的一生
It could be harder if he doesn't get taller.
如果他不长高点儿的话 人生会很艰难
Maybe it will, maybe it won't.
可能会 也可能不会
I used to be friends with this kid.
以前我有个朋友
We called him Lil Tiny Man.
人称"小矮人"
Stood 5'4" In his shoes.
穿上鞋高一米六二
Now, all the big kids used to pick on him all the time.
之前啊 所有的大孩子一直喜欢找他的茬
See? But it made him tougher.
我说吧 但是这让他变得更加强壮了
See, by the time we graduated high school,
当我们高中毕业的时候
he had everybody's respect.
他赢得了所有人的尊重
See? Happy ending.
听到了吗 圆♥满♥的结局
Oh, no! No, no.
不 不 还没完
To earn their respect,
为了赢得那些人的尊重
he had to fight damn near the whole neighborhood.
他几乎打遍了我们那片儿的所有人
Oh. Mm. Okay, well...
哦 嗯 好吧 就算
Got himself sent to jail. Now he's dead.
他因为这个被抓去坐牢 最后死了
You hear that, Bow? Yes.
听到了吗 Bow 是的
Huh? If you don't write him a prescription,
听听 如果你不给他开处方的话
he is going to die!
他会死的
In jail! Okay.
死在监狱里 好吧
剧集 | 喜新不厌旧(2014) | 导航列表