剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表
A year ago, you started a new contract
清洁公♥司♥签署了新合约
with a cleaning company called Southern Light.
我们...
We, er...
没错
That's right.
就是从那时起 死亡率开始上升
Exactly when the mortality rates began to increase.
所有医院都会时不时签署新的合约
Hospitals start new contracts all the time.
餐饮 供暖 维保
Catering, heating, maintenance.
只要一切工作按标准进行
As long as the work is done to a standard,
你就无法认定其对行医质量造成了影响
I don't think you can imply it's having some effect.
如果清洁频率降低 或做得不够彻底
If the cleaning was happening less often, or less thoroughly,
一定会被发现
it would get noticed.
嗯 我今早去了你们医院
Yeah, I went to your hospital this morning
和几位清洁工谈了一下
and spoke to some of the cleaners there
对于这点她们没有异议
and they would agree with you about that.
那是自然
Right.
但其中一位提到 一年前新承包商接手之后
But one of them said that when the new contractors started,
要求她们将在消毒剂中
they were told to use half the amount of Fluostore
添加的氟洛斯通减半
in the disinfectant from a year ago.
还告诉她们 有新证据表明
They were told there was new evidence
这样做并不会产生影响
that it would make no difference.
我...用量减半
I...half the amount?
原有浓度的一半
Half the concentration.
这也许只是个疏忽 管理不当
Yeah, that could be an oversight, a rogue manager,
但我又调查了保洁合同中
but then I checked what Southern Light had bid
南极光公♥司♥的中标价格
for the cleaning contract
比前一家清洁公♥司♥低了很多
and it was significantly below the previous cleaning company.
低了20% 你肯定知道这事吧
20% less. You're aware of that?
毕竟这可是他们中标的重要原因
Presumably, it was a big factor in awarding them the contract.
我们秉承物超所值的理念
We always look for value for money.
你问没问过他们是如何在降低20%成本的情况下
Did you ask how them how they could achieve the same service
提供同等质量的服务的
at a fifth less the cost?
我猜是因为效率高且方法先进吧
I assumed efficiencies, methods of practice.
你没问
You didn't ask?
我很佩服他们 但...
I was impressed but...
你没问
You didn't ask.
那位清洁工还说
The woman that I spoke to said
三星期前 浓度又调回了
the concentration was changed back three weeks ago,
之前的标准
up to its previous level.
正是死亡率发布的两天之后
Two days after the mortality rate statistics came out.
有人发现了二者的联♥系♥
Someone made the connection.
没多少人会有那么全面的信息
Not many people would have had all that information.
错误是纠正了 但晚了一年
It's been corrected, but a year too late.
谢谢你提出这些质疑
Thank you for raising the concerns.
对于伊芙·戈德温来说太迟了
Too late for Eve Godwin.
她去年因感染病逝了
She died of an infection last year.
我们会对此事进行调查
We'll look into all of it.
我们明天就会报道这件事
We're running the story tomorrow.
今天下午我们会请你对此事发表看法
We'll approach you for comment this afternoon,
当然你也可以现在就跟莉奥娜说
unless you want to leave a statement with Leona.
好的 谢谢
All right. Thank you.
琳达
Linda?
你为什么要做这一行
Why do you do your job?
我猜你是想帮助其他人
I assume that it's because you want to help people.
我的一生都致力于公共事业
I've been in public service my whole life.
私下里说[不得引用]
Off the record...
说了不得引用 你们就真的会不引用吗
"Off the record" - do you really do that?
-有这回事吗 -当然
- Is that a thing? - Sure.
我维系着医院的运营
I keep that hospital running.
现在这种情况下 如果我走了
The way things are, if I go,
他们根本找不到能够胜任这份工作的人
they won't get someone as good, who understands how it works.
我不是狂妄自大 只是陈述事实
That's not arrogance, that's just true,
医院就会出问题 会有更多的人发生不幸
and the hospital will decline and more people will die.
所以没错...
So, yes...
我是犯了错误 造成了严重的后果
..I made a mistake, and it's had consequences,
但我已经设法弥补了
but I've corrected it,
我会继续这份工作
and I'm carrying on,
因为这才是应该做的事情
because that is the right thing to do.
你们可以放过这件事
You could just leave this.
写点别的东西
Write something else.
可我也很擅长我的工作
I'm good at my job, too.
好吧
Right.
一小时后我会给你们结果
You'll have something in an hour.
声明吗
A statement?
我的辞呈
My resignation.
昨晚你去医院了
You went there last night?
嗯 和你打完电♥话♥去的
Yeah, after we spoke.
赶上了末班火车
Got the last train.
你觉得她说得对吗
Do you think she's right?
如果她走了医院会变得更加混乱
That the hospital will get worse if she leaves?
那就不是我们要决定的了
That's not up to us to decide.
我们的工作是曝光事实
Our job is the truth.
这对逝者的亲人很重要
That's important for the relatives of those people that died.
对于其他想采取这种做法的医院
Important for the other hospital trusts that might be tempted
也很重要
to do the same thing
更可以警醒经营者们
and important for managers
我们会时刻监督他们
to know that we will hold them accountable
为自己做的决定负责
for the decisions that they make.
好
Right.
明白了
Yeah.
写吧 给你两个小时
Write it. You've got two hours.
贾斯汀
Justin?
我决定不做广♥告♥包装了
I'm not doing it. The wrap-around.
我们得放点别的东西
We need to find something else.
先驱报
莱戴尔
本季新款
好吧 首先 没有别的东西了
OK. Well, firstly, there isn't anything else.
总会有其他解决方案的
Well, there will be another solution.
需要你去找
You just need to find it.
其次 这件事的决定权并不在你...
Secondly, this isn't actually your choice -
广♥告♥部要对董事会负责
the advertising department are ultimately answerable to the board,
而不是你
not you.
此外 就算你设法说服他们
Furthermore, even if you manage to persuade them
在今后阻止此事
to stop it in the future,
我们也已经签了合同
we've already signed the contract.
一切都太迟了
It's too late.
莱戴尔
-高尔先生 -您是哪位
- Mr. Goyle? - Sorry?
我是詹姆斯·埃德沃兹 《先驱报》的记者
James Edwards. I'm a reporter from the Herald.
你得通过官方渠道...
Look, you need to get through official...
我调查了你们的生产线
Yeah, I've been looking through your production chain,
得到了各个环节的数据
getting various figures from each stage.
生产 运输 物流配送
Manufacture, transportation, distribution.
什么数据 你不可能...
What figures? You shouldn't have...
生产线不同阶段的不同员工都和我聊过了
Various employees at various stages were prepared to talk to me.
还都很乐意
Keen, actually.
你们公♥司♥的员工并没有多少忠诚度
You don't have much loyalty in your company.
一派胡言 失陪了
That's not true. Now, please...
问题是 你们的经营模式根本说不通
See, the thing is, your whole business model doesn't add up.
如果你们在印度做的衣服达到了法定标准
If you manufacture the clothes in India to the legal standards,
按照你们定的价格卖♥♥肯定赚不到钱
you can't sell them at the price you do and still make money.
这并不是真的
Well, that's simply not true.
这是我参考的数据
Well, here are the figures that I'm basing that on.
这些我一概不承认
I don't recognise these.
更重要的是
Well, more importantly,
这些数据都有那些以极低薪水
the figures are backed up by these accounts
甚至零薪水雇佣童工的
of the children working in the factories
工厂账目予以佐证
for criminally low, or no pay.
我这里全都有
I've got all that in here.
如果你发现任何非法的活动 我们当然会
If you've uncovered any illegal activities, of course we'll...
当然 但那不是我
I'm sure, but that's not the article
准备报道的新闻
that I'm going to put forward.
我只是会暗示 你的整个商业模式
剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表