剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表
It's a big thing,
《先驱报》
有好几家大公♥司♥哭着喊着要
and big companies are crying out for the opportunity
上我们的报纸
to associate their brand with ours.
莱戴尔
Lydale?
只是举例罢了 不过他们公♥司♥
Just an example, but they are a company
确实对这种销♥售♥策略感兴趣
that's expressed an interest in this kind of marketing.
这样顾客就看不到新闻了
You can't see the paper.
调查显示这不会大幅影响销量
It's proven to not impact sales, massively.
你考虑一下 我们明天再谈吧
Have a think and we'll talk tomorrow?
好 谢了
Sure. Thanks.
-你多大了 -33岁
- How old are you? - 33.
-你瞧着像25 -我不喝酒 滴酒不沾
- You look 25. - I don't drink. Never have.
所以我的皮肤老化没有其他人...那么严重
So my skin hasn't suffered, like...other people.
我们有信托基金 用不着这么做
The trust exists so we don't have to do this.
信托基金已经入不敷出了
The trust is running out of money.
董事会说要开辟新的财源
The board said to explore new income streams.
-他们能调整封面设计 -不是这个问题
- They can work on the designs. - No, no.
是这让人觉得不像是在买♥♥报纸
It doesn't look like you're buying a newspaper,
而是在买♥♥广♥告♥
it looks like you're buying an advertisement.
你还记得VHS吗
Do you remember VHS?
-那是店名吗 -不是
- Was that a shop? - No!
VHS 家用录像带
V-H-S? Video cassettes?
80年代 人们用它在家观看影片
No. In the '80s, that's how you'd watch a film at home,
曾经有段时间
but they went through this period
出版商会在你购买♥♥的影片录像前
of putting trailers for other films
植入其它影片的预告
at the start of the one you'd just paid for.
顾客就必须快进跳过
So you had to fast-forward them,
这些预告很快就失去了时效性
and they went out of date really quickly
可你每次还是要先看这些预告
and you were stuck with adverts
才能看到你真正花钱买♥♥的这部影片
before you could get to the thing you bought.
你根本不知道我在说什么
You have no idea what I'm talking about.
嗯 不过我还是在听 因为我尊重你
No. But I'm listening because I respect you.
重点是
The...the point is,
我花钱正是为了不看广♥告♥
I paid money precisely so I didn't have adverts,
可商家却想赚两边的钱
but they were trying to do both.
就和这个一样
It's the same with this.
我们的报纸并不便宜
Our paper isn't cheap,
用广♥告♥包装它就等于...
so, then, to have it encased in an advert, as well...
读者会理解的
Our readers understand.
不
No.
我担心如果我们这么做 就会失去读者的尊重
I worry that if we do this, we lose respect.
失去独♥立♥性
Independence.
人们买♥♥《先驱报》是为了真♥相♥
People buy the Herald for the truth.
可我们要是躲在
How can they trust us
商业公♥司♥的阴影下 他们如何还能信任我们
if we're wrapped up in a profit-making company?
大家都这么做 现在世道就是如此
Everybody's doing them. It's how the world is these days.
可这感觉就是不对
It feels wrong!
新生事物往往如此
New things often do.
-给我的 -一路从印度背来的
- For me?! - All the way from India.
标签上写着"希斯罗机场"
The price tag says "Heathrow".
抱歉
Sorry.
我当时赶着去机场 没时间了
I ran out of time before I got to the airport.
重要的是你喜欢杜松子酒 不是吗
You know, you like gin. That's the point, isn't it?
-礼轻情意重 -是啊
- It's the thought that counts. - Yep, yep.
-给 -谢谢你的好意
- There you go. - Very kind of you.
-你看我的报道了吗 -看了 写得不错
- Have you read my piece? - I have. It's good.
阿米娜看了吗
Has Amina seen it?
她正想跟你谈谈呢
She wants to talk to you about it.
你的报道真的很精彩 詹姆斯
It's a really good piece, James.
詹姆斯
James!
你给她带了什么
What'd you get her?
见鬼 抱歉
Shit! Sorry!
是给我的吗
Is that for me?
-一路从印度背回来的 -谢谢你
- All the way from India. - Oh, thanks!
她是个天才
She's a genius.
我说要是想报道残障人士法案
I said, if you want to cover the disability bill,
就去找个名流
get a celebrity.
你猜她找了谁 罗茜·费希尔
You know who she got? Rosie Fisher.
不是吧
Really?
我记得她婶婶患了脑瘫
Well, I remembered that her auntie had cerebral palsy.
根本不用跟她介绍情况
Didn't have to brief her.
她就迫不及待地要表达意见了
She couldn't wait to say her bit.
现在不仅销量能上去
Yeah. So I get sales
我们也能把想报道的新闻放上头版
and we get the story on the front page, where we want it.
真是个好日子
It's a good day.
你看过我的报道没
Have you read my piece?
看了 跟我进屋谈谈
Ah. I did, yeah. Come in, let's talk.
-这篇报道不能刊登 -什么 为什么
- We can't use it, mate. - What? Why!
这可是大新闻
It's important!
三家大型服装公♥司♥把生产工作外包给
Three major clothing companies outsourcing their manufacturing
使用童工的当地公♥司♥
to local companies that use child labour.
莱利 提克丝 莱戴尔
Relly, Teeks, Lydale.
消息是儿童提供的
The sources are children.
-那又如何 -你怎么采访的他们
- So? - How did you interview them?
-我找了个翻译 -房♥间里只有你们三个人
- With a translator. - Just the three of you in the room?
-对啊 怎么... -真实性全部取决于那位翻译
- Yeah. What...? - That places a lot of trust in the translator.
阿米娜 你读过了
Amina, look, you've read it.
当时有成年人在场吗
Were there responsible adults there?
我就算啊
I'm a relatively responsible adult.
父母呢 监护人呢
A parent? A guardian?
那些孩子根本没人照料
These children, they don't have people like that!
要是这些公♥司♥反过来说是孩子们编的呢
What if the companies turn around and say they're making it up?
除非我们有证据 否则就要向他们道歉
They want an apology unless we have proof?
我理解 可我找了六个在不同工厂
I'd understand, but there are six different children here
-工作的孩子 这其中有规律... -不行
- who work in different factories. Now, that's a pattern... - No!
那最起码能写篇报道
Well, can't we at least print
指出他们的生产过程引人疑窦吧
that there's questions raised about their practices, or...?
那是你想写的报道吗
Is that the piece you want to write?
以前的你肯定会刊登的
You know, you would have run this.
一年前的你还没这么胆小
A year ago, I think you were braver.
什么 这就是你的想法
What, that's what you think?!
大家都这么想
Everyone does.
因为赚不到钱 你就变得畏首畏尾了
We're losing money and you've got nervous.
我们再查其它线索
We'll find something else.
没问题的 走吧 我们出去吧
You'll get there. Come on, let's get out of here, mate.
行了 可以走了
That's it now, you can go.
我想留下提前处理一些明天的工作
I might just stay and get ahead for tomorrow.
-不用这么拼 -没事
- You don't have to. - It's all right.
你家里还好吧
Everything OK at home?
什么 当然了 都挺好的
What? Yeah, yeah, yeah, everything's great.
好吧
Ok.
-那晚安了 -晚安
- Night, then. - Night.
你就该一直在桌子上摆瓶杜松子酒
You should always have a bottle of gin on your desk.
可以把它变成你的特色 你的癖好
It could become your thing, you know? Your eccentricity.
我在书上看到过 每个领导者都有癖好
Every leader needs their quirks. I read it in a book.
他不是真心的
He didn't mean it.
随便吧
No, sure.
詹姆斯知道我们是对的 然后就一直在努力找证据
James knows we're right. He's been hard at work ever since.
行吧
Yeah.
行 那晚安吧
OK. Well, goodnight, then.
好 谢谢你
Yeah. Thanks.
明天见
See you tomorrow.
吃晚饭吗
Dinner?
好 麻烦你了
Er...yeah. Thanks.
来 我给你照张相 话题"派对熊熊"
Here, let me take a picture. #Bearbear's at the party!
怎...怎么了
Wh...What?
那些人是我在牛津的同学
I was at Oxford with them.
那群人 他们知道我的性格
That lot. They'll know who I am,
知道我不会来这种地方
that I wouldn't be somewhere like this.
你是牛津的
You went to Oxford?
剧集 | 报社(2018) | 导航列表