剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表
Because I want to write for a bigger readership,
同时拥有更多的资源
to have more resources.
好的
Ok.
但即便如此 这也是个很大的转变
But even so, it's a big turnaround.
说服我
Persuade me.
再真诚一些
More.
我在《先驱报》的时候有三个新闻
There were three stories that I wanted to follow
想要跟进
when I was at the Herald,
但是由于当事人想要钱所以没法跟进
but I couldn't cos the people involved wanted money.
再加上《先驱报》也没钱
And the Herald doesn't have any.
《先驱报》认为这违反职业道德
The Herald are ethically opposed.
是啊 不过我们可没那么死板
Oh, yeah, but we're not so squeamish.
我想从这个案子着手
I want to start with this.
一个名叫阿德南·洪斯的叙利亚年轻人
A young Syrian called Adnan Homsi
三年前被卷入了叙利亚战争
got caught up in the conflict about three years ago.
在英格兰难民营相识
他曾加入了伊♥斯♥兰♥国几周时间
He joined IS for a couple of weeks,
以为这样能帮助他的家人逃难
thinking it'd help his family escape.
可他的母亲 父亲
Instead, his mother, father,
还有九岁大的妹妹全都遭到了处决
nine-year-old sister were executed.
他很聪明 手里有很多料
He's intelligent. He's got a lot to say.
但他要拿到五千镑才愿意开口
But he needs £5,000 for his story.
他为什么想要这笔钱
Why does he want the money?
他为什么想要这笔钱
Why does he want the money?
他不想将自己的经历公之于众吗
Doesn't he just want his story told anyway?
可除此之外他一无所有
His story's all he's got.
他还得照顾他的弟弟 房♥租 饭钱 衣服...
He's got to look after his brother - rent, food, clothes...
你刚跟我说的那些可不值五千镑
What you just told me isn't worth five grand.
我知道 但他还有更多料
Yeah, but there's more to it.
价值五千镑的料
5,000 more?
不止五千
At least!
我能跟进这个吗 你会给他这笔钱吗
So, can I get going? You'll give him the money?
带他来一趟
Bring him in.
-为什么 -因为在掏这么大一笔钱之前
- Why? - Because I want to look him in the eye
我想先亲眼见见他
before I part with that kind of money.
另外 我有另一个新闻想让你先着手调查
Anyway, there's something else I want you to start with.
看
Look,
这就是传说中的那个保险箱
this is the legendary safe.
你肯定听说过
I assume you've heard of it.
里面存放着很多秘密 以备不时之需
Secrets stored for a rainy day.
有很多你根本都没法相信
Things in here you wouldn't believe.
你知道这是什么吗
Do you know what that is?
这是一卷秘密拍摄的
That is secretly filmed footage
莱瑞·戴斯蒙在台球桌上做♥爱♥的性♥爱♥录像带
of Larry Desmond having sex on a pool table.
莱瑞·戴斯蒙
Larry Desmond?
著名的斯♥诺♥克选手
You know, the celebrity snooker player.
在八十年代很火
Massive in the '80s.
"激光"莱瑞·戴斯蒙
Larry "The Laser" Desmond.
拜托 你又不是什么小年轻
Come on, you're not that young!
莱瑞·戴斯蒙不是死了吗
Isn't Larry Desmond dead?
你说得对 这事我知道 不过...
Oh, yeah, you're right. I knew that, but...
在哪里呢
Where is it?
这个才是我想给你看的
Yeah, this is what I wanted to show you.
我和一位刚刚退休的安全顾问吃了顿午饭
I had this boozy lunch with a recently retired security adviser.
虽然这事他不能明说
Now, he couldn't tell me openly,
但他显然曾在军情五处官居高位
but he'd clearly been high up at MI5.
他...
And he...
他在餐巾上写了这个
he wrote this on a napkin,
告诉我去查一查
and he told me to look into it,
我觉得这件事可能对首相不利
and I've got a feeling that it might compromise the PM.
我把这料捂了一阵
I soft-pedalled it for a while,
可现在觉得是时候抖出来了
but I think the time has come.
查清楚这是什么
Find out what that is.
"谐振" 18年8月14日
这日期是什么意思
What's the date mean?
不知道 那是你的活
No idea, that's your job.
对了 开会
Oh, right, conference.
太好了
Oh, great.
不不不 这会议只有编辑和高级职工能参加
Oh, no, no, it's to editors and senior staff only.
等等 你说过会给我职务
Hang on, you said I'd have status.
我是给了你职务 但不会给你特殊待遇
Status, yeah, but no privileges.
这些你得靠自己的能力去挣 再说你还有事要做...
You have to earn these things, and you've got work to do, so...
去找露西问你的工位在哪里
Ask Lucy about your desk.
你想报道什么都可以报道吗
So you can report whatever you want?
只要理由合理 先向拉兹报备一下就行了
Oh, well, yeah, within reason. You have to check with Raz.
他是新闻编辑
He's news editor.
有时候他会给你料
Sometimes he'll give you a story,
有时候你得给他找料
sometimes you'll bring something to him.
这我喜欢
I'd love that,
利用自己的直觉去追查新闻
being able to use your instinct to chase a story.
我在大学做过 不过这才是现实 不是吗
I've done it at uni, but this is the real world, isn't it?
当然了
It certainly is.
所以你是要住在伦敦吗
Are-are you staying in London, then?
对 住我婶婶那儿
Yeah. With my aunt.
你住在哪里
Where do you live?
我正在找地方住
I'm sort of between places at the moment.
我之前有个室友 不过我们闹翻了
I had this flatmate, but it didn't work out.
为什么
Why not?
她在另一家报社工作
She worked for another paper.
职业竞争问题 她就犯神经了
Professional rivalry issue. She went a bit mental.
-天哪 -是啊 场面挺难看的
- God! - Yeah. It was messy.
是谁
Who was it?
什么
What?
她叫什么名字 我可能听说过她
What was her name? I might know her.
你好啊
Hiya.
你怎么在这里
Wh-why are you here?
我在这里工作
I work here.
特派记者
Special correspondent.
你好 我是霍莉
Hi, I'm Holly.
茱尔丝
Jools.
茱尔丝是来积累工作经验的
Uh, Jools is doing work experience.
今天会跟着我
Shadowing me for the day.
-你可真幸运 -是啊
- Lucky you! - Yeah, I know.
-他在教你工作窍门吧 -对
- He's showing you the ropes, is he? - Exactly.
-分享他的金玉良言 -我们应该...
- Dishing out his pearls of wisdom. - Maybe we should...
他有没有告诉你他的料都是哪来的
Did he tell you where he gets his stories from?
我们刚刚正说这个呢
We were just talking about that, actually.
是吗
Really?
他怎么说的
What did he say?
靠直觉
Instinct.
有意思
Fascinating.
霍莉
Holly?
你的办公桌在那边
Your desk's just over there.
邓肯说要给你找个风景好的位置
Duncan said to get you something with a view.
好的
Excellent.
我还给你找了把好椅子
I got you a nice chair as well.
-谢谢 -这位置还真是好
- Thanks. - Wow, good desk.
你肯定是做对了什么
You did something right.
嗯 他似乎认为我能给这家报社增色
Yeah, he seems to think I can bring something to the paper.
他喜欢我♥干♥的活
He likes what I do.
肯定的
Oh, I bet.
毕竟他要和妻子离婚了 不是吗
He's not with his wife anymore, is he?
你说什么
I'm sorry?
我只是说 他最近和妻子分居了
I'm just saying, he recently split up with his wife.
-开会了 -我得走了
- Conference! - I need to go.
你就直接进去吧
Uh, look, maybe you should just head in.
我去拿点东西 等会儿见
I'll grab my stuff and I'll see you in a minute.
-很高兴认识你 -我也是 茱尔丝
- It's good to meet you. - You too, Jools.
你可真是好心 还给她介绍情况
Nice of you to show her around.
你为什么会来这里
Why are you here?
我已经说过了 我在这里工作
I told you already, I work here.
最后一次通知
剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表