剧集 | 科曼先生(2021) | 导航列表
怎么了
What?
-不要反科学 -我不是
-Don't be anti-science. -I'm not.
你听起来是
Well, it sounds like you are.
你刚说科学是由故事构成的
You just said that science is made up of stories.
可是故事和科学正相反
But stories is the opposite of science.
故事给我们带来这么多的麻烦
Stories is what gets us into so much trouble.
好 等等 科学 至少我的理解是这样
Okay, wait. Science, at least how I understand it,
是人们试图弄清楚 到底是怎么回事 对吗
is people trying to figure out what's really going on, right?
但科学家最优秀的特点之一 就是他们足够谦虚
But one of the coolest things about scientists is they're humble enough
他们承认自己不可能百分百地 确切知道任何事
to admit that they can never really know anything for sure, like 100% absolutely.
所以他们尽力而为
So, you know, they do their best.
他们调查研究 搜集证据
They look around. They gather evidence.
他们试图通过讲述故事来解释那些证据
And they try to make sense of it all by telling a story.
那个故事叫做假设
And that story is called a hypothesis.
然后他们通过搜集更多证据来验证假设
And then they test their hypothesis by gathering more evidence.
有时候他们是错的 就得改动他们的故事
And sometimes they're wrong, and they have to change their story.
有时候他们是对的 他们就可以保留他们的故事
Sometimes they're right, and they get to keep their story
直到他们找到新的证据 证明他们以前的故事是错的
until they find some new evidence that proves their old story wrong,
然后他们就得再想出一个新的故事
and then they have to come up with a new story.
你就是这么跟你的学生说的
Is that what you tell your students?
是
Yes.
是 算是我的高论
Yes, it is. That's kinda my spiel.
我喜欢
I like it.
真的
You do?
谢谢
Well, thanks.
不过你还是不应该对他们说 科学是由故事构成的
But you still shouldn't tell them that science is made up of stories.
他们会认为那都是编造的
They're just gonna think that it's all made up.
好吧 那我应该对他们说什么
Okay. What should I tell them?
我可以说是由真实的故事构成的
I could say it's made up of true stories.
好吧
Okay.
变得越来越真实的故事
Stories that get more and more true.
很好
Great.
酷
Cool.
从今往后我就对他们这么说
That's what I'm gonna tell 'em from now on.
-我认为很好 -好吧 如果你觉得好
-Great. That sounds good to me. -All right. If it's good with you.
是很好…
It is. It is.
好吧
All right.
真的
Really?
是
Yeah.
那似乎不像你
It doesn't seem like you.
现在不是了 不过以前确实是
Well, it's not anymore. But it definitely was.
严重抑郁
Severe depression?
“严重”是什么意思
What's the "severe" mean?
意思是很严重
It means it was severe.
我想知道我的焦虑症是否严重
I wonder if my anxiety is severe.
你有焦虑症
You have anxiety?
是 我想是的
Yeah. I think so.
如果严重的话 你就会知道
Well, you would know if it were severe.
感觉很糟
It feels pretty bad.
那就不是真的严重
That's not really severe.
不是 我有一天不能上班
No. Like, I had to miss work one day.
我有七个星期不能上班
I had to miss work for seven weeks.
怎么了
What?
没什么…只是…
No, no. No. It-- I just--
我原本以为我的情况很严重呢
I would've thought what I had was severe.
我们要关灯吗
Are we gonna turn off the lights?
好
Sure.
现在我看不到你了
Now I can't see you.
没关系
That's all right.
你记得从前人们只能通电♥话♥
Remember back when people used to just talk on the phone
不能通过视频见面吗
without seeing each other on video?
是啊 比如很久以前的2月
Oh, yeah. Like way back in February.
我还能听到你的呼吸
I can still hear you breathing.
这就像14岁的时候
This is like being 14.
什么意思
What do you mean?
好像那时候跟男孩们在一起
You know, like with boys back then.
我们会在电♥话♥上讲几个小时
We would just talk on the phone for hours and hours.
对 是啊 因为没有人会开车
Well, right. Yeah. Because nobody could drive.
所以没办法见面
So there's no way to be together in person.
是啊 我有过一个男朋友
Yeah. Like, I had this one boyfriend.
我想可以这么称呼他
I guess you can call him that.
我当时是这么叫他的 “我的男朋友”
That's what I called him at the time, "my boyfriend,"
可是我们从来没有见过面
but we, like, never saw each other in person.
一切都是在电♥话♥上发生的
It all happened over the phone.
发生了什么
What all happened?
-什么都发生了 -什么
-Oh, it all happened. -What?
你知道 就是我会告诉他 我要对他做什么
You know. Just, I would tell him what I was gonna do to him.
这样啊 你说了什么
Uh-huh. What would you say?
我不告诉你
I'm not telling you.
-为什么不 -就是不行
-Why not? -Because.
好吧
Okay.
你做过那些你说要对他做的事吗
Did you ever do the things you said you were gonna do to him?
-没有 -没有
-No. -No?
对 没有 面对面就不一样了
Yeah, no. It just wasn't the same in person.
知道吗 在电♥话♥上就有一种感觉
You know? There was just something about being on the phone.
所以我们在电脑上进行第一次约会 也许是件好事
So maybe it's a good thing our first date was on a computer.
也许
Maybe.
如果我们是真的约会 你觉得会发生什么呢
What do you think would've happened if we had gone on a real date?
我不知道 我讨厌约会
I don't know. I hate dates.
-我也是 -不 我是痛恨
-Me too. -No. I hate it.
对 我也是
No. Me too.
比如 我总是刚一到就想结束了
Like, as soon as I get there, I always just want it to be over.
是啊
Well, yeah.
因为我通常在刚一见面的60秒内就知道
Because usually, I know within the first, like, 60 seconds
这约会没戏
that it's not going anywhere.
对极了
Yeah, exactly.
我挺怀念去餐馆吃饭的
I do miss going to restaurants.
我不怀念
I don't.
第一次约会就不应该在公共场合
First dates just shouldn't be in public.
-太具有表演性质了 -你说什么呀
-It's too performatory. -What are you talking about?
第一次约会永远应该在公共场合 万一这个男人是强♥奸♥犯呢
First dates should always be in public in case the guy turns out to be a rapist.
好吧
Okay.
不过不是别的人让我讨厌
But it's not the other people that bother me so much.
整个情形
It's just the whole situation.
感觉像是工作面试
It feels like a job interview.
你坐在他们对面
You're sitting across the table from them
两人都在估量对方
and you're both, like, assessing each other,
感觉像在做交易
and it just feels so transactional.
然后 最后你们也许该接吻
And then, at the end, you're supposed to maybe kiss.
谁愿意亲吻一个他们刚认识的人
I mean, who wants to kiss someone they just met?
我们刚认识 我想亲吻你
We just met. I wanna kiss you.
我也想亲吻你
I wanna kiss you too.
真的
You do?
我想是吧
Yeah. I think so.
可是如果我们真的约会 你不会这样做
But you wouldn't if we were on a real date?
大概不会 对吧
Probably not, huh?
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
然后我会以为你不喜欢我
Then I would think you didn't like me.
我不想显得咄咄逼人 所以就不会马上给你打电♥话♥
And I wouldn't want to be pushy, so I wouldn't call you right away.
然后你会以为我不是认真的
And then you wouldn't think I was all that serious
因为我没打电♥话♥
'cause I didn't call.
所以然后你不会给我打电♥话♥ 然后我们就各自继续我们的生活了
So then you wouldn't call me, and then we'd both just move on with our lives.
你睡着了吗
Are you sleeping?
(艾米丽)
(抱歉我睡着了 你早餐时要做什么 )
总之 就是很多
Anyway. It's a lot.
所以大概我该走了
Which is why I should probably go
因为我得在今天结束之前 把所有那些都做成报告
'cause I have to put all of that together in a presentation by end of day.
哇 是很多
Wow. That was a lot.
那是…
That's…
剧集 | 科曼先生(2021) | 导航列表