剧集 | 七秒(2018) | 导航列表
You and me, we got our differences with him, but he's family.
你得接纳你的家人
And you gotta accept family.
严重失温心律失常大量失血
Severe hypothermia, cardiac arrhythmia, massive blood loss.
以及凹陷型头颅骨折
And a concave fracture to his skull.
我立刻就把巴特勒先生送进手术室
I immediately moved Mr. Butler to an operating room
以更安全的方法评估他头部的伤势
to more safely assess the injuries to his head.
布兰顿的伤势有多严重
How severe were Brenton's injuries?
非常严重
Severe.
我必须剪开他的外套和帽T的头套
I had to cut away his jacket and hood.
头套紧紧地包住他的头颅所以…
The hood itself was tightly cinched, and therefore...
让他一部份的头骨保持完整
keeping parts of his skull intact,
我必须很小心不能随便移♥动♥他
I had to be careful not to displace the fragments.
为什么
Why is that?
如果我贸然脱掉他的帽T头套 头骨碎片就会插入大脑
If I had just removed the hood, skull shards would've dug into the brain
造成更大的伤害
and caused further damage.
尽管如此 你还是在大陪审团面前作证
Despite all this, you testified before the grand jury
布兰顿若是早点被发现 可能还能活下来
that Brenton could've lived had he been found earlier.
是的但是最后他失血过多 造成的伤害还是太大
Yes, but ultimately the damage due to blood loss was too great.
那造成了器官衰竭
It caused organ failure,
组织坏死以及更严重的大脑损伤
necrotizing tissue, and further brain damage.
他的身体再也撑不下去
His body just gave out.
我没有问题了庭上
No more questions, Your Honor.
辩方想要诘问证人吗
Does the defense wish to cross?
不庭上
No, Your Honor.
布兰顿的伤势显示 那是遭到一辆重达两吨♥
Brenton's injuries were consistent with impact from an SUV
以超过96公里时速行驶的休旅车
weighing approximately 4,100 pounds,
直接撞击所造成的
traveling at no less than 60 miles per hour.
那辆2014年份福特休旅车 注册在玛莉贾布朗斯基的名下
Does the 2014 Ford Escape registered to Marie Jablonski,
也就是贾布朗斯基警官的妻子
Officer Peter Jablonski's wife,
那辆车是否就是撞到布兰顿的车辆
match the vehicle that hit Brenton?
是的
Yes.
车厂车款和车型
And is the match, and make, and model
是否是贾布朗斯基的休旅车 和那场车祸唯一的关联
the only thing that links the Jablonski's car to the accident?
不是我们也从受害者的头发上 采集到烤漆碎片
No, we recovered paint chips from the victim's hair.
我们进行了色彩比对分♥析♥
We conducted a type match analysis
证实那是OF4D92耶鲁蓝
and confirmed it was OF4D92, Yale Blue.
根据购买♥♥记录 被告的休旅车是什么颜色
What color was the defendant's car, according to purchase records?
OF4D92耶鲁蓝
OF4D92, Yale Blue.
庭上抗♥议♥这全都是推测
Your Honor, objection. This is all speculation.
我会容许哈泼女士继续进行诘问
I'll allow Ms. Harper to continue her line of questioning.
休旅车的底盘很高 所以驾驶座的位置也很高
Now, an SUV driver sits high above the undercarriage.
贾布朗斯基警官 是否有可能撞到布兰顿
Is it possible Officer Jablonski hit Brenton
但是却没发现他撞到一个人
without realizing that he was a human being?
布兰顿当时是 横向朝着被告的方向移♥动♥
Brenton was moving perpendicular to the defendant's direction of motion.
而且他骑着脚踏车 驾驶应该能够很清楚看到受害者
And on a bike, the driver should have had a clear profile of the victim.
如果我是布兰顿
If I were Brenton,
驾驶应该会看到我进入他的视线 像这样子
the driver would've seen me cross his field of vision, like this,
当他开车撞到我
as he hit me with his car.
这是正确的评估吗 -是的
Is that a fair assessment? -It is.
所以贾布朗斯基警官 更应该在撞击之后停车
So Officer Jablonski had every reason to stop after impact
而没有理由怀疑 他是否撞到一名黑人少年
and no reason to doubt that he hit a young black boy.
完全没有
None whatsoever.
我没有问题了庭上
No further questions, Your Honor.
布兰顿的身上只采集到 这么少量的烤漆碎片
Is it unusual such a small amount of paint was recovered from Brenton's body
脚踏车上更是没有不寻常吗 -并不会
and none was found on the bike? -Not really.
因为布兰顿在急诊室受到清洗 我们能采集到任何证据都算幸运
Since Brenton was washed in the ER, we were lucky to recover anything.
至于那台脚踏车 你可能以为会看到更多烤漆碎片
As for the bike, you might expect to see more paint,
那要看休旅车撞到脚踏车的哪部份
but that depends on where the car made impact.
但是现在既然找不到 撞到布兰顿的那辆休旅车
Hmm. But absent finding the car that hit Brenton,
你就不能确定任何车辆 和布兰顿的死亡有所关联
you can't definitively link any vehicle to Brenton's death?
是不能完全确定 但是烤漆碎片完全符合
No, not definitively. However, the paint is a match
被告的休旅车出厂时的烤漆
for the factory job on the defendant's car.
那已经是最接近的匹配了
That's as good a match as you'll get.
嗯
Mmm.
庭上 我想要搞清楚撞击的一瞬间
Your Honor, I'm trying to understand this moment of impact.
我想使用物证S8进行示范
I'd like to use Exhibit S-8 for demonstrative purposes.
我允许
I'll allow it.
你说布兰顿是以横向的角度
You said that Brenton crossed perpendicular
进入驾驶的视线
to the driver's line of sight.
你对这个评估是否有信心
Are you confident in that assessment?
是的
Yes, I am.
所以
So...
想象你自己是驾驶
imagining that you're the driver,
这大概是从挡风玻璃看出去的视野
this is approximately what you would see through the windshield?
没错
That's correct.
如果你还记得外科医师作证说
If you recall, the surgeon testified
布兰顿的头套紧紧包住他的脸部
that Brenton's hood was cinched tightly around his face.
她必须把它剪开
She had to cut it off.
你现在看得出脚踏车骑士的种族吗
Can you tell the race of the rider now?
我看不到他的脸
I can't see his face.
我希望陪审团员 能够想象他们是驾驶
I'd like the members of the jury to imagine that they are the driver.
你们看得到这个人的脸吗
Can you see this person's face?
请别忘了你们现在的视线 并没有被挡风玻璃
And remember, your line of vision is not obstructed by a windshield,
或是飘落的大雪遮住
or the falling snow,
你们也没有以时速96公里前进
and you're not going 60 miles an hour.
如果你看不出受害者的种族
How can an accident be a hate crime...
一场车祸怎么会是仇恨犯罪
if you can't tell the race of the victim?
我的当事人并没有撞到这名少年
My client did not hit this young man,
尽管如此不管是谁撞到他 他都没有犯下仇恨犯罪
but regardless, whoever did did not commit a hate crime.
我没有问题了庭上
No further questions, Your Honor.
哈泼女士你想再次诘问吗
Ms. Harper. Redirect?
根据这名证人的证词
Given this witness's testimony,
我提议撤销对我的当事人 提出的仇恨犯罪告诉
I move to vacate the hate crime charges against my client.
肃静
Order in the court!
肃静
Order in the court!
剧集 | 七秒(2018) | 导航列表