剧集 | 逍遥法外 | 导航列表
I mean, the fact he was a cop
让我们不可能寻求帮助
just made it impossible to get help.
就算我们报了警 只会让她
And calling them was only gonna make him
被虐待的更厉害
come down harder on her later.
你父亲被杀的那个晚上呢
And the night your father was killed?
一切如常
It was normal.
妈妈一进来他就开始大叫
He started yelling as soon as mom walked in,
我不知道
and I don't know,
我只是没法袖手旁观
I guess I just couldn't do nothing anymore.
所以我走进他的卧室
So I walked into his bedroom...
拿起他的枪
got his gun
等我回过神来 只记得枪在我手上
and the next thing I remember is the gun in my hand --
枪还烫着
It was still hot
爸爸倒在地上
and dad on the floor.
他再也不会吼了
He wasn't yelling anymore.
我如释重负
I was so relieved.
他死了之后
But things are better now
情况反而好多了
that he's dead.
瑞安 别这么说
Ryan, please don't say --
我很高兴我开枪打死了他
I'm glad I shot him.
我们要对抗的不是谋杀指控
We're not just fighting a murder charge.
我们对抗的是整个警方
We're fighting the police.
他们利用政♥治♥手段和媒体
They've used politics and the media
激起了公众的愤怒 把瑞安
to fuel public outrage and turn Ryan,
这个从小就一直目睹母亲被虐待的男孩
a boy who spent his entire life witnessing his mother's abuse,
变成了仇恨父亲的反♥社♥会♥分子
into a sociopath who hated his father.
我们该怎么打赢这场官司
So, how do we win this?
靠的不是证据 而是陪审团的情绪
Not based on evidence, but the emotions of the jury.
尊敬父亲
在情感驱动的案子里
In emotionally driven cases,
挑选陪审团不是科学
jury selection isn't a science.
而是人类研究
It's the art of human study.
所以在挑选陪审员时 怎么让
So how do we ensure the least amount of bias
偏见最小化
when picking a juror?
普拉特小姐
Miss Pratt.
确保偏见对你方有利
By making sure the bias swings in your favor.
比如说 男人倾向于惩罚
For example, men tend to be punishment-oriented
所以会支持公诉方
and favor the prosecution.
媒体是怎么描述我的当事人的
What have you heard in the media about my client?
简短版本吗
The short version?
他是个反♥社♥会♥警♥察♥杀手
That he's a sociopathic cop-killer.
我想对505陪审员提出有因回避
I'd like to challenge juror 505 for cause.
陪审员离席
Juror dismissed.
除去性别 在预先审查期间我们还要找什么
Beyond gender, what else do we look for during voir dire?
吉宾斯先生
Mr. Gibbins.
陪审员和当事人之间的相似性
Similarities between the juror and your client --
任何私人共鸣都有助于赢得陪审员同情
any personal connections that will help the juror sympathize.
你结婚了吗
Are you married?
离婚了
Divorced.
高兴吗
Happily?
为离婚而高兴吗
Happily divorced?
天呐 是的
Oh, lord, yes.
辩方接受这名陪审员
The defense accepts this juror.
当警方证词对公诉方案件起到关键作用时
When police testimony is pivotal to the prosecution's case,
足球妈妈
我们得找到
we have to look for jurors
有质疑权威倾向的陪审员
who are prone to distrust authority.
哪些人有这种倾向
What are some of the signifiers of this?
沃什先生
Mr. Walsh.
第一点是种族
Number one is race.
非裔美国人♥大♥多不信任警♥察♥
There's a larger distrust of police among black Americans.
在我的社区有事也不会报♥警♥
You don't call the police in my neighborhood.
回避
Excuse.
你选择的每个陪审员
Every juror you let in that box
都将决定你当事人的命运
can decide your client's fate.
警♥察♥也有好有坏
Some cops are bad, some are good...
和所有人一样
Like all people.
选任
Accept.
那集《纽约重案组》
That episode of "NYPD. Blue"
西蒙警探去世那幕让我想想就热泪盈眶
where detective Simone died still makes me tear up.
回避
Excuse.
著名美国女演员 后成为摩纳哥王妃
我经常和格蕾丝·凯丽一起喝茶
Grace Kelly and I have tea together quite often.
有因回避
Dismissed for cause.
选任 法官大人
Accept, Your Honor.
回避
Excuse.
-回避 -选任
- Excuse. - Accept.
-选任 -回避 法官大人
- Accept. - Excuse, Your Honor.
-选任 法官大人 -选任 法官大人
- Accept, Your Honor. - Accept, Your Honor.
-回避 法官大人 -回避
- Excuse, Your Honor. - Excuse.
案子的成败掌握在12个陌生人手里
12 complete strangers will make or break your case
结果可能在开场陈词前就决定了
before you've said one word of your opening statement.
我命令你们不许与他人谈论案件
I direct you not to discuss the case with anyone,
形成集体意见
form an opinion,
或是观看案件相关的媒体报道
or search out any media coverage of this matter.
明早九点到法♥院♥报到
Report back at 9:00 a.m. tomorrow.
你居然做了记分表
You're making a scorecard?
总算有个我不讨厌的当事人
We finally have a client I don't hate.
真的吗
Really?
你不讨厌从背后射杀自己父亲的人
The guy who shot his dad in the back?
法官大人 我申请排除纱伦·瑞米尼
Your Honor, I'd like to file a motion to exclude testimony
宣称遭受家暴的证言
of the alleged abuse of Sharon Remini.
法官大人 公诉方有数周的时间提交申请
Your Honor, the prosecution has had weeks to file this motion.
她故意拖到
She deliberately waited
预先审查结束后申请 以阻碍我的辩护
until after voir dire to undermine my defense.
基廷女士 你有什么证据
Ms. Keating, what evidence do you have
支持这一控诉
supporting the abuse claim?
一位在这20年里一直遭受家暴的
The testimony of the woman who has suffered the abuse
女士的证词
for the last 20 years.
瑞米尼女士就在现场 她可以亲口告诉你
Mrs. Remini is here right now. She could tell you firsthand.
纱伦·瑞米尼是被告的母亲
Sharon Remini is the defendant's mother
有足够的动机捏造家暴的指控
and has every reason to fabricate abuse claims
这是为了拯救儿子不顾一切的举动
in a desperate attempt to save her son.
事实上 瑞米尼女士从未因家暴向警方举报
In fact, Mrs. Remini never once filed a report with the police.
她怎么可能报案 受理她报案的人
How could she, when the people that she'd call for help
就是施暴者的同事好友
are the drinking buddies of the abuser?!
你承认你没有实证支持家暴的指控吗
So, you're admitting you have no actual evidence of the abuse?
我有当事人的证言
I have the testimony of my client,
他在三年前就开始在网络日志中
the online diary he's kept for three years
记录母亲被虐待的情形
that documents the abuse.
这是自利传闻证据
It's self-serving hearsay.
我只能批准公诉方的动议
I have no choice but to accept the prosecution's motion
排除被告及其母亲所有关于家暴的
and block any testimony of abuse, either oral or written,
口头或书面形式的证词
from the defendant or his mother.
-法官大人 -我别无选择 基廷女士
- Your Honor. - My hands are tied, Ms. Keating.
要去吃点东西吗
Want to grab a bite?
我知道这条街上有家很好吃的三明治店
I know a great hoagie place down the street.
你居然还有心思想三明治
You're thinking about a sandwich?
我们的辩护策略都被推♥翻♥了
Our whole case just got thrown out.
瑞安下半辈子都要在监狱里度过了
Ryan's going to prison for the rest of his life,
也许会成为哪个罪犯的小情人
where he will probably become somebody's bitch boy,
这或许还是好的 考虑到
and that's actually - the good option, considering
他有可能会先被他父亲的同事打死
his dad's cop buddies might beat him to death first.
瑞安 我不是故意...
Oh, Ryan. I didn't...
没事 我听过更坏的推测
No, it's, uh... I've heard worse.
别告诉我妈妈就行了
Just...don't tell my mom.
她还抱有希望
She still thinks there's hope.
放松 他会没事的
Relax. He'll be fine.
除非他想不开回家自杀
Unless he goes home and shoots himself.
对于建立在情感基础上的案子来说
In cases - where emotion is currency,
我们得按照陪审团的反应进行辩护
we have to cater our defense to the jury,
这意味着要先了解陪审团
which means knowing the jury...
剧集 | 逍遥法外 | 导航列表