剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表
- Well, what do you mean? - This reception. I know what this is.
我们想请人
We do a similar thing
加入董事会的时候 也会这么做
when we're trying to get someone on the board,
可我已经是董事了
but I am already on the board,
所以你们一定另有目的
so this is for some other purpose.
自打我进门 大家就一直在问我
Ever since I arrived, people keep asking me
一些个人和工作上的问题
questions about myself, what drives me.
然后我和安东尼聊了聊 他说自己很期待
And then I spoke to Antony and he said he was looking forward
将来有更多时间去旅行 我以为他是说假期
to having more time to travel. I thought he meant a holiday,
可后来才反应过来他是要离职了
but then I realised there's going to be a vacancy.
-你的观察力可真是惊人 -职业病了
- You know, you're very perceptive. - Sort of my job.
-事情还没有最终确定 -我很喜欢现在的状态
- Well, nothing's confirmed. - I'm happy where I am.
我明白 但我们希望你能打响这里的名气
Well, sure, but we need you to open this place up.
外联 普及度 公众形象 票价
Outreach, education, our profile, ticket prices.
这里所有人都很喜欢你
You know, you're well-liked here, by everyone.
也很尊敬你
Hugely respected.
我对歌♥剧一窍不通
I don't know anything about opera.
你以前是不懂 可你现在懂了啊
You didn't, but now you do.
再加上你是圈外人
And you're an outsider,
这点正是我所需要的
which is just what we need.
我带你去看个东西
Let me show you something.
这里就会是你的办公室
Well, this would basically be your office.
这么美好的事物
It's a thing of wonder,
应该让所有人欣赏
and it should be for everyone.
沃里克怪人遭围攻
记者 艾德·沃什伯恩
这才几天他就第三次登上头版了
Only going for his third front page in as many days.
最好是猛料 你都了解到些什么
Better be good. What have you got?
他每天都去他们家
Well, he was round there all the time,
不过不是作为朋友 而是去修东西
but he wasn't a friend, he was there as a handyman,
不过他似乎每周都会找借口过去
but apparently, every week he'd find reasons to go in.
好 继续吧
OK, good, keep going.
他现在是我们的一员了
He's one of us now.
什么意思
What does that mean?
意思是你该开始担心了
It means you should start worrying.
他喜欢你
He likes you.
裙子挺漂亮啊
Nice dress.
回去工作
Get back to work.
-有消息吗 -还没有
- Anything? - Not yet.
也没让你待机吗
Not a holding response?
-这也...多久了 -4小时33分钟
- That's, what...? - Four hours and 33 minutes.
要是一直没回复呢
If we don't hear?
到开始付印吗 不会的
Before we're off stone? We will.
如果他不回复的话 还要不要继续报道
But if we don't, we still run it?
当然 我们给过他机会了
Absolutely. He's had his chance.
-好 -去吧
- Ok. – Ok.
克里斯在里面等你
Chris is waiting in there.
-怎么了 -他说我的腿很漂亮
- Ok? - Well, he said I had nice legs.
知道了 我来解决
Yeah. Leave it to me.
那是我光明正大赢的
I won it, fair and square.
那是自然
Oh, I'm not arguing that.
不过鉴于你和半数评委都有过交情
Although you did know half the jury,
或许还是有点影响的
maybe that made a difference.
不管怎么说 你在食物链中也进阶了
Either way you've moved up in the food chain,
阿米娜 你找到了适合自己的位置
Amina, and you've really found your place.
我的助理说你喜欢她的腿
My assistant said you liked her legs.
我年纪大了 不懂这些
I'm from a different generation.
-你每次做错事都这么说吗 -没错
- Do you always say that when you get something wrong? - Always.
别担心 跟你聊完之后我会去道歉的
Don't worry, I'll apologise when we finish.
-你最好还是别打扰她了 -找我有何贵干
- Probably best you just leave her alone. - How can I help?
周四晚上你给我们打了一通电♥话♥
We got a call from you on Thursday night.
这件事你知道吗 我们可是听到了你的鼾声
Are you aware of that? We heard you snoring.
我可能是喝多了
I probably had a drink.
那会儿你才刚交上新闻稿
It's just from when you filed your piece,
并且根据你的掮客的说法
and from what your fixer says,
那晚你应该在和反对组织会面
you were meeting the rebels that night.
而你所谓的采访时间恰好是
You interviewed them at exactly the same time
我们听到你打鼾的时候
we know you were asleep.
那我一定是把时间搞混了
Well, I must have got the timeline confused.
应该是另一晚吧
Another night, then, maybe.
不 我们查过你的日程
No, we've been through your schedule,
也问过你身边的人
we've checked with the people around you.
你在那边时 除了打鼾那晚 每晚都在忙别的事
You're spoken for every other night you were there.
克里斯 你有没有和反对组织会过面
Chris, did you meet the rebels?
到底有没有做采访
Did that interview take place?
-我做了35年记者 -我知道
- I'm a journalist of 35 years' experience. - I know.
干的就是讲述事实 报道新闻这档事
I'm in the business of telling the truth, of telling stories.
我们有权决定在报道中强调 添加
We decide what to emphasise in what we write, what to put in,
删除哪些内容 无非是为了
what to leave out, with the sole intention
充分传达报道的中心思想
of making whatever point the story intends, of
-描绘出超越事件本身的真谛 -等等
- conjuring not just the facts but what it feels like. - Wait...
稿件里引用的每一句话
Every quote in that piece was
都是我见到的人亲口说的
said to me by someone I met.
天啊 克里斯
Oh, God, Chris!
我的写法更好
It's better the way I've written it.
如果所有事
Carries more authority
都发生在同一个晚上 会显得更有权威
if it's all happening on one night.
但那不是事实
But it's not true!
从本质上看 就是真的
The heart of it absolutely is.
我们只剩下读者对我们的信任了
All we have left is trust.
如果他们想看的是传闻或者观点
If people want rumour or opinion,
上哪儿都能看到
they can get that anywhere.
信任是最重要的东西 这点毋庸置疑
It is the most important thing. Of course it is.
阿米娜 我的报道曾经改变了世界
Amina, my articles have changed the world!
我的报道不仅煽动了革命
They've incited revolution,
还广为阅读 人气极高
been widely read, they're very popular,
更不用说我还得过好几个奖项
not to mention the fact that I've won a fair few awards myself.
所以无论我在做什么 以何种方式达到目的
So, whatever it is I'm doing and however it's done,
产生的影响都是真的
it has real impact!
所以这不是你第一次这么做
So this isn't the first time?
我不是这个意思
I'm not saying that.
35年来 你写的所有报道都可能...
35 years, and anything you've written could be...
我们得把你的所有报道都检查一遍...
We're going to have to go through all of them -
-还有你参与过的每一篇报道 -别傻了
- every single article you've ever been involved in! - No!
要是这件事传出去...
When this gets out...
-为什么要传出去 -因为它就是会
- It doesn't have to get out! - It does!
到了那时 质疑声会纷至沓来
And when it does, there will be questions about all of it,
我们就得弄清事实
and we are going to have to know the facts,
弄清楚你到底对哪些事撒了谎
know exactly what you lied about!
我没撒谎 阿米娜
Not lies, Amina.
我从没歪曲过事情的本质
It was never anything that changed the substance!
-有时只是时机不凑巧 -别找借口
- But sometimes the stars just don't align! - No.
好吧
Right.
那就让我走吧
Then just let me go.
不要调查 我会悄悄离职
Don't investigate. I'll just leave quietly.
我上学的时候经常读你的报道
I used to read your pieces when I was a student.
我刚来这里做编辑的时候
When I started as editor here,
也把不同的记者
I thought of different reporters
看作我们的代言人 主心骨 公众形象
as our mouthpiece, our heart, our public face.
你本该代表我们的良心
You were supposed to be our conscience.
此事关乎我们报社的名誉
It's the reputation of the entire paper.
那我就再也找不到工作了
Then I won't work again.
时代不同了...
A different generation...
是啊
Oh, yeah.
先驱报
邮报
走近哈珀一家
沃里克怪人遭围攻
没有足够的证据支持
Not enough substance.
我们知道这人是个怪人
We know he's a weirdo,
也知道他喜欢枪♥械♥
we know he likes guns,
可我们并没有任何对他不利的实际证据
but there's no actual evidence against him.
这是条死路 放弃吧
We're not getting anywhere, let's move on.
他确实是被各路记者围攻了
剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表