谢尔顿被炒事件
you know,I've been thinking about time travel again.
为什么 你又撞上看不见的路障了?
Why,did you hit a roadblock with invisibility?
暂时先不说那个
Put it on the back burner.
我想到如果我发明了完美的时间机器
Anyway,it occurs to me if I ever did perfect a time machine,
我会回到过去把它送给自己
I would just go into the past and give it to myself,
省得要自己发明它
thus eliminating the need for me to invent it in the first place.
有趣
Interesting.
是啊 让我减压不少
Yeah,it really takes the pressure off.
听起来像是个大突破
Sounds like a breakthrough.
要我打电话给科学杂志 让他们留下头版的位置吗?
Should I call science magazine and tell them to hold the cover?
这可是时间旅行 Leonard 过去的我已经打过了
It's time travel,leonard,I will have already done that.
那就等着祝贺你啦
Then I guess congratulations are in order.
不 过去的你已经祝贺过我了
No,congratulations will have been in order.
我肯定在派对上不会开心的
You know,I am not going to enjoy this party.
我知道 我了解你
I know,I'm familiar with you.
上次系里的派对 Finkleday教授 抓着我谈了45分钟的窑洞挖掘
The last department party,professor finkleday cornered me and talked about spelunking for 45 minutes.
我也在场
Yes,I was there.
你知道窑洞有什么好玩的吗 Leonard?
You know what's interesting about caves,leonard?
- 什么? - 什么也没有
- What? - Nothing.
那我们躲开他 我们会见到新的系主任
Well,then we'll avoid finkleday,we'll meet the new department head,
恭喜他 跟他握手 然后就走
congratulate him,shake his hand and go.
这样如何?
How's this?
"见到你很高兴 Gablehauser博士"
"Pleased to meet you,dr.Gablehauser.
"您真幸运 学校雇用了您"
"How fortunate for you that the university's "chosen to hire you,
"尽管您25年来都没做出什么原创研究"
despite the fact "that you've done no original research in 25 years,
"而是写了一系列畅销书"
"and instead have written a series of popular books "
"将科学这一伟大的概念 降格为奇闻轶事"
that reduce the great concepts of science "to a series of anecdotes,
"每则故事都简单到 能在一次肠部运动的时间内看完" (就是厕所读物)
"each one dumbed down to accommodate the duration "of an average bowel movement.
Mahalo (夏威夷语的谢谢)
Mahalo.
"Mahalo"是不错的修饰
" "Mahalo's" a nice touch.
你知道夏威夷语里只有8个辅音吗?
You know there only eight consonants in the hawaiian language?
有趣 你就这么做开场白吧
Interesting. You should lead with that.
瞧瞧这自助餐
Oh,god,look at this buffet.
我爱美国
I love america.
印度没自助餐吗?
You don't have buffets in india?
有 但都是印度菜
Of course,but it's all indian food.
在孟买你可找不到能救命的面包圈
You can't find a bagel in mumbai to save your life.
给我涂点酱
Shmear me.
事态的发展真是有趣
Well,here's an interesting turn of events.
怎么了?
What?
Howard带了女伴?
Howard brought a date?
可能是他在机器人方面的研究 取得了重大进展
A more plausible explanation is that his work in robotics has made an amazing leap forward.
怎样 科学怪人们?
Hey,what up,science bitches?
这位是我特别的女性朋友Summer
May I introduce my special lady friend summer?
Howard 我说了碰我要加钱的
Howard,I told you touching's extra.
好 抱歉
Right. Sorry.
我们的新老板来了 礼貌点
Here comes our new boss. Be polite.
大家好
Hi,fellas.
- 我是Eric Gablehauser - 我是Howard Wolowitz
- Eric gablehauser. - Howard wolowitz.
Howard 见到你很高兴 你是?
Howard,nice to meet you. And you are?
一个真正的科学家
An actual real scientist.
这个开场白怎样?
How was that?
我不敢相信他开除我了
I can't believe he fired me.
你说他是被捧出来的高中理科老师
Well,you did call him a glorified high school science teacher
还说他上一次成功的试验 是点燃了自己的屁
whose last successful experiment was lighting his own farts.
但我之前说了"恕我直言"
In my defense,I prefaced that by saying,"with all due respect."
早
Morning.
早
Morning.
今天早餐 你做鸡蛋吃?
You're making eggs for breakfast?
这不是早餐 这是试验
This isn't breakfast,it's an experiment.
但看起来很像早餐
'Cause it looks a lot like breakfast.
我终于有时间验证我的理论 从蛋白质总分离水分子
I finally have time to test my hypothesis about the separation of the water molecules
以及它对口感的影响
from the egg proteins and its impact vis-a-vis taste.
听起来真开胃
Sounds yummy.
我很期待你配上熏肉后的成果
I look forward to your work with bacon.
我也是
As do I.
我相信只要你跟Gablehauser道歉 他会让你回去工作的
You know,I'm sure if you just apologize to gablehauser,he would give you your job back.
我不想回去工作
I don't want my job back.
过去三年半时间我都在瞪着 写满方程式的板子上
I've spent the past three and a half years staring at grease boards full of equations.
在那之前我花了四年时间写论文
Before that,I spent four years working on my thesis.
在那之前 我在上大学 而在大学之前 我在上5年级
Before that,I was in college,and before that,I was in the fifth grade.
这是我十几年来第一次休息 我要好好享受
This is my first d oayff in decades and I'm going to savor it.
好吧
Okay.
那你回去弄你的鸡蛋吧
I'll let you get back to fixing your eggs.
不只是我的鸡蛋 弄的是全人类的蛋
Not just fixing my eggs,I'm fixing everyone's eggs.
我们都感激你
And we all thank you.
要用新鲜鸡蛋
use new eggs.
嗨 我正要去超市
hi. Hey,I'm running out to the market.
你们要带什么吗?
Do you guys need anything?
这就是那些不熟悉数学规律的人
Oh,well,this would be one of those circumstances that
会称之为巧合的事件之一了
people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence.
你说什么?
I'm sorry?
我要蛋
I need eggs.
4打就够了
Four dozen should suffice.
4打?
Four dozen?
对 棕蛋 白蛋
Yes,and evenly distributed amongst brown,white,
走地鸡蛋 大鸡蛋 加大鸡蛋 跟特大鸡蛋各要8个
free-range,large,extra large and jumbo.
好 再说一次
Okay,one more time.
算了 你肯定搞不对
Never mind. You won't get it right.
我最好跟你一起去
I'd better come with you.
好呀
Oh,yay.
你今天怎么没去上班?
How come you didn't go into work today?
我在休假 因为我不愿向平庸之流屈服
I'm taking a sabbatical because I won't kowtow to mediocre minds.
你给开除了?
So you got canned,huh?
理论上说物理学家不会给开除...
Theoretical physicists do not get canned...
但你说对了
but yeah.
可能这样最好
Well,maybe it's all for the best.
我相信一扇门关上了 总会有另外一扇门打开的
You know,I always say when one door closes,another one opens.
不 不是的
No,it doesn'T.
除非两扇门用继电器连接 而且还装有传感器
Not unless the two doors are connected by relays or there are motion sensors involved.