剧集 | 科曼先生(2021) | 导航列表
不 我听 我喜欢音乐
No, I do. I like music.
我只是一点不懂音乐
I just don't know anything about music.
你最近一次听到的歌♥是什么
What's the last song you listened to?
我不知道
I wouldn't know that.
好吧 你现在喜欢的一首歌♥是什么
Okay. What's one song you like right now?
完全不知道
Definitely no idea.
好吧 你记得小时候 拥有的一张唱片是什么
Okay. What's one CD you remember having when you were a kid?
我没拥有过唱片
I didn't own any CDs.
好吧
Uh-huh.
它们很贵 这我记得
They were really expensive. I remember that.
非常贵 的确
Very expensive. Sure.
那是我所有的钱 我把所有的钱都花在唱片上了
That was all my money. Like, everything I had, I spent on CDs.
因为那时候
'Cause back then, you know,
那是你能听到音乐的唯一途径
that was really the only way you could listen to music.
如果你想听某个特定的音乐
Like if you wanted to hear anything specific.
不然就只有收音机了
Otherwise, just the radio.
-我只听收音机 -哎呀
-I only listen to the radio. -Oof.
哎呀 收音机有什么不好
Oof? What's wrong with the radio?
其实没什么不好
You know what? Nothing.
好吧
Okay.
怎么了
What?
没什么 我只是…
No. I just…
我想你说得有些道理
I think you're onto something.
那你是在哪长大的
So, where'd you grow up?
这里
I grew up here.
-是吗 哪里 -洛杉矶
-Yeah? Where? -LA.
不是 我知道 洛杉矶哪里
No, I know. Like, where?
谷地
The Valley.
我也是
Me too.
-真的 哪里 -范奈斯
-Really? Where? -Van Nuys.
太巧了 我父母现在还住在兰奇托
Funny. My parents still live on Ranchito.
哇
Wow.
我们小时候一定在某个公园一起玩过
We must've, like, played in a park together or something.
我们从来不去公园 我妈妈讨厌公园
We never went to parks. My mom hated parks.
谁会讨厌公园呢
How do you hate a park?
她其实更讨厌游乐场 知道吗
Well, it's more the playgrounds. You know?
她痛恨沙子 还有其他方面
She despises sand, among other things.
-她听起来很有魅力 -嘿 说话好听点
-She sounds charming. -Hey. Be nice.
好的 抱歉…
Okay. Sorry, sorry.
你想看她吗
Do you wanna see her?
想
Yeah.
她介绍我们认识的 我该谢她
She introduced us. I should thank her.
这就是她
Here she is.
-他们是你的爸妈 -对
-That's your mom and dad? -Yeah.
-好温暖 -谢谢
-That's really sweet. -Thanks.
我喜欢那些人们在镜头前不笑的照片
I love it when people aren't smiling in pictures.
真的 为什么
Really? Why is that?
我想感觉很诚实
It just feels honest, I guess.
比如 有人把照相机对准我的时候 我从来不想笑
Like, I never feel like smiling when someone's pointing a camera at me.
是啊 他们从来就不怎么笑
Yeah. Well, they don't really smile ever.
-不仅在照片里 -那不可能吧
-You know? Not just in pictures. -That can't be true.
是 差不多就是
Yeah, it kind of is.
“差不多”是什么意思
What do you mean, "kind of"?
他们的一生过得很艰辛 跟我们很不一样
You know, they had a really hard life. Really different from us.
他们的家乡 当时情况很糟糕
And where they came from, at the time, it was really bad.
他们身无分文来到这里 想办法生存了下来
And, you know, they came here with nothing and figured it out.
是啊 有点像我的曾祖父母
Yeah. That's kinda like my great-grandparents.
至少在我妈妈那边
On my mom's side, anyway.
我只有一张我曾祖父的照片
I only have one picture of my great-grandfather,
他在里面完全不笑
and he is not smiling in it at all.
-他是从哪来的 -俄♥罗♥斯♥
-Where is he from? -Russia.
俄♥罗♥斯♥
Russia.
-是的 你父母是从哪来的 -韩国
-Yeah. Where are your parents from? -Korea.
我有很多学生是在美国出生的第一代
Bunch of my students are first-generation.
他们的父母移♥民♥过来 就像你的父母
Like, their parents came over, I guess. Like yours did.
是…一种特点
It's… It's a thing.
你是什么意思
What do you mean?
不是 我的意思是 他们每个人都不一样 不过…
No, I mean, each one of them's different, but--
就比如有一个学生 她…
Yeah, like, there's this one kid, and she's--
她是在这里出生的 不过她的父母来自伊朗
Well, she's from here, but her parents are from Iran.
她说的一些话 还有写的一些东西
And some of the stuff she talks about and writes about
跟我十岁的时候想的事情完全不同
is so different from anything I was thinking about when I was ten.
你明白吗 她…
You know? Like she…
比如 她以前总是每个暑假回伊朗去
Like, she always used to go back there every summer.
可是几年前 她回不去了
But then a couple of years ago she had to stop going,
因为我想他们大概害怕我们的政♥府♥吧
'cause I guess they're, you know, scared of our government.
这是很遗憾的事情
And it's an awful thing.
我为她感到难过
And I feel really bad for her,
可是我想在某种意义上 这让她更加坚强了
but I do think that in a way, it's making her stronger.
她如此地清醒 敏锐 充满激♥情♥
Like, she is so aware and sharp and passionate.
我告诉你 她长大以后会非常厉害
And she's gonna grow up and kick ass. I'm telling you.
我敢把赌注下在她身上 我敢打赌
Like, I would bet on that girl. I'd bet.
-她叫什么名字 -妮基
-What's her name? -Nicki.
妮基
Nicki.
你饿不饿
Are you hungry?
饿了
Yeah.
-当然 -我也是
-Sure. -Me too.
他说:“它让我觉得渺小”
He goes, "It just makes me feel small."
-天啊 -就是啊 我太喜欢他了
-Oh, my God. -I know. I just love him.
他是一个非常真诚和周到的人
He's such this heartfelt, thoughtful guy.
宇宙让你觉得渺小吗
Does the universe make you feel small?
是啊 也让你这么觉得吗
Yeah. Doesn't it for you?
当我看到那张照片的时候 那并不是我的主要感受
Well, that's not the main thing I feel when I look at that picture.
你知道“大天体图片”
You know the Big Picture?
是的 伙计 我是在这里长大的
Yeah, dude. I grew up here.
-我去过格里菲斯天文台 -对 是的…
-I've been to the Griffith Observatory. -Yeah. Right, right. Right.
-我很喜欢“大天体图片” -我也喜欢
-I love the Big Picture. -So do I.
可你刚说过它让你感到渺小
But you just said it makes you feel small.
是的
It does.
对
Right.
不过对我而言 更有一种 “我不敢相信我能够做人类”的感觉
Yeah, but for me, it's more like, "I can't believe I get to be human."
你明白吗 我有身体 大脑 手和眼睛
You know? With a body and a brain and hands and eyes.
可以看到东西 可以做事情
And I can see things and do things.
我可以成为这种不可思议的复杂机器
Like, I get to be this crazy, complicated machine
因为在所有这些空间 尘埃和气体中间
because, what, out of all the empty space and specks of dust and gas,
竟然有这么一个小石头 它的环境条件正合适
there's this one little rock where the conditions are just right?
有温暖的水
And it has warm water,
所以海洋中的颗粒可以相互碰撞
so particles in the ocean can bump into each other
无休无止地进行了几十亿年
over and over and over again for, like, billions of years
直到它们开始结合和繁衍下去
until they start sticking together and reproducing.
而这演化成了我
And that evolved into me?
而现在我可以坐在这里 吃着美味的咖喱蔬菜
And now I get to sit here and eat delicious vegetable curry
在Zoom上和你聊天
and talk to you over Zoom.
这怎么可能
I mean, what?
这和渺小正相反
That is the opposite of small.
你明白吗 所有其他东西都那么渺小 我怎么能这么有意义
You know? Everything else is so small. How did I get to be this big?
哇
Wow.
我从来没觉得自己有意义过
Yeah. Big is something I never feel.
-不过你明白我的意思 -是的 这是奇迹
-But you know what I'm saying. -Yeah. It's a miracle.
不 不是奇迹
No. It's not a miracle.
这正是精彩的地方 它真的发生了
That's what's so cool about it. It really happened.
知道吗 奇迹都是假的
You know? Miracles are fake.
那可不一定
Not necessarily.
-奇迹的定义就是假的 -不 不是
-That is the definition of a miracle. -No, it's not.
好吧 请定义一下“奇迹”
Okay. Define "miracle."
好吧
Okay.
奇迹是一件你无法解释的事情
A miracle is something you can't explain.
对 但我们可以解释这件事 知道吗
Right. But we can explain this. You know?
这不是某个人编出来的故事 这是科学
It's not some story that somebody made up. It's science.
-科学是由故事构成的 -小心点
-Science is made of stories. -Careful.
剧集 | 科曼先生(2021) | 导航列表