剧集 | 桥下杀人事件(2024) | 导航列表
以前 我们也不符合父母期望呀
Once upon a time, we weren't what our parents wanted either.
还记得吗
Hm? Remember?
有一条高速公路
♪There's a highway♪
1979年 我父亲从印度来看望他姐姐
My father came from India to visit his sister in 1979.
他以为自己到达了这次旅程的终点
He thought he'd reached the end of this trip,
但实际上 他才刚开始他人生中最重要的一章
but he was actually beginning the most important chapter of his life.
我甚至不知道自己在哪里
♪I don't even know where I am♪
曼吉特
Manjit.
这可能是我最后一次来
It might be my last,
我想尽可能多拍些照片回去给妈妈看
and I want Mom to have as many pictures as she can when I get back.
别那么着急走
Don't be so sure you're leaving just yet.
我要坐在这里 你在谋划什么对吧
JGonna sit right here where I am J- You're up to something, aren't you?
这里待着更容易
♪And it's easier to stay here♪
我想我知道我在这里的路
♪Think I know my way here♪
我要躺在这里 你说这是个旁遮普家庭
♪I'm gonna lay here, alright J- You said this is a Punjabi family?
是的
Yes.
这个国家充满了机会
You know, this country is full of opportunity.
你为什么这么说
Why do you say it like that?
什么样的机会
What sort of opportunity?
来
Come here.
阿玛尔 我不会干这种事的
Amar, I am not doing that.
再说了 你真认为我能在这里找到喜欢的人吗
Besides, you really think I'm going to meet someone here I like?
不过是个想法
It's just an idea.
我想我弟弟跟我一起在加拿大不好吗
Is it so bad I want my brother in Canada with me?
你随时可以回印度去啊
You could always come back home to India.
他们真的把你转变了对吧
They really converted you, huh?
这又不是什么难事
It wasn't exactly a hard sell.
我会躺在这里
♪I'm gonna lay here, alright♪
嗨 你看起来真好看
Hi! You look so lovely.
是 这是我弟弟 可帅了
Yeah, that's my brother. He's handsome.
再次感谢
Thank you again.
拉杰 麻烦把那个关了
Raj, turn that off, please. -
苏曼
Suman.
看看我给你拿了什么
Look what I have here.
苏米 我想给你介绍个人认识
Sumi, there's someone I want to introduce you to.
他是个工程师 还是耶♥和♥华♥见证人
He's an engineer, and he's a Witness.
妈 怎么了
- Mom! - What?
起码这次我给你找了个帅哥啊
At least I found someone handsome for you this time.
就让她好好享受派对吧 塔尔森
Let her enjoy the party, Tarsem.
她可以等几年再找对象
She can wait a few years to find someone.
他家境非常好的
Well, he comes from a really good family.
我们必须趁热打铁
And we have to strike while the iron is hot.
我都不知道这事 我跟你说过啊
I didn't know about this. - Well, I told you.
但真的很配
But it could be a great match.
玛什哈贾太太 很高兴认识你
Mrs. Masihajjar, it's so nice to meet you.
我是阿玛吉特的弟弟
I am Amarjit's brother.
她对您的评价特别高
She speaks so highly of you.
您不介意我借走您女儿一会儿吧
Do you mind if I borrow your daughter?
我想也许她可以告诉我这么香的味道是从哪传来的
I was hoping she might show me where that delicious smell is coming from.
外面还有吃的 我饿坏了
·There's more food outside. - Oh, uh, I am starving.
你知道阿玛吉特有个弟弟吗
Did you know Amarjit had a brother?
阿玛吉特是谁啊
·Who is Amarjit? ·
我有第六感 你马上就要被安排相亲了
You know, I have a sixth sense for an arrangement about to happen.
是啊 你真是救了我一命 我叫曼吉特
Yeah, you really saved me. - I'm Manjit.
苏曼 苏曼
Suman. Suman.
给 谢谢
Here. - Thank you.
这是你的房♥间吗
This is your room?
好大
It's big.
是吧
Uh, yeah, I guess.
你的鸟叫什么 嗜嗜
Yo, what's your bird's name?
你的房♥间居然没有门 真恐怖
Super creepy you don't have a door.
里面有什么
What's in here?
那是我妈妈的衣橱
Oh, that's my mom's closet.
靠
Oh, shit.
头奖哎
·Jackpot. -
看 说了我们该来嘛
See? Told you we should come. -
这是我高祖母的
great- great grandmother's.
是一种印度大钟滴挂式耳环
They're called, uh, jhumkas.
来自于英国殖民之前的
All the way from the Mughal Empire
莫卧儿帝国
before the British colonization.
我
You know, my...
我的母亲很多年前送给了我
my own mother gave these to me many years ago.
等瑞娜长大了
And when she's older...
我就会把它们
they will be my gift...
送给她
to Reena.
我超爱那件莎丽
I love that sari.
是我最喜欢的一件
It's my favorite.
是啊 真可爱 对吧
Yeah, it's so cute. Right?
我想试试
I'd try it on,
不过我觉得可能尺码不合适
I just don't think it's exactly my size.
达斯蒂 可能适合你
Dusty, it might fit you.
实际上谁穿都合适
Actually, uh, it can fit anybody.
我觉得你穿这个应该很好看 达斯蒂 你要试试吗
I think it would look great on you, Dusty. You wanna try it?
好啊
Uh...yeah.
来吧
Come on.
好了 这是上衣
Okay, so, this is the blouse.
给你 乔 我觉得你穿这件肯定挺好看
Here. Jo, this one would look great on you.
行吧 颜色挺好
Okay. - That's a great color.
你是打算看着我们换衣服吗
Are you just gonna watch us change?
当然不会 我
Of course not. I- -
爸 你走开啊 我去把晚餐热一下
Dad, leavel- I'm warming up the dinner.
你还
· You could,
你还可以试试这件
you could also try this one maybe.
维尔克太太 嗯
Hey, Mrs. Virk? - Yeah?
洗手间在哪边啊
Uh, where's your washroom?
就沿着走廊往前 过了瑞娜房♥间就是
Oh, it's, um, down the hall past Reena's room.
谢谢 不客气
· Thank you. - You're welcome.
你知道蓝色特别衬我对吧
You know blue's my color, right?
我就在这里试穿一下
I'm gonna put this thing on in here.
好啊 当然
Oh yeah. N- No, of course.
好
Okay. Cool.
没事 没事
· It's okay, it's okay.
嘿 嘿 嘿
Hey, hey, hey.
抱歉 过来
I'm sorry. Come here.
你来加拿大多久了
How long have you been in Canada?
差不多一个月了
Almost a month now.
我的占星师说
According to my astrologer,
我注定要在海外生活
I was always destined for a life overseas.
西方就像是个梦幻世界
You know, the West is a dream.
你还没过那新鲜劲儿呢
Oh, you're a fresh one, alright.
什么意思
What do you mean?
你还带着玫瑰色眼镜呢
You still got on rose- colored glasses.
你觉得这里一切都沾满了仙尘
You think everything out here is covered in pixie dust.
你们家看起来过的很好啊
Your family seems to be thriving.
并不容易
It wasn't easy.
直到我父母找到他们的同类才好起来
Not until my parents finally found their people,
耶♥和♥华♥见证人
the Witnesses.
你不知道在这找到一个印度的耶♥和♥华♥见证人有多难
You can't even imagine how hard it is to find another Indian Witness.
我敢说我妈肯定花了几个月的时间才找到那个工程师
I bet my mom's been hunting down that engineer for months.
那她现在肯定挺烦我的
Well, she must not be very happy with me right now.
我会在这
♪I'll be here when...♪
我们家人都是锡克教的
You know, my family, we are Sikhs.
所以你才留胡子啊
So, that's what the beard is about. - Mm.
我会在这
♪I'll be here with...♪
我们教派的人是不会拘泥于这些的
Men in my faith don't keep them on principle.
它们会被当作是叛逆的标志
They're"signs of rebelliousness. "
但是对锡克教来说就很重要了
Ah, but to Sikhs, they're quite important.
这是像我这样不守规矩的人遵守的少数原则之一
One of the few customs a rulebreaker like me follows.
听起来你就是个麻烦精啊
You already feel like trouble.
几个月前 我还在印度
You know, a few months ago, I was in India
剧集 | 桥下杀人事件(2024) | 导航列表