剧集 | 雷蒙·斯尼奇的不幸历险(2017) | 导航列表
就说我们在郊游 走吧
we'll just say we were on a school trip. Come on.
我们到底要找什么
What exactly are we looking for?
就像爸爸说的那句关于画作的话
It's like Father said about fine art.
我们看到时便会知道
We'll know it when we see it.
我觉得我们来对地方了
I think we're in the right place.
也可能是最不该来的地方
Or the very, very wrong place.
-可能只是个巧合 -可能是奥拉夫伯爵
- It could just be a coincidence. - It could be Count Olaf.
或许我们还是走吧
Maybe we should leave.
抱歉 我以为你们是擅闯进来的
Forgive me. I thought you might be trespassers.
但现在我看到你们只是孩子
But now I see you're just children.
-这两者并非... -我们在郊游
- They're not mutually-- - We're on a school trip.
嗯 因为我们是学生
Right, because we're schoolchildren.
这个伐木场对孩子来说可不怎么安全
Well, this lumbermill is hardly a safe place for children.
我很清楚 我是厂主 我是查尔斯
And I should know, I run it. I'm Charles.
你认得这些人中任何一个吗
Do you recognize any of these people?
我觉得你们该来见见我的搭档
I think you better come and see my partner.
你知道外面的小镇发生了什么吗
Do you know what happened to the town over there?
说来令人惋惜 微不足道镇原本很兴旺
Well, it's a sad story. Paltryville used to be booming.
我们有世界美食集市 两个热瑜伽馆
We had a world food market, two hot yoga studios,
甚至还说要建水上乐园
and there was even talk of a water park.
微不足道镇这名字是个误称
The name Paltryville was a misnomer.
然后有一天 整个小镇在大火中被毁
And then one day, the whole town burned down in a terrible fire.
幸好伐木场得以幸免
Luckily, the lumbermill survived...
还有那栋眼形建筑
and the eye-shaped building,
那地方其实是...
which actually belongs to...
看 我们到了
Oh, look, here we are.
孩子们 这位是...
Children, I'd like you to meet...
叫我先生
Call me Sir.
大家都这么喊我 因为我叫他们这么喊我
Everybody does 'cause I tell 'em to.
我是老板
I'm the boss.
他们得照我说的做 我搭档也是
They have to do what I say, even my partner here.
搭档不该是平等的吗
Doesn't "partner" mean "equal"?
其实 "搭档"一词有多种含义
Well, in fact, "partners" can mean several things.
可能是
It could mean
"一家伐木场或纸杯蛋糕店的共同业主"
"Two people who own a lumbermill together, or a cupcakery."
而随着民风开化
Now, with the advent of more progressive cultural mores,
以及最高法♥院♥的某项判决 它的意思也可能是
not to mention certain High Court rulings, it could also mean...
我负责干活儿 他给我熨衣服
I do all the work. He irons my clothes.
我还给你做煎蛋卷呢
I also cook your omelets.
这两个含义并非非此即彼
The definitions are not mutually exclusive.
我看到他们没人陪伴地瞎逛 小可怜啊
I found them wandering unsupervised, poor dears.
你知道我们怎么处理擅闯者吧 查尔斯
Well, you know what we do with trespassers, don't you, Charles?
他们还是孩子
But they're only children.
我觉得我们可以收留他们
I thought we could take them in.
给他们一个有爱正常的家
Give them a loving, normative home.
胡扯
Nonsense.
我认为对孩子就该像对大人一样
I believe you treat children like grown-ups.
让他们去工厂工作 能让他们理解责任
Put 'em to work in the mill. It'll teach them responsibility.
能让他们明白努力工作的价值
It'll teach them the value of hard work.
也能让他们学会如何把树做成平木板
And it'll teach 'em how to make flat wooden boards out of trees.
-但 先生 -别跟我争 我们是搭档
- But, Sir-- - Don't argue with me. We're partners.
如果我们在伐木场工作 就能留下了吗
If we work in the mill, do we get to stay here?
"能"
"Get to"?
这丫头明白事理
This one gets it.
就如今的经济形势 孩子有工作不错了
In this economy, children are lucky to have a job at all.
-你叫什么 姑娘 -维奥蕾特·波德莱尔
- What's your name, young lady? - Violet... Baudelaire.
-波德莱尔 -等等 你知道这姓氏吗
- A Baudelaire. - Wait, do you... do you know that name?
当然
Of course I do.
微不足道镇的每个男人 女人和孩子
Every man, woman and child in Paltryville
都知道波德莱尔的大名
knows the name Baudelaire.
为什么 你认识我们父母吗
Why? Did you know our parents?
这张照片上其他人都是谁
Who are the other people in this photograph?
我不知道她是什么意思
I don't understand what "ack" means,
但如果你们想知道你们父母的事 他们...
but if you want to know about your parents, they--
先生
Sir.
每次我们要得到答案时都这样
Every time we're about to get some answers.
不是吧
Seriously?
都怪这雪茄
It's these cigars.
我恨死这玩意了 但又不能戒掉
I hate the things, but I can't quit smoking 'em.
我可是老板
I'm the boss.
说到哪了
Now, where was I?
对了
Oh, yeah.
这小镇忘不了你们父母是有原因的
There's a reason this town will never forget your parents.
就是他们烧了这里
They're the ones that burned it down.
我们的父母做了什么
Our parents did what?
我是个重要人物 别逼我好话说两遍
I'm an important man. Don't make me repeat myself.
是他们烧了小镇
They burned down the town!
他们...
They're, um...
不在附近吧
not anywhere nearby, are they?
他们死了
They died...
死于火灾
in a fire.
很好
Good.
这就是报应
What goes around comes around.
放火是可怕的恶行
It's a terrible thing, startin' a fire.
你们还站在那里干吗
Why are you still standing there?
你们早上还要工作呢
You got work to do in the morning.
告诉我 卡车司机
Tell me, truck driver,
你确定他们一共三个人
you're sure there were three of them?
确定肯定
I'm sure I'm sure.
高个女孩 戴眼镜的男孩
A tall girl, a boy with glasses
还有个小婴儿 她好像在我的备胎上咬了个洞
and a little baby who I think bit a hole in my spare tire.
他们看上去是不是像有一笔巨额遗产的孤儿
And did they seem like orphans with an enormous fortune?
那我不知道
I don't know about that.
他们溜上了我的车 我把他们赶下去了
They snuck into my truck and I threw 'em out
大概是在离微不足道镇还有2.5英里的地方
maybe 2.5 miles outside of Paltryville,
-我都说了 -微不足道镇
- like I told you. - Paltryville.
你去过
You've been there before?
好多年前了
It's been years.
-告诉我 卡车司机 -我说过我叫伊凡德
- Tell me, truck driver-- - I said my name was Evander.
卡车司机 你是否曾认识一个女人
Did you ever know a woman, truck driver,
被她偷走你的心
who took your heart
然后像折腾笼子里的婴儿一样折腾它
and rattled it like a baby in a cage?
多年来一直与你一起抢劫 密谋
Who joined you for years on a sequence of heists and schemes
直到你俩因情势所迫而分离
until the two of you were forced apart by circumstance,
也因为你大半夜
and also because you ran off
卷了她的一堆细软逃跑了
in the middle of the night with a bunch of her valuables?
没有 我这辈子都在伐木业工作
No, I've been in the lumber industry all my life.
你可以把我放在镇中♥央♥
You can let me off here, in the middle of town.
给你的
For you.
不是吧
Seriously?
那晚在伐木场工人宿舍里
That night in the lumbermill workers' dorm,
小波德莱尔们思考着他们听到的消息
the Baudelaires pondered what they'd heard,
那沉重感似乎让他们老了一百岁
and the weight of it felt like it had aged them a hundred years.
当然了 事实并非如此
Though, of course, it hadn't.
你们听说新招的工人了吗
Did you hear about the new recruits?
是波德莱尔家的孩子
They're Baudelaires.
听说他们的父母是纵火犯
I hear their folks were arsonists.
我听说他们借了图书馆的书就没还
I hear they checked out library books and never returned them.
我听说他们拿山羊吸血怪的头骨喝血
I hear they drank blood from the skulls of chupacabras.
你是说他们拿类似山羊吸血怪的婴儿头骨当杯子吗
You mean they drank from baby skulls like chupacabras.
我清楚我听说了什么
I know what I heard.
太荒谬了
That's ridiculous.
你们有谁真见过我们父母吗
Did any of you actually meet our parents?
-吉米好像见过 -诺玛·蕾来得更早
- I think Jimmy did. - Norma Rae is here longer.
别看我 问凯撒
Don't look at me. Look at Cesar.
你们知道小镇究竟怎么了吗
Do you know anything about what happened to this town?
-我们是不许谈那事的 -太可怕了
- We're not allowed to talk about that. - It's too terrible.
我们也不知道
Also, we don't know.
那你们就不该散布谣言
Then you shouldn't be spreading rumors.
我从来也不相信那些谣言
I never believed those rumors anyway.
剧集 | 雷蒙·斯尼奇的不幸历险(2017) | 导航列表