剧集 | 赤子之心(2010) | 导航列表
Of course.
当然
Well, I'd love you to sell them.If you want to.
真好 我希望你卖♥♥了它们 如果你愿意要
Logan, these paintings,
Logan 这些画
they're going to put me in a position I never thought I'd reach,
它们会把我推上一个我未曾想过的高度
in my wildest dreams.
即使是在我最疯狂的梦想中
Then I couldn't be happier.
到时候我会再高兴不过了
And I'll be in your debt for the rest of my life.
我这后半辈子都得欠你情了
Even better.
那更好了
But I'll take my time. I'll...
不过我需要时间 我...
Yes. I'll... I'll go to America with them.
对 我...我要带它去美国
Whatever you think. I've have no idea.
随便你想什么吧 我是没有意见了
Steady on!
要克制啊!
Have you gone and robbed a bank?
你抢银行去了吗?
No. I sold the paintings to Ben.
没有 我把画卖♥♥给了Ben
It's in case anything happens to me.
以防我有什么不测
Oh, hang on. You're going on a flying boat to Portugal
哦 等等 你只是搭飞船去葡萄牙
to see the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, for heaven's sake.
见温莎公爵夫妇 我的天哪
It's hardly the front line.
又不是要去前线
I know, I know.
我知道 我知道
But it is a mission of sorts.
但这怎么说也是个任务啊
Dark and dirty work but somebody's got to do it.
再污秽的工作总得有人去做
Give me that!
给我!
I do.
我
I do remember you,
我记得你
Mr Mountstuart. Of course!
没错 是Mountstuart先生!
Biarritz, you let David play through.
在比亚里茨你跟David痛快地打过一局
Come along. David!
过来 David!
Hello.
你好
Who's this?
这是谁?
Mr Mountstuart.
Mountstuart先生
We met him in Biarritz at the golf course. Remember?
我们在比亚里茨的高尔夫场上见过 记得吗?
Are you a golfer?
你是高尔夫球手吗?
Yes, I am actually.
正是
Thank god. At last, a golfer!
天啊 竟然是高尔夫球手!
Well, we must play a round.
我们得过两招
Well, I'd love to...
嗯 我很乐意...
Tomorrow.
明天吧
Have you met Ricardo's cousin?
你见过Ricardo的表亲吗?
No.
没有
Damned humid.
真TM潮湿
Have you a cigarette, Mountstuart?
Mountstuart 有烟吗?
Yes, of course.
有的
Get back! Stay there!
回去!在那别动!
Always stand too bloody close.
老是站得那么近
Yes, it is very humid, isn't it, sir?
真是湿漉漉的 对吧 先生?
Well, I'll have to get used to it.
嗯 我不得不慢慢适应
I don't follow.
我不奉陪了
They've offered me a new job for the duration.
他们已经给我找了个稳定的新工作
I'm to be Governor of the Bahamas.
我要到巴哈马群岛当地方长官
Well, it's certainly very tropical.
哇 天气肯定很热
And one of our smallest colonies, Mountstuart.
Mountstuart 那是我们最小的殖民地之一
The king and his interfering wife want me completely out of the way.
国王和他那碍手碍脚的老婆想除掉我这根眼中钉
My brother is...an affable fool,
我兄弟是...一个友善的傻瓜
but his wife's a nasty schemer. She can't stand Wallis.
不过他老婆诡计多端 她受不了Wallis
Very jealous.
嫉妒心很强
What they don't realise is, I'm not moving one bloody inch
他们没有意识到 我是雷打不动的
until I get what I want.
除非我能达到目的
I'll let you have that, sir.
我会助你如愿的 先生
I'm not moving
我不会走的
unless I have my valet, Piper Fletcher.
除非我见到我的贴身男仆 Piper Fletcher
Churchill says he's a serving soldier,
丘吉尔说他是军人
can't be released for this kind of duty. Fucking nonsense.
不能抽身参与此类工作 一派胡言
Bad luck, Mountstuart.
Mountstuart 真不够运气
That's 6 pounds you owe me.
你欠我6英镑了
Do you have a valet, Mountstuart?
你有贴身男仆吗 Mountstuart?
No. No, I don't.
不 不 我没有
You should get one. People don't understand
你应该要一个 人们不明白
that someone in my position
像我这样地位的人
simply cannot function without a valet.
要是没有一个贴身男仆真使不上力
So if you had Fletcher, sir, that would change the situation?
所以说有了Fletcher 您就能扭转局面了吗?
When a man has a valet, Mountstuart,
Mountstuart 当你有了贴身男仆
everything is suddenly possible.
顿时就变得一切皆有可能了
'I telegraphed London, said it was very simple,
我打电报到伦敦 说这是个简单的事
'the Duke had to have his valet. Problem over.
公爵必须有个贴身男仆 问题就解决了
'Everything in the garden rosy again.
一切将会回到正轨
'He has to get what he wants.
他必须得到他想要的
It's that easy. That's the key.
这才是症结所在 就是那么简单
'Basically all one has to say to him is, yes.
简而言之 只要满足他就可以了
'Any variation of yes is all that's required. You can chat away for hours.'
任何形式的满足都可以 这没啥好絮叨的
'London got the message
伦敦方面收到了消息
and the Duke got his valet. Mission accomplished.'
然后给公爵指派了男仆 任务完成
These tables are amazing, you know.
知道吗 这些桌子真得很神
High explosive has absolutely no effect.
空袭绝对起不了作用
These tables will win us the war.
桌子们将会帮助我们赢得战争
What about the shelter?
掩体怎么样呢?
I prefer to be under a table.
我更钟爱躲在桌子下
If a bomb's going to drop on you,a bomb's going to drop on you,
该来的炸♥弹♥始终是会来的
a bit of oak or corrugated iron won't make much difference.
到时候橡木或是铁皮不会有太大区别
Yes.
很对
It's all luck, isn't it, in the end?
到最后不都是靠运气吗?
At least we're all here.
至少我们都在一起
Where are the sandwiches?
三明治哪去了?
Oh! Ah no!
噢!不是吧!
Oh, Daddy!
噢 蠢老爸!
Daddy, they're squashed!
爸爸 它们被压扁了!
'The war, the war, the war.
战争 战争 战争
'I'm elated by Pearl Harbour.
珍珠港事件使我兴奋
'Exhilarated.
极度亢奋
'The Americans are coming and now we'll win.
美国人加入了战争 此刻我们胜利在望
'I haven't written a word of my novel for two years.
我已经有两年没写小说了
'Favourite place - Melville Road, Battersea.
最爱的地方 巴特西的梅尔维尔路
'Vice - procrastination.
缺点 犹豫
'Faith - love for Freya and Stella and Lionel, of course.
信念 无疑是对Freya Stella和Lionel的爱
'New Year's resolution - to come through this war
新年的期许 熬过这一场战争
'and write something of value. I must.'
写些有价值的文字 必须的
Another "teccie"?
又一本短篇侦探小说?
No. It's all about Tess.
不 这次是写有关Tess的事
About our life.
有关我们的生活
And her death and my responsibility, my betrayal.
关于她的死亡和我的责任 我的背叛
Oh, please tell me you're joking.
喔 你是开玩笑的吧
It couldn't be further from a joke.
决不可能是玩笑
It's part of my penance. The penance I owe to Tess.
是我的苦果 我欠Tess的
Penance? Guilt? Anyone would think you were...
苦果? 《罪恶》? 会有人以为你...
I'm converting. I'm becoming a Roman Catholic.
我信仰变了 我要当罗马天主教♥徒♥
Oh, no. What like Graham Greene and Evelyn Waugh?
噢 效仿格雷厄姆·格林和伊夫林·沃吗?(两位都是英国作家)
No. Like Peter Scabius.
不 皮特·斯吉布斯才对
Why are all English writers converting to bloody Catholicism?
为什么英国的作家都跑去归附该死的天主教?
Why not just be a very devout Anglican?
为什么就不能做一个虔诚的圣公会教♥徒♥?
Because I need a savage, unforgiving, brutal God.
因为我需要一个冷酷残暴的天主
Since Tess's death... Don't you see?
自从Tess死了 难道你没看到吗?
I don't want some bourgeois Anglican God I can have a nice cup of tea with.
我不要那些小资一样的神 闲来还能与我享午茶
I want to be frightened of my deity. In awe.
我敬畏神 我想要神明给我震慑
You do know it's all complete mumbo-jumbo, don't you?
那全都是些毫无意义的琐事 你是知道的
Life's about luck. Good luck and bad luck.
人生讲的就是运气 幸与不幸
The good luck you have and the bad luck you have. That's all.
你的幸运和不幸 就是那么回事
What utter nonsense! You can't live with a philosophy like that.
什么胡言乱语啊! 你不能带着那样态度过日子
Forget it.
算了吧
Anyway, I want you to read it.
不管了 我要你读读这东西
Tell me what you think of it - honestly.
告诉我你的想法 坦白点啊
I've not spared myself.
我已经筋疲力尽了
剧集 | 赤子之心(2010) | 导航列表