剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表
Of course, yeah, I didn't mean that to be patronising.
那你用词应该严谨一些
Then you should be more careful.
您难道不认为您女儿的死亡事件
Do you not feel that there was some public interest
会引起公众的关注吗 毕竟这是一起谋杀
in your daughter's death? In the way it happened.
我们说的是事发几小时后发生的事
We're talking hours after it happened.
正是这几小时使得新闻成为了"新"闻
Hours after it happened is why it's news.
您难道不想看到公众
Didn't you want to see outrage
为您女儿的死亡感到愤慨吗
at your daughter's murder?
我更想得到正义
I would've rather had justice.
您是否认为自己未曾得到正义
And do you feel that you've been denied that?
那个时候我对这起案件做过很多报道 我认为
Cos I wrote a lot about your case back then, and I agree you
您是被辜负了 艾仕顿女士 但不是因为我们
were let down, Mrs. Ashton, but not by us.
而是因为警♥察♥ 您的社区
By the police. Your community.
因为您女儿的朋友
By the friends of your daughter
在事发当晚并没有挺身而出
who were with her that night that didn't come forward.
只是因为别人也有失职之处...
Just because there were failings elsewhere...
再说回这些报道
Go back over those stories.
邓肯 你不该盘问...
Duncan, you're not supposed to be cross-examining...
我没有 读一下报道
I'm not. Read the stories.
其中提到了公众的悲恸...
There were common sentiments...
-我们明白你的意思了 -同情
- You've made your point. - Compassion.
愤慨 对真♥相♥的渴求
Outrage. A desire to know what happened.
不是吗 那些正是警♥察♥所欠缺的
Right? Things the police were sorely lacking in.
有人翻过她的储物柜
Someone went through her locker.
当晚《邮报》的一名记者闯入了莱蒂的学校
A reporter from the Post broke into Letty's school at night,
赶在其他人 包括警♥察♥之前
found her locker before anyone else had thought of it,
找到她的储物柜进行了搜查
before the police, and went through it.
只有这样 他们才会了解到她的朋友
That's the only way they could've known about her friends,
男朋友 还有她的画
her boyfriend, her drawing.
你想要真♥相♥
Do you want the truth?
想要全面的曝光 直到事情发生在你头上
Full transparency, until it's about you.
你说的对
That's right.
这正是矛盾所在
It's a contradiction.
你为什么要为难她
Why give her such a hard time?
我们都听过她的那段演讲
Look, we've all heard that speech before.
这些年来她经常出席
She's been in front of
各类委员会和新闻发布会
committees and press conferences for years now,
已经习惯了
she's used to it.
你能想象弗雷德发生这种事吗
Can you imagine if something like that happened to Fred?
我明白
I know.
所以我尊重她
That's why she's got my respect.
尽管她经历了这么多
In spite of all that she's been through,
却还是充满善念
she's somehow stayed good.
依然相信公道
She still believes in righteousness.
正义
Justice.
再加上她还让我滚蛋 我很喜欢
And she basically told me to fuck off, which is good.
-我就好这一口 -我见过你的妻子
- I like women who tell me to do that. - I've met your wife.
是啊 不过最近她不让我滚了
Yeah, well... Actually, these days she doesn't.
我忘了告诉她我不回家住了
I forgot to tell her that I wasn't coming home,
她好像也...
and she just kind of...
接受了
...took it.
这不是什么好现象
It's not a good sign.
你当时也在她家门廊蹲着吗
Were you on her balcony?
你是她之前说的那些记者中的一员吗
One of those reporters she talked about?
我可没有 我还是有原则的
Actually, no. No, I had standards.
原则 我实在难以想象你以前竟然是记者
Standards? Strange to think you were once a journalist.
我现在也是记者啊
I'm still a journalist!
是吗
Really?
我可没发现
I hadn't noticed.
霍莉
Holly!
-霍莉 -这是车祸发生的地点吗
- Holly, er... - This is where the car hit her?
应该是 他们就是在这里发现的她
Oh, I think so. This is where they found her.
但是 我和店里的人聊了聊...
But I spoke with the woman in the shop, and...
你知不知道你现在就可能会死
You realise you could die right now?
-你说什么 -只要哪个司机
- Sorry? - Any moment, one of these drivers.
手一滑
Their hand could slip.
车就会冲出马路 你随时都有可能没命
They could come off the road and suddenly you're dead.
或者是摔倒在马路上
Or you could trip and fall the wrong way.
好吧... 霍莉
Um right, um... Holly,
这家店装了摄像头 可以看到路上发生的情况
the shop has a camera, you can see the street.
但是监控录像已经不在了
But they don't have the footage any more.
《邮报》的一名记者
Apparently a reporter from
周末的时候来过
the Post came in over the weekend and er,
把商店外面的监控录像给拿走了
they took the CCTV footage away from outside the shop.
他们拿走了 那我们必须拿回来
They took it away? Then we need to get it.
监控录像
The footage.
他们不会轻易把录像拱手让人 我该怎么...
They're not going to give it away. How am I supposed to...?
《邮报》的人不会帮我们的
The Post won't help us!
要么我去附近的公♥寓♥看看
Maybe I can try the flats next?
或者 在社交媒体上发布个请求
Or, erm, put a request out on social media.
这里有几个社团可能会...
There's a few local groups which might be...
拉兹·凯恩
你还有一小时
我去躺了一会儿
I'd gone for a lie down,
等我醒来的时候
and I woke up...
他就在那儿了
There he was.
你知道他跟我说了什么吗
Do you know what he told me?
您是说...
You mean...?
是在她的梦里
It was a dream.
"这是最好的结果"
"It's for the best."
我说 "怎么会呢"
I said, "How can it be?"
他说
And he said,
"要有信仰"
"Have faith.
"等着看吧"
"Wait and see."
他对上帝充满信仰
He believed in God.
好吧
Right.
你信吗
Do you?
你想告诉我们什么
What did you want to tell us?
警方有没有告知你们调查结果
Did the police talk to you about what they found?
肖恩自杀了 我只想确定你们
Shawn took his own life, and I just wanted to make sure you were
已经了解到警方所认定的死因
aware of what they believe to be the reason.
他从青少年时期起就一直饱受抑郁症的折磨
He'd always suffered with depression, since he was a teenager.
警方说他的一个前任存了他的照片
The police said an ex had pictures of him.
-威胁说要把照片公开 -他们...
- She was going to put them out there. - Did they...
他们说那个前任是个女孩
Did they say it was a girl? The ex?
他们是这么说的吗
Is that what they said?
我觉得他们可能没有说清楚 因为...
I think there's been some miscommunication, because...
勒索他的那个人
...it wasn't... a girl...
并不是个女孩
...who was blackmailing him.
肖恩是同性恋
Shawn was gay.
未来几小时 会有许多媒体报道这件事
That's what's going to emerge over the next few hours,
他对性向的保密表明性向可能也是
and the fact that was hidden suggests it may have been
-导致他自杀的原因之一 -可是...
- a contributing factor to him taking his own life. - But...
之前采访时你们似乎并不知情 为此我有些担心
I was concerned you weren't aware of that during our interview.
-同性恋 -这件事会在短时间内
- Gay? - This is going to be all over the news
登上各大媒体
very soon,
我想让你们有心理准备
and I wanted to make sure you knew.
拉兹·凯恩
我们需要这个采访 别搞砸
我们...
We...
我们决定不接受采访了
We think we'd rather not do the interview, actually.
-你们... -取消采访吧
- You... - Cancel the whole thing.
他的粉丝应该也会非常震惊
It's going to be a shock for his fans as well.
可能还有很多年轻人与肖恩处境相仿
There may be young men out there who are in Shawn's position,
您的态度可能会对他们有帮助
and they would benefit from hearing from you.
正如您所说 他为什么不能和您谈谈呢
Like you said, why didn't he come to you and talk about it?
放屁
It's bullshit.
你不过是为了你的报道罢了
You just want your story.
事实上...
The thing is...
抱歉 但我们其实已经完成采访了
I'm sorry, but we have actually already done the interview.
如果您不愿意配合接下来的采访 我就只能
If you don't do another I'll have to write up the story as about
将他的父母描绘成对他缺乏了解的人了
how his parents didn't have a clue who he was.
你说我们不了解自己的儿子
剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表