墨涅劳斯是阿迦门农的兄弟...
Well, menelaus was the brother of agamemnon...
不用了 不用了 听着
I don't care. I don't care. listen.
我要说的是
The point is,
里奥纳德不是那种经常会和我约会的人
Leonard isn't the kind of guy I usually go out with.
里奥纳德不是那种经常会和任何人约会的人
Leonard isn't the kind of guy anyone usually goes out with.
你是否介意把沙发顺时针旋转30度
Would you be open to rotating the couch clockwise 30 degrees?
不行 我想说的是
No. what I'm saying is
里奥纳德与其他人不同可能是件好事
Leonard might be different in a good way.
很明显 我平时的选择都不怎么的好
Obviously, my usual choices have not worked out so well.
你上一个对库萨帕里来说很好
Your last one worked out well for koothrappali.
他得到了一个免♥费的ipod
He got a free ipod.
刺眼
Oh, glare.
但换个角度来说 如果和里奥纳德进展不顺利
On the other hand, if things don't go well with leonard,
我可能会失去一个很好的朋友
I risk losing a really good friend.
我意思是 他不会是一时放纵的人
I mean, I'm guessing he's not looking for a fling.
他是那种陷入一段感情后会持续
He's the kind of guy that gets into a relationship
我不知道 可能你会说 光年
For, I don't know, like you would say, light years.
我不会那么说
I would not say that.
没有人
No one
会那么说
Would say that.
光年是一个距离单位而不是一个时间单位
A light year is a unit of distance not time.
谢谢你的说明
Thank you for the clarification.
换
Draft.
人们听到年这个词的时候
See, people hear the word "year"
他们想到的是持续的一段时间
And they think duration.
"尺磅"也有这样的问题...
"foot-pound" has the same problem--
它是一个能量单位 而不是一个重量单位
That's a unit of work, not of weight.
没错 谢谢
Right. thanks.
这是常识性错误
It's common mistake.
这不是我今天犯的第一个错了
Not the first one I've made today.
好
Okay.
我觉得这就是我的座位了
I think this will be my seat.
谢尔顿 你有什么可以说的吗
Sheldon, do you have anything to say
任何内容 你知道
That has anything to do with, you know,
只要和我在说的有关的
What I'm talking about?
好 让我想想
Well, let's see...
我们也许可以参考"薛定谔猫"
We might cononsider schrodinger's cat.
薛定谔
Schrodinger?
是住2楼A座的那个女人吗
Is that the woman in 2a?
不 那位是格洛辛格女士
No, that's mrs. grossinger.
并且她不养猫 她养的是一只墨西哥无毛犬
And she doesn't have a cat, she has a mexican hairless.
超烦人的一种小动物
Annoying little animal. yip, yip, yip, yip.
谢尔顿
Sheldon.
对不起 你又让我跑题了
Sorry, you diverted me.
在1935年 埃尔文·薛定谔
Anyway, in 1935, erwin schrodinger,
尝试去说明在量子物理学中的
In an attempt to explain the copenhagen interpretation
哥本哈根解释
Of quantum physics,
他做了个实验
He proposed an experimen
把一只猫和一小瓶密封好的毒药一起放在盒子里
Where a cat is placed in a box with a sealed vial of poison
毒药瓶随时会破裂
That will break open at a random time.
好 除非你打开盒子
Now, since no one knows when
不然没人知道毒药是否
Or if the poison has been released,
或者是何时已经被释放了
Until the box is opened,
因此我们认为猫或活或死都是可以的
The cat can be thought of as both alive and dead.
对不起 我没听明白
I'm sorry. I don't get the point.
你当然不会明白 我还没说呢
Wellofof course you don't get it; I haven't made it yet.
你只有靠第六感才能明白了
You'd have to be psychic to get it,
而事实是根本就没有"第六感"这个东西
And there's no such thing as "psychic."
谢尔顿 你到底想说什么?
Sheldon, what's the point?!
就好像"薛定谔猫"
Just like schrodinger's cat,
现在你和里奥纳德潜在的可能
Your potential relationship with leonard right now
既可以被认为是美好的也可以是不好的
Can be thought of as both good andadad.
只有当你打开盒子
It is only by opening the box
你才知道到底是哪一种
That you'll find out which it is.
明白了 你是说我应该先跟里奥纳德处处看
Okay, so you're saying I should go out with leonard.
不不 不不
No, no, no, no, no.
我再说一遍吧
Let me start again.
在1935年 埃尔文·薛定谔...
In 1935, erwin schrodinger...
那儿有俩座
Two seats right there.
长寿石灰?
Chung shu shway?
谢谢
Shay shay.
谢尔顿 我想我办错了件事
Sheldon, I think I've made a mistake.
我知道
I can seththat.
除非你是在备战马拉松
Unless you're planning on running a marathon,
不然填塞陷儿和土豆泥都要
Choosing both stuffing and mashed potatoes
简直就是淀粉摄入过量
Is a starch-filled redundancy.
不 是关于潘妮的
No, it's about penny.
关于潘妮的错误
A mistake involving penny.
好吧 我得缩小范围了
Okay, you'll have to narrow it down.
我觉得今天晚上我不能跟她去约会
I don't think I can go out with her tonight.
那就别去
Then don't.
别人一般会说"为什么不去"
Other pelele would say "why not?"
别人可能比较感兴趣
Other people might be interested.
反正我还是要说
I'm going to talk anyway.
我猜你也是
I assumed you would.
现在我真的要和潘妮去约会了
Now that I'm actually about to go out with penny,
我反而并不激动 我反胃
I'm not excited--i'm nauseous.
那你的食物就是选对了
Ah, then your meal choice is appropriate.
淀粉能吸收对于呕吐起作用的
Starch absorbs fluid which reduces the amount of vomit
催吐物质
Available for violent expulsion.
-好吧 -你还犯了
Right. you also made
一个文法上的错误
A common grammatical mistake.
你说的是"反胃的" 其实你想说"让人作呕的"
You said "nauseous," when you meant "nauseated."
你接着说
But go on.
谢尔顿 这次约会很可能就是我唯一的机会
Sheldon, this date is probably my one chance with penny.
我如果搞砸了怎么办?
What happens if I blow it?
好 假设我们按你说的前提
Well, if we accept your premise
并且承认潘妮就是上帝安排给你的另一半
And also accept the highly improbable assumption
这个极不可能的假设
That penny is the only woman in the world for you,
那我们从逻辑上可以得出的结论是
Then we can logically conclude that the result
如果你搞砸这次约会 后果就是
Of blowing it would be that you end up
你将会孤独 辛酸地终老 并且没有后代
A lonely, bitter old man with no progeny.
我脑中突然浮现了史酷比动画片里
The image of any number of evil lighthouse keepers
一群邪恶的灯塔管理员的画面
From scooby-doo cartoons comes to mind.
你这是在捣乱
You're not helping.
好吧 我怎么回答你
All right, what respon on my part
才能赶紧结束这个话题呢?
Would bring this conversation to a speedy conclusion?
你就告诉我该不该去赴约
Tell me whether or not to go through with the date.
薛定谔猫
Scododinger's cat.
太聪明了
Wow,that's brilliant.
你听起来很吃惊啊
You sound surprised.
猴子睡在里头
Ho-tsu shway zai li-toe.
好啊
Hi.
好
Hi.
进来
Come on in.
谢谢
Thank you.
你真漂亮
You look very nice.
谢谢 你也是
Thank you. so do you.
我定了座位 8点
I made an 8:00 reservation.
好啊 太好了
Okay, yeah, great.
听着
Listen, um...
也许我们应该先谈谈
Maybe we should talk first.
好
Okay.
但是在你说之前
But before you say anything,
你听说过薛定谔猫吗
Have you ever heard of schrodinger's cat?
事实上 我听过太多薛定谔猫了
Actually, I've heard far too much about schrodinger's cat.
好
Good.
好啦 看来猫还是活的
All right, the cat's alive.
我们去吃饭吧
L's go to dinner.
鼻涕在哪儿 鼻涕
Bee ti tsai nar! bee ti!
蛮牛在我床上
Man niu zai wo chuang shang!
很多很多蛮牛
Hen duo hen duo man niu!
哎呀
Ai yah!
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表