剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表
不该在电视上大哭
for crying on television?
都不是 我想跟你谈是因为我做了坏事
No, I want to talk to you because I've done something terrible.
可能构成犯罪
Possibly criminal.
这事必须公之于众 我希望你能来报道
It needs to be public and I hoped you'd write it.
我们点菜吧
Shall we order?
你之前调查过退伍军人杰夫·纽曼
You were working on Geoff Newman,
-认为是他杀害了那个男孩 -没错
- that ex-soldier you thought had murdered that boy. - Yeah.
你知道他是无辜的吧
You realise he didn't do it?
你所在的报社连篇累牍地控诉了他三天
After three days of persecution by your paper,
然后当地警方今早宣布他们找到了真凶
the police announced this morning that they found the real killer.
-是那孩子的继父 -我知道
- The child's step-father. - I know.
-所以你是拿它当幌子还是... -我没有 我很忙
- So were you just pretending with that or... - No, I was busy
所以让另一个小组的人负责了韦斯特事件的报道
so a separate team took the Josh West story.
因为你把我的笔记给了他们
After you gave them my notes.
是你自己把笔记掉在桌子底下的
Your notes were there, under the table.
别找借口
Don't do that.
-你可以选择不看的 -我是记者
- This was a choice. - I'm a journalist.
-你也会这么做的 -你明知道我不会
- You would have done the same. - You know I wouldn't.
从某种程度上来说 这也是塞翁失马焉知非福
I mean...in a way, with what happened, it's lucky.
要是我没拿你的笔记 公众根本不会知道这事
If I hadn't taken them, people wouldn't know.
-那我还得谢谢你了 -不 只是...
- So I should be thanking you? - No! Just...
邓肯今天是这么说的 你是我们最好的记者
That's what Duncan said today, that you were our best reporter.
你找到了新闻 胜过了我们所有人
You got the story and you were better than all of us.
-他跟谁说的 -开会的时候对着所有人说的
- Who did he say that to? - Everyone. In conference.
还让我们为我们的
He said give a round of applause
明星记者霍莉·埃文斯鼓掌
for our star reporter Holly Evans.
大家都笑了
And everyone laughed.
他觉得这很可笑
He thinks it's funny.
他说他想亲自向你道谢
He said if only he could thank you in person.
行吧
Right.
对不起 你没生气吧
I'm sorry. Are we OK?
我还能继续在公♥寓♥住吗
I can still stay in the flat?
当然
Course.
邮报
来啊
Come on.
邮报
太棒了
Perfect.
你为什么点意式调味饭 太无聊了
Why did you have risotto? So boring.
这菜单上就只有这么一个菜
It was pretty much the only thing on the menu
我知道该怎么念
I knew how to pronounce.
那就问啊 他们不介意的
So ask! They don't mind!
虽然会显得有点傻
I mean, yes, you will look unsophisticated,
可对你而言 这已经是不争的事实了
but in your case that ship's pretty much sailed.
衣服加上口音 你能不能看出别人是北方人
Clothes. Accent. I mean, do you think people look northern?
我觉得可以 这种事情能看得出来
I think they do. I think you can tell.
说吧 你干了什么
So. What have you done?
你在采访之前都是这么暖场的吗
Is this really how you warm up the subjects of your interviews?
我没心情暖场 如果你有话要说
I'm not in the mood to warm up, if you want to tell us something,
-那就... -其实不是这样
- please just... - It's not quite that, actually.
我不是来告诉你什么 而是来审察你
I'm not here to tell you anything, I'm here to check you out.
-看你是否有资格让我向你坦白 -天哪
- To see if you should have my confession. - God.
-你确定这么做值得吗 -我确定
- Are you sure this is worth it? - Yes.
我预约看牙医的时间已经过了 而现在比起来
because I'm overdue a trip to the dentist and right now,
看牙医也不是并没有那么难熬
that feels like a less painful way to spend my time.
讽刺得好 我喜欢有幽默感的人
Irony, good! I like a sense of humour.
-你就不能自己来吗 -不能
- Can you not just do this yourself? - No.
为什么 你也在报社待了好一阵了
Why not? You've been at the paper a while,
-你只需要... -是她指名要你来的
- you just need to... - She asked for you specifically.
-什么 -没错 是我要詹姆斯·埃德沃兹来的
- She what? - Oh, yes. I wanted James Edwards.
为什么
Why?
因为我需要一个不能被收买♥♥的记者
I wanted someone incorruptible.
一个能够写出有深度的报道 实事求是
Who drives to the heart of the story and says it like it is.
深受人们尊重 不会手下留情的记者
Who people respect. Who won't pull punches.
目前看来 你很符合我的要求
I have to say, so far, so good.
-你干了什么 -晚点再说
- What have you done? - Later.
既然《先驱报》会报销这顿饭
Seeing as the Herald's paying for this,
等他吃完这无聊的调味饭 我们再点些甜品吧
after he's finished the boring risotto, shall we move on?
请进 请坐 如果你想的话
Come in. Sit down, if... If you want.
我给你买♥♥了一杯白咖啡 你应该会喜欢
I got you a flat white, which I think you like.
还有饼干
Some biscuits.
听说你很生气
I hear you're angry.
-你知道我要来 -当然
- You knew I was coming. - Yeah.
是我让艾德去劝你的
I told Ed to persuade you.
你偷了我的新闻
You stole my work.
是你的室友偷了你的新闻 我不过是把它发了出来
Your flatmate stole your work. I published it.
韦斯特肯定会发动一场全副武装的法律战争
West was always going to launch a full-blown legal battle.
阿米娜太轻敌了
Amina was naive.
你想看看我们明天的新闻吗
Do you want to see what we've got for tomorrow?
给
Look.
他要搬去自己的阿尔比恩皇家俱乐部
He's moved into his club, the Royal Albion.
乔书亚·韦斯特出逃
首相禁止《邮报》记者出席新闻发布会
所以我们就他的婚姻状况
So we indulge in some healthy speculation
湖区淹水
色胆包天的害人精再次出手
做了些无伤大雅的推测
about the state of his marriage.
你看他开的那个新闻发布会了吗
Did you see that conference he did?
还真是悔意十足啊
Real penitence.
我不知道他是不是真心悔过 不过确实很有说服力
Well, I don't know if it was real, but it was convincing.
咖啡都凉了
It's getting cold.
你为什么把我送的礼物都寄回来了
Why are you sending all my presents back?
你明明很喜欢那把伞 还给我发了邮件
You liked the umbrella. You sent me an e-mail.
是啊 那是个错误的决定
Yeah, that was a mistake.
好吧 因为我把它理解为你有兴趣加入《邮报》
Right. Cos I read it like an expression of interest.
听说你告诉了所有人
Apparently you told everyone
我是你最好的记者
that I was one of your best reporters.
你的确给我们带来了几周来最猛的料
Well, you were responsible for our best story of in weeks,
还拿着邮报的工卡站在这里 所以...
and you are standing in my office with a staff card so...
我要你道歉
I want an apology.
-我很抱歉 -登报道歉
- I am very sorry. - Printed.
那不可能
Oh, no.
是哪点让你最生气
What upsets you the most?
是偷了你的新闻 还是《先驱报》开天窗
The plagiarism? Or that the Herald missed an edition?
听着 一切都在朝着
Look, everything happened
你所希望的方向发展
like I'm sure you hoped it would, by the way.
今天我们接到11通其他女性打来的电♥话♥
We've had 11 calls today from other women
声称自己在参加学徒项目时与韦斯特发生了关系
who were on the programme when they slept with West,
并感觉自己遭到了利用
and felt they'd been used.
我们也接到电♥话♥了
Yeah, we've had calls too.
-那不就行了 -可他就要逃脱责罚了
- Right then. - But he's getting away with it.
那个精心准备过的致歉新闻发布会
That conference. The carefully managed apologists on TV.
是他的手下在帮他降低报道带来的负面影响
He's got advisors managing this to limit the damage
好让公众不去谈论他 而是谈论我们
so no-one's talking about him, they're talking about us.
《先驱报》
The Herald.
那是因为你们今天没有站出来
That's because you weren't out there today,
-解释没发行报纸的原因 -我知道
- explaining why. - I know.
你们明天的头版新闻是什么
What's your front page tomorrow?
目前看来是
It's looking like an apology
为没发行报纸而向读者的致歉
to the people for missing a print edition.
-这可不是个好选择 -我知道
- Bad choice. - I know.
我知道你知道
I know you know.
如果是我们报道韦斯特的新闻 一定会趁热打铁
If we'd published the West story, we'd put the pressure on,
做一周的后续报道
be following it up for a week,
写更长的报道 加上受害者的资料
longer articles, profiles on the victims,
但我猜 你们报道完之后 就会把这事抛诸脑后
but I'm guessing, since you've covered it, tomorrow you'll move on.
我之前也说了我们打算报道他搬去俱乐部的消息
Yeah, well, like I said, we've got him going into his club,
会放在第五和第六版上 所以你说得没错
and that's on page five and six, so you're right,
这个新闻没什么可跟进的了
yeah, there's probably not much more to say.
他糟蹋了那么多女人 理应失去一切
He deserves to lose everything for what he's done to those women.
无论他理应得到什么惩罚
Whatever he deserves,
他都没有犯法 所以谁也无可奈何
he's not actually done anything illegal, so that's pretty hard.
-是啊 -坐吧 拜托了 坐下吧
- Yeah. - Sit down, please. Sit down.
你为什么做编辑
Why are you an editor?
剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表