拉杰的第一次相亲
该死的钱包网! (walletnook.com)
Damn you,walletnook.Com!
有什么问题吗?
Problem?
网上说明太误导人了
The online description was completely misleading.
上面说有八个插缝 外加一个可抽取的ID卡夹
They said eight slots,plus removable id.
对任何理性人来说 那意味着可以放九张卡to any rational person,that would mean room for nine cards,
但上面没告诉你 可抽取的ID卡夹也占了一个插缝
but they don't tell you,the removable id takes up one slot.
简直是恶梦!
It's a nightmare!
好吧 你真的需要 美国荣誉审判联♥盟的会员卡吗?
Okay,now,do you really need the honorary justice league of america membership card?
我5岁起就一直 把它存放在钱包里
It's been in every wallet I've owned since I was five.
为什么?
Why?
上面写着"请随身持本证"
It says "keep this on your person at all times."
就在蝙蝠侠签名的下面
it's right here under batman's signature.
这就是Leonard和Sheldon的公寓
And this is leonard and sheldon's apartment.
猜猜谁的父母刚装了宽带
Guess whose parents just got broadband.
Leonard 容我介绍 新德里现场连线 V.M.Koothrappali医生及夫人
Leonard,may I present,live from new delhi,dr.And mrs.V.M.Koothrappali.
你们好!
Hi!
摄像头歪了! 我只看到他的胯
Tilt up the camera up! I'm looking at his crotch.
抱歉 爸爸
Sorry,papa.
噢 好多了
Oh,that's much better.
- 嗨! - 嗨!
- Hi. - Hi!
这边是Sheldon
And over here is sheldon.
嗨!
Hi!
他和Leonard住一起
He lives with leonard.
噢 那很好
Oh,that's nice.
就像Haroon和Tanvir
Like haroon and tanvir.
不 不 跟Haroon和Tanvir不一样
No,no. Not like haroon and tanvir.
多么可爱的年轻人啊
Such sweet young men.
他们收养了最可爱的小印度男孩
They just adopted the cutest little punjabi baby.
不 我们跟Haroon和Tanvir不一样
No,we're not like haroon and tanvir.
你们和我儿子一样搞研究?
So,are you boys academics like our son?
是的
Yes.
你们父母满意你们有限的收入潜力吗?
And your parents are comfortable with your limited earning potential?
- 哦 是的 - 完全不
- Oh,yes. - Not at all.
爸爸 拜托 别发问了
Papa,please. Don't start.
只是个普通问题
It was just a question.
他太敏♥感了
He's so sensitive.
好啦 这就是我的生活 我的朋友们
Okay,that's my life. That's my friends.
很高兴见到你们 说再见
Good to see you. Say good-bye.
- 再见 - 再见
- Bye. - Bye.
等一下!
Wait! Wait!
你关之前 我们还有个好消息
Before you go,we have good news.
把电脑放下 把你朋友们聚过来
Put the computer down and gather your friends.
- 什么 爸爸? - 还有你朋友
- What is it,papa? - friends.
你们不觉得穿着衣服 网上聊天很无聊吗?
Is it just me,or does web chatting with your clothes on seem a little pointless?
Rajesh 你还记得Lalita Gupta吗?
Rajesh,do you remember lalita gupta?
那个用萨摩萨饼打我 还叫我贱民的小肥妞?
The little fat girl that used to kick me in the samosas and call me untouchable?
是的
Yes.
她现在是南加州大学的牙科专业学生
Well,now she's a dental student at usc,
我们给了她你的联♥系方式
so we gave her your contact information.
你们干嘛那么做?
Why did you do that?
你已经26岁了 Rajesh
You're 26 years old,rajesh.
我们想抱孙子
We want grandchildren.
可是爸爸 我不想...
But,papa,I'm not supposed...
Lalita的父母同意了你们的结合
lalita's parents approved the match.
如果你决定春天举办婚礼 就能避开雨季
If you decide on a spring wedding,we can avoid monsoon season.
春天就结婚?
A spring wedding?
你决定 孩子
It's up to you,dear.
我们不想管闲事
We don't want to meddle.
既然你们不想管闲事 干嘛要管我的闲事?
If you don't want to meddle,then why are you meddling?
容我说 你父母可能不认为这是管闲事
If I may,your parents probably don't consider this meddling.
包办婚姻如今虽已不常见
While arranged marriages are no longer the norm,
但印度父母仍继续大张旗鼓 干涉他们子女的爱情生活
indian parents continue to have a greater-than-average involvement in their children's love lives.
我们国家的习俗 干吗用你来说?
Why are you telling me about my own culture?
你看起来很困惑
You seemed confused.
抱歉 妈妈 爸爸 尽管我非常尊重你们
Sorry,mumi,papa,but with all due respect,
- 但我真的不想... - 对不起 孩子
- I really don't want to... - I'm sorry,darling.
我们不能再聊了
We have to go.
<天才小医生>开始了 (1989-1993年的美国电视剧)
Doogie howser is on.
奶奶 <小医生>时间到了!
Grandma! It's doogie time!
- 拜拜! - 拜拜!
- Bye-bye! - Bye-bye!
真不敢相信
I don't believe it.
我也是
Neither do I.
<天才小医生>快20♥年没播了
Doogie howser's been off the air for like 20 years.
其实我读到过 那是在印度 最受欢迎的电视节目
Actually,I read somewhere that it's one of the most popular programs in india.
我想说可能是种民族情结 希望有个当医生的孩子吧
It might speak to a cultural aspiration to have one's children enter the medical profession.
我猜你是对的
I bet you're right.
我猜他们喜欢看<实习医生风云>
I bet they love scrubs.
有不喜欢的吗?
What's not to love?
喂! 在听吗?
Excuse me! Hello?
我父母想要我娶一个 根本不认识的人
My parents are trying to marry me off to a total stranger.
我该怎么办?
What am I going to do?
我建议你坦然接受吧
I suggest you go through with it.
什么?
What?
建立在罗曼蒂克爱情上的婚姻 只是从19世纪开始盛行
Romantic love as the basis for marriage has only existed since the 19th century.
在那之前都是包办婚姻 也很好地适应了社会发展
Up until then,arranged marriages were the norm,and it served society quite well.
那正是<屋顶上的小提琴手>的蓝本 (1964年著名的百老汇长篇音乐剧)
It's the entire premise of fiddler on the roof.
我不是音乐剧的粉丝 但我超爱那部音乐剧
I'm not a big fan of musicals,but I love that show.
我也是
Me too.
当然 对我来说很有文化感染力
Of course,it speaks to me culturally.
可以理解 但这类故事一般都超越了种族
Understandable,but there's a universality to that story which transcends ethnicity.
让人没法忘记里面那些 琅琅上口的曲调
Let's not forget it's got some really catchy tunes.
- 噢 的确 - 就是啊!
- oh,absolutely. - Yeah!
好吧 我知道该怎么做了
Okay,I know what I'm going to do.
什么?
What?
去找新朋友
Find new friends.
那谁去租那部音乐剧?
so who wants to rent fiddler?
没必要 我们有特别收♥藏版
No need,we have the special edition.
也许我们真的就像Haroon和Tanvir
Well,maybe we are like haroon and tanvir.
天才也性感 第一季 第8集
The Big Bang Theory Season01 Episode08
我是Sheldon Cooper博士
this is dr.Sheldon cooper.
我想取消天文馆的会员资格
Yeah,I need to cancel my membership to the planetarium.
我也很抱歉 但我钱包里没地方放会员卡了
Well,I'm sorry,too,but there's just no room for you in my wallet.
我能理解 但我要在 你们和自然历史博物馆中选择
I understand,but it was between you and the museum of natural history,
坦白说 你们那儿没恐龙
and frankly,you don't have dinosaurs.
我也会怀念你们的 再见
I'll miss you,too. Bye-bye.
好啦 我知道你们在发短信说我 你们最好停下来
Okay,I know you're texting about me and I'd really like you to stop.
亲爱的 我彻底完蛋了
oh,dear,I am rightly and truly screwed.
嗨 我以为你去找新朋友了
Hey,I thought you were finding new friends.
我那边有那个音乐剧的碟
I've got some feelers out.
还有 听这个
In the meantime,listen to this.
嗨 Rajesh 我是Lalita Gupta
Hi,rajesh. This is lalita gupta.
你妈给了我妈你的电话号码 并转交给我
Uh,your mother gave my mother your phone number to give to me.
所以我打给你 回我电话 拜
So,I'm calling you and,uh,call me back. Bye.
你们看她逼得我多紧啊!
Can you believe how pushy she is?
那就别回她电话
So don't call her.
如果不打给她 我就再也别想和我父母说话了
If I don't call her,I won't hear the end of it from my parents.
那就打给她
So call her.
我怎么打给她? 你们知道我不敢和女人说话
How can I call her? You know I can't talk to women.
我没辙了 其他人呢?
I'm done. Anybody else?
- 电话给我 - 干嘛?
- Give me the phone. - Why?
就给我好了
Just give it to me.
你做什么?
What are you doing?
别担心 你会感激我的
Don't worry. You'll thank me.
喂 Lalita? 我是Raj koothrappali
Hello,lalita?Raj koothrappali here.
是的 我也很高兴和你说话
Yes,it is good to talk to you,too.
你现在穿的什么?
So what are you wearing?
噢 那不重要
Oh,not important.
总之 你想什么时候见面?
Uh,so,anyhow,when would you like to meet?
周五有空!
Friday works for me!
具体时间地点 我再打给你
I'll call you with a time and place.
还有 来真的 宝贝
But in the meantime,keep it real,babe.
现在你要感激我了
You may now thank me.
为什么? 把我的声音弄得像 辛普森一家似的?
For what? Making me sound like a simpsons character?
那好吧 下次你自己去约人家
Fine. Next time make your own date.
这次我都不想!
I didn't want to make this one!
往好的方面想吧 也许她已经出落得美丽大方
Look on the bright side,she might turn out to be a nice,beautiful girl.
好极了 那我们就会结婚
Great,then we'll get married,
但我没办法跟她说话
I won't be able to talk to her
我们一起的余生就会沉寂中度过
and we'll spend the rest of our lives in total silence.
我父母就是这样
It worked for my parents.
- 嗨 伙计们 - 嗨
- hi,guys. - Oh,hey.