剧集 | 私家侦探(2016) | 导航列表
What do you mean? Of course it's about my book!
什么意思 当然和我的书有关
I spent years crafting every word.
我花了好几年字斟句酌
Obviously, somebody out there is jealous!
很明显是勾起了某人的嫉妒心
Here's what we don't get.
我们不懂的地方是
There are a lot of people
这本书的出版
who gain from the publication of the book,
会让很多人得益
but almost no one who loses.
几乎不会损害任何人的利益
Why destroy a book that's going to make everyone a fortune?
为什么要把这样一本书付之一炬
Because there was no book to destroy.
因为根本就没有这么一本书
That's why you get defensive when we talk about it.
所以我们一谈到这个你就如此抗拒
That's why you change the subject.
所以你才会换话题
There was no second book, was there?
第二本书根本不存在 是吧
OK, it's writer's block.
作家遇到瓶颈了
It's a very painful disease, Miss Everett.
这很痛苦 埃弗雷特小姐
It's debilitating.
我越来越衰弱
It's constipation of the soul.
可以说灵魂都堵塞了
And I've had it for 25 years now.
都二十五年了
Why didn't you talk to somebody?
你为什么不找人谈谈呢
Because I'm Frank Garrison,
因为我是弗兰克·加里森
because I am one of the world's greatest living writers.
我是这世上最伟大的作家之一
Do you know what it's like to try
你知道要保持过去的辉煌
to live up to your former self? I'm pretty familiar with it.
有多么艰难吗 我清楚得很
If a man can't admit it to himself he's a failure,
如果一个男人无法直面自己的失败
how's he going to admit it to his daughter?
又怎么告诉自己的女儿呢
What's he going to tell her?
他该怎么跟自己的女儿说
And I've let Eliza just drift away.
我就这么失去了伊莱扎
You know, she's one of the top photographers in this city.
她是城里最顶尖的摄影师之一
So you do know what she does for a living.
所以你知道她是做什么的
Course I do. I've been collecting photos of hers over the years.
我当然知道 我这几年一直在收集她的照片
They are the most precious things that I lost in that fire,
那场大火带走的东西里 这些照片是最珍贵的
I promise you that.
这点毫无疑问
And working with Sarah, it helped you heal.
跟莎拉一起工作能让你慢慢找回自己
Sarah's another one of my failures.
莎拉是我另一个失败之处
I really thought that I could help her become
我真的以为我能帮她成为一名
a very successful writer.
优秀的作家
I really thought that she had something that was fresh.
我真的以为她有一些独到的看法
Her book was like a new Animal Farm.
她的书就像新版的《动物庄园》
Did you say Animal Farm?
你刚刚说了《动物庄园》
That's what Elliot said about Frank's new novel.
埃利奥特就是这么说弗兰克的新书的
Remember that framed picture on the wall of his office?
记得他办公室墙上那幅装裱的画吗
His brag wall. There was a photo of him scuba diving.
他的炫耀之墙 上面有一张他潜水的照片
Frank mentored her. Her
弗兰克指导了她
book would have his fingerprints all over it.
她的书上应该到处是弗兰克的指纹
That's what this whole thing was about: Elliot trying to scam
整件事的起因就是埃利奥特想把新书装作是
his way into a new Frank Garrison book.
弗兰克·加里森的著作来骗钱
Because nothing sells like tragedy.
没什么比悲剧更卖♥♥座了
Elliot is a bastard. He's a total...
埃利奥特是个混♥蛋♥ 他是个十足的
bastard!
混♥蛋♥
Nurse? Nurse!
护士 护士
Ladies and gentlemen...
女士们 先生们
I've just been told
我刚得知
Frank Garrison has gone into a coma
弗兰克·加里森陷入了昏迷
and is unlikely to recover.
而且不太可能康复了
I wish I was sharing better news.
我们谁都不愿意听到这样的消息
But when the time comes, Fosset-Powers will be there
但当那刻到来 福斯特-鲍尔斯会用
to celebrate Frank Garrison's genius in a positive manner.
积极的态度纪念弗兰克·加里森的精神
Not only will we be re-issuing The Devil's Playground,
我们不仅会重印《恶魔游乐场》
but Frank has left us one final gift...
而且弗兰克给我们留下了最后的礼物
a new novel!
一部新的小说
I'll take your questions one at a time.
接下来是提问时间
Is this new novel about the ultimate betrayal
这本新小说是关于一位老朋友的
of an old friend? No, it's a...
终极背叛吗 不 它是
It's an allegory, set in a forest.
关于森林里的一个寓言
A modern day Animal Farm.
一个当代的《动物庄园》
Hey, I'd like to pitch you
我想提一个绝妙的想法
a killer idea that we've been kicking around.
我们一直在讨论
Feel free to fill in the gaps,
你可以自行补充细节
it is based on a true story.
它是根据真实事件改编的
You're gonna love the villain.
你会喜欢这个反派的
He's got big cojones and a bow tie fetish.
他极其大胆 还有领结恋物癖
Not really an appropriate time for...
现在讨论这个并不合适
So he hatches a plan to kill one of the greatest writers
他想要杀害当代最伟大的作家之一
of our time by burning him alive in his house.
计划是在他家放火
I haven't been to the island in months.
我近几个月没去过这个岛
That fire happened hours after...
那场火发生在
Hours after the last ferry?
最后一班渡轮的几小时之后吗
Clever idea, making it look like someone on the island did it.
聪明的想法 使得看起来像是在岛上的人干的
Except for one small detail. That cave dive
除了一个小细节 你在伯利兹的洞穴
you did in Belize, Elliot? Very impressive.
潜水过 埃利奥特 真是厉害
What are you talking about? Your Divelogger watch.
你在说什么 你的潜水手表
It uploads your data to the cloud automatically:
自动把你的数据上传到云端
biometrics, GPS...
生物特征 定位
Places you within a foot of your location
定位你的位置和时间
and time stamps it. Like the night of the fire, for instance.
比如火灾发生的那晚
You were wearing your dive watch when you scuba-ed
当你潜水穿过阿尔冈昆海湾时
across the harbour to Algonquin Beach.
你正好带着那块潜水手表
I don't have to listen to any of this.
我不想再听到这些
No, but they're gonna want to to the very end,
不 但是他们想听到最后
because it's got everything:
因为这包括了
murder, greed and a twist ending you never saw coming.
谋杀 贪婪和一个意想不到的结局
Ladies and gentlemen...
女士们 先生们
My name is Frank Garrison
我是弗兰克·加里森
and I am not in a coma,
我没有陷入昏迷
nor did I write this book,
也没有写这本书
Dancing in the Labyrinth. So allow me to introduce you
《迷宫起舞》 请允许我向你们介绍
to the real writer of this magnificent novel.
这本伟大小说的真正作者
She's the daughter of a man whose death I was responsible
多年前我害死了她的父亲 并为此自责了很久
for years ago. This is...
她就是
Sarah Lovegrove.
莎拉·洛夫格罗夫
What? Lovegrove? Yes, sir.
什么 洛夫格罗夫 是的
She's a Lovegrove?!
她姓洛夫格罗夫
She's a Lovegrove, Elliot.
没错 埃利奥特
Wait, what Everybody stay back, please.
等下 请大家退后
Imagine if Elliot had known Sarah's real identity.
想象一下如果埃利奥特知道莎拉的真实身份
He could've saved himself an attempted murder charge.
他就不会被指控谋杀未遂了
Garrison mentors Lovegrove?
加里森指导了洛夫格罗夫
Talk about sales.
想想这本书的销量吧
That's what you call... dramatic irony.
这就是你所说的 戏剧性反讽
There we go.
给你
The remaining balance.
剩下的佣金
Worth every penny. Thank you.
物有所值 谢谢你
Do you have somewhere to stay? My daughter's offered a bed.
你有住的地方吗 我女儿提供了张床
I'm going to take her up on it.
我打算去她那里
We got a lot of catching up to do.
我们还有很多可以聊的
You think when this is all done,
等这件事结束
you'll get back to a typewriter? Ooh, now. Baby steps here.
你会继续当作家吗 一步一步慢慢来
I don't know.
我不知道
What I'm actually thinking of doing
我其实真正想做的
is something completely different.
是完全不同的事情
Being a father.
是去做一位父亲
We'll see. Come to think of it, Mr. Shade,
拭目以待吧 想一想 谢德先生
you know, you've managed to
你成功地让自己
get yourself a pretty good second act.
转了个型
Maybe I can too.
也许我也能
Yeah, you remind me of everything I love
# 你让我想起我爱的一切 #
The straw underneath this blanket
# 毛毯下的稻草 #
And the stars that catch your eyes
# 你眼中的星星 #
And the moment when you are closer by my side
# 当你靠近我的那一刻 #
I got you something.
我要给你个礼物
What is it?
是什么
剧集 | 私家侦探(2016) | 导航列表