剧集 | 昭雪(2013) | 导航列表
Is there a church in prison?
监狱里有教堂吗
There was, but I was only ever allowed visits by the chaplain.
有 牧师只允许我进入
Oh, you'd meet with him?
你认识他吗
I-I would've met with the executioner, and he stopped by.
我要被处决的时候 他应该在旁边
What sort of things would you talk about?
你都说了些什么
I mean, with the chaplain?
我是说 和牧师说了什么
Well, Flannery O'connor, for one,
例如弗兰纳里·奥康纳
He was a big fan.
他是他的粉丝
Did you ever talk about where you think you'll go when you die?
你没说你觉得自己死后会去哪吗
It was kind of expected in the setting.
那些都是天注定的
Did he come to any conclusions?
他没说出个所以然吗
That it wasn't worth pondering.
那不值得浪费脑细胞
But, of course it is.
当然值得了
It's what makes us human.
这样我们才有人性啊
I-I think what makes us human is the ability to choose
我觉得人性体现在我们有能力
to ponder or not to ponder.
选择思考或者不思考
Free will.
自♥由♥意志
Yeah, I-I focused on preparing for the act itself
是啊 我一直在怎么执行
rather than the result of the act.
就没考虑过之后的事
The act?
执行
Of dyin', of-of-of lettin' go.
就是死 一了百了
Why can't you do both?
为什么不能一起想呢
Some do.
别人可能会吧
But, why can't you, if it is a choice?
但如果有选择 你为什么不想呢
Finding peace in-in not knowin' seems strangely more
挺奇怪的 从未知中获得的平静
righteous than the peace that comes from knowin'.
似乎比已知的更真实
Even if that knowin' might be true?
即使那个已知领域可能真的存在
What?
怎么了
You-you make a better case than the chaplain.
你比牧师更专业
I don't pretend to know everything, Daniel,
我不是不懂装懂 丹尼尔
but I care about you,
但我真的关心你
and I would just hate it, if you went to hell.
我不想你下地狱
I mean, if there is-- I don't know.
我是说如果真有的话... 我也不知道
You're my Beatrice.
你就是我的比阿特丽斯
What?
什么
From "The divine comedy."
《神曲》里的人物
I-I don't know what that is.
我不懂
She was Dante's guide, his salvation.
她是但丁的向导 他的恩人
Well, I-I don't know about that.
好吧 我确实不懂
It was fiction.
的确是虚构的
He's in sheet metal roofin'.
他是做金属板屋顶的
The price of steel, china,
钢材 瓷器的价格和行业规则
regulations all eatin' his ass up, just like all of us.
都让他焦头烂额的 就像咱们一样
But then, last year, boom, tornado-tornado-tornado,
但在去年 接二连三的飓风灾害
all within a half hour of his business.
让他的生意一夜之间就火了
He gets in on this deal. You know how much he makes?
就这单生意 你知道他赚了多少吗
Fifty k?
5万
A hundred and eleven thousand dollars.
11.1万美元
And he's just a subcontractor.
他还只是个转包商
Jesus, just tornados?
天呐 就飓风吗
Exactly.
没错
Gives subcontractors a cut.
让转包商都赚到了
Mexicans do all the work.
而墨西哥人干了所有的活儿
God willing, the creek does rise,
尽人事听天命
we could be clearin' six figures by the end of next year.
到明年年底我们就可能净赚6个点
Government money?
公♥款♥吗
And that, Ted, don't quit.
小泰 别因为是公♥款♥就不干
That's exactly the damn problem, though.
可是 那就是问题的所在
It's government.
那可是政♥府♥啊
Piss on the boot, Ted.
你少来了 小泰
You-you gonna get mad at me for tryin'
我想帮你铺好路赚大钱
to help you put food on your table?
你却要跟我翻脸吗
It's all gone to shit.
别他妈傻了
Honest pay for an honest day's work-- that's dead, son.
一份耕耘一分收获的模式早过时了
The game's rigged.
这事本来就不干净
Somebody's gonna get on this gravy train.
总有人要来坐收渔翁之利
Might as well be us.
我们也可以啊
It's beautiful here, comforting.
这儿真美 很舒服
I'm real glad you came.
我真的很高兴你能来
I hope you didn't feel pressure.
我希望你不要有压力
I never feel that from you.
你不可能给我压力
Why are you so concerned about my long-term future?
你为什么这么关心我的前途
I'm concerned about everyone's,
我关心每一个人
but that's just part of it, you know?
但那只是一部分
I don't want you to think that's all my belief is.
我不想让你觉得那完全就是我的信仰所在
It's the here and the now that my faith in god sustains me.
此时此刻就是信仰支撑着我站在这里
Sustains or numbs you?
是支撑着你还是使你麻木呢
Oh, no.
不是那样的
I see and feel things more sharply now than before I found god,
比起找到信仰之前 我现在对事物的感知
more rightly, more fully,
更敏锐 更公正 也更充分
but it doesn't overwhelm me.
但是这并没让我不知所措
It fills me up with indescribable joy.
反而带给我难以言喻的快乐
I never told anyone this, not-not even Teddy,
我从没把这些告诉过任何人 连小泰都没
but I can see and feel
但我能从所有事物中
god in all things.
看到甚至感受到上帝的存在
Like Thomas Aquinas.
就像托马斯·阿奎纳
I don't know much about him.
我对他并不是非常了解
He felt that god revealed himself in nature.
他觉得上帝透过自然给予人类启示
Yes, yes, I-- that's what I feel or sense.
没错 这正是我所感受到的
He believed that supernatural revelation was faith
他坚信神的启示是信仰
and natural revelation was reason,
而自然的启示是理性
and the two were not contradictory, but complimentary.
两者虽相互矛盾 却又相辅相成
You're different from how I thought you'd be.
你跟我想象中的不一样
Different how?
哪里不一样
I don't know.
我不清楚
You're above things, like you're pure.
超凡脱俗 很纯粹
Far from that.
离那还差得远呢
Could you ever accept christ into your heart?
你能接受基♥督♥的思想吗
I don't think buddha would mind making room, or confucius.
那就让我心中的佛或者孔圣人腾出点位置吧
Nature might grumble.
但心中的自然可能会抱怨啊
You're so smart.
你真聪明
Not really.
过奖了
I've just spent long hours in the reading room.
我只不过爱好读书罢了
Could you ever see yourself being baptized?
你能接受洗礼吗
It's a beautiful ceremony.
那是个很圣洁的仪式
It isn't just a ceremony.
它不仅是仪式
It's you're given new life.
它赋予了你新生
Hard to fathom.
难以理解
Just the feeling of it, being submerged,
那是种沉浸其中的感受
and the water cleansing you of every sin,
它能洗尽你的所有罪恶
and when you emerge, you're different.
然后你会变得不同
It's like they say.
就像世人所说
You're born, again.
你获得了新生
I don't know.
我不知道
Maybe.
或许能
Really?
真的吗
I...
我...
Could be. Sure. I-I could be.
我想我可以
Oh, Daniel!
噢 丹尼尔
I-I'm sorry. I'm not trying to do anything. I'm just...
抱歉 我无意冒犯 我只是...
No, it's okay. Everybody needs to be held.
不 没关系 我们都需要安慰
It does somethin' to ya not to be touched in any positive way for so long.
只是太久没接触善良的人了
You begin to vacillate between bein' repelled by touch
你开始在抵♥制♥与探索中徘徊不定
and seeking it out in any form, even the most negative.
甚至堕落至最阴暗的一面
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
out here, you-- you-you're the only touch that soothed me.
但是 你是唯一能给予我慰藉的
I know that's not proper.
我知道这并不合适
Well, hugging every once in a while is okay, I think.
我想 偶尔拥抱一下不算过分
Maybe just keep tryin' with others.
或许你可以和别人试试
Okay, I will.
我会的
剧集 | 昭雪(2013) | 导航列表